Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Skippy McPants posted:

I read it as asking for a reference but looking at it again and considering the context your take is probably closer to correct.

Never really considered going to a company where your old boss works and just asking for a job as a thing a person would do.

wow!

I thought most people got their jobs through contacts once a few years in or even before if you don't include school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
I think my main problem with Landlord Girl is that her partner wants her to quit her writing job, not stop being a landlord (I kinda thought he was saying she should get a job on top of writing, but it turns out he wants her to quit both?) Also, not sure where working in publishing means she can gently caress off all day, I'm constantly swamped with bullshit and deadlines and I'm barely making ends meet. Maybe I should've inherited some apartments :haw:

bend
Dec 31, 2012

DreamingofRoses posted:

It’s almost like there’s more things that contribute to cardiovascular health than weight, like stress. (I know that’s ostensibly what you’re saying about BMI, but part of what I’m trying to point out is that it isn’t a good indication of cardiovascular health, especially in the case of Black Americans. And I was specifically responding to a post that was “how different could not taking race into account be?”)

please knock Mom! posted:

That study looks at all cause mortality of people grouped by BMI during a set amount of time. I’m more talking about obesity-related risk factors which BMI screens for, which take longer to develop and often don’t kill anymore (you just get heart failure and/or stroke out instead, fun). All cause mortality is influenced by a lot of factors and morbidity, or the amount of people affected by debilitating conditions associated with obesity is what you want to look at.

Keep in mind that half of Black people in the US have heart disease and they die of it three times more often than white people. If you look at all-cause mortality you miss specific stuff like that.

I don’t think anyone uses BMI as a mortality predictor. It’s used because it’s more useful as a rule of thumb for screening than just a weight, and still simple enough that you can get one self-reported or in the waiting room. But heart disease is a huge risk factor only compounded by poorer access to healthcare by non-white people and the fact that CV drugs are pretty much only tested on healthy males 18-55 yrs old, it is linked to obesity, and that’s what you’re trying to catch.

There’s a lot of studies on this topic, sex differences especially show up a lot. It turns out that catching obesity with just a number and a grading scale only a few decades older than the US abolition of slavery doesn’t work well on a worldwide scale, but there’s a push for adjusted scales based on subgroups as well (which has its own challenges like grouping people based on race/ethnicity without genealogical data, basically informed guesswork).

In the end you’re trying to divine someone’s shape and health with just their height and weight. It’s basically astrology compared to modern things like fat% or blood tests, but until we start investing in public health and start taking things more seriously, the use of astrology is going to remain widespread.

Too many words but work was slow, so.

Please knock mom did a better job thanks.
I knew there were sex differences but my understanding is that the BMI is generally used as a broad indicator for potential problems. The example earlier was someone (sorry i forgot who :) ) mentioning higher muscle mass indicating higher cardiovascular load.
Interpreting an indicator with regard to local conditions is informed guesswork, as please knock mom said much more eloquently than me. definitely aided by better formalised mapping, which seems to be happening so thats good :) .

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Lieutenant Dan posted:

I think my main problem with Landlord Girl is that her partner wants her to quit her writing job, not stop being a landlord (I kinda thought he was saying she should get a job on top of writing, but it turns out he wants her to quit both?) Also, not sure where working in publishing means she can gently caress off all day, I'm constantly swamped with bullshit and deadlines and I'm barely making ends meet. Maybe I should've inherited some apartments :haw:

She doesn't actually gently caress around all day, her lovely ex just thought she did because he's a petty rear end in a top hat. Presumably, she's working about as hard as any other writer does.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

nah probably not

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (23F) boyfriend (25M) is sweet and good at heart, but his lack of life skills and emotional immaturity/lack of boundaries has caused some major problems that seem like big red flags, including what could be defined as emotional infidelity. What do I do?
I'll try to keep this short.

