Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

jivjov posted:

I wish they'd tone down filling every single moment with dialog in Power Rangers. Though that seems to be universal to kids programming these days...some market research somewhere decided that kids lose interest if words aren't happening or something.

You know what's weird is cartoons have gotten quieter than they were in the 90s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

JT Smiley posted:

I'm glad they've toned down the excessive wire-fu, slow mo, and explosions of the Disney era. It was cool at first but they just went nuts with it to the point that a lot of fights became slogs.

The slow mo is a big reason I absolutely couldn't get into Jungle Fury in my recent attempt to watch. It's not systemically bad like Overdrive, but man I couldn't get through like 5 episodes before tapping out.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I don't really keep up with Sentai news, what the gently caress is this and why is this beautiful Akarenger/Big One/AkaRed filling me with so much glee?

https://twitter.com/itbegordo/status/1339985471003373568?s=20

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Sockser posted:

I don't really keep up with Sentai news, what the gently caress is this and why is this beautiful Akarenger/Big One/AkaRed filling me with so much glee?

https://twitter.com/itbegordo/status/1339985471003373568?s=20
According to rumors, the next season of Sentai is going to be a big anniversary/nostalgia season. Red being Daizyuzin is pretty funny, but personally, I'm loving that the Pink is just... blatantly MagiFairy.

Edit: With MagiKing's head, no less. Nice.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

What is yellow? Gaoking? And blue is DaiBouken?

What the hell is this show gonna be, y'all

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

What the hell is this show gonna be, y'all
Amazing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I know the blue ranger is supposed to be Carranger/Turbo's zord but I can't stop thinking it's Optimus Prime.

PMush Perfect posted:

According to rumors, the next season of Sentai is going to be a big anniversary/nostalgia season.

It's the 45th season so expect shenanigans and Captain Marvelous styling on fools again.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
This looks like a hard pass for me.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Funky Valentine posted:

Captain Marvelous

It's been ten years, he better be at least Commodore Marvelous by now. Dude saved the world, give him an OBE, too.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

It's been ten years, he better be at least Commodore Marvelous by now. Dude saved the world, give him an OBE, too.

Marvelous is a Pirate. No Ranks. No Masters.

Funky Valentine posted:

I know the blue ranger is supposed to be Carranger/Turbo's zord but I can't stop thinking it's Optimus Prime.

It's the 45th season so expect shenanigans and Captain Marvelous styling on fools again.

It's meant to be the mecha from Boukenger/Overdrive

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah Boukenger is real popular.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Takuan posted:

I got to the debut arc of the Kiba Ranger in Dairanger. He sucks and I hate him. Though it has been kind of funny seeing the footage of the White Ranger suit acting childish. The concept of a kid as a ranger is one of the things that killed my interest in Power Rangers as a kid. That and I thought the car zords were lame.

I've said it before, but not making Skull the White Ranger was a huge missed opportunity.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

I've said it before, but not making Skull the White Ranger was a huge missed opportunity.

Skull should have been a Ranger in general honestly.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

"Thank you, Power Rangers"?!

*gapes in disgust*

Wh...n-no! Bulk and Skull!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Blocky more geometric costumes, zords, and monsters just don't look cool imo. Kids want to watch something that looks cool. Even really little ones.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Blocky more geometric costumes, zords, and monsters just don't look cool imo. Kids want to watch something that looks cool. Even really little ones.
They look big and powerful, and that does matter to kids.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Shogun Megazord. :colbert:

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Oh, those are the new Rangers? Huh, I'm at least interested.

As an aside, what's the current season? I haven't seen anything since my hard drive failed in the first third of Kyuranger.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Agent Rush posted:

As an aside, what's the current season? I haven't seen anything since my hard drive failed in the first third of Kyuranger.

Kiramager.
Cars/vehicles + IMAGINATION/gems.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 18, 2020

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Agent Rush posted:

Adding to what Zedd said, it's the best written season in goddamn ages and has had basically no bad episodes or characters so far. Kiramager is absolutely recommended.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

I wonder if the rumors of Hasbro branching off and doing their own thing are true cause there's no way these things are coming to America.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Larryb posted:

Skull should have been a Ranger in general honestly.

