Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I’m just tired man. we were so close. just loving sucks. boomers visiting poo poo Avalon cafes and the toilet that is Avalon bowlo have hosed up the entire city.

of course, really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

chaosbreather posted:

health hazzard

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Journos in NSW covid question time asking the hard questions:

"Is it possible you can't find the case source for the Avalon super spreader because they are the case source, possibly because they are returned travellers from the US and were exempted from mandatory quarantine" or something to that effect

Cue health Hazzard bumbling and spluttering in annoyance because clearly he'd been caught out lmao

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

he's literally "Minister of Health Hazzard"

they're straight up taking the piss

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Why were cunts from the U.S of all places allowed to skip quarantine? That's fucken munted.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Do you want to take a guess?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

called it that they were VIPs lol

tho 15 cases isn’t too bad. Maybe it will all be ok. Idk.

Two idiots got fined at manly. Came from padstow and Bankstown separately. $1k fine, get loving rekt.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

well why not posted:

tho 15 cases isn’t too bad. Maybe it will all be ok. Idk.

We're at 83 known cases and gently caress knows how many unknown ones because businesses weren't keeping the required records.

If we went hard now we could probably still contain it but the will to go hard seems to be lacking.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

ili posted:

Why were cunts from the U.S of all places allowed to skip quarantine? That's fucken munted.

I'm still unclear how the g### coast has avoided a major outbreak given there are a couple of really high profile studio jobs being shot there this year with some big name seppo actors flying in and out on exemptions.

Presumably the industry has taken the absolute free reign they have a bit seriously wrt testing and procedures and stuff but also the grunts in the field are all the worst kind of natural health fuckwits taking no precautions in their day to day lives

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Dec 21, 2020

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I'm still unclear how the g### coast has avoided a major outbreak given there are a couple of really high profile studio jobs being shot there this year with some big name seppo actors flying in and out on exemptions

I guess those might work similar to the NRL where people were in their own little isolation bubble before travelling and aren't allowed to be interacting with the general public? But I'm just not cynical or morbidly depressed enough to understand how airport security, presumably the remit of the federal government, has the policy of allowing cunts from a covid hotbed to just wander off into the community without quarantine.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Apparently James Cameron has basically a COVID bubble city running in NZ to make Avatar 2.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's always some oval office that breaks quarantine, and they never throw the book at them.

If you break quarantine and cause an outbreak you should be thrown in jail/fined heavily.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Infinitum posted:

It's always some oval office that breaks quarantine, and they never throw the book at them.

If you break quarantine and cause an outbreak you should be thrown in jail/fined heavily.

I get this mindset but you actually want people to come forward.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah adding a punishment just means people will be bigger sneaks. Why get tested if it’ll cost you cash or freedom? Better just wait and lay low a few weeks. Maybe go a few cafes and a massage.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
where's this info that some seppo oval office didn't have to quarantine?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

~Coxy posted:

Like.. I know.. but how the hell do we stop people doing stupid poo poo and setting us back months every time.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Lolie posted:

We're at 83 known cases and gently caress knows how many unknown ones because businesses weren't keeping the required records.

If we went hard now we could probably still contain it but the will to go hard seems to be lacking.

Where are you reading that in this instance businesses have been failing with keeping records? From everything I've seen the Northern Beaches is taking this quite seriously and they've been able to get on top of contract tracing pretty quickly.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

~Coxy posted:

It's also relevant that rich cunts that get away with this still get away with it when it's criminalised to act like a fuckwits because lawyers are a thing and they're fuckin expensive

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Infinitum posted:

Like.. I know.. but how the hell do we stop people doing stupid poo poo and setting us back months every time.

Execute everyone who walks slowly in public or doesn't keep to the left. Everyone who remains won't do stupid poo poo and will be respectful of the rules. Guarantee it, it's the one common denominator that separates poo poo people from decent people.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Thank gently caress I only took a few days AL to stretch xmas and NY together. wouldve been a total waste to use any more and make plans.

at least now I can get stuck into some car servicing at my parents place which has a pool next to the shed.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I think I speak for everyone in saying that everyone who inconveniences me should be shot out of a canon.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Fists Up posted:

Where are you reading that in this instance businesses have been failing with keeping records? From everything I've seen the Northern Beaches is taking this quite seriously and they've been able to get on top of contract tracing pretty quickly.

quote:

Among the latest venues to be visited by a confirmed case is the Salon for Hair in Turramurra on Sydney's north shore. The business has been linked to five infections.

Anyone who attended the salon between December 15 and 18 needs to be tested and self-isolate for 14 days.

"We believe we have contacted the vast majority of people, but some people had incorrect or eligible contact details," she said.

"Please prompt your friends and relatives to check whether they attended on those days, follow the advice and get tested immediately and self-isolate if you're one or two people who we haven't managed to track down."

quote:

Health Minister Brad Hazzard said contact-tracing efforts had been hampered by people who had lied when checking in to venues.

"What we are finding is that some of the visitors to various venues still think that it is funny to be caught putting in there that you're Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse or a false phone number. That must stop," he said.

"This is a worldwide COVID pandemic and thinking it's smart to call yourself Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse is about as stupid as it gets. So that must cease."

The Premier also scolded people who thought they were being funny.

"We do have, I believe, one of the best if not the best contact tracing team on the planet. But they can't contact trace people if they don't have the details," she said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-21/nsw-coronavirus-sydney-cases-increase-in-northern-beaches/13002998

There's no excuse for ID and contact details not being checked by staff when people sign in.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nam Taf posted:

Execute everyone who walks slowly in public or doesn't keep to the left. Everyone who remains won't do stupid poo poo and will be respectful of the rules. Guarantee it, it's the one common denominator that separates poo poo people from decent people.

Round up all the convicts and ship them out to a new tinier Australia

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Round up all the convicts and ship them out to a new tinier Australia

They tried this with Norfolk island and now the people there are even weirder than the rest of Australia

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

its so hosed up how seppos use the word "entree" when talking about their main course

so hosed up

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Does the depravity of Americans know no bounds?!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Lolie posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-21/nsw-coronavirus-sydney-cases-increase-in-northern-beaches/13002998

There's no excuse for ID and contact details not being checked by staff when people sign in.

Sounds like a Mickey Mouse operation to me.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Caesar Saladin posted:

its so hosed up how seppos use the word "entree" when talking about their main course

so hosed up

Wait till you see how much water they have in their toilet bowls.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

And how much lead they've got in their water.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

what fucks me up with Americans is that they boil water on the stove for tea and stuff. no electric kettles. Insane.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

well why not posted:

what fucks me up with Americans is that they boil water on the stove for tea and stuff. no electric kettles. Insane.

They dont have the power output at the wall to boil a jug on electricity.

this also means their hair dryers are dog poo poo.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

well why not posted:

I had an American mate boil water for tea in the microwave. Even degenerate super mutant npr journalizard couldn't defend that I reckon

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

usa #1 but can't even do electricity properly apparently

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Or an education system for that matter. Which probably explains why they still think USA #1.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it’s just some Star Trek “this planet is like ours but hosed in one specific, subtle manner” poo poo. It’s all normal until you see how they heat water.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

Caesar Saladin posted:

so hosed up

This confused the heck out of me when I started watching Top Chef.

More hosed up is my idiot town's community Facebook discussion page, which is suddenly full of "huuurrrr there's bus loads of Asians coming up from Sydney to buy all our toilet paper" posts.

:negative:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

entree even just sounds like the word entrance, its not complicated

instead they call entree appetisers or appeteasers if they are in one of their gaudy chain restuarants like Chilli's

like I said, its hosed up

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I had an American mate boil water for tea in the microwave. Even degenerate super mutant npr journalizard couldn't defend that I reckon

*Cracks knuckles*

Yeah nah

I use a microwave to heat milk to make coffee

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

That's fine imo. I don't own a milk steamer and don't ever intend to but sometimes you want a hot choccy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
I used to have one of those Aldi milk frothers, that was pretty good for hot chocolates. I might just buy another one