Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

MarcusSA posted:

It doesn’t work on this particular part and it’s not consistent if it actually hits you or not.

I came back just to check. To be fair, the water may not even look like it's there depending on the in-game time of day or one's graphical settings, but for a challenge like this, it should be clear.

sushibandit posted:

Delivery 3 today is incredibly easy. Just hit the southern teleport, run as far west as you can, drop down, use kaeya or geo mc or zhong to jump across two narrow waterways (there are logs to help you), and you're there with tons of time to spare. Think I had over a minute left.

The route I took is not towards the left there. I made ice bridge closer to the circular structure rather than through the land island. Probably the slower route despite being the shorter route due to the delivery restrictions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Flair posted:

I came back just to check. To be fair, the water may not even look like it's there depending on the in-game time of day or one's graphical settings, but for a challenge like this, it should be clear.

The route I took is not towards the left there. I made ice bridge closer to the circular structure rather than through the land island. Probably the slower route despite being the shorter route due to the delivery restrictions.

Yeah that works but FWIW it doesn’t hit all the water there and you can still get hit.

It doesn’t happen every time but it happened a few times when I tested it.

:shrug:

Not the end of the world just a fitting end to a sometimes frustrating event lol

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Yeah, I found EVERY invisible water puddle there, plus a couple of phantom effects and standing on ice wet effects. Finished it with 40 seconds left, but after 20+ failed attempts I wanted to throw the NPC in the pond (IS YOUR SOUP WATERY NOW? HUH?). I had fun with this event, but that last one was just so much BS.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Ah yes I see I am not alone in this fuckery

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Poor Geo MC is so overlooked nobody tried using their rock to jump over the water.

Including me, I used Zhongli :smug:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I ran up the inside of the ruins past the axe guy and ramped off the root to land past the Heisenberg Uncertainty Puddle, because I'm a badass.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I was cursed on the normal person route on that one and my characters would start catching on fire while running up the stairs, I had to go around the side and shimmy down the wall to take no damage to get through it because of the random invisible fire on the stairs. Never got caught by the invisible water, though.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got tricked by the puddle once. On my third run (one failed routing) I ran through some water twice (made splashing noises and all), but it was apparently so little it didn't apply wet. Butt-clenching!

Also re: all the Zhongli and Albedo discussion: I am just glad I can avoid rolling them and save up for Ganyu. Might fill up some pity on Albedo banner if there's at least one more interesting 4* alongside Sucrose , who I suppose is a given and I still need 4 of her constellations.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Artifact farming is so weird. I'm trying to get more crimson witch and have run Zhou so many times and only get 5* of the heart and hourglass. Do the other pieces just not drop at 5* or do I have weird luck to have a dozen awful hearts (and a couple good ones)?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
It's strange that we don't really know what the 4*s are for the Albedo banner yet. I feel like we knew all the other upcoming ones at least a week or two in advance, and meanwhile we're a few days from v1.2 and still don't know beyond guessing "idk, Bennett and Sucrose?"

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Finally, I completed all the awful delivery quests. These 420 primogems better be worth it.

*Rolls 3 debate clubs*

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Artifact farming is so weird. I'm trying to get more crimson witch and have run Zhou so many times and only get 5* of the heart and hourglass. Do the other pieces just not drop at 5* or do I have weird luck to have a dozen awful hearts (and a couple good ones)?

"luck"

i've hit runs where i was only getting a few pieces of a given set like that, as well as others with basically nothing of one set in favor of another. with cups you probably notice bad stats more because they have a wider pool of mainstats to roll but otherwise there's not supposed to be and secret weight to certain outcomes

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Squiddycat posted:

where the gently caress is Ganyu

I'm starting to tire of all the anime twinks

We already have a beautiful archer waifu.

Her name is Venti :colbert:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Framboise posted:

It's strange that we don't really know what the 4*s are for the Albedo banner yet. I feel like we knew all the other upcoming ones at least a week or two in advance, and meanwhile we're a few days from v1.2 and still don't know beyond guessing "idk, Bennett and Sucrose?"

Barbara, in case there's still people who haven't C6'd her

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Framboise posted:

All the past stuff came from leaks (including heavily datamined ones), which Mihoyo stepped on hard. I have to say I am kinda sympathetic to that, to me that stuff has nothing to do in metagaming and is just rude to developers.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Since the new domain is the ice mountain, presumably we'd be able to give the MC the cryo element. A bit odd that we've heard nothing about it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Since the new domain is the ice mountain, presumably we'd be able to give the MC the cryo element. A bit odd that we've heard nothing about it.

It isn't associated with an archon specifically, which is how we attune to the different elements through their statues.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

MC won't get cryo until we get the actual Snezhya (sp?) region. The 1.2 zone is just a new area in Liyue or Monstadt afaik.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

sushibandit posted:

MC won't get cryo until we get the actual Snezhya (sp?) region. The 1.2 zone is just a new area in Liyue or Monstadt afaik.

yeah and Fantasy Russia was the second-to-last act to be released in the roadmap they showed
La Signora aka the Cryo Archon is probably gonna shape up to be the big bad as the story progresses

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

All the past stuff came from leaks (including heavily datamined ones), which Mihoyo stepped on hard. I have to say I am kinda sympathetic to that, to me that stuff has nothing to do in metagaming and is just rude to developers.

except there is no game there its just gatcha manipulation.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Tae posted:

It turns out a lot problems in genshin would be solved if Lisa was the ice user and kaeya was the lightning, cause like half the complaints are just refusal to use kaeya because he's a jackass

*slow claps at u*

kater
Nov 16, 2010

well okay thank you for the cup tarty.

lol this is the first good full set i've put together since hitting 45 and it isnt even from domains. also dang that timepiece sucks.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
excellent picture of klee

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Framboise posted:

Sucrose was on the Klee banner which wasn't like super recent but I still think it'd be odd to repeat her so soon.

