Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

LobsterboyX posted:

Another one - a few months ago the HVA came out with a beautiful documentary on the Bob Hirohata Mercury, I was hooked, subscribe and give these great little films a look - I'm not in to muscle, but the story of this car is so special, and hits me really hard in the feels because of the father son connection..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd0io1zktqI

by the way, this was lovely, thanks for posting it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

LloydDobler posted:

On topic, from the Schadenfreude thread:

https://i.imgur.com/4h366JZ.mp4

That looks like the Car Wizard's dumb brother

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My brother brought one of those back from Korea. It wasn't that fast but it could haul rear end well enough.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Just found out about the new Com Truise album.

It's really good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oToD8Nnh0k

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Bajaha posted:

As lovely as 2020's been going for everyone, I have some good news to report!

I'll be joining the AI dad crew in summer 2021!

And they also just delivered the NotAWheelchair we ordered a few months back, can't wait to try it out but we got 10cm of snow last night and we'll be getting another 15-25cm tonight... So we might have to wait a bit before testing it out.

It's sooooo green!

Snow would seem an awesome test of it!
Congrats on dadness, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Humphreys posted:

Yep, Plex. I have lifetime plexpass which includes access to the plexamp for android. And my car has andriod-auto.

Neat. I'll have to look into that. Don't suppose they have something for i-Things? I'll look.

Darchangel posted:

The feed I used for the gauge inside the car does read about .9V low for some dumb reason. There was 11.9 at the starter. Jumping the start terminal from the battery feed resulted in cranking, so starter OK.
As noted, the battery goes flat very quickly if you don’t start the thing, but that’s not the issue here.

Anyone want to guess what the issue was?
You know what it was.

No takers?
Fine.

It cranked right up when I put it in park/neutral, other than the battery being a bit low form having the door open, and the ignition on for some time while testing.
In my wife's defense, she was distracted by my daughter, most likely, when they got back from shopping Sunday morning.

Gory details over in my thread.

Replacement bushings for the floppy rear control arm came in, so I guess I'll do those over Christmas weekend.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

slothrop posted:

Porchetta time bitches!

I'm feeling sorry for myself stuck in quarantine, hoping I get test results in time to see my family for Christmas.

So I made some quarantine pork.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Bajaha posted:

And they also just delivered the NotAWheelchair we ordered a few months back, can't wait to try it out but we got 10cm of snow last night and we'll be getting another 15-25cm tonight... So we might have to wait a bit before testing it out.

It's sooooo green!
Awesome my man, congrats to both of you!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bajaha posted:

It's sooooo green!

hell yeah welcome to the Certified Sexhaver Group :getin:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

How many kids do you have these days TT? And doggo update?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Bajaha posted:

It's sooooo green!

Good work on babby! When we moved into our home and got pregnant with our second I remember posting something to the effect of "Plumbing works in the new house!"

What is that green thing? I want to know more.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

Bajaha posted:

@mods please ban this person for having s*x (unironic congrats)

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Congrats on the piss stick boasting!

(Honest congratulations, I wish you all the best)

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Congrats Bajaha! Feel good story of the day.

There's gonna be a lot of COVID babies...

My wife started feeling like she had a cold on Saturday. Got COVID tested on Sunday. Positive result came back today. I'm getting tested now, just to confirm that I'm positive. I can't imagine I'm not, since we spend most of our time together.

gently caress. I'm asymptomatic, she's just congested and ran a 99.2° fever for the weekend, back to normal now.

I wish there was a way to know how we caught it. We're super careful, both work from home/alone. Only trips are groceries once every 3 weeks and a recent doctor's appointment for her.

Stay safe out there, folks. I lost a cousin a couple weeks ago out in Arizona.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Goober Peas posted:

How many kids do you have these days TT? And doggo update?

We have two, but we’re thinking about trying for a third sooner over later

Dozer is v good and seems to have leveled off at 110lbs, which means both of the kids love to crawl on him and he loves to give them kisses :3:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

sharkytm posted:

My wife started feeling like she had a cold on Saturday. Got COVID tested on Sunday. Positive result came back today. I'm getting tested now, just to confirm that I'm positive. I can't imagine I'm not, since we spend most of our time together.

gently caress. I'm asymptomatic, she's just congested and ran a 99.2° fever for the weekend, back to normal now.

I wish there was a way to know how we caught it. We're super careful, both work from home/alone. Only trips are groceries once every 3 weeks and a recent doctor's appointment for her.

Does anyone else use a covid exposure app? I know CT has one that I've been using. Supposed to let me know if I came within Bluetooth range of someone that's positive though it's only useful if everyone uses it. Curious if anyone here is aware of the apps and if your state has one

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

shy boy from chess club posted:

Does anyone else use a covid exposure app? I know CT has one that I've been using. Supposed to let me know if I came within Bluetooth range of someone that's positive though it's only useful if everyone uses it. Curious if anyone here is aware of the apps and if your state has one

I use the New York one. It's nicely designed, but not too useful since I haven't been outside of the apartment more than four or five times since the beginning of November.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Thanks all!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

What is that green thing? I want to know more.