A while ago I was fiddling with an idea of a What If where Saban doesn't try to keep using the MMPR stuff past Season 1(and a trunacated Season 2 that only uses Zyu2 footage but doesn't use Dairanger footage), in this scenario Dairanger gets skipped over entirely, so we jump right to a more straight adaptation of Kakuranger, now that season starts with the red of that season(and another, I forget if it was Blue or Yellow) as a slacker/delinquent type who plays a critical role in the monsters of that season getting released, and him and the other one are basically comedic relief for the first couple episodes as they learn how to do the whole Ninja thing

To me this immediately felt like the perfect way to do Bulk and Skull as Rangers

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Power Rangers: RoboForce!

Power Rangers - Zord Masters!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Agent Rush posted:

Wait, are these the new Rangers? My first interpretation was that these would be the new Zords...

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

serefin99 posted:

Wait, are these the new Rangers? My first interpretation was that these would be the new Zords...

Nope, it seems like the majority of the new team aside from the guy in the center are robots.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

serefin99 posted:

They're both from the looks of things

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Im interested, very off the wall, buuuut lupinranger was also that so ill be cautious

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bulk good back to Earth from Mirinoi, in cryosleep to make the journey. By the time he gets there it's 1000 years later. He joins time force and operates the punch zord through time gate Megazord. He accidentally goes back in time and never speaks of it

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Thanks! Yeah, I'd heard mostly bad things about Lupinger so it's cool to hear Kiramager's pretty good!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Agent Rush posted:

Thanks! Yeah, I'd heard mostly bad things about Lupinger so it's cool to hear Kiramager's pretty good!

There was also Ryusoulger in between (which will be adapted next year as Power Rangers Dino Fury) which was mediocre at best.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Larryb posted:

There was also Ryusoulger in between (which will be adapted next year as Power Rangers Dino Fury) which was mediocre at best.
I'm reasonably hopeful? Dino Charge was pretty good.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm reasonably hopeful? Dino Charge was pretty good.

Hopefully we'll at least get some good toys out of it

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Agent Rush posted:

Lupinranger was fine. The toys looked like junk, and they mishandled a bunch of elements, but it was at least interesting enough that I watched it unlike Ryusolger which lost me like four episodes in by steadfastly refusing to be entertaining.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hopefully the Power Rangers version will be a little better in that regard (Ninja Steel was a little better than Ninninger to be fair but still had a lot of problems of its own).

Also Beast Morphers is officially over in the US now, it was flawed but decent enough in some aspects. Also since Beast Morphers began life as a Saban project that means that Dino Fury will be the first 100% Hasbro season.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Dec 19, 2020

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Larryb posted:

Hopefully the Power Rangers version will be a little better in that regard (Ninja Steel was a little better than Ninninger to be fair but still had a lot of problems of its own).

Also Beast Morphers is officially over in the US now, it was flawed but decent enough in some aspects. Also since Beast Morphers began life as a Saban project that means that Dino Fury will be the first 100% Hasbro season.

Oh, maybe I can finally watch it all now. I could never catch it on tv, and nick's app is a huge pain to use. Have they been put up on netflix yet?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Agent Rush posted:

Oh, maybe I can finally watch it all now. I could never catch it on tv, and nick's app is a huge pain to use. Have they been put up on netflix yet?

All of the first season is up there but so far it looks like they’ve only got 9 episodes of the second.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Larryb posted:

All of the first season is up there but so far it looks like they’ve only got 9 episodes of the second.

By the time you got through them all they'd probably be up, assuming you only watch a few a week

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Rewatching SPD and it's criminal how the girls only get one focus episode each. I'm on episode 24 and they've both just fallen to the background. It's also really weird how Jack and Z are best friends who grew up on the streets together but that doesn't come into play at all after the first couple episodes.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
SPD pink was gorgeous :swoon:

But I always thought the whole "You, criminal boy! You're perfect leader for our militarized peacekeepers. Step aside Career-Stick-Up-Your-rear end guy, you're 2nd in command!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

Hopefully we'll at least get some good toys out of it

The toy idea they had for it was probably the best in a while, but it's just a shame they never really explored it too deeply (though it's understandable given costume constraints). I need to find that Japanese video where a guy takes all of the mecha parts for the toys and turns them into a monstrous behemoth centaur mecha.