Well you did a bad job lady!!! I ain't readin all that. Dump his rear end and become a stunt driver or something. Find a better outlet for your clear need for personal drama and leave us out of it.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
AITA for not getting my children to apologise?

quote:

I live with my wife (f39) my two kiddos (f11) . One of my daughters is autistic, the other is adopted and came from quite a difficult background, so they both need a bit more attention and care than most kids their age. I was taking a walk with my two daughters yesterday, and my biological daughter got a little overwhelmed, and did her usual coping mechanism of sitting on the ground sucking her thumb. My adopted daughter always gets stressed out when her sister is upset so she was also sitting on the ground cuddling her. I'm trying to comfort them both while also trying to keep them away from the yellow snow that they're coming dangerously close to lying in, when we run into someone we know. She's the mother of one of the kids my daughter goes to school with- I wouldn't say we're friends, as we have very little in common aside from that, but we have a decent amount of rapport. Seeing the situation, she asks if everything is ok. I told her it was, and just that they don't really handle crowds and noise very well, but that everything's fine. She reaches out, pulls bio daughter to her feet, and asks (very kindly but a bit intensely) if everything is ok. Bio daughter \*really\* doesn't like being touched by strangers, and breaks away to cling on to me. Friend tries to hug adopted daughter, who does the same. I'm having a bit of an issue processing all of this (I have autism too) so I take a few seconds to react, and by the time I've taken everything in, my friend has her hands on both of my daughters (quite tightly) and is saying how rude they're being. I snap, and start shouting at her to get her hands off my children. She starts crying, runs off.

Later, she sends me a Facebook message. She apologises for what she did, and says that her oldest daughter had died a few days ago, and that seeing my kids had triggered a lot of negative emotions in her. I apologised back to her for cursing her out, and said that if she needed any help with anything to message me. She said what would really help was getting my kids to apologise to her. I responded (copying and pasting for full disclosure)

"I'm really sorry but I don't think I can do that. I know your actions were understandable given the circumstances, but at the end of the day (my children) reacted the way they did because there was an adult putting her hands on them without permission, and I don't want to teach them that it's wrong to break away when someone does that. I'm really sorry for all the pain you're going through- my brother passed away a few years ago and I was a wreck- and if there's anything else I can do please let me know."

She responded "unbelievable" and blocked me.

AITA? At the end of the day my first responsibility is to my children and I did what I thought was best for them, but I maybe should have been more responsive to her pain.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (23F) boyfriend (25M) is sweet and good at heart, but his lack of life skills and emotional immaturity/lack of boundaries has caused some major problems that seem like big red flags, including what could be defined as emotional infidelity. What do I do?

We're best friends in love! Best friends in love! Jim and Pam!

I have such a loving headache.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

Evil Willow posted:

My partner (29M) believes that I (28F) should please him whenever he wants me to.
My logic has always been that sex is a mutual thing, and it’s best to do when we both want it. My boyfriend sees me saying “no” as me oppressing and shaming his sexuality, and it almost always ends up in an argument.

Recently we got into a really big fight because he doesn’t understand why I shouldn’t at least “please him” (aka give him a blowjob) when I’m not feeling horny in order to “celebrate his sexuality.”

Between this guy and the poly guy who was like "you're oppressing me" to his ex-gf who didn't want his poly bullshit, this new trend of straight men coopting LGBT+ terms to hassle their girlfriends into giving them blowies on command or whatever makes me want to set myself on fire. The only silver lining is that so far they've had no success (because they're very stupid).

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

teen witch posted:

AITA for saying it was weird for my daughters to be cuddling in bed together?

I'd think he had some childhood abuse, but he says no.

Also, WTF is going on with their sleep schedule? Everyone waking up to eat around midnight and then going grocery shopping at 2? And letting children play videogames in their room until they fall asleep on their own is certainly not healthy.

*edit* ok, reread it. He gets home at 4am so that changes the times to more reasonable stuff.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
AITA for betting on my aunt in a MMA match

quote:

So, i'll try and keep this short and sweet,

My mom(f33) and my aunt(f34) have been doing MMA recreationally since before I was born, and me and my cousin been going to their matches since I was 7.

Recently, their gyms are holding a big "MMA bash", where the best fighters from both gyms in each division are going to have a match. My mom and aunt are both the highest ranked amateur fighters for their gyms in their divisions. Their gyms often have betting systems, which are purely friendly, and generally small amounts.

