Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
the goddamn arthur song has been stuck in my head all day thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Better than Caillou.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

It looks like he just keeps bleaching his skin & getting plastic surgery.

Jasus Christ posted:

Better than Caillou.

He's just a kid who's four.

vvv edit:

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

i dont know what the caillou song sounds like

You lucky bitch.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 15, 2020

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Jasus Christ posted:

Better than Caillou.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

She’s just upset because she knows Arthur is perfect and there’s nothing she can make fun of on him except for his comically oversized penis. :shrug:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Body Dysmorphia is tragic :(

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Knormal posted:

Body Dysmorphia is tragic :(

is that what it's called when your nose slowly melts back in to your face? gently caress I love science.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Empty Sandwich posted:

a fitting punishment for this derail.

back on track:

Just found out who wrote this post...

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

What I thought would be a total non issue has ballooned into a huge problem and I'm up at 7:05 AM dealing with it. I figured while I wait for a text, I could post here to see if what I did was really that bad.

I'm a big fat rear end, there's no way around it. I love to eat which probably borders on addiction but I figure since I'm only hurting myself it's probably better to just live my life. I have some great friends although there is no doubt I'm the "harmless, funny token fat guy" of the otherwise pretty good looking group. I guess that sets the stage enough.

Last night my friend hosted UFC and I was invited. He got a 6 foot party sub. I also brought homemade wings that are sort of my specialty. Well of course people flocked to the food and I had basically one serving of the sandwich but people devoured my wings and I didn't get to have a single one. Which is totally fine that's why I brought them but maybe an hour later I was starving. I kept eyeing the sandwich and I'd say there was about 3 feet of it left. I waited an hour, then another half hour and no one had touched it (but they were still munching on chips, pretzels and what not). So I was like screw it...I took about half of what was left and ate it. Then the last half sat for another 10-15 minutes and no one said anything so ate the rest.

Well to be sure as I was swallowing the last bite the host's girlfriend asked where the sandwich was. Like I was the guilty party pretty much everyone pointed at me. I guess they'd noticed me eating the sandwich. She was furious and said that I was an incredible pig and that I had been super selfish to eat 3 feet of a sandwich. I felt so bad I tried to explain to her that I really did wait over an hour and thought people had lost interest. I also tried to explain how everyone had ate my wings and she said something along the lines of "you brought them to share Alan, if someone had eaten over half by themselves that's not loving sharing is it?"

I offered to order pizza or even go get subways and she said that it was a pathetic offer because the party sub had been from a local shop owned by her friends. I said I was sorry but the night was so tense from then on out.

I woke up this morning to several texts from my twin sisters (the host's girlfriend's best friends) saying that I had to get my poo poo under control and that everyone is really mad at me and that I embarrassed myself last night. I tried to explain to them what my mindset had been and they haven't responded.

Was I the rear end in a top hat for eating that much of the sandwich last night?

Edit: I guess I’ve been banned from responding but my inbox has 1200 notification so I can’t find out why.

To answer what seems to be the most common misconception, this wasn’t a subway party sub so definitely not 4x the size of a regular sub. This is a local place so it’s about 1.5 times the width of a regular sub. Its still a ton of food don’t get me wrong but I can down 5 subway footlongs in an afternoon easily; this is probably about equivalent to that, not 12 like some people are saying.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I can down 5 subway footlongs in an afternoon easily

That is disgusting. Sure, just shove 3-5 feet of sandwich down my gullet. Why wouldn't I?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

YeahTubaMike posted:

It looks like he just keeps bleaching his skin & getting plastic surgery.

it seems to be a straight-up MJ. :(

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Franklin better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqyE-lWqCE

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Going to Italy to enlighten them on making Pizza the Dominos way.

please, no, we don't need to start a war with Italy right now

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Franklin and Arthur are both weaklings.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

YeahTubaMike posted:

He's just a kid who's four.

I always assumed he was a mentally handicapped eight year old with alopecia. No, I've never seen the show, that's just what he looks like to me. Maybe with some dwarfism thrown into the mix, too. Like a little, stupid Verne Troyer.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Arthur prob liked George W. Bush and poo poo.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
a terrifying anthropomorphic Colin Powell walrus standing too close to Arthur's parents explaining how we must invade Iraq

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Like a little, stupid Verne Troyer.

More malevolent than stupid, but yeah.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the bad timeline is caillou

the good timeline is Charlie brown

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
John Ashcroft explaining why certain statues are inappropriate but he’s a marmot-man

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Empty Sandwich posted:

the bad timeline is caillou

the good timeline is Charlie brown

Charlie Brown lives a miserable ennui filled experience. Hes funny but hes not living a goofnlife

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Charlie Brown lives a miserable ennui filled experience. Hes funny but hes not living a goofnlife

We are all living the goonlife

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Dick Cheney shoots his friend in the face. They're both goats.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHp8AEDz6Os

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
https://youtu.be/PcZ2TCyCJKc

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

I was always baffled and slightly horrified by “hamburger helper” until I realised americans call mince ‘hamburger’ and weren’t actually making burgers with macaroni in

Look into your heart and ask yourself if you really believe this. Or simply click this link.
https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=b...biw=962&bih=601

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
why does the arthur show have not connecting lines in the animation?

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

buglord posted:

why does the arthur show have not connecting lines in the animation?

Art-hur

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Arthur prob liked George W. Bush and poo poo.

Did he meet Bush Sr. or Clinton when D.W. got lost in the white house?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
arthur and buster making doom wads of their school and getting their friend binky to buy a hi-point carbine at a gun show

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Why did they never do a "Buster Rhymes" joke?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Who What Now posted:

Why did they never do a "Buster Rhymes" joke?

Buster is currently feuding with him.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

R.L. Stine posted:

arthur and buster making doom wads of their school and getting their friend binky to buy a hi-point carbine at a gun show

I was in grade 11 when Columbine went down and I wasn't the only one who thought "Well that's one of the worst things that could happen and it probably can't get much worse in the modern North American world than that."

...ha, ha, ha. :(

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Bumping because that Caillou thing some of you posted about is getting axed and it seems those who must be exposed to little kid shows are ecstatic about it. So maybe that goes for you, too?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Canada's worst export, finally dead

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Caillou died in agony

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Empty Sandwich posted:

edit: this is far from the only scene in Richard Scarry where a pig is butchering and/or eating pork

Which pigs do they turn into ham?
the ones with stars on them apparently.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
dumbass pigs didn't learn from the sneetches i guess

GAYIDS
May 3, 2020

by Pragmatica
The bald kid was all hosed up with cancer it is kinda sad he died

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

GAYIDS posted:

The bald kid was all hosed up with cancer it is kinda sad he died

His wretched body finally succumbed after months of torment. His parents forget to show up on his final day and the nurses couldn't be bothered to check on him for thirty minutes after he flatlined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
drat, I always thought people joked about hating Caillou because "lol let's pretend we hate the innocent kids cartoon" but it turns out Caillou really is a little rear end in a top hat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7SrtZOizCs

e:

https://twitter.com/KoloradoDutch89/status/1346815540866629638?s=20

SweetMercifulCrap! fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jan 8, 2021