Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

S.J. posted:

Childe is pretty popular among the "please choke slam me into bed" crowd

zgrowler2 posted:

please sweet baby jesus make this the new thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
childe may be real good at killing stuff with his magic element powers, but have you seen how scrawny he is?
that prettyboy ain't chokeslamming anything

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Vargs posted:

Finally starting the painful and disappointing process of farming Venti artifacts. Any opinions on EM vs Anemo% vs Atk% goblets?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18SqSQzSyfQP4X2NGcXkubQ9NzC0BdT1Jxt0I1TL_zGs/edit?usp=sharing

Here's a sheet running the numbers

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

childe may be real good at killing stuff with his magic element powers, but have you seen how scrawny he is?

As nice as it would be for the game to have characters with them, you don't need muscles to be strong. Look at Kirby and Majin Buu. Or Link.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

beefcake catalyst user who uses their vision to power their punches and kicks

We're definitely getting a hand-to-hand combat character at some point, with the treasure hoarders all having kicks

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Albedo makes lots of numbers happens on my Ning team so I like him

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

actually scrawny anime prettyboys are the most powerful beings in existence (see: any jrpg or anime ever)

kater
Nov 16, 2010

yay beat floor 12 for the first time. had to start over once because I friggin timed out on chamber 3 trying to grind electo dudes down without any team having cryo.

wish the game logged what party you used or something because i always forget what i find that works for me and just scramble making parties. I find myself running double healer and at least one shield a whole lot because I unno nobody has hit points besides my carries and I'm forever out of stamina and I unno I feel like I need it.

Also the geo fatui in the last bit has the weird fire rock buff from dragonspine? seemed strange.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RareAcumen posted:

As nice as it would be for the game to have characters with them, you don't need muscles to be strong. Look at Kirby and Majin Buu. Or Link.

We're definitely getting a hand-to-hand combat character at some point, with the treasure hoarders all having kicks

I hope nobody online is horny enough to want Kirby of all things to chokeslam them

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Boys don't need muscles and every girl can fight in stiletto heels

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

gandlethorpe posted:

Boys don't need muscles and every girl can fight in stiletto heels

And wear said heels climbing sheer rock walls.

Also what’s this about destiny streamers failing at this game? I want to know more.

Sexual Aluminum fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Dec 30, 2020

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I cashed in a bunch of fragile resin and hurled hours of rage at Abyss 12-3 and finally managed to clear it in time before the reset. 12-3 was some hateful bullshit, and I'm pretty sure grinding out more levels or perfect artifact setups wouldn't have changed that. I can't tell if I want the next layout to be easier, so that I actually do it, or harder so that I can safely ignore it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Goddamn. This thing is awesome. That swirl damage jump between 70 and 90 is crazy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Japanese hu tao is a bit crazy

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/kmxsq0/hu_taos_japanese_voice_takahashi_rie/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

No Wave posted:

Goddamn. This thing is awesome. That swirl damage jump between 70 and 90 is crazy.

Any of the damging reactions (rather than multiplying dmage) spike stupidly high post 70, it's why pyrokeqing is a thing if she's level 90

Also I would highly reccomend you check out kleefulframes:

https://twitter.com/KleefulF

He's not put out many videos yet but he's done a lot of work doign datasheets for weapon comparisons and frame counting (if you're into that)

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Dec 30, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The one video he does have is great. Very thorough demonstration of how good Harbinger def build is on Albedo.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

YEah, him, the work on keqing mains (which really is the main theory hub, not just for Keqing) and some of the compilations by Jinx and tuna (https://twitter.com/JinxTuna) are very good at looking deeper in.

If you don't want to push high abyss super early you really don't need to know any of this stuff, but it's fun to play around with and push the limits.

(even if they'd hate i'm a bennet C6 users)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Question: why does the all characters build's guide spreadsheet say Keqing's endgame stat priority is crit rate if electro doesn't crit?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hexel posted:

Question: why does the all characters build's guide spreadsheet say Keqing's endgame stat priority is crit rate if electro doesn't crit?

Electro reactions don't crit, but electro damage does.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Terper posted:

Electro reactions don't crit, but electro damage does.

So the "reaction" is the initial status change from say wet, to electrified? And then the subsequent purple damage numbers can crit?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Very interesting how levels help close the gap between a 5* weapon and a 4* weapon comparing Skyward and Stringless on venti. Would love to see other tables like this.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Hexel posted:

So the "reaction" is the initial status change from say wet, to electrified? And then the subsequent purple damage numbers can crit?

The reaction is th damage from the combination of statuses, so the red number for overload (electro fire) or the purple number from electro plus water. All her purple damage apart from that can crit

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Very interesting how levels help close the gap between a 5* weapon and a 4* weapon comparing Skyward and Stringless on venti. Would love to see other tables like this.

I think it's the high value of em for swirl damage at that level, plus the relative value of the passive Vs attack (I think the stringless needs to be r5 to win Vs R1 harp)

Here's the Klee one

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1JJZPMoNOqXhX8Ez1cl63fNXESJZXx7kQaJEeQ-WLOEY/htmlview

kater
Nov 16, 2010

‘level 90 is 4 whalz’

*spreadsheets starting at 3k base atk*

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That's not what base power is in that spreadsheet. I actually couldnt tell you what base power is because I have no idea, it's some kind of intermediate formula input, base atk over 1150 isnt even possible in the game atm.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

The one video he does have is great. Very thorough demonstration of how good Harbinger def build is on Albedo.

