Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

you dont need the daemon, you just get them from access points. if you are doing any access points at all you will have piles of quickhack mats.

Right but i have zero quickhack recipes to craft them...I have tons of random quickhacks, not the ones I want, and no ability to make new ones or upgrade them or whatever the hell. Anyway, thanks for the help everyone, I'm not totally frustrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

Right but i have zero quickhack recipes to craft them...I have tons of random quickhacks, not the ones I want, and no ability to make new ones or upgrade them or whatever the hell. Anyway, thanks for the help everyone, I'm not totally frustrated.

If you're on pc you could just cheatengine yourself some extra perk points or momey to buy the respec

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

no one knows if you're talking about recipes or mats at this point tbh

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Just found this and maybe this is my issue, a known bug:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Sloober posted:

no one knows if you're talking about recipes or mats at this point tbh

recipes, I need recipes, I have tons of mats

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

LifeSunDeath posted:

Just found this and maybe this is my issue, a known bug:

no, that only happens after you actually craft a quickhack.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

spouse posted:

Another minor complaint a la "missing feature present in every other open world game": why is there not a single ramp to launch a car off of in this entire loving game?

The switchbacks by North Oak work ok

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I was preparing to farm Pacifica Netrunners for epic and Legendary quickhacks but I spent 1 perk point and it just added 15 recipes to my crafting menu.

I also played through the entire game without the “quickhacks drop from access points” or the “bonus quickhack components” perks, I feel a slight pinch on purple components ATM but that’s a good thing because otherwise I’d just craft all
Legendary quickhacks at once. This way I’m getting a new legenda try quickhack every 3-4 missions.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

This is really basic amateur stuff here. Any chance they improve these things with patches?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Online people: "This game is pro-cop!"
V: "Unlike the badges, I don't kill people without a good reason."

low whistling noise

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Deep ad.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Online people: "This game is pro-cop!"
V: "Unlike the badges, I don't kill people without a good reason."

low whistling noise

anyone who thinks this game is "pro cop" is a moron

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
One weird thing I've noticed on PS5 that could just be a combination of luck and confirmation bias is the game has never crashed while I'm in the middle of a mission, it always crashes when I'm driving from place to place between things. It's like it dutifully waits for me to finish the gig I'm on and then crashes while I'm driving to the next thing.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

OctaMurk posted:

Not counting the several side quests where cops were the bad guys, because of corruption, extortion or murder...

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

OctaMurk posted:

My favorite cop moment in this game is walking up to a fast travel station and apparently a cop was nearby, and before I could pick a destination, the cop shouted "He attacked me!" and opened fire.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

The features cut from this game are astounding:

https://youtu.be/hjntgOWYb1M

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TeaJay posted:

I managed to finish the game as well. Probably gonna do a few more side quests afterwards.

But for now: I got The Star ending, meaning I called Panam for help, rolled in with the Aldecaldos, sent Smasher some regards from Johnny and rode off into the sunset.

The ending was bittersweet in the sense you're "given" 6 months to live, but you know, who's to say you won't defy the odds again? At least that's how I took it from everyone's comments.

The ending postcards were pretty weird though, Mitch and Panam almost talked about me like I was somewhere far away and Takemura told me to burn in hell :( I guess he didn't like my plan. What was I to do?? After all I went through for that grumpy japanese guy.

From what I gather the other endings were a lot more sad, so as a big softy I won't be even looking at those.

I did this too but I didn't get a call from Takemura. I thought he died at the end of A2. I'm pretty sure Arasaka Jr pulled a complete coup because the radio at the end was talking about how the sister was now dead too. I got to run away with Judy and hope to maybe get a life out of the time I have left. Way I see it, that's about as good as one could hope given all the poo poo that happened.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is there actually a point to crafting/buying more than one of each quickhack? It feels like there might originally have been a reason to do that - like they had limited uses or something - but as it is it just seems pointless.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

marshmallow creep posted:

My favorite cop moment in this game is walking up to a fast travel station and apparently a cop was nearby, and before I could pick a destination, the cop shouted "He attacked me!" and opened fire.

mine is that they largely just stand around doing nothing until an imagined slight happens

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

stev posted:

Is there actually a point to crafting/buying more than one of each quickhack? It feels like there might originally have been a reason to do that - like they had limited uses or something - but as it is it just seems pointless.

Nope. Just grab one of each and upgrade them as you go. The rest I think just clutter your screen since I don't think you can sell or disassemble them?

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

When you go to an NCPD event on the map and the cops immediately open fire on you after you save them it feels less like a bug and more like a statement, lol

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Balance wise, I wish damage was lower, globally, on Very Hard. 15-20% less, both to enemies and to the player. Sometimes I'm killed in one hit, and enemies aren't in any case bullet spongy at all, which is what people feared before release. If that way I die instantly less times, and in exchange I have two fire a pair of bullets more to the enemies, I think that's a fair trade.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

MarshyMcFly posted:

So it was supposed to be running on the GTA engine but isn't? idgi. Also lol that people are staying in their cars instead of huddling next to them.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

So it was supposed to be running on the GTA engine but isn't? idgi. Also lol that people are staying in their cars instead of huddling next to them.