Just as a pretext, Mom and Aunt talked this over, and they both agreed that they didn't want to pull out of the match just because they're sisters.

Now, I've been watching both my aunt and mom fight since I was a kid, and I've only ever seen my aunt lose by judge decision a couple of times. However, I have seen my mom get knocked out and submitted several times. It's always sad for me to watch, but my mom and dad used to console me, and now I can handle myself. Aunt however is really good at submitting her opponents.

Now, the betting booths opened up 5 days before the matches, and, while they're anonymous, we get given a slip to show who we've bet on, so that we can collect later. I bet on my aunt making my mom tap out, which I know, sounds bad, but these are 2 people I should be able to be honest with. It never meant that I wanted my aunt to beat my mom, it was just betting.

Anyway, the match went forward last night and Aunt did beat Mum with a submission in the second round. Mom was obviously a bit miffed by that, but we all supported her, including Aunt. However, today, when I went to collect my earnings, I came back with a lot more money than I entered, and my mom found out that I betted against her. She was heartbroken, and hasn't spoken to me since. My brother called me an rear end in a top hat for betting against our mom, and said I should've supported her.

AITA?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Propaniac posted:

AITA for betting on my aunt in a MMA match

AITA for thinking they should've fixed the match in favour of the odds?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

please knock Mom! posted:

Yeah, I loathe the wealthy as well. But what are these in-laws on, your daughter marries into money and you get this greedy? Play nice, shut up, and enjoy the nice rear end vacations your daughter will be able to treat you to. Or become estranged to the soon-wealthiest member of your family, I guess.

The parents are in west virginia. Their daughter is a lesbian. How do you think this all went down? Because my guess is that she was told she'd never amount to anything and was gonna go to hell and her girlfriend/now wife was referred to as "her friend" by the parents.

Now BOOM she's been given a life changing step up and is poised to have a successful life in Miami. How are her parents supposed to carry on their bad daughter god will punish you narrative now?

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not financially helping family and friends - despite being able to?

Oh, good. It's an "other country" "home country" post!

Why the hell won't people say where they are talking about?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Propaniac posted:

AITA for not getting my children to apologise?

Adults demanding apologies from children for the consequences of their own boundary-ignoring actions.

That awful lady is going to hate those innocent girls their whole lives and they won't know why.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

AnoHito posted:

She doesn't actually gently caress around all day, her lovely ex just thought she did because he's a petty rear end in a top hat. Presumably, she's working about as hard as any other writer does.

Every successful writer these days is either a trust fund kid or has a wealthy spouse that can support them as they grind (and it is a grind) to get themselves an agent/get manuscripts on editors' desks. Patreon has helped level the playing field a little bit (I believe NK Jemisin's patreon allowed her to quit her day job but that was only after she won like... three Hugos lmao) but the industry is still mostly rich kids with mediocre talent who can afford to go without day jobs, just like every other artistic pursuit/industry these days.

This has very little to do with your post, sorry. I'm just extremely bitter!!!!

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

(28/M)My girlfriend(26/F) broke my PS4 and doesn't understand why I'm so upset. I don't really know where to go from here.

quote:

So some background:

During quarantine I've been playing my PS4 games a lot more. I was able to finish up some stories and complete some big games in my free time the last few months. It was a great escape for me. My girlfriend "Liz" never got it fully but understood I liked playing it and it made me happy. I told her that I was really looking forward to the PS5 and was hoping to get one soon. I missed out on the pre-order and initial shipping wave so I got a bit sad for a while but knew I would eventually get one when the craze settled down, whether it was next year or the year after. Her friend "Kat" also knew of this because her boyfriend was looking forward to the new Xbox.

This is what happened today:

This is when poo poo got bad. I was playing FF7 Remake finishing up some last achievements when Liz came into the room with Kat. I said "Hey babe how was your day" and without warning she pulled the PS4 out of the wall and smashed it on the ground. She then took a hammer and smashed whatever pieces were left. This happened within 20-30 seconds. I just looked at her shocked. I asked "What happened!? Why did you do that? Did I do something to make you mad?"