The guy behind the JerryRigEverything YouTube channel partnered up with Utah Trikes and made a modified Quadra cycle without the cycle part and added a 1kw 48V motor to the thing. It looks pretty spiffy, max shows is supposedly 20kph, and should let my wife enjoy the outdoors more than she'd been able to so far.

https://youtu.be/vuMg0QwKAGI

sharkytm posted:

I bet, when you're stuck at home and there's not much else to entertain yourself with...

Does anyone else use a covid exposure app?

Been using the Health Canada Covid Alert app, so far it's unintrusive and no pings so hopefully it's working as intended.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

64bit_Dophins posted:

Just found out about the new Com Truise album.

It's really good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oToD8Nnh0k

Com Truise rules. Saw him live twice in the before times.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Bajaha posted:

It's sooooo green!

This guy fucks. Congratulations!!! Sweet deathkart too :D

sharkytm posted:

Ugh loving poo poo that sucks man. Sorry to hear. Could have been the doctor's appointment.

As for AZ... yeah I see why. Locals act like there is no virus at all. Its bad.

fwiw telling some rando without a mask that's trying to get closer than a grindr hookup that they're interacting with someone that might have covid stops em dead in their loving tracks. Like they've just pissed off momma bear stopped. They don't give a poo poo about other people's lives but when theirs get involved, the gears start to spin.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I'm still not convinced I didn't have it, given how many days I had symptoms. My director heard what happened and immediately prioritized me for vaccination. I'm still 50/50 - but I guess with the 2nd strain looming, I'll take my chances.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

CA enabled the one in iOS a few weeks back, that's the one wife and I are using.

No COVID babby for us, but my sister-in-law apparently got busy on her 3rd kid sometime around the first shelter-in-place.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Bajaha posted:

Have you ever had sex? I have, it felt great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o

Congrats, now you can raise your kid with AI.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

sharkytm posted:

We've been in this poo poo so long there's already covid babies.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

So, really, the only thing the preggers test reveals is that his *wife* had sex.
Just saying.
:P

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Bajaha posted:

The guy behind the JerryRigEverything YouTube channel partnered up with Utah Trikes and made a modified Quadra cycle without the cycle part and added a 1kw 48V motor to the thing. It looks pretty spiffy, max shows is supposedly 20kph, and should let my wife enjoy the outdoors more than she'd been able to so far.

https://youtu.be/vuMg0QwKAGI

This is really cool! Dude is in Utah. Utah has a hotbed of big YouTube people, kinda weird. That looks super fun.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Last day of work for the year, our robot cell has a turning unit for the workpieces that gets stuck half the time because the indexer for the workpieces is always off by a couple of degrees, so I'm hunched over in the cell pulling on the workpiece with my hands to make it snap into place in the turning unit. I suddenly notice the rinser/dryer on the other side of the cell has also stopped because of X, and if the piece is stuck in there for too long it'll rust and have to be discarded so I'm getting a bit stressed out because the turning unit is after the dryer in the chain so I have to get it running or the piece in the rinser will just be stuck there after I get it running anyway. Sweat is literally running down my forehead as I'm pulling on the motherfucker stuck in the turning unit and finally it snaps into place and I quickly stand up to get over to the dryer.

The parking position for the robot is right next to the turning unit, and after operating this piece of poo poo for almost two years I know this very well, but that doesn't stop me from pushing my head straight up into the robot arm at supersonic speed. I've never hit my head hard enough to get a blackout before, but here we are.

This POS is a prototype that after about 3 million $ and two years still isn't running right, but we get another one in January and I swear to loving god if it doesn't run any better I'm going to burn this poo poo to the ground.

Merry Christmas you loving animals.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

InitialDave posted:

We've been in this poo poo so long there's already covid babies.
Yeah, it's crazy.

cursedshitbox posted:

This guy fucks. Congratulations!!! Sweet deathkart too :D

Ugh loving poo poo that sucks man. Sorry to hear. Could have been the doctor's appointment.

As for AZ... yeah I see why. Locals act like there is no virus at all. Its bad.

fwiw telling some rando without a mask that's trying to get closer than a grindr hookup that they're interacting with someone that might have covid stops em dead in their loving tracks. Like they've just pissed off momma bear stopped. They don't give a poo poo about other people's lives but when theirs get involved, the gears start to spin.
Yeah. It was an important appointment, we couldn't skip it. Like... REALLY important. Bajaha-news important.

And yeah, my cousin, from what I hear, was living life as normal, trips all over, seeing family at every event, hanging out with other people regularly.

Bajaha posted:

Thanks all!]

I bet, when you're stuck at home and there's not much else to entertain yourself with...
Ayup. Know the feeling.

Nope. I bet I see fewer than 10 people a week aside from my mom and my wife. Probably should have...

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

slothrop posted:

Porchetta time bitches!

respect

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

sharkytm posted:

Nope. I bet I see fewer than 10 people a week aside from my mom and my wife. Probably should have...

You guys could have gotten it from a surface somewhere too. Glad to see other states have it and people are using them though. The more I read about the long term side effects the more I want to avoid it. Not like I wanted to get sick before but some of the after effects are downright terrifying.

