Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm just going to pretend offloading my VV set from Sucrose to Venti wouldn't be a better value and enjoy her popping off 10k crit Es

my EM share is only like 100 or something though which is pretty sad :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mailer posted:

Down to needing 11 fragments and the last quest requiring THAT challenge. I absolutely cannot find the drat seelie that warms up the final spawn. This is going to consume my life.

Edit: Found the breakable rock wall just after posting. Bitching works!

Ok I've got the weapon and all the ascension mats and all the supports and nearly all the artifacts up and I'll get Bennet and he'll be my second carry...

Game: Here's Keqing, jackass.

You can definitely do that challenge fight without the seelies. (I did!)
The maximum Sheer Cold debuff doesn't do that much damage... it's enough to stop you from exploring without a source of warmth, but if you have a half-decent healer you can fight with it on just fine. If for some reason you don't have a decent healer... you can always stuff your face with mushroom pizzas.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
My primary computer isn't available right now so my only option is to play Genshin at a crappy ping on my phone, which is okay for dailies and such but miserable for Dragonspine. Do we know any event details for how much I might be missing out on if I wait until the 28th or so to start working on the actual event stuff?

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mistikman posted:

I spent a lot more time than I was happy with running around beaches trying to catch crabs.

Wasn't that the best part of the game?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Well, I don't even have venti, so it's a bit moot, but I'll give her a shot.
Well yes, the other big difference is Sucrose is attainable and Venti isn't (for now; if he really is being rerun in 1.4 or thereabouts then he might be worth saving for). Just understand that without C1 and Sacrificial Fragments she'll have pretty rough energy issues and you'll need to figure out some way to keep her going. You might end up settling for an Energy Recharge Sands, or running something like Favonius Codex (which sucks as she really wants the EM but you gotta do what you gotta do).

She'll still carry the VV set and do the resistance shredding tasks, and her A2 gives 50 EM to everyone when she Swirls regardless of how much EM she has. 50 isn't much but it's extra damage.

dogsicle posted:

i'm just going to pretend offloading my VV set from Sucrose to Venti wouldn't be a better value and enjoy her popping off 10k crit Es

my EM share is only like 100 or something though which is pretty sad :(
Yeah I have 2/3 EM slots on Sucrose and I think your best bet is stacking that to 600+ and relying on the Swirl damage and infusion damage over trying to make the Anemo hits themselves pop. That works for Venti -- and in fact my lv80 Venti Swirls for about the same or less than my lv60 550 EM Sucrose, which is not very impressive considering how much level matters to the formula -- but Venti's multipliers are so stupidly high that his damage is more than adequate to utilize Crit and Anemo% stats. I'd just build him as a sub-carry. You can do the same with Sucrose and if she's C3/5 she at least has the bump of +3 to her skills, but Venti's poo poo is just pushed to hell.

If you can use either of Venti or Sucrose you absolutely should though. VV shredding and grouping/infusion is so powerful that they can do amazing work for any team just holding a 4pc +0 VV set. Sucrose can be helpful with no investment at all, but she becomes legitimately comparable to C0 Venti in some ways with decent investment and constellations. Basically she needs to EM stack so she can share damage with your main carries to make up for the damage loss compared to running Venti. I think with enough EM and C6 she can do it, or at least do well enough that it's worth considering her intangibles (like burst particle generation and not pulling enemies out of melee range).

Nakar fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 24, 2020

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I got a bunch of Sucroses from the permanent banner somehow so I'm going to start investing a team that looks like Xingqiu, Chongyun, Sucrose + additional greatsword user (probably Xinyan). The idea here is that Xingqiu's perma wet application and Chogyun's cryo applications will allow me to constantly shatter with Chongyun or Xinyan and Sucrose can buff up the party EM to make those shatter hits work.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I just got Keqing. How would you rate her out of the other five stars? (My others are Jean and Childe).

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

theblackw0lf posted:

I just got Keqing. How would you rate her out of the other five stars? (My others are Jean and Childe).

Fun out of Five. The best part is how sustainable the BP sword makes her, she can stay on the field obscene amount of time using shield from support, her invincibility frames (dashing, skill teleport, burst) and little heals here and there.

