Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

The_Franz posted:

with the extra $600 in unemployment from march to august, you basically had everyone making the equivalent of $20 an hour or more

of course, can't have that because :qq: "i can't afford to pay my employees that" :qq:*

*while still making the payments on our mcmansion and his&her 7 series

It was good for the stocks too, it isn't as though there's a trade-off here outside of hating the poor.

Also, I didn't realize that the us had 0 offshore wind?
https://gcaptain.com/gao-reports-on-challenges-of-building-jones-act-compliant-offshore-wind-vessels/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
“straight pride”. lmao

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

some guy tried to pick a fight with me at a gas station because he wanted to jump the line at the air machine and I took my turn anyway, what the gently caress is wrong with people

he got out of his car and shrieked at me without a mask on so I get to worry about whether this shithead got me sick for the next week

Lots of brain poisoning in this country

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

how much Steelers apparel was he wearing

Apr 7, 2003

None, he was a 40-something guy in a puffer coat driving a Subaru sedan

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the roads are a lot more dangerous than they were before covid. everyone is MAD AS HELL and driving extra poorly.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

never trust someone that drives a Subaru sedan

...not that I’d decline a wrx so long as it doesn’t have a wing

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

When did you move to Seattle?

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

the roads are a lot more dangerous than they were before covid. everyone is MAD AS HELL and driving extra poorly.

Yeah, I don't understand why everyone is constantly pissed off all the time, the person behind me let him push in line so he "lost" ~4 minutes compared to the 10 he'd have been waiting in line had he been polite.

I think there are just a lot of losers out there who need to score tiny little petty wins in life to feel better. It's so tiring.

Apr 7, 2003

tk posted:

When did you move to Seattle?

Why do people drive Subarus in Seattle? It doesn't snow there

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Everybody drives Subaru Outbacks so they can use them to carry their kayaks once.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bump_fn posted:

felix biederman once mentioned a great idea his dad had, which was - after being president for your full term or terms, you are summarily executed. see who _really_wants the job

ive had this idea before. i think it would be an improvement over our current system

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

they like to pretend they’ll be heading up into the mountains

and it does occasionally snow in Seattle and every car on the road crashes somehow

Apr 7, 2003

tk posted:

Everybody drives Subaru Outbacks so they can use them to carry their kayaks once.

Hmm, good point, the Outback does come with a nice integrated roof rack I haven't used once in 6 years.

Apr 7, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

they like to pretend they’ll be heading up into the mountains

and it does occasionally snow in Seattle and every car on the road crashes somehow

You all missed up on a rad 66 car pile-up just north of here on Wednesday

https://twitter.com/PSPTroopFPIO/status/1339633419798654976

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Lesbians.

Apr 7, 2003

We had some nice snow pile-up on Wednesday, this was half of what eventually ended up on the ground and that pine tree didn't like it much

A bunch of snow was piled up in front of my car from the plows this morning and I just drove over it. Thanks, Subaru!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

We had some nice snow pile-up on Wednesday, this was half of what eventually ended up on the ground and that pine tree didn't like it much

A bunch of snow was piled up in front of my car from the plows this morning and I just drove over it. Thanks, Subaru!

your welcome

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
one of the problems with trees like that is that power company crews knock off half the branches on the road side and homeowners remove all the branches at the bottom, then the tree is unable to adequately distribute the load of the snow and it makes it more likely to get broken branches, snapped trunks, etc

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

did you get in a fight with a mirror?

Apr 7, 2003

infernal machines posted:

did you get in a fight with a mirror?

I wear a Lands End Car Coat

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
that looks like a nice coat

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
once i found a wool london fog overcoat at goodwill. fits like a glove. still have it 13 years later.

Apr 7, 2003

that looks like a nice coat

It’s warm as hell, it was 30 F out and I had to take the coat off in the car

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Casual Encountess posted:

somebody once described boston as "the only place where a straight white male will hatecrime another straight white male"

lol somebody never heard of europe huh

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I’ve only been to boston twice and I saw more bar fights in that time than I’ve seen in 20 years in sf

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
its hard to get into bar fights when you keep slipping on piles of human feces

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the fun part is, this is all here on video, seen world wide, the officer is plainly recognizable.

and they ain't gonna do poo poo about it.

good news!!

that'll show 'im

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

good news!!

that'll show 'im

eh. people get mad about that poo poo, but that's how it works when you have a proper union.

if the police service can't or won't get their poo poo together to get him out, that's their own fault, but having a CBA that says you can't be summarily fired is generally a good thing

we get the same thing up here all the time and the press makes a big deal about officers having been on admin leave for years, and all it shows is that the police service doesn't give a gently caress about actually enforcing code of conduct stuff

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Dec 19, 2020

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

well yeah this is a perfectly fine first step when something like this happens.

problem is that it's also the last step, and this is the last article that will be written about it, so i think i'm justified in being angry

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

well yeah this is a perfectly fine first step when something like this happens.

problem is that it's also the last step, and this is the last article that will be written about it, so i think i'm justified in being angry

oh yeah, i agree completely and it pisses me off to no end when egregious offences and repeat offenders get to ride a desk for a few months before quietly going back to work with no more than maybe being docked some vacation time.

i'm just quick to point out that the union part specifically isn't the problem

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
everyone thinks unions are all just mobster thugs which is funny cause cop unions literally are

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If someone runs over people with a car the first step is to arrest them.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Salt Fish posted:

no first you have to spend 3 months pretending to decide if it was either accidental or if they genuinely feared for their safety before sweeping it under a rug

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Salt Fish posted:

for damaging that poor driver’s perfectly good car

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

that's not even true for people who aren't the police

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hey so we all know joe's presidency is gonna suck rear end but look on the bright side: he won't have his idiot high school dropout children rewriting scientific guidelines as they see fit

e: oh never mind i guess she actually has a university degree from the same school where her dad bought his

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

never gently caress with another man’s car! :freep:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

bump_fn posted:

everyone thinks unions are all just mobster thugs which is funny cause cop unions literally are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AWKWORDrap/status/1340066101741432839