Link? I still haven't finalized my Albedo build yet.

Also! Today's pull: :getin:

I NEED HER

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Stormgale posted:

The reaction is th damage from the combination of statuses, so the red number for overload (electro fire) or the purple number from electro plus water. All her purple damage apart from that can crit

I think it's the high value of em for swirl damage at that level, plus the relative value of the passive Vs attack (I think the stringless needs to be r5 to win Vs R1 harp)

Here's the Klee one

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1JJZPMoNOqXhX8Ez1cl63fNXESJZXx7kQaJEeQ-WLOEY/htmlview

Its not all about winning, theres a 6k damage gap between Skyward and stringless r0 at 60 at their top ends and only a 3.5k damage gap at 90, while doing about twice the damage than at 60.

I think thats chump change considering getting a stringless and leveling it is much easier than doing the same with a skyward.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its not all about winning, theres a 6k damage gap between Skyward and stringless r0 at 60 at their top ends and only a 3.5k damage gap at 90, while doing about twice the damage than at 60.

I think thats chump change considering getting a stringless and leveling it is much easier than doing the same with a skyward.

That's fair, and I never said it was about winning?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You say that but here I am with 3 favonious warbows, 2 sacrificial bows, 2 rusts and 3 characters that want Stringless!!!

Separate topic but it is a little interesting how few gacha weapons there really are. There are currently 18 so even f2p players that spend all primos on event banner will own half or more of them at this point.

EDIT: And on an even more unrelated topic, I saw this image (don't know the source):

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Dec 30, 2020

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

No Wave posted:

That's not what base power is in that spreadsheet. I actually couldnt tell you what base power is because I have no idea, it's some kind of intermediate formula input, base atk over 1150 isnt even possible in the game atm.

https://twitter.com/KleefulF/status/1344296882605088770?s=19

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Wow I was able to take down penultimate Stormterror's shield in a single go every round. It's been such a slog previously.

3 star attack food + Thunder vial from alchemy
Fischl E + Xiangliang E + Beidou basic attacks on the claw.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah, makes sense. I use TOTAL ATK * ( 1 + CR * CD ) * (1 + DMG) when doing my comparisons and it's probably that.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Did a 10-pull last night and got my c3 Bennett, c3 Fischl, and Albedo! I had been assuming I would not get him so I haven't really paid attention to him at all, going to have to study up now. Hilariously, I have now gotten every geo character, and pulled Bennett four times this banner, but have yet to draw Sucrose or any other Anemo user.

In other news I recently hit world level 4 and Pyro Regisvine is suddenly kicking my rear end out of nowhere, which is making it a little hard to ascend and level Xiangling and Bennett to 70 like I originally planned. I might have to detour over to farming the geo or electro cubes for Razor, Zhongli, and Albedo.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

xedo posted:

Did a 10-pull last night and got my c3 Bennett, c3 Fischl, and Albedo! I had been assuming I would not get him so I haven't really paid attention to him at all, going to have to study up now. Hilariously, I have now gotten every geo character, and pulled Bennett four times this banner, but have yet to draw Sucrose or any other Anemo user.

In other news I recently hit world level 4 and Pyro Regisvine is suddenly kicking my rear end out of nowhere, which is making it a little hard to ascend and level Xiangling and Bennett to 70 like I originally planned. I might have to detour over to farming the geo or electro cubes for Razor, Zhongli, and Albedo.

If you haven't yet, level up barbara enough to not get one shot and then bring her and laugh as she absolutely MELTS the initial shield. After that a bow user is nice to do a couple aimed shots on the flower while it's raging which will bring it back down for more hits. You may know this already, but if not, yeah!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Swirl does nothing but spread effects, right, no extra damage? Still trying to work out how/when to use Sucrose - and combos in general for that matter

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Swirl does nothing but spread effects, right, no extra damage? Still trying to work out how/when to use Sucrose - and combos in general for that matter

Swirl does damage.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Swirl does damage but you should structure your anemo ability usage around energy generation, venerer triggers, and in sucrose's case EM boosts (ie use them on cooldown almost no matter what). Swirl procs Venerer so you will be looking to make them.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 30, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

No Wave posted:

Swirl does damage but you should structure your anemo ability usage around energy generation, venerer triggers, and in sucrose's case EM boosts (ie use them on cooldown almost no matter what).

is that the -res artifact set? i just hit ar18, i don't think I'm seeing stuff like that for a while yet

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

is that the -res artifact set? i just hit ar18, i don't think I'm seeing stuff like that for a while yet
Ah... yeah you won't have to worry about any of that for a long long time.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Is there any way to get old banner characters like Klee and Venti, or once they are gone they are gone?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

They'll be rerun.... eventually. There are rumors about when but it's all still very murky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Saxophone posted:

If you haven't yet, level up barbara enough to not get one shot and then bring her and laugh as she absolutely MELTS the initial shield. After that a bow user is nice to do a couple aimed shots on the flower while it's raging which will bring it back down for more hits. You may know this already, but if not, yeah!

Yeah, Barbara was wrecking it for all my boss kills before levelling the world. I think I need to rotate Zhongli in and out for shields and bring a few potions for +hydro damage and +pyro resistance, because she is absolutely getting 1-shot by certain attacks. I think I might have enough oceanid drops to ascend her one more time once I get the other needed items too, which would probably make the difference. (But if not I'm likely SOL until I get Razor up to 60/70, because if Pyro Regisvine gives me grief, Oceanid will be so much worse).