Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Albedo is a plant or some poo poo no one taught him alchemy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

So I finally reached the mountain summit! That whole process was neat. This zone has dramatically better puzzles than previous zones.

If you don't mean the pillar then congrats on further content.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I unexpectedly pulled Jean (from event banner)... the only standard 5* I wanted more than Albedo! I guess the proper thing to do is give Rancour to Bennett, let Jean have Desire, and try to find some ER substats to help out with the ER watch on Bennett.

This will be my tenth level 70 character and none of those 10 characters are Geo. The next floor 12 may be a little difficult.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 26, 2020

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

kater posted:

My complaint is that I didn’t find any particularly noteworthy miniboss fights in Dragonspine. Things like the triple mages or 4x ruiners that are memorable and worth farming. Also not nearly enough ore. Like I didn’t find anything worth going back for.

Granted I wasn’t even attempting to pay attention to that while hoovering up the loot but still.

There are some pretty good fights on Dragonspine but they're not really farmable. The 2x ruin/2x ruin but it's a snowstorm and you don't control the hot spots/1x grater combination and the big challenge inside the mountain to unlock the frost spot were pretty memorable, but I can't really go back for either one of them.

Some other observations on the new weapons: is the icicle from the frost greatsword cryo element or just physical? I picked it up the day after the domain was live so I'm short on ascension mats. And Jean's ult looks fuckin' sinister with that Durin sword. Showing up to fight Stormterror with it all "too soon?"

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

kater posted:

Albedo is a plant or some poo poo no one taught him alchemy

Nope. He's almost certainly a Khaenr'iah homunculus. Possibly even one shaped after the male traveler or Dainsleif, if you believe some of the hints and don't think they're red herrings. This is part of the reason why he makes that comment about destroying Monstadt, most likely. Since Gold (An alchemist that did some...very bad things... in the ancient past. He may be responsible for some sort of Honkai infection or maybe even the Hilichurls themselves.) did just that in the past. Likewise, Khemia is outright said to be able to be used to create monstrosities like Durin, Albedo learned Khemia from the woman he says was his master, and his story text heavy implies that he has no birth family but for reasons of his preference he thinks of the woman who taught him as his mother.

Basically, full on Full Metal Alchemist with his backstory. There's....Honestly a gently caress ton of lore behind him and where he's possibly going. "Chalk chases Gold" may very well imply that Albedo could be one of the potential harbringers of a new apocalyptic calamity amongst a host of other things. Like the reference to real world alchemy and the possible implication that Rhinedottir is obsessed with Nigredo (Decay and decomposition, along with the reduction of things to a fundamental state. See all that stuff about various characters wanting to burn the old world away and how real world alchemists preferred to use the concept of Nigredo for why that's disturbing.) and all that may come with that. And that's before you get into the really deep parts of his lore.

His master's name is Rhinedottir. She was the one who taught him alchemy. It's also yet another hint which implies that Khaenri'ah (or however it's spelled) is a Norwegian area. It's also underneath Teyvat and is close to (or possibly is) the Abyss. In addition to that, the people of this country were cursed after the death of their line of kings and some other events and are being turned into monsters. If the story about the Moonlight Forest is related then there's a small community of survivors in the Abyss, and the domains are probably just whatever devastation Celestia let loose on them. This coincides with other lore, like the woman that Tartaglia met that trained him into becoming so bloodthirsty was named Skirk.

It's heavily implied by the way that Celestia are really loving corrupt. Like, genocidally so. If we take the story of that one injustice hating knight to mean that he went to dragonspine, witnessed the "ultimate injustice" in the form of the ancient civilization being slaughtered for illegitimate reasons before dying in battle (and somehow appearing in the underworld/abyss afterwards), before deciding to sign up with the Abyss Order to get revenge for that injustice then Khaenr'iah are probably former rebels against Celestia that have gone a bit...dark...

Of course this raises even more questions. For one, just what the gently caress happens to people that die in Teyvat that they appear underground? Are they just simulations or artificially created or something and can be remade at will? Or is some weird time/sea of quanta type stuff going on?

I should point out that this follows Dainsleif's prophecy. Which implies that this may be some sort of time loop sort of situation, and that the Travelers have done this many times before. Given the fact that Khaenr'iah can create life and may be associated with a hidden time element (It'd probably be Chrono, if so.) it's possible that this version of Teyvat is on track to being annhilated. Though there's a lot of room for this to be a red herring.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 27, 2020

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.
Anyone able to give me some tips on team building? I pushed up my world level prematurely, so now I'm struggling against bosses to get materials to level, so I need to focus on a team who will be... good, for lsl of a better word.

Currently I'm running Traveller, Fischl, Xiangling, and Qiqi, McIntyre because they're my only levelled characters (Traveller is 80, everyone else 60).

All 5*s are C0 except for Childr, who is C1 since he came, then 6 singles later, came again.

Not shown, Amber.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Ezelek posted:

Anyone able to give me some tips on team building? I pushed up my world level prematurely, so now I'm struggling against bosses to get materials to level, so I need to focus on a team who will be... good, for lsl of a better word.

Currently I'm running Traveller, Fischl, Xiangling, and Qiqi, McIntyre because they're my only levelled characters (Traveller is 80, everyone else 60).

All 5*s are C0 except for Childr, who is C1 since he came, then 6 singles later, came again.

Not shown, Amber.

You have a lot of great support characters. Bennett and Xingqiu are S-tier, Diona is up there, too. Xiangling and Fischl are great since they provide turrets. C1 Childe is a good DPS. Razor would be your other usual DPS, though Kaeya, Chongyun, and Jean are also decent in the role.

The team you're using is actually very good. I would look at artifact and talent levels if you feel like you're not hitting hard enough with it.

Edit: And uncap Xianling, Fischl, and Qiqi if they're at 60/60, so you can level their talents to 6.

MajorBonnet fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 26, 2020

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Has Dansleif been mentioned in the game or just outside game content?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

theblackw0lf posted:

Has Dansleif been mentioned in the game or just outside game content?

He was teased as a future playable character in the release stream, beyond that there is little or nothing beyond speculation AFAIK. One of Jean's profile texts mentions "the heroic king of Khaenri'ah" and that's probably him, but he's never mentioned by name.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 27, 2020

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

theblackw0lf posted:

For those, like me, who love digging into Genshin Impact's lore, the wiki has this really great timeline pieced together by all the books, dialog, and item descriptions found in the game. What's great is they footnote all these at the bottom with links to the actual content the info was taken from, so you can just scroll to the bottom and explore the content and try to piece together the timeline yourself. (though right now it's missing a lot of info from Dragonspine).

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline

Also, in discussion of lore and story spoilers, I think it would be good to distinguish spoiler content that comes from the game itself, and spoiler content that comes outside the game (trailers, manga, Honkai Impact, etc..) For example, there was a story trailer for Genshin Impact that I quickly turned off as it was literally describing the plot for each major chapter coming up. So that's the type spoiler content I want to avoid. However I'm happy to explore spoiler speculation that comes from what we find in the game itself. Even the timeline I reference above uses stuff from the manga so I averted my eyes to that information.

I started an alt account today just to slowly pay more attention to how the game starts, I gave 0 poo poo about it on my first Genshin account because I had no idea the game was so surprisingly lore-heavy

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

the background while you're still in no-Constellation is kinda pretty, stars of various colors shimering around, wish there was a way to put that for the protagonist in some way again

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

frajaq posted:

I started an alt account today just to slowly pay more attention to how the game starts, I gave 0 poo poo about it on my first Genshin account because I had no idea the game was so surprisingly lore-heavy

Yea I went back and watched a video walkthrough of someone starting the game for that same reason.

Thank god for the travel log in archive that has all the dialog from past archon and story quests. (Also the wiki linked above has all the dialog as well, including world quests.)

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 27, 2020

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Ezelek posted:

Not shown, Amber.

I have to know what "McIntyre" was corrected from.

Anyway, what bosses are you having trouble with? Most of them it's just knowing how to fight them rather than any particular pile of numbers. I could see that dedicated team having trouble against the Pyro Regisvine because it's extremely vulnerable to Hydro in its cores and kind of a danger without, but you don't even need a leveled Barbara to spit that out - you can just pop the melody loop and give it a hug with someone else, or maybe just hide her behind a big beefy flower. Similarly the Cryo Regisvine can be a bit difficult without an Amber to pinpoint the cores with, since Guoba does his best but that fat bastard can't aim for poo poo sometimes.

A lot of people have trouble with Oceanid, but the F2P Knights of Favonius (Noelle, Kaeya, Amber, Lisa) can just dominate that. Baron Bunny distracts everyone, Lisa fullcharges an E to take out the weaklings with insane reaction damage, Kaeya has a quickfire freeze to buy yourself some time, and when his ult is up you can tap that and swap over to Noelle's breastplate for sustain and damage as you shatter and re-freeze everything. I'm going to have to see how the Prinzessin does one of these days, run over to the corner when I see an illusion spawn there for some bird-on-bird violence, but I always thought that Oz's shots had a cooldown before they retriggered a reaction.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I got my first 5* weapon today from a free standard pull!

