Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Pater homo, quid quid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RustyKnight posted:

tag self, I'm the "I made bread"

"If anyone does not believe in Venus, they should gaze at my girlfriend." :raise:
Is this guy trying to get his girlfriend cursed? I'm no expert, but comparing your mortal lover to a goddess seems like the way you get your girlfriend cursed.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

TK-42-1 posted:

I like the one that’s basically “i’m gay”

posting that reaches out through history to touch the modern man

Roman Centurion hops off a low stone wall and says: " Goodbye, Wondrous Femininity!"

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Yeah, skeletons are weak to bludgeoning damage.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TK-42-1 posted:

I like the one that’s basically “i’m gay”

None of them are basically "I'm gay". The concept as such didn't really exist.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 19:59 on Dec 23, 2020

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Facebook Aunt posted:

"If anyone does not believe in Venus, they should gaze at my girlfriend." :raise:
Is this guy trying to get his girlfriend cursed? I'm no expert, but comparing your mortal lover to a goddess seems like the way you get your girlfriend cursed.

Could be a long shot attempt to have Venus herself allow him to make the comparison. You never know with these immortals.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's kinda like the monkey's paw version of "I'd like my girlfriend's beauty still to be talked about in ~2000 years".

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well we're talking about it, so I guess he succeeded there.

I love those old graffiti messages, it's too bad so many have been lost to the ravages of time. I mean this provincial graffiti, imagine what kind of game they had in Rome.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

No and he's wondering when the drat archaeologists are going to move the rock so he can get on with his life.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

This guy has 100% seen every episode multiple times over.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Kwyndig posted:

Well we're talking about it, so I guess he succeeded there.

I love those old graffiti messages, it's too bad so many have been lost to the ravages of time. I mean this provincial graffiti, imagine what kind of game they had in Rome.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Maybe but I want to believe

There absolutely are enough memes to piece it together if you are an extreme tumblrerer

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

mdemone posted:

Pater homo, quid quid

I like this one, but of course 'homo' just means 'man'. Latin had no word for homosexual, they saw sexual proclivities as either penetrating of being penetrated irrespective of gender, though, since women were usually the, uh, penetratees, for a man to enjoy being penetrated was considered slightly shameful - penetrating other dudes, less so.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I figured out Jon Snow's parentage via memes. I also read the books and posted about it extensively on the internet, but it was the memes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

In hindsight I wished I had emailed Gurm to tell him I figured out Jon's parents so I could have headed up the TV show.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Pope Hilarius II posted:

I like this one, but of course 'homo' just means 'man'. Latin had no word for homosexual, they saw sexual proclivities as either penetrating of being penetrated irrespective of gender, though, since women were usually the, uh, penetratees, for a man to enjoy being penetrated was considered slightly shameful - penetrating other dudes, less so.

Explain the stigma on docking plz.

Does use of a strapon raise ones social standing?

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

If you're willing to trust me, a stranger on the internet, I can say that I've never seen a single episode and could have written about 80% of that.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Outrail posted:

Explain the stigma on docking plz.

Ding dongs are already pretty silly looking when you're not sex-drunk; when you link two of them together like segments of Popoid it's goes past funny to harrowing.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Does he look like this?

Or this?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
the second one, but balder. Was about to add a bunch of other adjectives but remembered he was an officer so he gets all the good benefits and stuff after he retires

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I'm 6'1" ~210 and I look far more like the second one, except my arms are smaller. I don't think either of them could be 190 to be honest

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
yeah, even young jacked Guile wouldn't have been 191 lbs, that'd be 210 at absolute minimum, probably close to 230

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
It's Japan, those are metric pounds.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Blood type: Zero

E: "My blood! He punched out all my blood!"

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 23:59 on Dec 23, 2020

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Facebook Aunt posted:

His girlfriend is so hot that Venus would obviously be flattered. Arguably since Venus is the goddess of beauty a really smoking hot babe is in a way a manifestation of Venus.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

yeah, even young jacked Guile wouldn't have been 191 lbs, that'd be 210 at absolute minimum, probably close to 230

The numbers are all hosed up in lots of those, Ryu is supposed to be 5'10" 150.

This guy is the first image result if you google "5'10" 150lbs".

This is Ryu

He's either 5'10" ~230, or 4'6" 150.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

His girlfriend is so hot that Venus would obviously be flattered. Arguably since Venus is the goddess of beauty a really smoking hot babe is in a way a manifestation of Venus.

This is the exact opposite of how gods work(ed). If someone was really hot, the goddess of hotness would most likely turn them into a dead hedgehog or something, or remove their internal organs, or both.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

FreudianSlippers posted:

Yeah, but in Greek mythology if you say poo poo like that you get raped by Poseidon, turned into a spider, given a headful of snakes, etc.

I guess Romans just did not give a single gently caress.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Yeah, but in Greek mythology if you say poo poo like that you get raped by Poseidon, turned into a spider, given a headful of snakes, etc.

I guess Romans just did not give a single gently caress.

Maybe some genius figured out gods are bullshit.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

r/atheism: if hubris is real then turn my hot girlfriend into a pig.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The gods aren't omniscent. They're not gonna see the graffiti unless they happen to hanging around Pompeii which is pretty unlikely.

Except

poo poo

What if the eruption was Venus slipping Vulcan a few denarii to punish the mortals for the hubris because the girlfriend was at best a 7?

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 00:31 on Dec 24, 2020

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

The gods aren't omnipotent. They're not gonna see the graffiti

I think you mean omniscient.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

yes but it's Saturnalia so I´ve had a few.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

RCarr posted:

Maybe some genius figured out gods are bullshit.

The Virgin Greek vs The Chad Italian

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

FreudianSlippers posted:

The gods aren't omniscent. They're not gonna see the graffiti unless they happen to hanging around Pompeii which is pretty unlikely.

Except

poo poo

What if the eruption was Venus slipping Vulcan a few denarii to punish the mortals for the hubris because the girlfriend was at best a 7?

What does Vulcan, a dude who can magic metal out of thin air, want with a couple lousy human coins?

Pretty sure in keeping with the theme, Venus would have paid him in favours. Made him good looking for a day so he could go bang mortal women or something.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Well Venus and Vulcan are married IIRC so maybe she just promised to sleep with him for once.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I thought Venus was with Mars?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Memento posted:

I thought Venus was with Mars?

Let me guess, Mars told you that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU