Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Yep, Californian. Sooo sweet and gentle. Always accepted pets, basically in any circumstances. If I laid on the floor, she'd come up to me and put her head down basically demanding attention. She was really intelligent, too. We did agility with both of them, and while marvin was a bit too neurotic for it, Alice did amazing. It was really fun seeing her figure out how to navigate tunnels and jump beams. I'd recommend taking a training class to any bun owners who don't mind a little frustration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
sorry about Alice. she looked sweet asa heck

we got peppa to be cleos boyfriend a month ago and they are already majorly in love. cleo is the boss rabbit despite being a third his weight and with 3/4 of the legs
https://i.imgur.com/UAIyEXV.mp4

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I thought I’d come update the thread on the rabbit we found. We had her for a week before the owner walked by while I was raking and asked if we had seen a rabbit. While we were happy to reunite the bunny with her owner, we were also sad because we had fallen in love with it.
Naturally we immediately went to the humane society and adopted a rabbit. She has been wonderful. She’s kind of sassy, but loves to jump into our laps and eat from our hands.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZEX6Ey7DGc

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

oh my god I don't know how I missed it but this fukken harlequin :swoon:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
drat, I wish Bernie were social enough to try to follow me around the house.

We had this one rabbit at the shelter, Piper, who hated the broom and would attack it whenever her pen was swept out. Like, biting it and hanging on. I've never seen anything else like it.

Last couple times I went to the shelter I didn't recognize any rabbit I remembered. Adoptions are through the roof!

I did see like 8 baby Holland lops, though. They got saddled with a couple pregnant does. Didn't get any good pictures, though.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
My wife got a better flash for her camera so now our rabbits don't look like blurry blobs anymore

Silverfish
May 23, 2005
graaaaaaaagh
I too have a black blob bunny!

They're the best bunnies.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Delightful little black puddings.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh are we posting black blobs

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
They're so frustrating to photograph. They're either blurry and too dark or you need to turn up the in-camera lighting to the point everything around the rabbit is washed out

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Deadite posted:

They're so frustrating to photograph. They're either blurry and too dark or you need to turn up the in-camera lighting to the point everything around the rabbit is washed out

My wife has woken Ajax up several times by not realizing her flash is on and trying to take a picture of him asleep. On the plus side he's at least noticeable that way, although I always feel bad about it.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Black rabbits you say?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO_8pc7Jqe8

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Harriet is grey.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Remora posted:

oh my god I don't know how I missed it but this fukken harlequin :swoon:

Here’s another view of Millie

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

that's the cutest widdle two-face I've ever seeeeeeen

11/10 would allow her to terrorize Gotham unhindered

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Deadite posted:

you need a big diffuse light source just out of frame, like someone holding a white towel with a lamp reflecting off of it, or one of those silvered pop-up windshield covers

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Dec 19, 2020

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Remora posted:

that's the cutest widdle two-face I've ever seeeeeeen

11/10 would allow her to terrorize Gotham unhindered

She is sassy and would be a good candidate for terrorism

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

My wife didn't realize letting Harriet near the xmas tree was a bad idea

Only registered members can see post attachments!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

She just wants to stab you with a broken ornament

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh yeah on that note, are christmas trees or pine needles or whatever dangerous for rabbits? we're heading to my in laws for a week and we're bringing ajax with us, i was going to block off the room the tree's in (or possibly just the tree), that's definitely the right decision right

i can't imagine he can really eat the tree but i'm sure he'll try

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

oh yeah on that note, are christmas trees or pine needles or whatever dangerous for rabbits? we're heading to my in laws for a week and we're bringing ajax with us, i was going to block off the room the tree's in (or possibly just the tree), that's definitely the right decision right

i can't imagine he can really eat the tree but i'm sure he'll try
Pine needles are fine as long as the tree doesn't have something weird sprayed on it. My old Holland Lop liked to pick the ornaments off the tree and throw them around.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I decided to just block off other rooms and keep him in the living room. He’s not happy and he’s been thumping all night but hopefully he’ll come to terms and accept his life. We’ll see I guess. I feel bad if he’s unhappy and want him to be okay but also he’s a rabbit so he’ll manage

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rabbits are champion-level tantrum throwers so I think he'll be okay.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Yeah, you guys are way too accommodating and coddling to your rabbits, loving embarrassing. They are glorified food that we have collectively decided is too cute for our bellies. Livestock that is too dorbs to leave outside. They eat fece and hop and they are always silly. We breed them for our entertainment and delight and render them sterile for our convenience. If they want to thump at me, or my ways, or the construction happening outside, then let them thump. I laugh at them.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Ok Comboomer posted:

Yeah, you guys are way too accommodating and coddling to your rabbits, loving embarrassing. They are glorified food that we have collectively decided is too cute for our bellies. Livestock that is too dorbs to leave outside. They eat fece and hop and they are always silly. We breed them for our entertainment and delight and render them sterile for our convenience. If they want to thump at me, or my ways, or the construction happening outside, then let them thump. I laugh at them.

what the gently caress is this post

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
poo poo you right guess i'll eat him for lunch

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Remora posted:

Surprise rabbit thread heel turn

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
If your rabbit isn't frequently annoyed at you for getting up in their space then you probably aren't cleaning their enclosure often enough.