This is totally for Ning right? I can’t see who else would really use it.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Would be amazing on Klee, though that's obviously not an option for a lot of people. I am envious.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

It'd be pretty good on mona too, though the ability doesn't synergize as nicely. Crit rate is always a good stat, as is star base attack.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tsyni posted:

Would be amazing on Klee, though that's obviously not an option for a lot of people. I am envious.

It would be amazing on Klee, yeah. As someone whose mains are Ningguang and Klee a single tear just slid down my cheek.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Bussamove posted:

It would be amazing on Klee, yeah. As someone whose mains are Ningguang and Klee a single tear just slid down my cheek.

I'm really close to pity on standard and I am praying for that. I know I will get an Amos bow, though. The gacha gods laugh at me.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bussamove posted:

Yeah I don’t have a Klee or Mona so Ning it is!

My Geo team is gonna be legit.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Skyward atlas is better on Klee (for a few reasons) but it's a solid Klee weapon and does give you a bit more leeway with starting artifacts

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
Thanks to Archonex's posts the whole of dragonspine got me feeling like i'm just running round in an old a nuclear reactor slapping any button i walk past. Anybody figured out if there's anything in those broken ruin guard logs yet?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

There’s a Crimson agate shard in snow covered path that is blocked by ice (it’s the area that you have to climb or glide to). I can’t find a shard anywhere to break the ice with, closest I found was one at the bottom north but I can’t make the run in time to reach the ice even when Kaeya. Is there a closer shard?

Nvm found it haha. Funny how often whenever you ask something on a forum shortly later you find it on your own.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 27, 2020

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Thanks to Archonex's posts the whole of dragonspine got me feeling like i'm just running round in an old a nuclear reactor slapping any button i walk past. Anybody figured out if there's anything in those broken ruin guard logs yet?

Taken together and decoded, they read "For the nation, we can't forgo this skyborne power, but we failed."

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Stanko-Prussian posted:

The tree plus beating dragon heart are making all my alarm bells go off I tell you what.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Osmosisch posted:

The tree plus beating dragon heart are making all my alarm bells go off I tell you what.

On that note, Albedo's story talks about how his master Rhinedottir basically sent him off to Monstadt/abandoned him after they came across something called the "Heart of Naberius" at the bottom of a "dungeon" (Have we had any of those yet? Don't think so.).

Could that be it? I don't even know what the Heart of Naberius is. There's no references to it I can find, and it's such new information that literally no one has shared any findings on reddit yet. I will say that there's a lot of indications that that town sized skeleton on Dragonspine is not Durin, since according to several people on Reddit the date of it appearing and the size of it is apparently all wrong if we assume that Dvalin is an indication of the size of dragons. Dvalin is a tiny little chump compared to that thing.

More likely it's the monster that Imunlaukr slew, only to discover that the ancient civilization had been murdered by Celestia in the meantime. Or I guess it could be possible that whatever Honkai-esque or Abyssal magic that made Durin just roided him out to the point that he was so swole that he dwarfed part of the base of the mountain. Maybe the rest of this event will say which it is. :shrug:

edit: I should add that Naberius is yet another demonic reference similar to the Archons. Maybe his master hijacked an Archon's gnosis or something like that?

Archonex fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 27, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Thanks game! I needed #11!

https://i.imgur.com/dZ20yFr.mp4
There's no escape is there? :shepface:

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I like how easily the game lead me through the mountain. It was doing this already, but it's especially clear in Dragonspine they were asking, what are you looking at, what do we want you to look at next, where do we want you to go? The mountain took me to my next ruin or fight or vista naturally by making me want to go there. The cycle of discovery felt good

Regarding Joel's quest, does anything happen differently if you find Boar Princess VI before speaking to Joel to tell him what happened to his dad? I only found it after I finished the quest

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

padijun posted:

there should be a character who shows egg locations on the minimap

Looking forward to Changsheng's release

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Archonex posted:

It's heavily implied by the way that Celestia are really loving corrupt.

I imagine this is also why Venti's just like "I wouldn't visit even if I was invited." At the very least it seems obvious that Celesia isn't good.

Pope Urbane II posted:

If you don't mean the pillar then congrats on further content.

I'm referring to if you keep climbing a bit after that, yeah. I couldn't see anything higher up than that.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I'm referring to if you keep climbing a bit after that, yeah. I couldn't see anything higher up than that.

Sorry to tell you this, but if you didn't find a way to mount the Skyfrost Nail high up in the sky after it's been launched back into the docking position where Celestia used to be you're not at the top yet.

It's yet another part of the game that rewards you for exploring and considering some possibilities. If you haven't gotten there yet then then keep exploring. You're (spoilers for hints) really close if you're at the summit where you got the "congrats on reaching the summit!" achievement.

If you figure out how to get up there then don't forget to grab the agate that's hidden up there. while you're there. Also, enjoy the view. You can possibly see Celestia from there.

