Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

b52's pretty sick and iirc they don't plan to sunset them until like 2050 lmao

fuckin farmers can take down stealth planes, so it's pretty much katyusha style vs ac-130 style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

b52's pretty sick and iirc they don't plan to sunset them until like 2050 lmao

i dont think theyll last that long. one of thems already dead

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

fart simpson posted:

good thing that wasnt a serious weapon, like a nuke

A MOAB is 11 tons TNT equivalent compared to nine million tons TNT equivalent for the B53 nuclear bomb deployed by the US.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
russians really learned from afghanistan while the us didn't lmao

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The smallest nuclear bomb ever designed, the size of a 2 liter soda bottle, is 10 times more destructive than the MOAB.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Salt Fish posted:

The smallest nuclear bomb ever designed, the size of a 2 liter soda bottle, is 10 times more destructive than the MOAB.

and nobody will use it because it's a loving stupid thing to do

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

i feel like this line of thinking is no longer a safe assumption, just in general

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

i feel like this line of thinking is no longer a safe assumption, just in general

because you're naive lol

a country wants the territory, right? resources etc. if you use a nuke, you have to clean everything up before you can access the resources you want

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

trump is probably going to bomb or nuke new york or LA before he's kicked out. all his old insane advisers are back and whispering in his ear for the final month

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

trump is probably going to bomb or nuke new york or LA before he's kicked out. all his old insane advisers are back and whispering in his ear for the final month

now I can def see america nuking itself, not any other country lmao

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

SmokaDustbowl posted:

Yes, nuclear weapons are tools of genocide and have no real military application. The people that support their use or development generally do it because they don't fully understand just how destructive they are.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

because you're naive lol

a country wants the territory, right? resources etc. if you use a nuke, you have to clean everything up before you can access the resources you want

i mean assuming that someone in power in the west won't do something because it's profoundly stupid and counterproductive

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

i mean assuming that someone in power in the west won't do something because it's profoundly stupid and counterproductive

by the west you mean USA

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i also mean western europe

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

qirex posted:

only if it comes from the thermonuclé valley, otherwise it's labeled a "french fissile weapon"

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

i also mean western europe

lmao so you're worried about spanish nukes or what

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
spanish bombs

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm not worried about nukes at all. i think i pretty clearly said that i just wouldn't take it on faith that western powers won't do something that will hurt themselves with little to no upside, for very stupid reasons

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it didn't take a nuke to kill 310000 americans this year

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

i'm not worried about nukes at all. i think i pretty clearly said that i just wouldn't take it on faith that western powers won't do something that will hurt themselves with little to no upside, for very stupid reasons

define western powers though. do you mean america that can't even stop rioting every day, or european western powers that can't stop rioting every day

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
or do you mean "western values and art traditional westerners only traditional art!!!!"

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

it didn't take a nuke to kill 310000 americans this year

no but a nuke could have done it a lot more efficiently

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

or do you mean "western values and art traditional westerners only traditional art!!!!"

are you okay?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

gently caress no

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
good deflection though

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

define western powers though. do you mean america that can't even stop rioting every day, or european western powers that can't stop rioting every day

and yes, i mean both of those, and to some extent the whole reason there's rioting and unrest in the first place

SmokaDustbowl posted:

gently caress no

oh, sorry

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lol wow this thread lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i’m still trying to figure out what’s going on

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

bump_fn posted:

lol wow this thread lol

it's containing the hellworld

President Beep posted:

i definitely don't know any more

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

western powers

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/status/1341121311578476544

aaaahahahahahahahahahshfndidijdndjdjdjdhhnhbg

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

SmokaDustbowl posted:

western powers

https://youtu.be/YBxYpOEoLcM

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

welcome to 3 pages ago

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

to be super duper clear, i'm saying any statement that goes "nobody would do <X> because it's loving stupid to do" is suspect these days, because there's a lot of evidence to the contrary

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

fart simpson posted:

no but a nuke could have done it a lot more efficiently

"we advise everyone to stay indoors to avoid radiation exposure and take iodine tablets"

*chuds go out and start drinking puddles*

"it's just like getting an x-ray bro!"

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol. if pat robertson is calling you nuts then you’ve got big problems.

https://www.newsweek.com/televangelist-pat-robertson-says-trump-lives-alternate-reality-biden-won-1556519

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

quote:

While the former minister and continued television personality went on to mention "Biden corruption" that "has not totally been brought to fruition," he ultimately encouraged audiences to recognize that further actions pursued by the Trump campaign will most likely prove futile.
I wonder if anyone is pressuring biden to just throw his grifty failson under a bus. it probably wouldn't make a difference to the chuds anyway

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
is biden's kid even grifter? i thought he just smoked rock and sucked dick

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

weird business poo poo in ukraine, just like everyone else in that circle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

quote:

In December 2020, Biden made a public announcement via his attorney that his tax affairs are under federal criminal investigation.
he's an energy lobbyist who has spent a ton of time in the ukraine and was bad enough at hiding his income enough to actually get in trouble so yeah