This was when I noticed Kat was recording everything with her phone. Liz walks away and then comes back and shows me a PS5 box. I still don't react and she says "Merry early Christmas!" I just walk out of the room and go to the bedroom and lock the door.

Liz comes knocking an hour later and asks "What's wrong? I thought you wanted the PS5?" I told her I couldn't even think about that because she literally just destroyed a part of my life that I've created over the last 5 years. I explained to her that she just ruined hundreds of hours of gameplay and saves that I had built up. Liz just said "Well can't you just do it again?"

This is when I walked out and left the apartment. I came back a couple hours later with Kat and Liz now both showing off the PS5 to me.

Kat says "Look, Liz worked really hard to get you this. We just wanted to make you happy"

I ask Kat why she was recording. She says that some person on TikTok or Instagram did the same thing to their boyfriend and they were happy. Apparently that's where they got the idea from? A gf came in and broke the PS4 then gave them a PS5 and everyone cheered or something? I still can't believe it. They wanted to make a video in that spirit with me as the guy? I told Kat a lot of my life was in that PS4 and now it's all gone.

Side note: Yes I know. I should have backed up on the cloud. I did for some of my games but a lot of them I just kept on the PS4. I had 100's of hours from The Witcher 3, Kingdom Hearts games, FF7 Remake, FFXV, God of War, The Last of Us, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry games. Many of these titles were fully completed or close to that point. Most of them are now lost.

Now Kat is calling me ungrateful and her BF liked the Xbox she gave him. I asked her if she destroyed his old Xbox. She said no and that she just gave it to him gift wrapped last week. I asked why wasn't I given the same treatment and it was because they saw the video yesterday and got the idea to recreate it. I told Liz I do appreciate the gift but that she needs to know she broke a part of me that has been built over the years. It sounds stupid but I really was proud of my collection. Liz then says "Well why can't you just do it on the new Playstation?" I told her I could but it would take a lot of time and effort that I may not want to put in again. She just brushed it off and said "Well you can play your new games anyway, they are probably better"

At this point I left and went to a friend's house where I'm writing this now late at night. I don't know what to do at this point. I really don't care about the PS5 and am mad that a loving viral video made this all happen. What the gently caress is wrong with people where they think destroying someone's personal property is funny? They tried showing me the video but I'm not watching that poo poo.

Liz and I have had a great relationship to this point. We have been together for 4 years and this is the only major issue that has come up. Some might think it's just a videogame or that I can get past this but I don't know if I can. It wasn't just that she did it. It was the fact that after it she didn't seem to know why or care to know why I'm so upset. I've never had this feeling before and really don't know how to proceed here.

UPDATE- (28/M)My girlfriend(26/F) broke my PS4 and doesn't understand why I'm so upset. I don't really know where to go from here.

quote:

Well it's been a hellish couple of weeks. First of all I appreciate all the support. I didn't get to respond to many people because my life has been a whirlwind the last couple weeks.

It took a lot of time thinking and talking with my friends and family about what has happened and where to go from here. I tried saving the hard drive from the PS4 through my buddy who is more tech savy than I. We had no luck in that regard. All that stuff is lost forever. The PS5 has been at our place since the incident but I have no interest in that right now.

I didn't go back to the apartment for a week. I finally told Liz we needed to sit down and have a discussion about everything. It was a long conversation with a lot of tears on both ends. I won't go into exact details but I explained to her how her actions affected me. The comparison some told me to tell her about me smashing her phone/laptop in the same manner really hit her. In that moment she understood I think. I once again asked why she recorded it. She said she wanted to capture the moment of my happiness, it wasn't about Instagram/TikTok clout or whatever. She thought I would be ecstatic and wanted to have that moment captured forever. I told her I understood that.

Finally I told her the truth. I told her I couldn't trust her anymore after this. She destroyed something dear to me. I broke up with her. Maybe it is irrational and maybe I'm overreacting. I think after the conversation with my parents, friends, and her I realized that I can't love someone who doesn't empathize with me enough to know that breaking that PS4 was a bad move. This incident should have never happened if she knew how much I cared for this. Especially during a year rough as this. I told her that I am moving out of the apartment to live with my parents for a bit. I said that I'm breaking the lease in March so she has until then to find a new place. She was upset but I stood my ground.

So I spent Christmas with my parents and while a little sad I think it's for the best. She has tried to reach out but I told her unless it was about stuff about the apartment then I don't want to talk to her right now.

As for me, I think I'm done with gaming. I'll find something else to keep my interest. I didn't take the PS5. It'll be really hard for me to find my joy in it after all this. I thought I would marry Liz. We were college sweethearts and we were happy. Now everything is broken just like my PS4 and so I would rather not be reminded of that anymore. For now I'm just going to be alone for a while and figure things out. I believe that everything will work out in the end as long as I keep myself honest and hardworking.

Happy Holidays.

TL:DR, Broke up with my girlfriend after she broke my PS4 with 100's of hours of progress for a video she and her friend wanted to record. They got the idea from TikTok/Instagram.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I don't want to side with the gamer. The whole time I was looking for some reason to side with the girlfriend, but no, she's at best totally oblivious and he's totally in the right.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

DemoneeHo posted:

(28/M)My girlfriend(26/F) broke my PS4 and doesn't understand why I'm so upset. I don't really know where to go from here.

UPDATE- (28/M)My girlfriend(26/F) broke my PS4 and doesn't understand why I'm so upset. I don't really know where to go from here.

social media has destroyed society

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

I’m not at all one of those HAES people, but BMI was never intended to diagnose people in that manner and she is not necessarily a beachball. Technically my BMI would also put me as “obese” at 30 but in reality (at least prepandemic) I’m a tall, curvaceous woman who works out lifting heavy weights 4-5 times a week. I have a large frame and always have. Before I switched industries, I had walked 14k steps and 30 flights of stairs by the time brunch shift was over. I am not a professional athlete by any means but as long as the clothes fit my frame, I generally wear an 8 or 10 in US women’s sizes, well below the “average” of 16. This woman sounds awful and I’m not defending her, but your comments are both inaccurate and inappropriate.

You're probably the bmi outlier here,not her, since you're active and beefy skeletonned. For someone that short, it can be real hard to stick to maintenance caloric intake because first world places are so loaded with garbage food.
Also, what's your number? :pervert:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DemoneeHo posted:

I'm so glad I'm too old to worry about Tiktok

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

social media has destroyed society

Only the good parts. I'm pretty sure all the unnecessary public shaming, rumor mongering, awful politics, and petty grievances are still intact.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

r/relationships: Now everything is broken just like my PS4

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ikanreed posted:

I don't want to side with the gamer. The whole time I was looking for some reason to side with the girlfriend, but no, she's at best totally oblivious and he's totally in the right.

Social media did everything that they said video games would do to people.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Theophany posted:

AITA for thinking they should've fixed the match in favour of the odds?
That was my first thought too. What kind of idiot MMA sports book allows betting on two sisters?

Also, bet against your mom. Either she wins and you're happy that she won, or you win a pile of a cash and can do something nice for her.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dik Hz posted:

That was my first thought too. What kind of idiot MMA sports book allows betting on two sisters?

Also, bet against your mom. Either she wins and you're happy that she won, or you win a pile of a cash and can do something nice for her.

Sounds like it was a local gym thing.

The gym I go to occasionally does "fights" with people from other gyms. There's no official betting though.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Like a third of the appeal of MMA is thumbing your nose at local bloodsport ordinances anyway, isn't it?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ain't no rules on the streets

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

ikanreed posted:

he decided to give up gaming rather than start from scratch

truly the happiest ending this thread has seen

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The longest commercial for Xbox's free, automatic cloud backup of all your saves.

But seriously, until someone said they were surprised he wasn't in the wrong I just assumed he was and didn't read it. Sorry gamers, Im stereotyped against you but Im not going to sensitivity training for it.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

My (20M) "depressed" girlfriend (22F) cheated on me, but I don't have enough strength to confront her again.

quote:

Last month I got a feeling that something was wrong with my GF, so I decided to snoop trught her phone, because normally she writes her feelings in a notebook app.

