Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is there a consensus of whether or not I should play as a female or a male character? I recall Mass Effect fans for example went big for Female Shepard.

The future is female...

In all seriousness it’s universal that the female VA has more experience and the little we’ve seen so far she is the better one of the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is there a consensus of whether or not I should play as a female or a male character? I recall Mass Effect fans for example went big for Female Shepard.

Female VO is better in general seems to be the consensus, unless you specifically want to be a kind of scummy dude or generic tough guy.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

No Mods No Masters posted:

If you think about it as a deus ex game, of the skills only stealth and hacking really have the potential to open up new routes vs just making you better at the default killing poo poo path. Does the game operate on the level where doing a mission with stealth/hacking would actually open up different outcomes? :iiam:

Doors can be locked and require Body to open

Doors can also require Technical Skill to open

And there's probably more stuff too!

so there's a lot of ways for paths to open :) But yeah reviewers definitely called out that there's many ways to approach a mission.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Me, a games journalist born after 1995: "...unfortunately all of the RPG elements seem to be relegated to the dialogue system and character choices. Traditional rpg elements like face sculpting, more robust crafting, and transmog are not present."

punk rebel ecks posted:

All of the complaints seem to be about MaleV's voice acting, but FemV always seemed more interesting to me than Mr. Underwear Model anyways. :shrug:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I think my female nomad V is basically going to be pre-post-cyberpocalypse Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn basically.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

All of the complaints seem to be about MaleV's voice acting, but FemV always seemed more interesting to me than Mr. Underwear Model anyways. :shrug:

It's a city of peens. And he's a big penor.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Doors can be locked and require Body to open

Doors can also require Technical Skill to open

And there's probably more stuff too!

so there's a lot of ways for paths to open :) But yeah reviewers definitely called out that there's many ways to approach a mission.

I thought prying doors open required the gorilla arms cyberware, which is mutex with the mantis blades. Fair point if the mod requires body to install or something though

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
also if you really want a male v you can still make a male v and give them the female voice

i was planning on female v rocking big penis 2 and the female va

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
Two hours until shazam posters and consolaires get btfo

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Two hours until the Steam patch gunks up the Internet and I hastily restart my computer over and over again while screaming at my router.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Steam says there's an update for CP2077 scheduled for 5 minutes from now, but if I hit update, it adds another minute.

tease!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I don't know what a Shazam poster is.

:confused:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Man, if I had a nickel...

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.
Literall wardrobe malfunction. day 0 bugs are always amusing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnltaG2IhEQ&t=5503s

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
My monitor's 1440p 144hz with Gsync, and I'm running a rtx 2070 super, anyone know if it's recommended (or even possible) to set the game res to 1080p and DLSS it up to 1440p to get the most frames, or will it look garbo?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Male V is a must for a douchy corpo guy with a small penis who is a dick and has a need for power over people because of his small penis.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

sean10mm posted:

Female VO is better in general seems to be the consensus, unless you specifically want to be a kind of scummy dude or generic tough guy.

The two worst kinds of dudes to be in a videogame. From the few previews I've seen, every scene has enough scummy generic tough guys to fill a nasty bathtub full of jerks so girl power it is.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Wet Fifty posted:

Literall wardrobe malfunction. day 0 bugs are always amusing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnltaG2IhEQ&t=5503s

Also, in the future you have to turn on your mirrors separately. I'm glad it's not the future yet.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

No Mods No Masters posted:

I thought prying doors open required the gorilla arms cyberware, which is mutex with the mantis blades. Fair point if the mod requires body to install or something though

I think doors just require body, but some doors require more and more and having gorilla arms gives you a huge bonus on the requirement or something

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

mkvltra posted:

I have seen the scene, I have been following the issue, but the person I quoted seems to have not- and that's okay.

I'm not the one who needs proof, I put "Seizure Tool" in quotes because I thought that description was funny.

i mean in real life. thats what the lady said. the braindance flash is the same flash Doctors use for testing seizures and poo poo. idk i don't have seizures.

DeathSandwich posted:

That's literally just reflex/cool IIRC. Reflex accounts for blades and small arms, Body is big guns and blunt melee. Cool is like sniper rifles, stealth, and strength of personality stuff IIRC.

so a mix of those three than. got it.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Rookoo posted:

My monitor's 1440p 144hz with Gsync, and I'm running a rtx 2070 super, anyone know if it's recommended (or even possible) to set the game res to 1080p and DLSS it up to 1440p to get the most frames, or will it look garbo?

With DLSS you set the game resolution to the output you want, so 1440p in your case, and enabling DLSS will actually make it render at a lower resolution internally

"DLSS Quality" at 1440p output usually means a 960p internal resolution

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Wet Fifty posted:

lol when she checks her inventory and the tits are clipping through the shirt, game of the year all years

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.

lobsterminator posted:

Also, in the future you have to turn on your mirrors separately. I'm glad it's not the future yet.

Oh, keep watching after the mirror. wait until she checks the inventory.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

I was joking with someone about this last week, like how you can clip into someone's head and see their teeth and tongue and eyeballs but with a dick and ended up figuring that the game would just... cull the dick to keep it covered. But nope, guess not! That's amazing

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Wicked Them Beats posted:

lol when she checks her inventory and the tits are clipping through the shirt, game of the year all years

You're definitely the person who gave Zaphod red text, lol

All of your posts ITT have a tinge of schadenfreude to them. Why are you so bitter about people enjoying a flawed video game?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive played mortal online, so having a character with a dick or vag isnt special to me anymore

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

sean10mm posted:

Anita Dickinme posted:

The future is female...

In all seriousness it’s universal that the female VA has more experience and the little we’ve seen so far she is the better one of the two.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Awesome responses. Thank you.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I just died from a two foot drop that an NPC I was following made two seconds before me.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

mkvltra posted:

All of your posts ITT have a tinge of schadenfreude to them. Why are you so bitter about people enjoying a flawed video game?

Whoa, I don't think Wicked is being sarcastic or anything, be careful with making accusations without knowing more.

I also think the tits clipping through the shirt is amazing

that's top tier eurojank

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Shirkelton posted:

I just died from a two foot drop that an NPC I was following made two seconds before me.

:rip:

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

mkvltra posted:

I have never bought anyone an avatar or text of any kind.

And I find the game breaking to be very funny. Do you not find it humorous? If it makes you feel better I will probably get the game at some point (whenever I finish with Hades, maybe).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Shirkelton posted:

Big AC Valhalla energy here.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Someone made a Bethesda bugs joke and in keeping with that I keep getting randomly accused of crimes for just walking around.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Has anybody tried jumping in shallow water :v:

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Horizon Burning posted:

Two hours until shazam posters and consolaires get btfo

What are shazam posters?

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

According to the Nvidia GeForce Experience app I can run cyberpunk 2077 at *check notes* 720p with everything set to low...this should be hilarious to try out.

I wish I didn't just check this only to get the same result

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Shirkelton posted:

Geralt's legacy continues

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

games been cracked and its on pirate sites now so yeah. not sure if its totally up to date with the new patch.

Edit: "cracked" i guess since there's no DRM

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Can someone confirm this: if you pick long nails for a male character, you get, uh, "feminine"(?) hands - presumably because they have different animations or something?

Just saw a streamer who seems to have picked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:

Shirkelton posted:

look people die from small drops all the time that's just life yo