Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

Reviewers seem to really really dislike this universe's unabashed thesis that all the technology in the world isn't really going to change the basically horrible, brutal nature of capitalism. Very common strain in reviews to fixate on sci fi that posits technology somehow saving or reinventing society as if that's what it should have been

Really? That's a weird take in a review. That's pretty clear judging something for not being something else. Has there ever been cyberpunk that believed in techno utopia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I thought you could only do that with specific ones. How do you do that with every vending machine?

You can do the quickhacks or whatever to basically any machine, so far I've only encountered one vending machine that lets you jack in manually to rob it or whatever with the breach minigame.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Found a nice tech revolver that takes 6 body for some reason.

I am not nearly swole enough to use this pistol.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I’m going to be pissed if Jackie dies

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Was really excited about getting on those amazingly modeled bikes. Was sorely disappointed by how stiff V moves in them. Feels like it got cut when compared to how well cdpr managed the motions of geralt on horses.

Also the passive RAM regen perk is a must have if your gonna go with quick hack combat build.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Reviewers seem to really really dislike this universe's unabashed thesis that all the technology in the world isn't really going to change the basically horrible, brutal nature of capitalism. Very common strain in reviews to fixate on sci fi that posits technology somehow saving or reinventing society as if that's what it should have been
The intersection graph showing video game journalists and Elon Musk's psychofans is probably a circle.

Also bad news - most sci fi is about technology failing humanity in the worst possible ways.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Bussamove posted:

Found a nice tech revolver that takes 6 body for some reason.

I am not nearly swole enough to use this pistol.

I found one too and figured it had massive kickback or something.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
edit never mind I do not know how to post gif's to thread :(

When your car is too eager to meet you

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FallenGod posted:

Finally got my first crash on PS5, about 4 hours played. Hopefully the native PS5 client will clean the visuals up, but who knows how many months it will be before that is available.

After seeing that DF video I'm glad I'm not using my old Pro or GTX 1060 PC, but I'm really not sure what the end goal for CDPR was here. The game is borderline unplayable for a huge chunk of their potential customers.

Secretly paid to help promote GeForce now. :v:

Honestly Nvidia’s should’ve made a deal with them to give them a free month of service if you bought the game. It’s only five bucks anyway, but this would’ve been a great way to get people on the service. Basically insurance if your PC isn’t working out.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

FuzzySlippers posted:

Really? That's a weird take in a review. That's pretty clear judging something for not being something else. Has there ever been cyberpunk that believed in techno utopia?

No, but it's also not in the style of most genre defining cyberpunk to either "beat you over the head with it" or, I would rather say, "treat it as absolutely blatantly obvious" to the extent this setting does. Whole lotta libs out there

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Woof Blitzer posted:

You just quick hack every one you see. You can do it by default!

It looks so rad but I don't know how much I want to dump into cool

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

keanu reeves is kinda bad in the game

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Khanstant posted:

You can do the quickhacks or whatever to basically any machine, so far I've only encountered one vending machine that lets you jack in manually to rob it or whatever with the breach minigame.

I didn’t think there was any benefit to doing that... but now thinking about how breach works I feel like an idiot for not doing it now. Welp time to break everyone in night city.

Also I’m happy the hacking minigame is so easy I can even do it, even though I’m not entirely sure of how it works, well so that I could explain how picking one number goes to the next number.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

jisforjosh posted:

All low 720p.

What resolution is your monitor?

3840x2160

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Comstar posted:

edit never mind I do not know how to post gif's to thread :(

When your car is too eager to meet you
Roach's spirit is still alive and well in this game.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Well considering their careers are based on tech advancements and tech products.. maybe it’s a weird subconscious thing that they feel attacked. :lol:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pylons posted:

Yeah, people's expectations were kinda skewed.

like i like the writing alot and i just got past the prologue, gonna do side quests and poo poo for awhile. combat but gun and blade feel pretty good.

shrike82 posted:

he works for what the character is supposed to be, a loud narsstic shithead who hates everyone who might mean well but is a broken person.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I just wish the cars kinda auto centered. It feels about the same as GTA but the pace here is slower and less wacky so struggling to stay in your lane feels worse.