And it's just joy to see her whirling around. If you enjoy dancing type of combat (instead of more static claymore stuff), she's for you.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

shimmy shimmy posted:

My primary computer isn't available right now so my only option is to play Genshin at a crappy ping on my phone, which is okay for dailies and such but miserable for Dragonspine. Do we know any event details for how much I might be missing out on if I wait until the 28th or so to start working on the actual event stuff?
You can see the details on the event from this post on Mihoyo's website.

The event has 4 'acts', and act 3 starts on the 28th. So act 3 and 4 you definitely won't miss.

Act 1 right now is just quests and some minor non-timed challenges that you'll easily be able to do before the event ends.
Act 2 looks like it will be some kind of repeatable event for currency, like the meteor event, so you might miss out on some time to play it.
But Mihoyo said the events this time around wouldn't cost resin so you will probably be able to freely grind to get everything even if you start late.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Hyper Inferno posted:

I got a bunch of Sucroses from the permanent banner somehow so I'm going to start investing a team that looks like Xingqiu, Chongyun, Sucrose + additional greatsword user (probably Xinyan). The idea here is that Xingqiu's perma wet application and Chogyun's cryo applications will allow me to constantly shatter with Chongyun or Xinyan and Sucrose can buff up the party EM to make those shatter hits work.

Diona for Cryo resonance, shield, healing, and bow for those occasional headshots!

This has been my main squad for for however long Diona's been available (and before that I still used the other three+Kaeya). It trivializes like 95% of the content in the game, and the rest is poo poo where they just throw Cryo slimes and Abyss mages at you.

https://i.imgur.com/Ox9pnMu.mp4

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can see the details on the event from this post on Mihoyo's website.

The event has 4 'acts', and act 3 starts on the 28th. So act 3 and 4 you definitely won't miss.

Act 1 right now is just quests and some minor non-timed challenges that you'll easily be able to do before the event ends.
Act 2 looks like it will be some kind of repeatable event for currency, like the meteor event, so you might miss out on some time to play it.
But Mihoyo said the events this time around wouldn't cost resin so you will probably be able to freely grind to get everything even if you start late.

Great, thanks! Was looking around for this but kept finding the actual patch notes instead. Going to hold off until I can actually enjoy the new content then

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i dunno what they did in this patch but now whenever i load into an area, there's a fairly good chance that anything except for the ground-level ground won't load in properly and i'll just clip through it. this includes mountains, hills, bridges, etc. it's happening in single player, co-op, hosting, client-side... it's difficult.

e: but if you ever wanted to see stone gate from the inside of stone gate,

e2: also for wei hunters, the windrise spawn has changed slightly and he is (can be?) on the opposite side of the tree from where he used to spawn pre patch

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Dec 24, 2020

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
If miHoYo thinks I'm gonna use the freebie spear prototype from leveling up the Frostbearing Tree on making the spear for the new quest instead of on refining my Crescent Pike, they've got another think coming. :colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So as I was taking this picture, I thought about it a bit. The Moment of Syzygy event is just showing rewards for going from abyss level 1 to 8 isn't it? I thought it was going to give out 2400 primogems if you had beaten level 8. Am I right?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I got to the ice activators with the disabled ruin hunters but didn't have any ice guys on my team, so I pulled out my explore team at about level 40 or so consisting of Amber, Lisa, Kenya (whatever the ice guy is called) and Geo traveler and then everything popped off and seeing "you can't change party now" made me sad.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Just realized that another fun part about running double Geo in Dragonspine is that I get to do the story quest as the actual MC. Which means...

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

gandlethorpe posted:

Just realized that another fun part about running double Geo in Dragonspine is that I get to do the story quest as the actual MC. Which means...

I'd ship it

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Finally started the Dragonspine stuff. This game has such an amazing soundtrack, and it's also a lot of fun exploring such a different environment. Makes me really excited to see what they do with future zones.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

So as I was taking this picture, I thought about it a bit. The Moment of Syzygy event is just showing rewards for going from abyss level 1 to 8 isn't it? I thought it was going to give out 2400 primogems if you had beaten level 8. Am I right?

You are correct.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The maximum Sheer Cold debuff doesn't do that much damage... it's enough to stop you from exploring without a source of warmth, but if you have a half-decent healer you can fight with it on just fine. If for some reason you don't have a decent healer... you can always stuff your face with mushroom pizzas.

Benny did his best, but at WL6 I just couldn't chase all the eternally-backing-away-into-terrain enemies down while also healing. You need to find the hidden seelie to find the last red rock anyway.