I wonder if the UK super spreader special mutation has made it stateside yet. Of course we didn't close the borders down so we can try to put the toothpaste back into the tube once it's way too late, USA! USA!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It might well have done, as I understand it, it's not even necessarily originated in the UK, it's more we detected it first.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55413666

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Yeah there's zero chance it's not already in the states.

My youngest brothers girlfriend just tested positive and her two kids had a crappy weekend apparently. I'm really hoping he does ok, he's immunocompromised :ohdear:

So far I've been fine but I may have had it in February, I had a really lovely week and a half at one point. I dunno. Either way, I've been avoiding everyone as much as possible and wearing a mask and hope to get vaccinated as soon as possible, I'm tired of this poo poo. gently caress living during historic times, this sucks.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

kastein posted:

Yeah there's zero chance it's not already in the states.

My youngest brothers girlfriend just tested positive and her two kids had a crappy weekend apparently. I'm really hoping he does ok, he's immunocompromised :ohdear:

So far I've been fine but I may have had it in February, I had a really lovely week and a half at one point. I dunno. Either way, I've been avoiding everyone as much as possible and wearing a mask and hope to get vaccinated as soon as possible, I'm tired of this poo poo. gently caress living during historic times, this sucks.

Amen. I know lots of people who had a nasty respiratory illness in January or February. One traveled from the west coast to New York, another works retail in Connecticut.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Stepdad found out he has skin cancer in two spots. Goes under the knife sometime soon. One of the locations is on an earlobe? so there's gonna be some reconstruction.

Why don't we have a gently caress 2020 smile yet?

e: speaking of gently caress 2020... nearly 1,800 new COVID cases in the Austin metro area today. That number was only eclipsed on December 1st (roughly 2k). My employer grants all vacation time and company holidays (plus a handful of personal days) on the first pay cycle of the year, I think I'm gonna take a couple of weeks off in early January. Sick time accrues through the year based on hours worked, so I still have a cushion if I wind up calling in sick here and there. I have 3 days of holiday pay that's gonna roll over into next year too.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 23, 2020

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Jesus, the whole state of Oregon had fewer than that today. I just want my 83 yr old dad to get vaccinated. We live in a low covid area and have been fine so far, but that can all change in a minute.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Well after 2 years of being berated and busting my arse all day, a shoulder bursitis and basically being lied to about my job, I got some good news today. Got to tell my current department to go sit on a dick for 6 months while I go off and play being a ranger for the forestry corporation here in South Aus!

Start early next year. Gonna be a great new adventure.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Ferremit posted:

Well after 2 years of being berated and busting my arse all day, a shoulder bursitis and basically being lied to about my job, I got some good news today. Got to tell my current department to go sit on a dick for 6 months while I go off and play being a ranger for the forestry corporation here in South Aus!

Start early next year. Gonna be a great new adventure.

I don’t fully understand all those words, but I do understand that you’ve had a bit of a rough Q4 and I’m happy to hear that things are moving in the right direction for you. :)

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

slothrop posted:

Porchetta time bitches!

Looks amazing. Smaller scale, but I got some pata negra pork rack, it's incredibly tasty. Kind of halfway between pork and beef in flavour intensity.

Also I got one of my nieces a remote control monster van. I thought these were incredibly cool in the late 80s.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

STR posted:

Stepdad found out he has skin cancer in two spots. Goes under the knife sometime soon. One of the locations is on an earlobe? so there's gonna be some reconstruction.

Why don't we have a gently caress 2020 smile yet?

e: speaking of gently caress 2020... nearly 1,800 new COVID cases in the Austin metro area today. That number was only eclipsed on December 1st (roughly 2k). My employer grants all vacation time and company holidays (plus a handful of personal days) on the first pay cycle of the year, I think I'm gonna take a couple of weeks off in early January. Sick time accrues through the year based on hours worked, so I still have a cushion if I wind up calling in sick here and there. I have 3 days of holiday pay that's gonna roll over into next year too.

I'll make a note to add him to my morning prayers. I'm not religious but it's something I do as part of my sobriety program.

As an update to my post in the SS thread (for those who didn't see it, the apartment building right next to mine burnt down the other night. Here's what's left of it. The building off to the left in the photo is my apartment building.

For those who did not see my other post, this is what the fire looked like when it was raging.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

gently caress there's nothing left, everyone get out okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

64bit_Dophins posted:

I'll make a note to add him to my morning prayers. I'm not religious but it's something I do as part of my sobriety program.

As an update to my post in the SS thread (for those who didn't see it, the apartment building right next to mine burnt down the other night. Here's what's left of it. The building off to the left in the photo is my apartment building.

For those who did not see my other post, this is what the fire looked like when it was raging.

Woof. That's too close for comfort. Any damage to your place?

And congrats on getting sober. It's a tough road. You don't need to be religious to send good thoughts to people.

STR, that sucks. Good news is they they've gotten really good at removing and reconstructing skin cancer. My MiL has had 6? surgeries to remove skin cancer, including one tumor that had grown tendrils half across her face. Other than some redness, you'd never know if you looked at her. I mean, she's no model, but she doesn't look like Frankenstein's monster.