Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Ice T is a gamer??? :aaaaa:

He’s the best kind of gamer: looter shooter gamer. He plays A TON of Destiny 2 / Division 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah the prices of legendary weapons and armor in shops is basically the game saying “you should just look into crafting” because there isn’t anything you can buy in the stores stronger or more useful than the stuff you can make and sell on the fly.

Also I figured I’d skip respeccing on my first character but I’m at the point where I could respec all of my item/crafting/droprate perks because once you have max level and max gear there’s no point anymore, that’s like 6-10 perk points you can reassign to just become even more broken and deadly.

I saw two day-of reviews that both said “crafting is a broken skill point trap, don’t even bother” and they were hilariously, obscenely wrong.

In general I don’t think day of reviews for a game like this make any sense, it’s crystal clear that many of them berserker rushed the main story mission, skipping 90% of the game, and their reviews are FULL of stuff that’s just objectively untrue about the game (crafting is worthless, you never have enough money, picking up grey guns off the ground is the best way to boost DPS) and these are game reviewers that I usually really respect and trust.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah the prices of legendary weapons and armor in shops is basically the game saying “you should just look into crafting” because there isn’t anything you can buy in the stores stronger or more useful than the stuff you can make and sell on the fly.

Also I figured I’d skip respeccing on my first character but I’m at the point where I could respec all of my item/crafting/droprate perks because once you have max level and max gear there’s no point anymore, that’s like 6-10 perk points you can reassign to just become even more broken and deadly.

I saw two day-of reviews that both said “crafting is a broken skill point trap, don’t even bother” and they were hilariously, obscenely wrong.

In general I don’t think day of reviews for a game like this make any sense, it’s crystal clear that many of them berserker rushed the main story mission, skipping 90% of the game, and their reviews are FULL of stuff that’s just objectively untrue about the game (crafting is worthless, you never have enough money, picking up grey guns off the ground is the best way to boost DPS) and these are game reviewers that I usually really respect and trust.

i like the crafting tree if only because it makes it easier to swap mods when you find a piece of gear that looks better, and probably can't imagine not maxing it out at this point just for the ease of equipment

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
I like this game more than witcher 3
Also the Star ending is a happy ending. You can't take away from me Comte You son of a bitch!!!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
One thing that frustrated me was that I thought of myself as a crafting Guru but one thing the game doesn’t explain to you at all is how crafting mods work. When you see a mod recipe in a store, they are like 10x as expensive as the mod itself is, usually sitting right next to it, and I assumed it was like a bug or just bad itemization.

NO, the mod blueprints are expensive because mod crafting scales to your crafting level, lmao, and the game just sort of hopes you’ll figure that out?

I’m not asking for an extended crafting tutorial but just like a single pop-up window maybe? For something that works totally different from every other craftable item in game?

Also Jesus please god in heaven just put a little check mark or a + sign on blueprints I already know how to craft. Constantly having to open a shop, close it, open my crafting menu, scroll to double check, then going back to shopkeeper inventory to buy it is PEAK-Euro-Jank

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Turin Turambar posted:

BTW, is there any quest for the Moxxes? I'm surprised I still haven't found any.

Yeah there's one for Wakako I'm pretty sure. Have to take out a brothel owner who rapes, beats and kills his girls. Pretty sure it's the only one. Even has main quest reactivity for resolving it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think getting TA / crafting to 12 is a good breakpoint to reach early on or even for most characters. That's when you get both exnihilo and epic crafting at which point you can bust the game with tons of armor and some even a chance at free upgrades. If you prioritize this before your actual build you can get it almost right at the start (only need to reach level 7). This also gives you the added benefit of having access to opening a bulk of the locked doors you'll encounter.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Also Jesus please god in heaven just put a little check mark or a + sign on blueprints I already know how to craft. Constantly having to open a shop, close it, open my crafting menu, scroll to double check, then going back to shopkeeper inventory to buy it is PEAK-Euro-Jank

Oh yes. So annoying.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

So my final experience with Cyberpunk is loving absolutely tier one perfect on brand for this game, I just crashed in the middle of the goddamn credits.

Literally just mid-scroll.

I decided to turn it back on and go for another ending just to see how rough they got since I got the Panam ending and it was reasonably upbeat and the game had auto saved at the start of the credits.

It’s like they knew this piece of poo poo game could fall apart under even the light load of scrolling the loving credits.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Memnaelar posted:

Like is there ever ANY benefit to visiting a fixer in person? It seems so weird to have them all have offices and yet have them be so obviously meaningless when you pop in to say hi...

None. I figure it must be a holdover from a previous build of the game.

Come to think of it, it would actually be cool to have to go see the fixers irl when you unlock extra rewards doing optional objectives.