Ytlaya posted:

I imagine this is also why Venti's just like "I wouldn't visit even if I was invited." At the very least it seems obvious that Celesia isn't good.

Also, yeah, Venti does say that he hates Celestia. Assuming his other remarks aren't him waxing poetic in a lame sort of way then he also implies there's something funky with the place beyond it's ideologically corrupt nature, what him saying the water/wine tastes foul and the fruit bland or something like that. Place sounds like it's literally toxic to be in for too long. Might explain why no one has ever come back from it, and even the adepti we've met are all living on the surface instead of up there despite them supposedly having an open invitation.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 27, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

MajorBonnet posted:

You have a lot of great support characters. Bennett and Xingqiu are S-tier, Diona is up there, too. Xiangling and Fischl are great since they provide turrets. C1 Childe is a good DPS. Razor would be your other usual DPS, though Kaeya, Chongyun, and Jean are also decent in the role.

The team you're using is actually very good. I would look at artifact and talent levels if you feel like you're not hitting hard enough with it.

Edit: And uncap Xianling, Fischl, and Qiqi if they're at 60/60, so you can level their talents to 6.

are there any sites with this sort of info, or is it all across reddit and google? (and here :v:)

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

I raised the tree to level 8, but from what I understand it's now supposed to give me some daily crimson wishes quests, but I don't see anywhere to receive the quests.

What am I missing?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

theblackw0lf posted:

I raised the tree to level 8, but from what I understand it's now supposed to give me some daily crimson wishes quests, but I don't see anywhere to receive the quests.

What am I missing?

They’re on your map now, the blue tree icons. Just go there and do the thing it wants for an agate each.

E: they’re also twice weekly from what I’ve heard rather than daily. They did reset on friday for me so monday/friday maybe?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

are there any sites with this sort of info, or is it all across reddit and google? (and here :v:)

the team building resources and the general character strats spreadsheets are both pretty helpful.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Here too

https://genshin.gg

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Bussamove posted:

Hello, Ning and Klee user here, this Catalyst is baller as gently caress and I absolutely love it

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
a good cup :unsmith:

a GOOD feather :getin:

a VERY GOOD flower :unsmigghh:

Now all I need is a good petra sand and a Crit hat (should I go for rate or DMG?) and he's so very good to go

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

I've been running Bennett for a while and I firmly believe that you absolutely don't need Healing Bonus on your headpiece. His heals are so fast and so big that it would be a pretty minor change compared to buffing his HP more.

Once you get him his A4 talent, his Skill cooldown is 2 seconds during his Burst, which gives him the ability to also be a sub DPS, because he can Burst off cooldown with 175ish ER. That said, if you want him to just Burst and swap, pumping his ER over 200% is totally reasonable.

Lastly, I would highly recommend gearing him up with a 4p Noblesse Oblige set, especially if you have his C1.

I don't think I put a healing bonus on him, but I just slapped random garbage onto him at first and I remember not a single one of them.

Archonex posted:

Nope. He's almost certainly a Khaenr'iah homunculus. Possibly even one shaped after the male traveler or Dainsleif, if you believe some of the hints and don't think they're red herrings. This is part of the reason why he makes that comment about destroying Monstadt, most likely. Since Gold (An alchemist that did some...very bad things... in the ancient past. He may be responsible for some sort of Honkai infection or maybe even the Hilichurls themselves.) did just that in the past. Likewise, Khemia is outright said to be able to be used to create monstrosities like Durin, Albedo learned Khemia from the woman he says was his master, and his story text heavy implies that he has no birth family but for reasons of his preference he thinks of the woman who taught him as his mother.

Ahhhhh, so that's why he's a 5* character.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Dec 27, 2020

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

There's a puzzle in the south east that's at a water formation a little underneath the mountain. There's an ice elemental pylon that can't be activated, some of the warmers that are deactivated, and a seelie floating around. There are also torches surrounding the water. When you light a torch the seelie goes to the torch. But I can't figure out what to do with the puzzle.

There were also some exploding ice barrels which I exploded, but doesn't seem to have done anything.

edit: nvm figured it out haha. Whenever I want to figure out something I just need to post it on the forum and it will come to me haha.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

theblackw0lf posted:

There's a puzzle in the south east that's at a water formation a little underneath the mountain. There's an ice elemental pylon that can't be activated, some of the warmers that are deactivated, and a seelie floating around. There are also torches surrounding the water. When you light a torch the seelie goes to the torch. But I can't figure out what to do with the puzzle.

There were also some exploding ice barrels which I exploded, but doesn't seem to have done anything.

Use the torches to move the seelie past the deactivated warmers and they'll turn on, iirc. Activate them all and the ice pylon unlocks.