And I found messages between her and one of her friends, a male friend to be exact. Were they sexted about how the would like to gently caress each other, I just shut down and cried in the bathroom for about an hour because I wasn't specting at all those messages.

A week after that I decided to break up with her without mentioning the messages and just telling her that I didn't want to stay in the relationship. And immediately she started to cry and beg me to stay, because "she couldn't live without me", she said this last part mostly because I am basically the only person that really knows that she has "depression" and the only person that is always there to help her calm down when she has urges of self harm or a bad panic attack.

I broke down and told her that I was sorry and that I wouldn't try to break up with her again.

And that was a month ago, just now today I still have the feeling that the sexting is still continuing, but I just don't have enough strength to try to break up with her, because I just can't do it.

Just thinking about her crying is enough to make myself cry, and I know that if I try again I'm gonna fail again.

Any suggestions or advice on what I could do next will be greatly appreciated.

Small Update: I didn't expect to get answers so soon. Thanks to everyone who answered! Ill try to break up with her tonight and I will give and update on how that goes.

Big Update: Oh boy, turns out I avoided a big, BIG bullet.

So a few minutes after I posted the small update I was planning to drive a little bit until I reached a small river a 2 miles away, and then I would break up with her trough text.

But then se arrived home and tried to talk me into going to a restaurant for a romantic date. I told her that I couldn't go because I was busy, and that slowly went from her telling me that "there was nothing more important than this date" to her screaming and asking what I could be busy with and even demanding that I needed to show her my phone.

And I just lost her, I told her that I knew about the text with her friend and that I knew that she was cheating on me, and that I was gonna break up with her.

And she started crying, begging for forgiveness, and honestly I was close to repeating the same mistake as before until she said "Please forgive me, I promise that those text were platonic, there was nothing real to them"

I don't know why but those words made me even angrier, I started to yell, and I told her that she needed to pick up her things and get out of my apartment right now.

She then yelled at me that I couldn't just kick her out of "her own house", I laugh and reminder her that I was the one paying the bills for everything.

After that she told me that she was gonna end herself tonight and it was gonna be all my fault.

I just told her "not my problem", then she leaved crying.
Right after that I called her parents and family to let them know what had happened, they were incredibly apologetic for what she had done, and after that they told me that when she enters their house they will punish her and force her to go to therapy.

And that's it, for what I know she hasn't gotten home yet, but as her father said "she always says that she is gonna end herself over the smallest of things and she never goes trough it, don't worry"

Thanks reddit, you all made me see the bullet in time for me to avoid getting more damaged (:
Some people are born into the Pete, some people must work for the Pete.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

DemoneeHo posted:

We did this thing because we saw it on TikTok! Of course I wasn't going to post the video we were taking to TikTok, it was meant for my own enjoyment and to capture your happiness! And we'll be the only to see it, honest... I swear by the old gods and the new.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Pirate Radar posted:

From legaladvice this time:

(KY) Is it possible to apply to stop paying my ex boyfriend child support if he never sees our daughter

This seems like a bad deal!

idk about ky but yes you can in ca. and in ca being a deadbeat should be reason enough to over turn the order but its more likely up to the judge. They would also probably do something like hey visit your kid or lose your child support. then he is just going to visit the kid and neglect it to keep the money rolling. that is assuming he shows up at all to court.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Sisal Two-Step posted:

My (20M) "depressed" girlfriend (22F) cheated on me, but I don't have enough strength to confront her again.

Some people are born into the Pete, some people must work for the Pete.

brb gotta get a therapeutic neck collar from the whiplash of that post, holy drat

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

I vomited on my husband during sex and he called me a disgusting pig

quote:

Repost and obligatory throwaway account.

We’re both 25 and have been married for about half a year (been together another 2 years before that).

I’m currently a few days sick with food poisoning and yesterday my husband asked me if I wanted to have sex. I wasn’t in the mood because I was feeling unwell and I told him this but he said he had been stressed because of his work and he really needed to release his load. So I agreed and had sex with him.