That's been a running theme the entire area. Guys getting dunked off cliffs to respawn at full health then immediately back towards the cliff again, backing up against cliffs so they're unreachable, dark souls 2 lazy susan upgrades on the big hillichurls and new robots... just a positioning nightmare. Really wish I had a VV set to give Sucrose just so I could pull them back in. Was not prepared to simultaneously grind up two new characters. :/

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

gandlethorpe posted:

Diona for Cryo resonance, shield, healing, and bow for those occasional headshots!

This has been my main squad for for however long Diona's been available (and before that I still used the other three+Kaeya). It trivializes like 95% of the content in the game, and the rest is poo poo where they just throw Cryo slimes and Abyss mages at you.

Sounds like a good idea. This is a B team that I'll probably use for dailies or exploring when I just want a change of pace. I have a guaranteed on banner pity for my next 5* character so I think I'll use Ganyu instead of Diona. 3 weeks worth of resin building this team up should be enough.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

This is a lucky rear end banner, feels like. I got albedo, 3 sucrose, 2 bennett, fish and a surprise Diluc in 70 rolls.

I know y'all hate him but that brings my Diluc to c1 and he's cute and my main dps so I'm extremely tickled

Ditto. I got Albedo, Sucrose, two Bennett's, and a Fischl in like 41 rolls. Hilariously, as soon as I dumped all my books into leveling up Sucrose Albedo dropped on a 10 pull I decided to do. Then I got a Skyward Atlas from the free pulls.

Speaking of which, what's the consensus on Albedo? Good or bad? Also, is his C2 worth whaling to get? It looks...Kind of insanely powerful at first glance. 30% damage buff stacks 4x via def seems insane.

Also, the new mobs are amazing. The robot literally fires a death ray at you and has multiple weak spots that have be taken down piece by piece. Ditto for the the frost lavachurl, which is absurdly hard to damage due to the new attack pattern. The only downside to them is that they're making me wish I had Klee to drop those ice shields quickly. :argh:

On top of that the hidden Boar King was hilarious. I saw these special boars, harvested them all, and then got promptly yeeted into a corner by this gigantic rear end boar boss out of nowhere looking to avenge his smaller brethren. Worst part is that there's no way to get heat back if you move that Seelie down to it's proper spot without resetting the boss. So it was fun trying to survive it going all RAMMING SPEED on you while you freeze.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Dec 24, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Albedo's C2 is worded (or translated?) really poorly.
The damage buff only applies to his next ult.

Not worth whaling for, especially since his ult only scales off of attack but his blossoms only scale off of defence, so if you build for blossom damage the ult will be weak.

e: whoops I reread the C2 description and it specifically does scale off def.
That's somehow even dumber
so his ult and skill scale off of different stats and can't both be strong at the same time, UNLESS you have C2...

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Dec 24, 2020

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Well then. The standard banner blessed me after all.

Also this means I own every single currently released Hydro character. 4 Hydro Comp Go?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

You are correct.

Ah, well then.

At least I don't feel like I have to panic about getting through the abyss quickly.

So I've got two 5* Archaic Petra flowers for Ningguang and I'm not sure if I should switch or not, does anyone feel like there's a difference for them?

+16
HP+ 15.2
Energy Recharge 4.5
Crit DMG 5.4
ATK 31

Def 6.6
Elemental Mastery 23
Crit DMG 5.4

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Dang, that sucks. He seems like he'd be an excellent energy generator if he doesn't have lovely energy gen issues like Zhongli does. Having a geo hit proc every attack would be great if it gave particles.

Also, for those that don't know there might be a new bunker in Dragonspine. It's got five or so artifact pick ups. If it respawns then that's 10 quick artifact interactables per day. :unsmigghh:

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

So I’m seeing all these pictures of people high up and seeing the ground visible, yet every time I’m high up the ground is obscured by I’m guessing a thick cloud formation of atmosphere maybe?

How can I make it so I can see the ground for miles away when I’m super high up?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

theblackw0lf posted:

So I’m seeing all these pictures of people high up and seeing the ground visible, yet every time I’m high up the ground is obscured by I’m guessing a thick cloud formation of atmosphere maybe?

How can I make it so I can see the ground for miles away when I’m super high up?

