Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You shouldn't have compassion for pieces of poo poo, and frankly any weapon comes useful in a pinch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

ROFLburger posted:

in that very post you quote i said it seemed strange that we are calling someone a fuckup and a loser for getting addicted to benzos.

You'd have to be a fuckup and a loser to get addicted to benzos, they're not even 10% as enjoyable as alcohol, they require a prescription, you can only get them refilled once a month, and they make you boring instead of fun. They're like booze for people who hate pleasure.

edit: uh, no offense intended to anybody who got addicted to benzos in the course of psychiatric treatment or other medical therapy (except jorp), I just mean they're terrible, horrible, and unfun as recreational drugs

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 14, 2020

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I never mentioned that benzo poo poo and as a trans person who decided not to transition he can suck my anal glands dry for all the dogshit he spews that just reinforce bigots in the most pussy rear end, faux-intellectual way.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Jorppy Peepee got addicted to benzos because he was trying to block out the shame he felt over that one time he correctly gendered a trans person.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

ROFLburger posted:

in that very post you quote i said it seemed strange that we are calling someone a fuckup and a loser for getting addicted to benzos.

and you consider that to be a cult-like behaviour?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
I keep thinking the Peterson defenders have learned to stay away and yet I come back to this thread a week later and more lol's are to be had.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
there's another example. labeling me as a 'peterson defender' after having called him a man full of bad ideas with a bad book not 30 minutes ago

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jordan Peterson just died

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

What a Peterson response too.

"I'm not advocating for __________. I'm just unnecessarily defending ________ from the rightful criticism of everyone here!"

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Grimdude posted:

What a Peterson response too.

"I'm not advocating for __________. I'm just unnecessarily defending ________ from the rightful criticism of everyone here!"

Except that's not at all what they're loving doing. They're raising a valid point and you're responding like an rear end in a top hat.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jordan Peterson just died and no one is saying anything?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Bronze Fonz posted:

Except that's not at all what they're loving doing. They're raising a valid point and you're responding like an rear end in a top hat.

Was the valid point calling this thread a cult because we're having a fun time making fun of a destructive, bigoted person who actively encourages harm to certain people?

Also what's the joke about him dying I've refreshed Google like 3 times I don't think he's dead lol

Lasca
May 8, 2007

he's a transphobic, misogynistic piece of poo poo who spread toxic hatred that puts people's lives in danger and was hospitalized due to his own hypocrisy.
the handwringing about the thread being mean to the guy and "cult-like behaviour" is transparent

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

My God the man is dead!!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bronze Fonz posted:

Here's a valid point *motions to my dilz*

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

My GOD Jordan what are you doing??

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

ROFLburger posted:

labeling me as a 'peterson defender' after having called him a man full of bad ideas with a bad book not 30 minutes ago

labeling the thread as a a cult of hate after a couple of posters make fun of him for benzos while most of the thread is making fun of him for being a dumb shithead

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Inept posted:

labeling the thread as a a cult of hate after a couple of posters make fun of him for benzos

Inept posted:

most of the thread is making fun of him for being a dumb shithead

can you see where i, someone not in any way personally invested in this thread but who also happens think peterson is a clown, could draw this conclusion? a thread where people are making fun of him for crying and becoming addicted benzos?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
though i guess if the sole point of the thread is to dunk on him then perhaps i am the dumbass

ROFLburger fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 14, 2020

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Jordan Peterson just died

You jackass.

You made me look this up. :argh:

Edit:

ROFLburger posted:

can you see where i, someone not in any way personally invested in this thread but who also happens think peterson is a clown, could draw this conclusion? a thread where people are making fun of him for crying and becoming addicted benzos?

Ok, so I don't know how you don't see the context here... someone getting addicted to, in this example, benzos, is terrible, yes. I think we all generally agree with that.

HOWEVER... if it's someone like Jorp who has gone on and on and on about the worthlessness and stupidity of addiction, basically stating "if you suffer from substance addiction, you're weak", and thrives by spouting these beliefs, if that person then becomes addicted? It's kind of a whole different ballgame there.

Like if his car exploded in his driveway, man, that'd be awful. If he claimed he was the world's best mechanic who had some sort of genius knowledge of cars and never, ever had a problem, and was all "c'mon now, what's wrong with you people? Fix your own drat car, because to rely on others for that makes you less of a person", then his car explosion is loving funny. Like in a karmic way.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 14, 2020

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

can you see where labeling the whole thread as a cult of hate for a few people posting bad is an overreaction that also sounds goofy

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ROFLburger posted:

though i guess if the sole point of the thread is to dunk on him

ding ding ding

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Inept posted:

most of the thread is making fun of him for being a dumb shithead

Inept posted:

can you see where labeling the whole thread as a cult of hate for a few people posting bad is an overreaction that also sounds goofy

no, i can't. it's quite literally a thread dedicated to hating a person

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

HOWEVER... if it's someone like Jorp who has gone on and on and on about the worthlessness and stupidity of addiction, basically stating "if you suffer from substance addiction, you're weak", and thrives by spouting these beliefs, if that person then becomes addicted? It's kind of a whole different ballgame there.

Like if his car exploded in his driveway, man, that'd be awful. If he claimed he was the world's best mechanic who had some sort of genius knowledge of cars and never, ever had a problem, and was all "c'mon now, what's wrong with you people? Fix your own drat car, because to rely on others for that makes you less of a person", then his car explosion is loving funny. Like in a karmic way.

as deserved as it may be it still strikes me as wrong and lovely to be celebrating/dunking on a person's benzo addiction.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
He sucks and his dick looks like yoshi from mario kart

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ROFLburger posted:

as deserved as it may be it still strikes me as wrong and lovely to be celebrating/dunking on a person's benzo addiction.

Context is important, but if that still doesn't work for you, well... this likely isn't the thread for you.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jordan Peterson died for REAL this time not making it up!!!

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Context is important, but if that still doesn't work for you, well... this likely isn't the thread for you.

textbook hate-cult leader behaviour right here imo

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

ROFLburger posted:

boy This Place sure is..... .

Someth ING AWFUL!! :classiclol:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Call Your Grandma posted:

textbook hate-cult leader behaviour right here imo

:jerry:

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

ROFLburger posted:

Check this out:

It isn’t very funny that Jordy has depression, but it’s extremely funny that he tried to cure his depression with an all-meat diet under the apparent logic that carnivorous animals are masculine, masculine animals don’t have depression, and that he can become such an animal by eating the same food.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Just quoting myself for posterity.

To be clear, this is a real book that you can purchase and, I assume, read.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Just quoting myself for posterity.

To be clear, this is a real book that you can purchase and, I assume, read.

Did the meat make him orange

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
gently caress yeah finally im in a hate-cult!

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

ROFLburger posted:

both these things are legitimately and utterly hilarious

1. making fun of jorp crying cause of sjw sending mean tweets is funny and appropriate given that jorp is the made his name by arguing that people need to develop thicker skin and being the poster boy for the modern anti-PC movement
2. making fun of jorp getting addicted to benzos is funny and appropriate given that jorp's specialty was apparently IN addiction, and it turns out he wasn't even aware of what would happen to him if he took benzos :lol:

hope this helps!

ROFLburger posted:

no, i can't. it's quite literally a thread dedicated to hating a person

starting to think you don't dislike this jordan peterson fellow nearly as much as you claimed...

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Did the meat make him orange

Trump only eats hamberders and fish delights and is orange so all the evidence points to this being the case

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Hitler was addicted to amphetamines guys! Can't you understand how much of a misunderstood victim he was?!? Why is everyone calling me a nazi for defending this poor addict :qq:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zombiepop posted:

gently caress yeah finally im in a hate-cult!

Wait, hate-cult? gently caress. I was hoping to get a new hat out of this cult.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Turning this hate club into a 'bate club one tug at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
The best part about this thread is multiple idiots being forced to realise GBS isn’t reddit and no onegives a poo poo about being in a ~cult of hate~ lmao