Halfway through I started to get the urge to puke but I kept swallowing it back and I told myself to suck it up because it seemed like my husband was having a good time. Bad idea because I vomited onto his chest a few minutes later (I was on top of him) and I was horrified. I quickly rolled off the bed and got some wet tissues to wipe him off and the whole time I was apologising profusely while he just sat there with a disgusted look on his face.

When I tried to clean him up using the tissues he pushed me away and said “I’ll do it myself” and I apologised again and he said “disgusting pig”. He said it softly under his breath but I heard it clearly.

I was upset and I said “what did you say” and he said “nothing just go to bed”. Then he got up to take a shower while I just laid down on the bed thinking about what just happened. When he came back he didn’t talk to me, he just turned the bedside lamp off and went to sleep.

I just don’t really know what to do about this I guess. Today he went to work and when he came home we ate dinner together but he kept his replies short and our conversation felt oddly formal. Then he went to take a shower and is now sleeping. I’m still awake typing this because I feel that something has shifted in between us and I don’t know what to do at the moment. Any advice would be appreciated.
My advice is to puke on him again and then leave forever.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Sisal Two-Step posted:

I vomited on my husband during sex and he called me a disgusting pig

My advice is to puke on him again and then leave forever.

Sorry that your husband sees you as nothing more than a cum depository. Better luck next marriage.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

She was just celebrating

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

snergle posted:

idk about ky but yes you can in ca. and in ca being a deadbeat should be reason enough to over turn the order but its more likely up to the judge. They would also probably do something like hey visit your kid or lose your child support. then he is just going to visit the kid and neglect it to keep the money rolling. that is assuming he shows up at all to court.

If you could prove that none if the money ever went to support the child, could you claim dome of it back do you think? One could argue that taking the money from a single mother like that is actually the opposite of child support.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for pointing out to my girlfriend that she is overweight.

quote:

Before you poo poo yourself, calm down and hear me out. I've been with my girl for 2 years now, and known her for 3. And since I've known her, she's had a really bad habit of making fun of people. Mostly behind closed doors, but sometimes in front of them. Now I'm all for edgy humor, I actually like it. But there's a difference between making jokes and being a bitch. I always tell her to chill, but she never listens.

Well this past weekend, we went out to eat at a local place, and our waitress was a bit on the heavy side. Not fat by any means, but a bit chubby. All things considered, she looked good. About an 8/10 without makeup, and she was being really nice to us. We ordered, and when she walked away, my girlfriend started making fun of her weight. The girl looked back at us, then kept walking. I told my girl that the waitress heard her and she said she didn't care.

She's still cracking jokes as the waitress comes back with the drinks, and it's obvious she's holding back tears. My girl is just giggling and staring at her. I got mad and said "Why are you laughing? She's thinner than you." She got up and walked out to the car. I paid for the food which wasn't even ready, left a $20 tip, apologized to the waitress, and we left. She didn't say a word on the way home.

Since then, everytime she speaks to me, she starts out by asking me to apologize. She just texted me (6am my time) asking when I was going to apologize for what I said. Its starting to get annoying. My brother and my dad said that I was too harsh, especially since we were in public. But I don't think so. Girlfriend or not, if she can't take the same poo poo she puts out, then she needs to close her loving mouth. I've warned her to stop picking on people, but she didn't listen. The only way she's getting an apology from me is if she gives one to the waitress. If she can't do that, then she needs to stop bringing this up. It's that simple, and I'm sticking to that. So what's up, AITA this time? Because if I am, I'm not seeing it.

Edit: If you're going to tell me to break up with her, don't bother. I've already been told. If you're going to ask why im still with her, don't. I'm tired of explaining it. Lol

Edit: Sorry, I cant respond to everyone. Way more comments than expected.

Edit: I got banned so I can't respond to comments anymore

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Yeah but what was the waitress' BMI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

r/relationships: Now everything is broken just like my PS4

I’m somehow against all expectations 100% on gamer boyfriend’s side in this one, but god drat that one line is still pure gold.