Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

I think it’s bullshit that people are talking about Dan Ryckert without talking about White Castle crystals and how he thought if you put a cooked steak in a refrigerator, it became raw.

https://youtu.be/wMuA1cTID7Q

holy poo poo ive never heard this before. i now have an aneurysm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

pmchem posted:

we already covered him having bad takes a few pages ago or w/e

but it is the guy who gave RDR2 a score of 2/5

I mean, RDR2 is a bad game so that score feels about right.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

If there's a huge day 1 patch, am I going to be required to download it before playing (PS4)? If so, could I just not connect to the internet and play at midnight?

I'm in a hotel with the game pre-loaded and a big patch download would probably take like a week on this WiFi.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The only recurring bug I've encountered on Series X is that the game really has trouble remembering if you're wearing cloths or not. Imagine my surprise when I laid back in the Ripper Doc's chair and looked down to see Penis 2 staring back at me. I've also had the mirror bug a couple of times.

Like you can look down at yourself other than that and see your clothes just fine, it's just in those specific canned animations/poses.

Got out into the city for the first time on Series X and there's a ton of people everywhere so the crowd density is fine. Basically the only thing that looks "bad" on Series X (besides clipping issues, which I assume are probably universal) is that the image is a little soft/blurry, even in "fidelity" mode, but we're playing a BC version of the game so I expect that will improve when the real next-gen patch hits.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Seymour Buttz posted:

If there's a huge day 1 patch, am I going to be required to download it before playing (PS4)? If so, could I just not connect to the internet and play at midnight?

I'm in a hotel with the game pre-loaded and a big patch download would probably take like a week on this WiFi.

Got some bad news for you chief

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
:v: is typed in using

code:

:V:

Comte, you magnificent bastard.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Mordiceius posted:

I mean, RDR2 is a bad game so that score feels about right.

I loved RDR2, played it through and did tons of the side stuff, but if someone told me the game sucks poo poo I would just nod. Totally valid response to it.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

dex_sda posted:

holy poo poo ive never heard this before. i now have an aneurysm

Im not sure Ive ever heard of this man before and this makes me want to die twice.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

VanillaGorilla posted:

The only recurring bug I've encountered on Series X is that the game really has trouble remembering if you're wearing cloths or not. Imagine my surprise when I laid back in the Ripper Doc's chair and looked down to see Penis 2 staring back at me.

best game ever

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Gonna be great when steam releases the patch 2 minutes before release
One day they won't gently caress up a major release

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Seymour Buttz posted:

You do not want to play this game on PS4 without the day one patch

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Wicked Them Beats posted:

I loved RDR2, played it through and did tons of the side stuff, but if someone told me the game sucks poo poo I would just nod. Totally valid response to it.

Like, I get that some people would love it. But it didn’t feel like what I wanted the sequel to RDR to be (also I have an unnatural vitriolic hatred of prequel stories).

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
reminder; you will need to restart steam to play cyberpunk... probably.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

On a 1440p monitor, does 1440p DLSS look any better than standard 1080p? Everyone should know the answer to this since the game is still locked on PC

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

sean10mm posted:

Has anybody tried jumping in shallow water :v:

Actually, yes, and I died.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

watching this DLSS talk, and its loving magic

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Cavauro posted:

On a 1440p monitor, does 1440p DLSS look any better than standard 1080p? Everyone should know the answer to this since the game is still locked on PC

In Death Stranding 1440p DLSS definitely looked better than 1080p on my 1440 monitor.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

RDR2 is by far the shittiest game i've put 60 hours into finishing. not being ironic. it sucks rear end and i finished it.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Shirkelton posted:

I just died from a two foot drop that an NPC I was following made two seconds before me.

sean10mm posted:

Has anybody tried jumping in shallow water :v:

Shirkelton posted:

Actually, yes, and I died.

