Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

The Last Call posted:

It seems CDPR has already recouped all development and marketing cost for the game.

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2020/12/current-report-no-652020.pdf

That's nuts, and also good news for future support and potential sequels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
https://twitter.com/PaulTassi/status/1337360958906363909?s=20

this dude is a clown. he clearly hasn't adjusted his gamma and or turned off the HDR.

this is my game on PS5 and is using twitter's poo poo rear end compression. on screen the game looks great.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'd assume this patch was basically timed around the epillepsy thing being ready and just includes anything else they happened to have done

Pretty much, but I'll take any stability and scripting fixes I can get.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
All my favorite youtubers will have two hour long videos about this game's politics and they will all use the cybertruck window being smashed

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Awesome the office reference put of nowhere in an early side mission the warehouse worker that killed a yakuza boss

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Driving by and a car just blew up for no reason, went to check it out and dude still in it, not sure what happened:

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
the new patch on ps4 is 17 and a half gigs :stare:

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

psychoJ posted:

the new patch on ps4 is 17 and a half gigs :stare:

oh no poo poo? lol. is this the one where they said this would make the console version a different game? or was that one already applied

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Also I kind of like that most cars will just scoop over you if you run into them, for some reason:

Makes getting through traffic pretty easy

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Has CDPR said anything about if they care about save modification/cheat engine? When games do these branching level up systems I inevitably want to do a subsequent play-through where I just unlock everything.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Has anyone found any way (perks, augments, mods, whatever) to reduce or remove the massive shaking when you charge a tech weapon past a certain point? Makes it a real hassle to land headshots with a tech sniper.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

This 500 meg hotfix on GoG is taking what feels like fifteen years to apply.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Reddit got so butthurt about the posts on the cyberpunk subreddit they had to create one of those “low sodium” echo chamber subreddits like they did for destiny and anthem. POSITIVE POSTING ONLY

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

BabelFish posted:

Has CDPR said anything about if they care about save modification/cheat engine? When games do these branching level up systems I inevitably want to do a subsequent play-through where I just unlock everything.

It's a single player game and there isn't even any DRM, how would they possibly know about or prevent this?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

LifeSunDeath posted:

Driving by and a car just blew up for no reason, went to check it out and dude still in it, not sure what happened:

Break ups 2077 style.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
What's the best car to get?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The internet tells me the Yaiba Kusanagi is 22k. Tell me if you guys see out there, maybe. I can't seem to find it!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The game just updated and now it crashes on startup.

Very good troll, thank you may I have another

edit: needed to verify files

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 11, 2020

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

BabelFish posted:

You might want to take a look at the Nexus, they already got a section up for Cyberpunk 2077 along with a ton of mods already. If what you want isn't there yet, give time it almost certainly will be.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ZeeBoi posted:

Reddit got so butthurt about the posts on the cyberpunk subreddit they had to create one of those “low sodium” echo chamber subreddits like they did for destiny and anthem. POSITIVE POSTING ONLY

Even though it seems like 500 years ago, but considering how bad (like always) Reddit is handling this...I'm wondering how nuclear did reset era go? :lol:

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

LifeSunDeath posted:

Also I kind of like that most cars will just scoop over you if you run into them, for some reason:

Makes getting through traffic pretty easy

lmao reminds me of the saints row cheat that let you just bulldoze cars 30 feet in the air

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

BabelFish posted:

It has a dev console that is just disabled at the moment. I would assume at some point there'll be a mod enabling it on nexus within the next few weeks.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Eau de MacGowan posted:

i wish i knew what a chinga or a chingada is because jackie sure loves that loving word

i mean, i know maricon, i know hijo di puta, i know puto and puta, i know puta madre, i know cabron, i know pendejo, i thought i was a pro tier spanish swearer

chingado:chingada=hosed

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Pontificating rear end posted:

The game just updated and now it crashes on startup.