Look at his post history, It's all I'll say.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Turin Turambar posted:

Balance wise, I wish damage was lower, globally, on Very Hard. 15-20% less, both to enemies and to the player. Sometimes I'm killed in one hit, and enemies aren't in any case bullet spongy at all, which is what people feared before release. If that way I die instantly less times, and in exchange I have two fire a pair of bullets more to the enemies, I think that's a fair trade.

For me it's that NPC damage varies wildly. With the same group of even level enemies, I can stand in front of one guy and take no damage even though he's clearly hitting me with every shot, and then another will round the corner, let off two, maybe three rounds, and I'm nearly dead.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

My favorite is Rivers quest line.

He gets kicked off the force for being a good cop. And I’m glad he didn’t wanna go back.

Like. I dunno how anyone can even think this game is pro-cop.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Wheeee posted:

sorry comte but as much as i like this game, none of the side quests are quite as entertaining as the resetera meltdown threads about it

the meltdowns are kinda locked down to one thread which updates like 5 times a day maybe with like 10 same posters with long screeds and talking about how they should take back the sites from the chud supporting admins. the regular thread is normal.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I did this too

You could go back and save him despite Johnny tells you to run.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
An ending I haven't seen anyone mention yet is the one I got and it is "The Sun" where you take Johnny and Rogue, keep your body, and you become the ruler of the Afterlife, Panam says her goodbyes from my new penthouse, and the game ends with you jumping out of a rocketship at the Crystal Castle holding a gun in some kinda weird kamikaze gesture. It made me wanna fire up the game RIGHT AWAY and do different things and that's what I did! That was the first playthrough where I was treating it like Cyber Metal Punk Gear Solid 2077 and sneaking around EVERYWHERE with a silenced revolver and making red clouds out of skulls. Dumped a shitload of points into Cold Blood cuz it sounded cool and did, as far as I could tell, nothing whatsoever. The dialog options unlocked using Cool didn't seem to get me anywhere, either.

My current playthrough I'm aerosmithing the side quests and gigs instead of ignoring the inconvenient ones and it's a lot of fun! I don't usually like doing non-plot-related things in games, but something about rolling up to an exclamation mark on a map and taking care of biz to watch the little green bar get bigger gets me goin. Instead of sneaking, I'm roleplaying as the Imperator Furiosa and blowing people's heads off with shotguns, prying open doors instead of hacking them, and making a shitload of grenades. Also going after Judy cuz River is duller than a bag of rocks. Only cool part about River is the aforementioned VR game with the kids where you lose on purpose and it's super cute. Rescuing the kid from that hosed-up farm was good, too, imo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TeaJay posted:

You could go back and save him despite Johnny tells you to run.

Oh welp yeah I loving booked it out of there. Tried jumping up but I guess I didn’t try hard enough or missed the way back so rip cool due

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

MarshyMcFly posted:

If the next GTA is futuristic at all, this game is not going to be looked back on lovingly.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think moving forward I’ll probably do a no guns no hacks blade guy. 12 points in TA for epic crafting rest in reflex and cool. Probably nomad start. Gotta figure out what to wear first. That’s the most important part of it.

if you're gonna play a Nomad you must wear a mullet. only requirement.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

The one that really gets to me is beating up someone in front of cops. Cops don't do anything to intervene in fights either if a high level enemy is out to murder you right in front of them. That just doesn't make sense. I know that Rockstar has a lot more experience making open world games but shouldn't the CDPR team have actually learned from them a little?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

MarshyMcFly posted:

The one that really gets to me is beating up someone in front of cops. Cops don't do anything to intervene in fights either if a high level enemy is out to murder you right in front of them. That just doesn't make sense. I know that Rockstar has a lot more experience making open world games but shouldn't the CDPR team have actually learned from them a little?

Even Ultima Online had guards attacking on sight if you think about it. It's as old as time.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Shammypants posted:

If the next GTA is futuristic at all, this game is not going to be looked back on lovingly.

That's like saying RDR2 makes W3 look bad.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I will never play a game with Rockstar's mission design ever again. It's horrid.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Crows Turn Off posted:

This is really basic amateur stuff here. Any chance they improve these things with patches?
Given they want to continue using their in-house engine, if they add it, it'll definitely land in the master branch, whether it'll get backported to CP77, that's an entirely different thing.

Ideally, the game engine would be a self-contained runtime with the game on top, that you can update independently, but it's seldom like that. Typically it's a modified version with direct code changes.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

petty quest complaint (fortunate son)

can you really not just grab the organ and run? i assumed it was a set up and jetted immediately, but the quest seems to force you to go back and deal with the cops and talk to dude who sets you up, which seems kinda weird when i just wanna save my aldecaldo homie. don't think it matters anyways

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Shammypants posted:

If the characters, story and mission design is as good as the last two GTAs, it will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

double negative posted:

petty quest complaint (fortunate son)

can you really not just grab the organ and run? i assumed it was a set up and jetted immediately, but the quest seems to force you to go back and deal with the cops and talk to dude who sets you up, which seems kinda weird when i just wanna save my aldecaldo homie. don't think it matters anyways

Can you fix the sabatoge on the organ without talking to that guy?