I believe the cloud cover is only there if you are extremely high up. Like, ludicrously high up. It was like that when I was at the very top of Dragonspine last night.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
between scaramouche and now the summit of dragonspire, it looks like the metaplot hints are going to be doled out pretty regularly. The shattered pillar matches up with the ones on the loading screen, so that ties "the sky is fake" pretty nicely with the whole 'loading screen matches real world time vs teyvat accelerated time' Guess the whole fatui gathering power thing will be to somehow invade there eventually? :shrug: Be interesting to see what's up with the floating mass the camera zoomed in on at the end that we've seen in they sky for a long time now.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Avynte posted:

between scaramouche and now the summit of dragonspire, it looks like the metaplot hints are going to be doled out pretty regularly. The shattered pillar matches up with the ones on the loading screen, so that ties "the sky is fake" pretty nicely with the whole 'loading screen matches real world time vs teyvat accelerated time' Guess the whole fatui gathering power thing will be to somehow invade there eventually? :shrug: Be interesting to see what's up with the floating mass the camera zoomed in on at the end that we've seen in they sky for a long time now.

Watch the opening scene of the game again the pillars they are surrounded by look the same. Guessing that’s the floating island we see

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Ah, well then.

At least I don't feel like I have to panic about getting through the abyss quickly.

So I've got two 5* Archaic Petra flowers for Ningguang and I'm not sure if I should switch or not, does anyone feel like there's a difference for them?

+16
HP+ 15.2
Energy Recharge 4.5
Crit DMG 5.4
ATK 31

Def 6.6
Elemental Mastery 23
Crit DMG 5.4

I'd raise the bottom one to +4 just to see if it rolls Crit% or Atk%. I don't think there will be a huge difference unless you have really incredible luck with the levelups though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What does c2 fish want

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

https://i.imgur.com/Ox9pnMu.mp4

is that a serpent spine on your chong?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

theblackw0lf posted:

Watch the opening scene of the game again the pillars they are surrounded by look the same. Guessing that’s the floating island we see

Kind of interested in checking this out now.

Also, the new Cicin doesn't appear to be Honkified like the electro one is. Though it may be that the colors of the region are making it harder to notice any zombie-ish grey skin. On top of that the upper body is more covered, so I can't easily tell if there's something on their back like how the Cicin Electro mages had. So maybe something else might be going on with them?

I'm also amused that they somehow managed to make the Cicin outfit even more stripperific what with the cutout skintight bodysuit and all. At this rate i'm going to assume any thirsty female NPC is secretly a Cicin mage. :v:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Dec 24, 2020

kater
Nov 16, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Also this means I own every single currently released Hydro character. 4 Hydro Comp Go?

I did some cryo puzzle as Diona and was thinking how silly it'd be to have things you can do with 4 bow different elemental users, but Tarty being the only water bow would make it weird.

Does the game even have water puzzles?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
There is a single hydro totem I'm aware of in the game. It's underwater and unmarked.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

RareAcumen posted:

Ah, well then.

+16
HP+ 15.2
Energy Recharge 4.5
Crit DMG 5.4
ATK 31

Def 6.6
Elemental Mastery 23
Crit DMG 5.4

If you really want to spend the artifacts on the merge, get the 0 flower up to 4, see if it rolls something good (percentage-based) for its last substat. Though if you can I'd try to hold out for a 5* that starts with 4 substats already. There's some variance there - some "4+" ones will start with 3 substats, and there are "5+" ones that start with 4. They even sort higher when you're sorting by level.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

kater posted:

I did some cryo puzzle as Diona and was thinking how silly it'd be to have things you can do with 4 bow different elemental users, but Tarty being the only water bow would make it weird.

Does the game even have water puzzles?

No, because there's no guaranteed hydro unit (it's the only missing element, other than dendro of course).

edit: I guess that's wrong, Barbara is guaranteed!

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Ashenai posted:

No, because there's no guaranteed hydro unit (it's the only missing element, other than dendro of course).

edit: I guess that's wrong, Barbara is guaranteed!

Ohhh yeah that is a good point. Well Barbara is guaranteed now, but not when the game was released when they made all these puzzles (well she was in a limited event). So they'll prob include some in the next area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm glad they've cratered the health of the training dummies. Today I had one that was two groups of three. I think I might have been able to get them both with Lisa, but the aim just wasn't there, so I lined up one and then blew out the other with Kaeya. I don't fancy setting that one up to last-hit through trial and error.