I'm more immersed than any modern open world games I've played so I'm not just crashing through traffic to get to the quest marker as quickly as I can. I wanna drive more like regular reckless and not cartoon reckless

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shrike82 posted:

The truth is he’s a really cool good human being, but an okay to sometimes really good actor. I mean have you ever seen him in Bram Stoker‘s Dracula? Basically he kind of got a boost from those sad Keanu Memes and the John Wick series giving him a whole new career (not that he was in the shits, but he was in a bunch of projects like that Ronin one that did not do well). Hell I mean in the matrix it was more style over any real acting (that series was anchored more by Hugo Weaving, Lawrence Fishburne and Carrie Anne Moss.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
How customizable is character creation? What is the minimum penis size?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Twerk from Home posted:

How customizable is character creation? What is the minimum penis size?

You're a grower, not a shower.

No face-sculpting a-la fallout/skyrim, but a decently wide selection of options for the various face options.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It’s funny I never expected to spend a lot of time on the PC one so I didn’t even bother customizing that, which apparently means my character has no dick since when I took off pants at one point it was just Ken doll.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

yeah, i am kinda curious what these folks expected? like "its mean and dark" isnt good critcism because look at the loving ads. don't act like you a some tired mom buy any game to make little timmy shut the gently caress up. i also like how the game kinda shits all over the "we gonna go major leagues big shot super dudes" poo poo. hard.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah I don't really think of Keanu as a top tier capital A Actor, but a really chill, decent seeming dude with enough charisma to carry some fun roles like sad shooty dog owner.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

me rn

Mr.Sloth
May 20, 2007

DelphiAegis posted:

You're a grower, not a shower.

No face-sculpting a-la fallout/skyrim, but a decently wide selection of options for the various face options.

Has anyone managed to remake Francis V Morgan from the first trailer yet?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

The truth is he’s a really cool good human being, but an okay to sometimes really good actor. I mean have you ever seen him in Bram Stoker‘s Dracula? Basically he kind of got a boost from those sad Keanu Memes and the John Wick series giving him a whole new career (not that he was in the shits, but he was in a bunch of projects like that Ronin one that did not do well). Hell I mean in the matrix it was more style over any real acting (that series was anchored more by Hugo Weaving, Lawrence Fishburne and Carrie Anne Moss.

We was loving great in Always Be My Maybe.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

what i gotta buy my own knife like some kinda chump

Oh it gets better, your knife is gone after you throw it.
Why anyone would choose this over stacking a billion damage with silenced pistol revolver headshots is beyond me.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

It don't matter, because cyberpunk is the future has it was imagined in the 80s, with everything, even japanese corporations owning everything.

On the real world Japan is just surviving trough many "lost decades" and is one of the most debt riden countries in the world.

In other words: Cyberpunk is a cool setting, but a outdated prediction. A more modern prediction would be Amazon The Boys, for how cinical is political correctness and fad following / design by commite and corporations controlling people public opinion with a iron fist. A different "corpos run the world" than in the cyberpunk universes.

-------------

Why sometimes I can't do silent kills? seems random

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Huh, turns out the RTX 2060 can run this at a basically locked 4K30 (or 1080p30 + ultra raytracing) with everything except the shadow stuff on high and DLSS set to quality. Not bad at all. I'm still going to play at 1440p60, though.

Unfortunately, I still didn't manage to sort out the pauses/stutters. The problem clearly doesn't have anything to do with performance because the stutters happen even in the menus and changing graphical settings doesn't do anything (and when they happen, the sound usually cuts out as well), and it's not a problem with the SSD because I did a full reinstall to another SSD and the stutters are still happening. I guess both of my SSDs could be poo poo, but I doubt that. Hopefully this is just a weird bug that can be fixed with a patch.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 11, 2020

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

I'm playing on PC and I've tried both a Dualshock 4 and a Dualsense and it only shows me Xbox button prompts. Steam recognizes my controller just fine and I don't see an option in-game to change the interface. Anybody else had this issue?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Missionary Positron posted:

Is this game heavily CPU bound or what, I'm getting some terrible framedrops to below 30 on a 2600x + 3070-combo with RT Ultra + DLSS @ 1440p.

Goddamn it, just release the BIOS upgrade so I can buy a 5600x already MSI :mad:

I'm in the same exact boat with my 2700x + 3070 on an MSI B450-A PRO

I'll probably go for a 5800x for the extra cores though.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tei posted:

It don't matter, because cyberpunk is the future has it was imagined in the 80s, with everything, even japanese corporations owning everything.

On the real world Japan is just surviving trough many "lost decades" and is one of the most debt riden countries in the world.

In other words: Cyberpunk is a cool setting, but a outdated prediction. A more modern prediction would be Amazon The Boys, for how cinical is political correctness and fad following / design by commite and corporations controlling people public opinion with a iron fist. A different "corpos run the world" than in the cyberpunk universes.

yeah. its interesting though and i dont mind it. the stuff was written in 1988 and it gets the gross corpo culture from back then and probably now to some extent pretty well.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Gonna have a bad day in night town if my brain computer tells me your a criminal.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Gonna have a bad day in night town if my brain computer tells me your a criminal.

i just take their heads off with a sword like the weeb i am.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Secretly paid to help promote GeForce now. :v:

Honestly Nvidia’s should’ve made a deal with them to give them a free month of service if you bought the game. It’s only five bucks anyway, but this would’ve been a great way to get people on the service. Basically insurance if your PC isn’t working out.

Honestly, it's kind of funny that there is finally a game that might justify people playing it on Stadia / other streaming services.

I'm sure Google is already in the part of their "new product" cycle where they're looking to kill the service off, though.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Turin Turambar posted:

Because I plan to eventually buy a 3080, I had compared it before to my gtx 1080, so I know it offers around twice the performance (+100%). Here it's more than that, near +125%?
I suspect what is happening is simply that Nvidia has reached the point where they optimize well the drivers for the last two generations of gpu, mine is the third-last generation so at this point it's starting to get the short stick.

This game is making me finally think about upgrading my good ol' 1080-Ti, but the cost right now is just prohibitive, so I'll keep chugging along at 40'ish fps because I can't bring myself to make the game less pretty.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Fojar38 posted:

What are the known system killers? I'm running on a 1050 ti as well and would love to be able to bump up my resolution

People are saying to turn off chromatic aberration, motion blur, film grain, and uh.. shadow resolution? Sorry I don't actually have the game, I forget the name of that particular setting. Also hearing a lot of people saying to do a clean install of drivers from the nvidia site, no idea if that's beneficial for a 1050 ti.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kabcha/psa_turn_off_chromatic_aberration_film_grain_and/

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

I’ve been playing on low with a GTX 970 and an i5 cpu and having a grand old time. Looks perfectly fine to me and haven’t had any crashes so far after 7 hours or so of gameplay. A couple of bugs which meant I needed to reload, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, i am kinda curious what these folks expected? like "its mean and dark" isnt good critcism because look at the loving ads. don't act like you a some tired mom buy any game to make little timmy shut the gently caress up. i also like how the game kinda shits all over the "we gonna go major leagues big shot super dudes" poo poo. hard.

I'm finding it a lot less mean and dark than W3 but I didn't play W3 that much. It's a brutal setting but you talk to a lot of positive people and people trying to make the best of things. There can be a sense of community within the underclass that was missing in W3 when you mostly had dumb peasants looking for any excuse to murder/rape each other.

Starting W3 it was like people talking about raping/being raped/expecting to be raped/looking forward to raping, fantasy racism, gay bashing, etc. I did read some of the books so I know that was also cdpr being faithful to the material.