Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
had 37 pulls saved up hoping for a bennet. Got dupes at least of fisch x2, sucrose, and a dumb bow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I'm ... really liking this level design with the cold meter. Adds another layer of strategy to think about when you are exploring.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Boobsaria

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I did two ten rolls at 0 pity and got Mona + C1 on every banner 4*. loving aces.

If I already have Xingqiu C2 at A4, do I need to level Mona at all? She's stylish as gently caress, but I already run Childe and I dunno that I necessarily need another hydro sub dps (except maybe for abyss?).

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Did 3 10 rolls, got bennett and his c1. Not bad, but was hoping to get sucrose too. Ah well!

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
gently caress me I did the three ascension 10-rolls I got

:gifttank: Skyward Spine, Xingqiu C3, Jean, Xinyan(!!!), Lost Prayer :gifttank:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The music is so good on this mountain

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

zgrowler2 posted:

gently caress me I did the three ascension 10-rolls I got

:gifttank: Skyward Spine, Xingqiu C3, Jean, Xinyan(!!!), Lost Prayer :gifttank:

Hi, gently caress you!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I did the trial and holy poo poo Albedo tore things up. His ult is up way before its cooldown and his E is super short. Then I did the Fischl trial and the same thing happened and hey maybe they're misrepresenting things. :v:

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Since we're posting rolls,

32 rolls on Albedo's banner got me one Bennett to get to c1, plus c1 Fischl and a Favonious Lance. That got me to the 75 soft pity so I stopped.
25 rolls on Standard from the free ascension wishes got me one Lisa (to c2 now), Xinyan c0, Sucrose c0, and Rainslasher

Super happy with Bennett c1 which was the main thing I was hoping for. Glad I got Sucrose too, but I hear she's much better with c1? Anyway, going to hold off for now until people decide if Albedo is worth it, otherwise I suppose I'll save for Ganyu. It also doesn't seem like the lance or rainslasher are very good?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mailer posted:

I did the trial and holy poo poo Albedo tore things up. His ult is up way before its cooldown and his E is super short. Then I did the Fischl trial and the same thing happened and hey maybe they're misrepresenting things. :v:

I dont think its representative, the other characters in the other trials also have a ton of energy recharge and get their ults faster than normal.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I continued the F2P lucker streak and got Albedo 10 pulls after Zhongli. Got Xinyan and C1 Bennett in the remaining 9 pulls so i think i'm done with this banner unless i want to try for the final Fischl constellation. Standard banner wishes gave me C1 Ninguang and a load of 4* weapons.

What do i do for team comps for the new abyss with these guys? I know it's Geo focussed this time but which of the 5 Geo characters that i never use do i want to gear up for it?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

You can peek at the weapon, artifacts, and talent levels they give trial characters through the radial menu. But yeah they tend to load up on ER on those setups.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
I might be burned out on this game so this may be moot, but I did manage to roll Albedo on the character banner after just 20 rolls (which itself was 20 rolls after my pity when I drew Childe). I wasn't planning on getting him, just saved up to try and get Fischl C6, which I didn't although I did get another Sucrose for her C1 and another Bennet for his C1. Anyways despite my maybe burnout from artifact grinding, what is Albedo meant to be? I ignored everything about him, as I said I wasn't planning on getting anywhere near the pity to get him, and looking at his skills he seems to be main DPS but scales off defense for his charge attack? Seems like you'd build him like a DPS Noelle only he's actually meant to do good DPS like a C6 Noelle from the start.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I just did 55 rolls from the character banner, trying to get Fischl for C6, getting close to pity timer and I don't want the 5*.

Got Bennett 2x (C1, C2)
Sucrose C1
Sacrificial Fragments 2x (#2, #3)
Favonious Codex
Favonious Greatsword

Did 20 rolls on the permanent banner after:
Fischl C6 :woop: though wish I did not waste so many rolls on the character banner
Chongyun C1
Xinyan
Favonious Warbow

Now I am 39 from the standard pity and 15 from the character pity.

Also, the game is fun again because now I can poke around and find treasure chests. I found what looked like a boss area but I did not go in because I figured it had to do with a quest or something. Is there anything important to spend resin on in the new area? Almost full.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 23, 2020

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Albedo's trial gives me the exact opposite feeling Childe and Zhongli's did. He feels like a ridiculous god in it, with just him and Xiangling. Like you can refill his meter just from using the drat ult. It is a bunch of slimes and his gear is at 160% recharge, but that isn't that absurd. Also it is impossible to take any damage in it. And also his attack lines aren't gutteral garbage like Zhong's. I really want this handsome fellow. Which I guess means I'm not getting him.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mailer posted:

at least for Albedo, he's only running 160% and most of it is from having an R1 Favonius, so something you'd typically run on him that also isn't unattainable. using a freebie like the event sword will work similarly but just needs some artifact substats or set effects to match Favonius (which does have the bonus energy gen once every burst rotation).

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

YoshiOfYellow posted:

You can peek at the weapon, artifacts, and talent levels they give trial characters through the radial menu. But yeah they tend to load up on ER on those setups.

He has 4% from artifacts and 55% from Favonius.