But honestly I really don't care about who the 5* characters I'll probably never get are, I just want those juicy 4 stars.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
if bennett is gonna be on albedo's banner i'll be sad (i dont want albedo), but at the same time I doubt he's gonna be on ganyu's banner since we're supposed to have another new 4* pyro alongside ganyu, so it wouldn't make sense to have 2 4* pyros on the same banner. He'll most likely be on Albedo's if we're being honest, and Bennett C1 is super nice to have.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
8/10 first try with the trivia questions (I missed the Dandy question and the elemental resonance question)!

It's kind of silly that you can keep answering questions until you get them right, but also I get it.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

yeah, and the problem with leaks is that you get fake ones that either say something super generous that would never happen, and people get hyped up for something that isn't going to happen and then lash out at the devs when its revealed to be fake, instead of the leaker. Or you get leaks that say something super negative, like a nerf to something, and everyone dogpiles mihoyo until they find out its fake, and there's always the people who never actually hear the debunk and keep thinking its real.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kater posted:

except there is no game there its just gatcha manipulation.

It's frikkin' 4*s, they will come around pretty often, especially in the start where the pool is still kinda small.

If a character is on the banner and I want them enough, I'll pull. If not, I won't and will save. There, done. All this "I'll pull only if the moon is right and the wind is from north and the next 5* doesn't have flappy asscheeks" is just brain worms.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Clarste posted:

Sucrose was on the Klee banner which wasn't like super recent but I still think it'd be odd to repeat her so soon.

But honestly I really don't care about who the 5* characters I'll probably never get are, I just want those juicy 4 stars.

Amusingly it's easier to get a good chance at the 5* ones than 4* reliably.The way the pity works means you have a 50/50 chance to get the banner 5* on pity, and you get enough pulls to get a 5* every couple months. You can't give a try to *every* banner 5*, but it's not too hard to go "I'll stop pulling now so that my pity activates on a 5* banner I like".

OTOH, I pulled a lot for Diona and Chongyun, and got neither :(

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You pull 5*s at soft pity more often than not (~63% of the time). So most of what you're doing on a banner is pulling 4*s until you hit 75 pulls, then you can time your soft pity. I dont think you need "brain worms" to pay attention to who's on rate up for those 75 pulls given that the rate up 4*s will make up more than half of what you pull.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 18, 2020

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
If you are planning to play this game long-term (that is, you see yourself still being here in a year), then you should focus on which 5*s you want. You will get the 4*s (all of them), whether you go for them or not.

People bemoan the gacha rate in this game, but having done the math, I understand why now. Genshin has much fewer characters than other gacha games (probably because making a new character in Genshin is so much more work). People are already going to get every 4* eventually, even F2P. Eventually the five stars will be the only thing driving people to spend, all of the scarcity long-tem will be in the 5* characters and weapons.

Ashenai fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Dec 18, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If your goal is just to have all the 4*s at c0 some day sure you dont have to stress out.

But if I didnt have Diona now I would have had a bad time on floor 12. You can focus on both 5*s and 4*s by timing your pity (though things can go awry a third of the time, so be aware that that's the cost)

If Albedo has a good banner I'm pulling there until 75, then I can hit pity immediately on Ganyu's banner. Even if I miss Ganyu the first time I'm not stuck throwing 150 rolls at a banner that I might not want anything on just to get a 5* I want. I'd much rather have constellations on characters I like than ones I'll never use.

This game is unusual because the pull odds are so low compared to the pity rate AND the pity counter carries over. I dont do this with any other game.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Dec 18, 2020

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
You can absolutely miss a lot of 4*s even if you go hard for them. My experience with childe banner for example was 5 ningguang, 1 childe, 1 mona, 3 barbaras and some weapons. I also managed to miss both sucrose and klee after 120 pulls.

At least I have a 11 copies of barbara that can warm the bench forever.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sure. Rolling for one 4* gets painful very easily. Rolling for two you have to lowroll quite hard. And I hope to never roll hard on a banner where I own one of the rate ups c6.

Hitting 3 barbaras on childe banner when you owned her c6 is horrible luck, my condolences. That's actually insane and there's nothing you could do to avoid it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I would also add that getting dupes of the characters you use seems to matter a lot more in this game compared to other gachas, since it adds completely new functionality to their skills as opposed to just marginal stat gains. So getting tons of copies of your favorites is more important than collecting every character imo.

And the only way to even remotely control that is to pull like a madman on their 4* banners.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Dec 18, 2020

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The 4* will eventually be available to pick up with shop currency. I'm only missing Ninguang for my 4*s and aside from the monthly 5 bucks and the battle pass I haven't put any real money into the character banners.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Lol I’m not stressing or thinking about anything but not letting people know what’s up next is just attenpibtg to make you feel ways about the soon to be gone banner.

Also I’m not a fan oflpngtmem if I wanted to.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Ashenai posted:

8/10 first try with the trivia questions (I missed the Dandy question and the elemental resonance question)!

It's kind of silly that you can keep answering questions until you get them right, but also I get it.

Wait what's this?

Also yeah, I learned pretty early on that I ain't spending money on this game outside of Welkin Moon and Battle Pass. Whaling in this game is utterly pointless; you're throwing so much money into pulls that are intentionally worthless to the point where it's just not worth spending money on genesis crystals. Not very often that a gacha actively repels me from wanting to spend money on it, but here we are and at this point I ain't complaining (as much).

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Framboise posted:

Wait what's this?

New event, should be available from your Notices, unless it's not available in the US yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
I think that the bad compensation for rolling c7 is going to become an issue. They should really remove c6s from the pool of possible rolls.