Remora posted:

lol, if you knew my Jareth the Goblin King then you would understand what an imperious little drama queen a lionhead can be

mostly I just found it kind of funny that there was a loose trend of people posting things like "moved my rabbit to a different room. lil' buddy won't stop thumping :ohdear: He's so upset I hope he'll be okay...."

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

I'm very sorry there was too much empathy for your sensibilities, you fuckin weirdo

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Remora posted:

I'm very sorry there was too much empathy for your sensibilities, you fuckin weirdo

Eat my rear end, dude, it was clearly a joke

I’ve been ITT longer and prolly kept rabbits longer than you

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Ok Comboomer posted:

Eat my rear end, dude, it was clearly a joke

no, it was just weird and bad

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

People people, stop fighting! You all know that Harriet is upset when people fight and when Harriet is upset, bad things happen.

Like her somehow getting out in the middle of the night, and yanking my laptop off my office desk by the powercord.

Goddamnit Harriet

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

People people, stop fighting! You all know that Harriet is upset when people fight and when Harriet is upset, bad things happen.

Like her somehow getting out in the middle of the night, and yanking my laptop off my office desk by the powercord.

Goddamnit Harriet

imagine believing that one could empathize too little with this eldritch being

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Fighting in this thread should be resolved by rubbing your heads and noses, then grooming each other.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Fighting ITT is to be resolved by putting both parties in a dark laundry hamper together and running the vacuum or clothes dryer until both belligerents visibly huddle together

Put my cage next to anybody else’s without proper bonding and I’ll chew their lips off between the bars 🐇🐰:black101:

EDIT: <-- -- -- Really, you guys?! Come on, I worked hard on that Fivey Fox Av. That's so loving lame.

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Dec 23, 2020

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
This has been my secret feel-good-thread for 10+ years. I haven't had a bunny for 20 years, so I'm not contributing anything. Just a thumbs up, bunnies are good.

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 24, 2020

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
For some feel good, here's pictures of Nancy relaxing, despite how skittish she is:

Also a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwNBO8gap8

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

I’m currently visiting my parents for Christmas and I’ve had on the back of my mind for a while now that my bunny would be much happier if she lived with them. :(

I live in a tiny apartment with a slippery wooden floor that she can’t run on (I’ve bought carpets but still) while they have a big house and a nice garden. They have a super friendly rabbit of their own that she gets along with very well so they keep each other company. I just feel like a selfish piece of poo poo every time I have to bring her back with me. She’s 5 now but it feels like she’s always been a part of my life and I love that rabbit more than anything. I just see as she’s getting a little older that I don’t provide her with the best quality of life she could have and it honestly fucks me up.

I know my mom would love to care for her and we’ve touched on it in the past, I’m probably going to break the news to her tomorrow. I just hope this is the right decision.

Please hug your buns for me. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I’m currently visiting my parents for Christmas and I’ve had on the back of my mind for a while now that my bunny would be much happier if she lived with them. :(

I live in a tiny apartment with a slippery wooden floor that she can’t run on (I’ve bought carpets but still) while they have a big house and a nice garden. They have a super friendly rabbit of their own that she gets along with very well so they keep each other company. I just feel like a selfish piece of poo poo every time I have to bring her back with me. She’s 5 now but it feels like she’s always been a part of my life and I love that rabbit more than anything. I just see as she’s getting a little older that I don’t provide her with the best quality of life she could have and it honestly fucks me up.

I know my mom would love to care for her and we’ve touched on it in the past, I’m probably going to break the news to her tomorrow. I just hope this is the right decision.

Please hug your buns for me. :smith:

You could just get some carpet or carpet tile. Maybe get a second rabbit if you feel like yours isn’t getting adequate enrichment or enjoyment.

To me it seems like the biggest potential benefits to rehoming your bun are the space and the potential of bonding your rabbit to your parents’ rabbit.

Beyond that I just don’t know that I’d ever take a house rabbit outside on trips to the yard enough to make that feature really worthwhile. And if your parents are older are they really going to be taking your rabbit outside every single day for exercise, enough that the rabbit would really get comfortably used to “walkies”?

Any rabbit is going to spend the first five minutes in an unfamiliar wide open expanse like that nervously looking for predators. A novel and enriching environment, to be sure, but make sure that you’re planning this with a/your rabbit’s best interest in mind, and not what you imagine they’d prefer based on how, like, dogs or cats use space.

Plus I find that bonded rabbits tend to move around less/be way less skittish in general. They spend a lot more time grooming/being groomed, paying attention to the other rabbit, waiting for the other rabbit before moving elsewhere, and just generally chilling and lying down with the other rabbit instead of exploring the poo poo out of everything. They become way less dependent on the owner for attention.

Anyway rabbits are like cats, where adding a second one only marginally increases the relative expense and work vs having one.