Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Took me a minute to remember that "zoos" does not mean the place where all the animals live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It took reading your post for me to realize it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Well beyond AUG.. Deeply into cursed territory

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

rydiafan posted:

Same. Still took me a seconds, as I was like, “wait but how is this not about zoos...0h...”

:stonk:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

GreenMetalSun posted:

Debated between here and IOSM, but it's definitely AUG.

“This just seems like some weird niche net weird-EURGH”

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Can't believe they got Sephiroth in Smash

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TontoCorazon posted:

Can't believe they got Sephiroth in Smash

I seriously thought from the thumbnail that it was a picture of someone doing a genderbent Handsome Squidward cosplay.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Hapsburg princess.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
She was probably attractive before she got internet brainworms and went off the deep end
:confused:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Body dysmorphic disorder is sad

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

OwlFancier posted:

Took me a minute to remember that "zoos" does not mean the place where all the animals live.

rydiafan posted:

Same here, and I recently listened to a takedown of some apparently notorious people (including a few arrests in the past year) and STILL didn’t make the connection because the reality is so much to bear. :smith:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Not ugly, but definitely awkward and gross:

Suntan Boy posted:

Military ERs are always a special flavor of batshit, in a medical field rife with WTF stories.

My patient one night was brought in from the field by their medic, complaining of abdominal pain for 2 days, and unable to poo poo for 3. He looked ok, other than clearly being profoundly uncomfortable. The medic had tried a short regimen of stool softeners, to no avail, and their aid station had given him a bottle of magnesium citrate to chug, which just made it hurt more. Even when he was alone in the room with one of the staff, dude didn't let on that he knew exactly what the problem was, and it wasn't the steady diet of MREs and dehydration.

"Belly hurts, can't poo poo" isn't particularly unusual for Joe, but it does warrant an x-ray as a matter of course. Woke up the tech, who wheeled the patient off to do their thing. After they came back, the tech pulls us off to the side.

"He's got a dildo or something stuck up there, but it's weird; I can't see any batteries or plastic. Here, take a look."

Gathered around the computer, we start trying to figure out the object jammed in this man's rectum. Completely opaque, so probably metal or ceramic... north end has a blunt taper... measures about 40mm by 45mm...

"Oh gently caress," one of my newbie medics breathed. "That's a 203 round."

"Oh gently caress," the rest of the army folks in the room agreed. "It's a launched grenade," I explained to to nonplussed doctor. After a moment's consideration, "Oh gently caress."

To his credit, the doctor did not stride back into that patient's room like his rear end in a top hat had just tried to vacuum up a chair cushion. He did scoot out of there with a quickness once he'd confirmed what it was, and that there was no way he'd be able to get it out right there. A flurry of phone calls followed: the doctor with the surgeon, the charge nurse with several levels of department and hospital leadership, and myself with EOD. Every conversation went pretty much the same: sleepy disbelief, laughter, "oh poo poo, I/we'll be right there". Fortunately, he was the only patient in the entire building, so evacuating everyone amounted to half a dozen disgruntled staff in the parking lot in the middle of the night.

After some uneventful waiting, the EOD and surgical teams arrived, wheeled dude to the operating room, and got to work. It was reportedly asses-to-elbows with both groups in there at the same time, but they got the round out mostly without incident. "Mostly", because dude's bowels had been corked for 3 days, and all those MREs suddenly had an exit route; the immediate aftermath was best described as "chocolate mousse fired from a blunderbuss". The round was whisked away by the EOD crew, and dude was quietly disappeared after a brief stint in the recovery ward. No idea what happened to either one of them, sadly.

NTC was a weird place.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Not ugly, but definitely awkward and gross:

Well I had a picture of a strange bird to post but I'm not sure it's relevant after that.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The idea of a guy in a bomb suit standing next to a surgeon in the operating theater is pretty funny.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OwlFancier posted:

The idea of a guy in a bomb suit standing next to a surgeon in the operating theater is pretty funny.

I was gonna say "except for the guy in the bomb suit" but let's be honest, that guy now has a lifetime's worth of winning stories to tell at his local watering hole so he's laughing about it too.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I was gonna say "except for the guy in the bomb suit" but let's be honest, that guy now has a lifetime's worth of winning stories to tell at his local watering hole so he's laughing about it too.

He's also covered in poo poo. Win some, lose some.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
40x45mm? So just the explosive projectile and not the 203 shell casing. So I guess he was going to town on himself with a live round and holding it by the rim of the casing, clenched up when he came and pulled back a spent shell. Even if he'd succeeded in shiting it out he'd have been leaving unexploded ordnance in the latrine. I'd love to see the officer's incident report on this.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That's how Dr. Carson Beckett shoulda gone out

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
One guy in Afghanistan got an RPG in his guts, survived, and had to get operated on (successfully)
https://abcnews.go.com/2020/unexploded-bomb-soldiers-body-docs-save/story?id=13678066

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

James Woods posted:

40x45mm? So just the explosive projectile and not the 203 shell casing. So I guess he was going to town on himself with a live round and holding it by the rim of the casing, clenched up when he came and pulled back a spent shell. Even if he'd succeeded in shiting it out he'd have been leaving unexploded ordnance in the latrine. I'd love to see the officer's incident report on this.

Gives new meaning to 'going to the can, gotta drop a bomb'

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

James Woods posted:

I'm more impressed at the guy with the bullet puller for an rear end in a top hat. That's a popular man right there.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I'm more impressed at the guy with the bullet puller for an rear end in a top hat. That's a popular man right there.

I mean, is he? I don't want him uprooting my dick.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

I was thinking the same thing. I imagine you'd need a pipe wrench and a pair of vice grips under normal circumstances. This dude is in the wrong line of work.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They make special vices to put them in so yeah, man literally has a ringpiece like a vice.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

GreenMetalSun posted:

Debated between here and IOSM, but it's definitely AUG.

I wonder if there's a whole bunch of them that try to entice the animals to make the first move.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Oh wow. Xbox series X version of untitled goose game lookin bad.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

Purgatory Glory posted:

I wonder if there's a whole bunch of them that try to entice the animals to make the first move.

I think some things are better off not wondered about, friend.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Also if the question is "people do hosed up thing?" the answer is always emphatically "yes"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I dunno the idea of someone wandering up to a cow and trying to do a provocative slip of the dressing gown as the cow just stares at them entirely disinterested is kinda funny.

Oh yeah you come to this barn often? Eating hay huh, that's cool.

Oh my god do you think there are people who try PUA poo poo on wildlife? I want there to be some guy who got eaten by a bear cos he tried to neg it.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

I dunno the idea of someone wandering up to a cow and trying to do a provocative slip of the dressing gown as the cow just stares at them entirely disinterested is kinda funny.

Oh yeah you come to this barn often? Eating hay huh, that's cool.

Oh my god do you think there are people who try PUA poo poo on wildlife? I want there to be some guy who got eaten by a bear cos he tried to neg it.

Good news, Canada already has that part all figured out
Winner of the Canadian Pulitzer

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/8GxThEEF_WIC9QqAyjf0imaH2diNSh_S__1Vr_AZjEI/https/i.imgur.com/UiMAxWW.mp4

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

In the Before Time when I had a job and saw people we had a regular who, when asked what he wanted to drink, always responded with "I love Bud Light!"

Now I will think of this when I think of him. Good guy, though.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Nope nope nope! Shoot me up with all the morphine you got, doc.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ah so that's where the guy who lives in the bud light house is.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That man has covid

I think that might actually be chicken bullion and a prank and now I've convinced myself and I won't hear otherwise

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

The Bloop posted:

That man has covid

I think that might actually be chicken bullion and a prank and now I've convinced myself and I won't hear otherwise

I want to believe this too, especially the way it's staining his legs.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

That's how Dr. Carson Beckett shoulda gone out

Way better than explosive tumor.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am now imagining precision refined and pressed chicken into specific purity ingots, the central chicken bank issuing stamped nuggets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

RoboRodent posted:

I want to believe this too, especially the way it's staining his legs.

Considering how bad urine smells the next morning when you get up to pee in middle of the night and forget to flush, I hope so too.