Very good troll, thank you may I have another

If you're using gog galaxy, disable the overlay.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

The Last Call posted:

You might want to take a look at the Nexus, they already got a section up for Cyberpunk 2077 along with a ton of mods already. If what you want isn't there yet, give time it almost certainly will be.

drat that's badass. I thought this was gonna be one of those games that's frustratingly non-moddable, but there's already a bunch of little mods there.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Gyshall posted:

What's the best car to get?

My understanding is you only get offered the top tier vehicles when you've nearly capped out your street cred, ie done a huge swath of the game already. Also they cost a ludicrous amount and money is in short supply/high demand for other things. As of the middle of act II I would advise mainly using a motorcycle (act ii spoilers) you can get one for free from an early act ii sidequest and buying as cheap of a beater car as possible which you can summon just for stash access, though I have a sidequest suggesting you might get your lovely starter car back if you wait long enough.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Firstborn posted:

The Akira motorcycle is the Yaiba Kusanagi... just need to the find little guy that sells it, hopefully!

Wakako Okada sells that bike for $22k. She is the fixer that set you up with that first gig with Jackie and you can meet her again anytime after the lockdown is over. It was the 2nd vehicle she offered me so you probably don't need too much street cred.

No Mods No Masters posted:

My understanding is you only get offered the top tier vehicles when you've nearly capped out your street cred, ie done a huge swath of the game already. Also they cost a ludicrous amount and money is in short supply/high demand for other things. As of the middle of act II I would advise mainly using a motorcycle (act ii spoilers) you can get one for free from an early act ii sidequest and buying as cheap of a beater car as possible which you can summon just for stash access, though I have a sidequest suggesting you might get your lovely starter car back if you wait long enough.

That probably depends a lot on your playstyle and choice of gear. I hit 34 street cred by the time I finished Act 1 and still had a lot of gigs available in Watson. Doing primarily hacking, I found myself rolling cash and have been grabbing up all the best implants I can find. I could imagine if you just rush the main story and don't do a lot of side stuff or if you're constantly buying new gear then you'd be tight on cash and street cred.

Delizin fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 11, 2020

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

BabelFish posted:

they'll ban you off steam

you'll be vac banned

you're loving done kiddo

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

The Last Call posted:

It seems CDPR has already recouped all development and marketing cost for the game.

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2020/12/current-report-no-652020.pdf

gently caress

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Zeta Acosta posted:

gently caress

I know, should have bought the dip after the november delay :negative:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
are shop inventories fixed or random? I keep forgetting to check

zebedy
Feb 25, 2006
well?
the world and atmosphere are really good, and the main story is pretty engaging so far but everything else feels half baked. if you strip out the the raytracing and PBR materials, the world/NPC interaction might actually be worse than GTA3.

it needed another year or two I think. the last game I played was RDR2 and the difference in quality of execution is stark, it just doesn't have that final (hardest) 10% polish which you expect a TrIpLe-A game to nail.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i guess they are full on replacing things in the game this patch is using my ssd like crazy

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Well saved a guy with a malfunctioning Mr. Stud. It’s probably the one time the driving has actually been fun . Description of the sidequest: You have to drive him to his ripperdoc ASAP. You keep having to dodge police blockades, trucks that want to run red lights, school being let out and a million children crossing the street (you can’t run them over. Invisible wall), etc. I just found him out in the world screaming about how his crotch is shooting flames.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Zeta Acosta posted:

i guess they are full on replacing things in the game this patch is using my ssd like crazy

Same on my HDD, it's at 100% disk usage.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

are shop inventories fixed or random? I keep forgetting to check

They seem to be mostly fixed. The stats page makes it seem like after getting enough street cred new stuff gets added to shops, but I haven't tested it so I can't be sure.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Even though it seems like 500 years ago, but considering how bad (like always) Reddit is handling this...I'm wondering how nuclear did reset era go? :lol:

they have a sticky about the transphobia controversy called something like "why you shouldn't give cdpr any money", plus a separate thread about the game.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think ripperdocs (the only vendor I strongly care about so far) are fixed at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i downloaded an update and it broke the game. had to validate files and now its redownloading half the loving data. :hmbol: