Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

Kenny has appeared!

In a pretape

With Karl Anderson! Where they talk about NJPW a bunch, and Kenny and Callis make fun of him for being better in NJPW

Were the NJPW references explicit, or veiled?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He straight up referenced the 2012 G1 Climax and Kazuchika Okada.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

A little of both. Kenny brought up Karl Anderson's match in the G1 2012 finals against Okada (Mentioning the G1 and Okada by name) but didn't never outright mentioned NJPW.

The same kinda energy in AEW where they reference old WCW on TNT stuff without mentioning it was in WCW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcJNJ9RfFz8

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Calling it - Karl Anderson beat up Jon Moxley.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Edward Mass posted:

Calling it - Karl Anderson beat up Jon Moxley.

yeah the good brothers has been sort of the hot pick since this impact thing was set up I think.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I know people hate WWE and everything associated with it, but I need to just reiterate this:

Josh Mathews is the worst commentator employed by any major wrestling promotion, and probably any indie. He makes Cole sound like peak JR.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I know people hate WWE and everything associated with it, but I need to just reiterate this:

Josh Mathews is the worst commentator employed by any major wrestling promotion, and probably any indie. He makes Cole sound like peak JR.

Okay, but as a counter-argument, Matt Striker on Lucha Underground & some AAA shows was the dogdirt worst. (& his colour guy was even worse)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Cole could be good and has an anchor on him. Matthews just isn't good

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Stryker and Vamp for TNA commentary plz

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Stryker and Vamp for TNA commentary plz

We already had a Striker / Mathews combo few weeks back. I wish someone would take Mathews away from the commentary.

Bey / Swann was real good, and so was time-and-space bending Kenny Omega.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gumball Gumption posted:

Cole could be good and has an anchor on him. Matthews just isn't good

I agree but even Anchored Cole>Mathews.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

Kenny has appeared!

In a pretape

With Karl Anderson! Where they talk about NJPW a bunch, and Kenny and Callis make fun of him for being better in NJPW

Because nothing puts over your promotion by talking about how far an outside star has fallen to appear on yours.

E: Oh I read this wrong, they're making fun of Anderson, not Kenny.

And yeah Josh Matthews is hideous. He just can't call live action and somehow hasn't improved in... god, what, 15 years he's been doing this now?

DJExile fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Dec 14, 2020

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DJExile posted:

Because nothing puts over your promotion by talking about how far an outside star has fallen to appear on yours.

And yeah Josh Matthews is hideous. He just can't call live action and somehow hasn't improved in... god, what, 15 years he's been doing this now?

Josh Matthews is the reverse Kevin Kelly, in that WWE actually did him a favor by micromanaging his screen performing.

Same goes for Striker btw.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I remember Josh being my favorite on his season of Tough Enough because he was a small guy who wanted to do flippy stuff. I wonder if he was always an annoying/bad dweeb but I didn't notice it as a kid?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I specifically remember him being an insufferable little twerp even on Tough Enough. I think it was overshadowed at first by that one contestant (Darryl?) that was just a walking disaster.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
post itt if you’re a men’s lifestyle aficionado

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I specifically remember him being an insufferable little twerp even on Tough Enough. I think it was overshadowed at first by that one contestant (Darryl?) that was just a walking disaster.

I was also likely an insufferable little twerp when I watched it so maybe we held some common ground.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

It didn't help that he was absolutely stick thin too and looked like he'd break in half at any moment. I think he had all of like 1 appearance on WWE when Booker T dragged him over... god I don't even remember who, and that seemed like the last I ever saw of him as an in-ring performer. Feel like he was calling Velocity really soon after that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, an Impact episode that opens with AEW Dynamite match footage, includes Tonys Schiavone and Kahn throwing shade, includes a "Flashback Moment" of a big Sting return, and ends with the AEW Champ getting booked in a cross promotional match is a real trip.

I still enjoy most everything happening in the tag and women's divisions, and I enjoyed Bey/Raju and don't mind TJP/Manik even if he's a poo poo. But man the no crowd is tough especially on promos and there's a lot of Sami, Moose, and Zack Ryder's old tag partner stuff I'm not feeling... But Rosemary remains real cool.

I'm not sure what to make of Eric Young brain washing comedy wrestlers to be angry heels.

Also
"Tommy, I know you beat Larry at Final Resolution and he's in jail now."
"That's right."

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Looks like the rating dropped back to usual levels. Kenny can only do so much to save this company.

https://twitter.com/CarlosToroMedia/status/1339316388046008321?s=19

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

STAC Goat posted:

I still enjoy most everything happening in the tag and women's divisions, and I enjoyed Bey/Raju and don't mind TJP/Manik even if he's a poo poo. But man the no crowd is tough especially on promos and there's a lot of Sami, Moose, and Zack Ryder's old tag partner stuff I'm not feeling... But Rosemary remains real cool.

bryan myers is better than zack ryder

but yes rosemary is cool. I like their breadth of Canadian talent. and also poc talent

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Procrastinator posted:

bryan myers is better than zack ryder
I'm not a huge fan of either, but I just couldn't remember the guy's name.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
We just need Kenny

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Super X-Cup is coming back in January.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

jungle boy win the x cup and then leave

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Stop me if you've heard this one before: TNA is waiting until the last minute to re-sign talent.

wrestletalk posted:

As per Fightful Select, multiple re-signings that took place last year were actually announced a while after they happened, which means some deals that appear to have a few months left actually expire on January 1.

It was already known that Ethan Page, Taya Valkyrie, Sami Callihan and Jake Crist had contracts coming up on January 1. Page is expected to leave, Callihan is expected to re-sign, Crist has already announced he’s a free agent, and Valkyrie’s future is unknown.

It’s also been reported previously that Josh Alexander’s contract is expiring later in 2021, so the North may be separated for a while unless Alexander is one of the contracts that expires earlier than first thought.

The report points out that this is pretty important since IMPACT has tapings in January and probably March, so that’s the difference between having someone for four months of TV and not having them at all.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

AEW would be dumb as gently caress to not sign Taya unless WWE makes her an absolutely ludicrous offer

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Page and Alexander would be a good signing as The North. Or just Page solo doing the All Ego gimmick.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Royal Updog posted:

AEW would be dumb as gently caress to not sign Taya unless WWE makes her an absolutely ludicrous offer

WWE has her husband, so she might take a lower offer there if she wants to spend more time with him. Especially once touring starts up again.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

WWE has her husband, so she might take a lower offer there if she wants to spend more time with him. Especially once touring starts up again.

She’s on record she has been rejected by WWE before due to her “weight”.

However, yeah, I think she could end up there now. AEW is expected to make a play though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Kenny needs to collect the Reina de Reinas championship.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

How is Ethan Page in singles? I feel like it's been a while since I've seen a singles match of his but I have enjoyed The North and he seems like a genuinely good person. Maybe he can show up in AEW and run his mouth and make a bunch of enemies until his large friend shows up to bail him out.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he can be good when motivated

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

One of the local indies has flown out Ethan Page a couple times and he's always great.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Ethan Page gave me the finger in January.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i expect a fierce bidding war for "the draw" sami callihan

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Ethan Page gave me the finger in January.

He very much did not like when I told him I'd rather see Tessa (before we all found out how terrible she is)

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I don't know much about Impact's current roster but I can't imagine AEW benefitting much from signing any of them. Excluding some of the women. Of course at this point I think AEW should only be signing standout developmental workers/transcendent talents/women so maybe YMMV.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

If you don't know much about their roster, why assume that AEW couldn't benefit from any of them? Chris Bey is excellent. A Guns / Bucks match would be great. Rohit Raju is a strong junior heavyweight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i expect a fierce bidding war for "the draw" sami callihan

I am legitimately worried that Mox uses his AEW "hire a friend" chip and they make a play for him. I hope not.