Of course, they'd have to think of rewards a bit less generic than just a few extra eddies which is all you get at the moment. With the added annoyance of having to schlep your rear end to a specific drop box for no discernible reason.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Memnaelar posted:

Like is there ever ANY benefit to visiting a fixer in person? It seems so weird to have them all have offices and yet have them be so obviously meaningless when you pop in to say hi...
Mechanically not that I've found. In game terms, it adds a nice bit of extra immersion to night city by making them feel a bit more real. If fixers didn't have offices and you could never actually see them in the game then I assume people would be complaining about how fixers are just portraits that pop up on my cyber-phone, nothing more than the flimsiest pretext for handing you pre-cooked quests, CDPR couldn't even be bothered to make them real people in this ALLEGEDLY open-world game, Eurojank, refund, etc

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

PerilPastry posted:

None. I figure it must be a holdover from a previous build of the game.

Come to think of it, it would actually be cool to have to go see the fixers irl when you unlock extra rewards doing optional objectives.

Of course, they'd have to think of rewards a bit less generic than just a few extra eddies which is all you get at the moment. With the added annoyance of having to schlep your rear end to a specific drop box for no discernible reason.

It feels like maybe they were the equivalent of notice boards at some point and would hand out gigs?

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

TeaJay posted:

That's the one. You fight Placide in the church after running through their little base killing everyone in sight, if you chose NetWatch side.

And this of course after the cyber adventure which ends with Alt killing both VDB and NetWatch runners.

If you side with NetWatch in the actual mission you'll get to come back to an angry Placide and you have a prompt to punch him in the face, and then Brigitte interrupts you - and says to help you anyway - even though that's just bullshit.

I didn't side with Netwatch and jacked into the guy to get the Netwatch info, only then not-die (thanks biochip). Then did the cyber adventure the way VDB wanted it to play out, and once I jacked out, Brigitte was being a piece of poo poo when I called her out for trying to kill me twice, and she was all "yeah well that's business suck it up". Got a dialogue option to draw my gun and decided screw it, murdered the entire base with a smart shotgun.

I'm normally a goody two-shoes helperbot in these games, but drat the VDB pushed it too far there lol

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Silent/No Kill/No Alarm objectives should give you stealth rewards, like a recipe for cheap craftable throwing knives or the recipe for silent shoes

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Sachant posted:

Ending spoilers:
Maybe I'm just being a big baby but I was hoping for at least some sort of secret/hard to get/did everything right/100+% "Shepard lives" style ending. Aldecaldo is at least the most optimistic but even that is bittersweet for V. Was hard enough for me that the game was over and I had to leave that world. To leave it with such a rough collection of endings was such a gut punch. Haven't felt this low after finishing a video game for a very long time.

Yeah... I was all set to leading up to the end to start another playthrough with the other VO until, well, the actual ending. Then I uninstalled.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

re: Dream On

That was a fun little quest, felt a lot like X-Files actually. I chose to tell Jefferson everything and encourage him to fight, even though I know both options will just lead him to get brainwashed the next day. But the drat assholes even called me and threatened me, so I had to try something.

I wonder if we ever return to them, from what I understood I'm blocked now and it's the last quest for them (for now). I kinda want to believe Johnny's theory about not-aliens but rather those super powerful AI's seeping in through the Blackwall and manipulating us.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Combat Pretzel posted:

Isn't that the US notation?

Yes, my point was they look nothing like periods. It reads as small comma for decimals and a bigger comma for delimiting thousands.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

One thing that frustrated me was that I thought of myself as a crafting Guru but one thing the game doesn’t explain to you at all is how crafting mods work. When you see a mod recipe in a store, they are like 10x as expensive as the mod itself is, usually sitting right next to it, and I assumed it was like a bug or just bad itemization.

NO, the mod blueprints are expensive because mod crafting scales to your crafting level, lmao, and the game just sort of hopes you’ll figure that out?

I’m not asking for an extended crafting tutorial but just like a single pop-up window maybe? For something that works totally different from every other craftable item in game?

Im really stuck on this as well. Everything I see online says that crafting mods basically rolls a die and you can get anything from common to epic quality mods. And I see lot of screens of peeps running full 20 piece epic armadillos. But I think I've made over 100 armor mods and only ever get rares at max.

Not that I really need more armor, but its annoying me anyways.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Cyberpunk 2078 is gonna be great

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Im really stuck on this as well. Everything I see online says that crafting mods basically rolls a die and you can get anything from common to epic quality mods. And I see lot of screens of peeps running full 20 piece epic armadillos. But I think I've made over 100 armor mods and only ever get rares at max.

Not that I really need more armor, but its annoying me anyways.

What level is your character? Some are saying they didn't really see many Epic Rolls until they hit late 30's/40's

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Lay your PS5 sideways and put your keyboard on it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is there a way I don't know of to do the 'upgrade components' thing in batches and not just sit there and hold down 'F?'

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Is there a way I don't know of to do the 'upgrade components' thing in batches and not just sit there and hold down 'F?'

why would they let you do that?