If this happened in Disco Elysium we'd call it art. :hmmyes:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cavauro posted:

it looks better than 720p and worse than 4k

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

anyone have any info on how the game handles controllers on PC if using it through steam?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Traxis posted:

In Death Stranding 1440p DLSS definitely looked better than 1080p on my 1440 monitor.

In Death Stranding, 1440p DLSS quality mode looks better than 1440p native. somehow.

In that game it is literally loving magic. That's why it's nvidia's go-to when showing it off.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Do not go into this game thinking it's Disco Elysium. Someone earlier called the writing Pulp and that is definitely what they are going for. It's pulpy detective noir inside with a cyberpunk exterior.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The "Where's Johnny" comics are pretty interesting.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I think it’s bullshit that people are talking about Dan Ryckert without talking about White Castle crystals and how he thought if you put a cooked steak in a refrigerator, it became raw.

https://youtu.be/wMuA1cTID7Q

uhhh one of these people admitted to cooking two totinos party pizzas to eat it "like a sandwhich" and nobody blinked or called him out for it. I thought I was at the apex of disgusting slob by simply choosing to buy and eat a whole party pizza by myself, but drat, I'm practically a health food nut comparatively.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Cavauro posted:

On some games (Death Stranding), 1440p DLSS quality looks better than 1440p native. On other games, it is slightly worse, but not as bad as going down a drop in resolution.

DLSS balanced or performance looks more like 1080p upscaled, but should definitely be better performance than native 1080p.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
I'm gonna do Nomad -> full Nerd mode max out Tech, then Int, and then save every bit of scrap to create custom legendary weapons/armor/cyberware/brain chips

I was thinking I needed to save more points for Cool -> Stealth if I want to be sneaky, but actually none of the perks actually help you *be* stealthy (except the movement rate one at lvl1) , they're all stealth attacks, which I should have more or less covered with quickhacks?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Just do DLSS quality mode and relax about it

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

if the seizures don't kill you a puddle will

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

VanillaGorilla posted:

Do not go into this game thinking it's Disco Elysium. Someone earlier called the writing Pulp and that is definitely what they are going for. It's pulpy detective noir inside with a cyberpunk exterior.

hell yes, this excites me

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Does the game look like rear end on ps4?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
release the patch gaben

release the ost cdpr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkkn5px0E_Q

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Shirkelton posted:

I just died from a two foot drop that an NPC I was following made two seconds before me.

well clearly they have some kind of leg implant and you don't :vv:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

VanillaGorilla posted:

I don't think anybody is seriously doing this.

DE is amazing... but it's also a text based adventure game with 0 action.

And Cyberpunk 2077 is pulp as gently caress, just like the pen & paper game it's based on.

I don't consider this a negative.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Khanstant posted:

uhhh one of these people admitted to cooking two totinos party pizzas to eat it "like a sandwhich" and nobody blinked or called him out for it. I thought I was at the apex of disgusting slob by simply choosing to buy and eat a whole party pizza by myself, but drat, I'm practically a health food nut comparatively.

that was also dan ryckert, the man who got married in a taco bell

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

:yeah:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

sean10mm posted:

DE is amazing... but it's also a text based adventure game with 0 action.

The incredible rear end-kicking I gave Measurehead says otherwise :colbert:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

sean10mm posted:

In Death Stranding, 1440p DLSS quality mode looks better than 1440p native. somehow.

In that game it is literally loving magic. That's why it's nvidia's go-to when showing it off.

do you have any source where they do good comparisons of this? Not doubting, just wanna check it out.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

People have been saying that it's not terrible on PS4 Pro. If you're rolling a launch PS4 though.......yeah, I mean, it'll run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

dex_sda posted:

do you have any source where they do good comparisons of this? Not doubting, just wanna check it out.

Digital Foundry did a whole thing about the DLSS implementation in Death Stranding, it's very good. The AI basically infers and fills in detail that isn't even there on the original texture. Black magic stuff.