Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

had a similar thing, got one in my cart but it kept making me try different stores to pick it up from

the console page is back to "please wait" and not "coming soon" though so hopefully there's one more drop coming and I have a little bit of a head start since it's already in my cart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I popped up yellow "add to cart", now it just went to "please wait..."

E: This is what I'm reduced to. Staring at this Best Buy page with no indication that nothing will even happen, no idea what to do, or what I'm doing wrong lol.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 15, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Firstborn posted:

I popped up yellow "add to cart", now it just went to "please wait..."

It sold out instantly at three separate areas I tried

I didn't even want the thing it was for a friend because they literally refunded him after he bought it and gave it to someone else lol

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
It kept allowing me to select different locations for pickup, saying it would be available this weekend but when I'd select them it would say they're unavailable. Thought maybe they were still updating stock but looks like nope.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Colonel Whitey posted:

It kept allowing me to select different locations for pickup, saying it would be available this weekend but when I'd select them it would say they're unavailable. Thought maybe they were still updating stock but looks like nope.

Same. Now it's back to Coming Soon.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

This is somehow even worse than Walmart.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dantheman650 posted:

This is somehow even worse than Walmart.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1338922272845774849

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

you just had to say it

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Well gently caress I have to try. Good luck goons

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Spider Man Miles Morales - ultimate edition or regular? I haven't played the original and I'd be tempted to jump into the newer game first.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Firstborn posted:

Well gently caress I have to try. Good luck goons

Same. I am resigned to defeat but doggedly will persist.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cacator posted:

Spider Man Miles Morales - ultimate edition or regular? I haven't played the original and I'd be tempted to jump into the newer game first.

Unless you're sure you want to play the original first, buy regular. You can add on the first game Remaster later.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Cacator posted:

Absolutely only get the ultimate edition.

Nu-Spider-Man 2018 whips scrote.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Nu-Spider-Man 2018 whips scrote.

Uh... Is this a good thing? It sounds like a bad thing.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

depends if you're into that kinda thing I guess

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Weird question:

Has anyone done the following:

Bought a PS4 game on disc with a free PS5 upgrade
Did the free upgrade (so you have that digital version that requires the disc)
Later purchased the actual proper digital version

How does this look on your system? Does it cleanly replace the "disc" upgrade or do you wind up with two items you have to keep straight?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

jabro posted:

Mildly PS5 related but The Pathless dropped in Apple Arcade today. Looks pretty much the same as far as gameplay is concerned. I planned on putting CP2077 on the back burner until the next gen version dropped to play this over the weekend but now I’m like well I can play it for free.

Has anyone tried both versions? I still might buy it in PS5 just to support the developers.

All the aiming is auto on every platform. Lockon just grabs the closest target to the character, even off screen so controls shouldnt be a problem.
I played pc tho.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

univbee posted:

Weird question:

Has anyone done the following:

Bought a PS4 game on disc with a free PS5 upgrade
Did the free upgrade (so you have that digital version that requires the disc)
Later purchased the actual proper digital version

How does this look on your system? Does it cleanly replace the "disc" upgrade or do you wind up with two items you have to keep straight?

I haven't done this for PS5 so it doesn't really directly answer your question, but for what it's worth: I tried something similar a while back with Bloodborne on PS4. I originally had the disc version, then later redeemed the free PS+ digital version. However, anytime I tried to launch it, it'd ask for the disc. From what I remember, my system library only showed a single copy of Bloodborne, and it was somehow "stuck" on the original disc version rather than the newer digital version I had redeemed. After googling around a bit, I eventually found some forum post that explained how to fix it: I had to completely uninstall it from my system, then reinstall from the PS+ listing. After that it worked correctly as the digital version (not requiring the disc).

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
steady walmart goons

STEADY

E: They added "arrives after Dec 25" lol

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I really hope this right stick drifting in Cyberpunk 2077 is the game and not my controller. Because it's loving 2 weeks old, come on Sony.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
It's absolutely the game dude and it sucks

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
So what was that? 3 seconds?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Walmart sold out in literally one second

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Firstborn posted:

So what was that? 3 seconds?

I like how I can click add to card but get "This item was not added to your cart. This item has just gone out of stock."

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Firstborn posted:

It's absolutely the game dude and it sucks

No, people are reporting that their Dualsenses are drifting already. It might not be the game.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yeah I was staring at my phone with the walmart app (loving puke) and the monitor. Maybe 3 seconds later they were gone. Maybe sooner.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Holy gently caress I got one!!!!!

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

RatHat posted:

No, people are reporting that their Dualsenses are drifting already. It might not be the game.

I've spent over 3 hours in the character creator on PS4 Pro, and it will drift so far that it goes to different options. Like really far.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

dantheman650 posted:

I'm so happy for you my man.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

dantheman650 posted:

Lucky!!

They were instantly out of stock.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

They were instantly out of stock for me too. But, somehow, I had one in my "Saved for later" section of my cart from last time I tried. Just for shits and giggles, I clicked into my cart and there was a "Move into cart" section there, and I could immediately checkout. So I guess try keeping it in your cart if you ever get it in there.

Delivery date Jan 9 - not going to complain at all.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

looks like another batch went up (then immediately sold out of course)

also, each tine I refresh it pushes the delivery back one day lol.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

dantheman650 posted:

They were instantly out of stock for me too. But, somehow, I had one in my "Saved for later" section of my cart from last time I tried. Just for shits and giggles, I clicked into my cart and there was a "Move into cart" section there, and I could immediately checkout. So I guess try keeping it in your cart if you ever get it in there.

Delivery date Jan 9 - not going to complain at all.

That's what I did too and it worked. I still may troll the PS Direct queue to see if I can get one earlier, but what a relief.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
It looks like it’s momentarily out of stock again. So there may be another chance

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Now says they’ll be back at 3:20 ET

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

RatHat posted:

Not sure if I have actual drift yet but the left stick definitely feels looser than the right already.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

back in stock
now out of stock again
:thumbsup:

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Maybe they are only selling one at a time

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Wait guys... WAIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

lol trying to get one for my bud and I got to glance at the add to cart button. By the time I checked the not a robot thing I was outta luck