(no)

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.
If anyone cares, these are my specs and experience with Cyberpunk:

I'm using what is basically a 300 us PC (I bought a eBay desktop with an old i5 Core 3550, added a GTX1650 and some RAM) it was supposed to be a cheap emulation box so I bought the game from GOG for 36 bucks to try it and return it if it ran like rear end, but surprisingly, it runs OK. Gunplay, missions, and general gameplay is fine, but driving is a BIG mess of stutters and pauses, but I drive just to admire the city anyways,so for me, it's acceptable.

I'm using Alex optimization guide, playing at 1080P with DRS to 85% locked to 30FPS with VSync.

Game is the kind of fun that sucks you in for HOURS. I believe that if you go looking for GTA, you'll be disappointed... Actually if you are the kind of player who wanted to LIVE in this world and stand in a corner, summon the 13 year old slipknot fan inside you and just do nihilistic chaos then yeah, this is not the game for you, but the writing, characters, moral desicions and just the path the writers planned for you ARE what made this game unforgettable for me, bravo.

Not a sigle crash around 20 hours in, game runs OK and I belive I got my money's worth and then some.

It's a shame the game shipped on consoles the way it did, I have a ps4 pro and decided against playing it there due to GOGs return policy as a my insurance but I can honestly say I'm very happy with the game and well worth the hype.

As for the current media response to the game, it's almost inevitable... games journalism media is the most pretentious, saddest and hungriest of all media and this game and it's issues are like dead meat to flies. I mean there are legitimate problems and CDPR is trying as much as a large corpo can, but this is an outlet of rage for these writers and the cesspool of Twitter is feeding that outrage. In the end, it's a unforgettable experience of atmosphere, writing and tight gameplay unlike I have played in years. Game good.

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.
Also all those silly memes about Panam are right, if she calls, I'll drop whatever and just do what she asks me to.

I'll even carry her printer if she asks me...

Ditto for Judy.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

edit: nvm

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

That Kerry+Johnny fanfic is /thumbs up

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Judy sucks, she’s like if Edward from Cowboy Bebop grew up and became more annoying. Every moment she needs my help is a moment I could be blowing up cactuses with my sweet Panam.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Real tempted to just ghost River rather than do the mission where you see them for dinner.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Judy sucks, she’s like if Edward from Cowboy Bebop grew up and became more annoying. Every moment she needs my help is a moment I could be blowing up cactuses with my sweet Panam.

https://youtu.be/48OL4Mlj7gg

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sloober posted:

why would they let you do that?

(no)

Hello darkness, my old friend. Come to visit me again...

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Panam is bae.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I don't really understand how the blackwall works. Like, it segregates the new internet from the old infrastructure because a bunch A.I and super viruses or something are over there? Why not just shut down the old hosting servers or wherever the actual physical locations they live in is?

Is this like digimon, is cyberspace a parallel universe?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I feel like I have missed something with Judy, there seems to be nothing after rescuing Evelyn and getting the lead about the Voodoo Boys involvement. Do I need to progress the main quest more or call her or what?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

sean10mm posted:

Real tempted to just ghost River rather than do the mission where you see them for dinner.

I can't make it to dinner with River because I'm too busy moving in with Judy

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Dream On drove home to me how hosed everyone in Night City is. Live on the penthouse level, have private security, run for mayor thinking you're independent- doesn't matter, can/will end up captured. The voice acting of the wife was pretty good and drove home how scary having your mind messed with like that was.

In a game that honestly mostly misses the mark on showing that you're a small cog in the shadows avoiding the powerful, it really did well on that theme

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

sean10mm posted:

I feel like I have missed something with Judy, there seems to be nothing after rescuing Evelyn and getting the lead about the Voodoo Boys involvement. Do I need to progress the main quest more or call her or what?

Yeah she'll call you at some point

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Zephro posted:

If fixers didn't have offices and you could never actually see them in the game then I assume people would be complaining about how fixers are just portraits that pop up on my cyber-phone, nothing more than the flimsiest pretext for handing you pre-cooked quests

I've gotta be honest, except Rogue who you get to interact with more meaningfully in other contexts, all the fixers feel like disembodied dispensers of cookie cutter quests to me.

(Tbf, a minority of the gigs are brimming with creativity and fun world building but they feel very few and far between.)

Bust Rodd posted:

Silent/No Kill/No Alarm objectives should give you stealth rewards, like a recipe for cheap craftable throwing knives or the recipe for silent shoes
An XP reward like the Ghost bonus you get in Deus Ex would have been nice too.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!
You know, they should have just made all the NPCs you interact with romanceable, even if they shoot you down or it's just in a "casual hookup" kinda way. Forget Judy or Panam, I wanna ask the receptionist lady at Clouds out on a date. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Anyone else keep getting the burnt skin bug?