It's mainly because you are fighting a poo poo load of low HP slimes who poo poo out energy when you damage them.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
I just noticed the domain in Mondstadt near the entrance to Dragonspine, the one that was one of the intro default characters at the start of the game, now has new challenges in it with rewards. Seem to be based on doing a certain elemental reaction, but haven't tried them out yet. Rewards aren't much, just a bit of weapon crystals, xp books, and mora, but it's something.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So, using all these rolls I got from ascended characters (39 rolls!) I got a second Aquila Favonia.

I'm not sure if I should use it to refine my other one. Kinda think it might be a better idea to actually use it, though you can always switch weapons between characters so maybe that's not a good idea unless I plan on fielding two sword-users at once (that both want a +atk sword).

edit: I also got C3 Xinyan which is cool, since I plan on using her at some point when I have the resources to invest in her.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Collect your free rolls from those characters you haven't brought to 20 for some reason.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Gotta say I like the new display after killing a boss.

At ar34, I got my first 2 5 star artifacts, one each from wolf and dragon. They are chock full of hp and defense, but hey, longest journey, single step.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Lots of constellations, Qiqi, and double spirit lockets so I can up Ning’s talents. A good patch day. :woop:

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
All I wanted out of this banner was Bennet's C1 for better support and maybe Sucrose, who I didn't yet have.

First 10:

Second 10:

My gacha-fu is strong.

Now I'm also primed for getting either Albedo if it turns out he's super good, or whichever subsequent banner 5* I want later!

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
With the patch should I roll on the new event banner or on wanderlust?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Sexual Aluminum posted:

With the patch should I roll on the new event banner or on wanderlust?

In general don’t spend primos on Wanderlust, especially since the patch is giving a big chunk of blue wishes to spend on it with ascension bonuses. Either roll on the event banner or save your primos if there’s nothing on there you want (but this is maybe the strongest cast of rate up 4*s yet).

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
How do ascension rewards work? I didn’t get any fates. Is there somewhere I have to go?

Also has anyone done the quest where you have to interact with the blocked Ice? Can’t figure out what to do.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

theblackw0lf posted:

How do ascension rewards work? I didn’t get any fates. Is there somewhere I have to go?

Also has anyone done the quest where you have to interact with the blocked Ice? Can’t figure out what to do.

Go to the character screen, there’s an icon in the too right for each character that leads you to them.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Bussamove posted:

Go to the character screen, there’s an icon in the too right for each character that leads you to them.

Awesome. Got 24 fates.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Okay game calm down.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

So did most of the Albedo quest and did my banner pulls. Went into new banner with count at 60 and twenty pulls netted me Albedo, Sucrose C1, Bennett C1, and finally Fischl C6.

36 pulls on standard got me two blagh constellations and the Jade Spear. Any use for it if all I have is Xianling?

Likewise, is there a good guide for everything on the mountain event yet?

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

drat, the domain update dropping everything into your inventory is pretty loving rad

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Already ran into quite a few spots that drop trash artifacts. Hoping to god they respawn daily.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
With all the free acquaint fates I managed to pull Xingqiu, and, wow, Pyro is a pretty broken loving element isn't it?

Just by existing in my party at level 1 and popping out for a quarter second periodically XQ makes my Diluc 150% better. XQ in the party does more to increase Diluc's damage then the last three weeks of farming exp and artifacts for him.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

XQ is stupid-good with a pyro carry. With actual
levels he also puts out a good chunk of damage himself too with his Q!

He’s especially good with a sacrificial sword on him.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don't even bother running XQ with a pyro because actually getting the timing right to not have Hydro trigger is a massive headache. Instead he's part of my auto attack claymore/freeze group cuz hey more dmg is more dmg is more dmg!

nessin posted:

I might be burned out on this game so this may be moot, but I did manage to roll Albedo on the character banner after just 20 rolls (which itself was 20 rolls after my pity when I drew Childe). I wasn't planning on getting him, just saved up to try and get Fischl C6, which I didn't although I did get another Sucrose for her C1 and another Bennet for his C1. Anyways despite my maybe burnout from artifact grinding, what is Albedo meant to be? I ignored everything about him, as I said I wasn't planning on getting anywhere near the pity to get him, and looking at his skills he seems to be main DPS but scales off defense for his charge attack? Seems like you'd build him like a DPS Noelle only he's actually meant to do good DPS like a C6 Noelle from the start.

I would actually say Albedo seems most like a Geo XQ except the burst and ability are swapped. The defense thing isn't for his charge attack, its for a pulse on anything taking dmg in his ability circle. So he's just a constant effect of generating crystallizes. Also Albedo's cooldowns seem absolutely absurd.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Pulled Albedo with my pity, which was a bad thing because I was hoping to set up a guaranteed 5* later, but then I pulled Keqing 30 pulls later so it's all good. I also got a 5* weapon from the permanent banner using the new leveling orbs. Today's been good.

Edit: Unfortunately I only got one Fischl dupe which was kind of the main point of pulling though.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The 5* sword on the weapon banner is weird; it seems even less suitable for Albedo than the spear version is for Zhongli. Like, they're weapons that primarily benefit from someone being out and using them, but released alongside characters that are mostly support.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Well I got a C6 Fischl instead of a Bennett. I guess C6 4* characters are possible for F2P players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selane
May 19, 2006

You could use Albedo as a support if you wanted since his passive flowers do a lot of damage but he also does a ton of damage if you just keep him out.