Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

:psyduck:

Please go away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFWG7KWacN4

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Gripweed posted:

They weren't space pirates. They were blowing up Imperial munitions convoys. They weren't stealing the munitions, they were just blowing them up so the Empire wouldn't have them.

:wrong:

They are billed as loving Pirates on the subtitles and every synopsis out there refers to them as pirates:

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
:allears:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Galewolf posted:

They are billed as loving Pirates on the subtitles and every synopsis out there refers to them as pirates:

But they don't steal anything. They just blow up the Imperial munitions. And the presence of exploded Imperial trucks establishes that that is something they do regularly. It's the only thing the episode established that they do, they blow up Imperial convoys.

Maybe they're called Space Pirates because that's their cool gang name, The Space Pirates, but they do not engage in any piracy that we see

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Piracy does not necessarily mean "get everything intact", they could be salvaging the remaining equipment or think that it is too dangerous to ride the transports and instead force the base for protection money.

Edit: If we are to theorycraft until it fits our narrative, that is.

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 2, 2021

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

This is the worst meltdown.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mallratcal posted:

Disagreements are meltdowns. Conflict is abuse. I am very smart.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Holy heck are people still talking about that dumb Star Wars show thing?

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

:psyduck:

Please go away

No one's ever really gone.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Galewolf posted:

from my point of view it is the pirate victims who are evil

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

mallratcal posted:

Yup.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

I'm sure some book or comic will explain the pirates' back story some day so you won't need to argue over it.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Won't anyone think of those noble space pirates? :ohdear:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

in my point of view, it's the pirates that are evil

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Shut up Sleevless.

Didn't you get banned for defending a pedo?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7fK77uAyw8

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

is the mandalorian worth watching? I got like five episodes in and felt like I was watching Power Rangers for grownups and turned it off

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
gently caress you youtube piece of poo poo service

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

...of SCIENCE! posted:

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Shut up, sleeveless.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

grieving for Gandalf posted:

is the mandalorian worth watching? I got like five episodes in and felt like I was watching Power Rangers for grownups and turned it off

Depends on how busy you are

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Galewolf posted:

Exactly

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

It depends on how much you like Wars in Stars. If you are into those children's movies and cannot get enough despite 30 years worth of spin-offs, merchandise, and video games, power through. The second season flounders a bit and might make you groan but still a good watch that doesn't require too long of a time commitment.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Depends on how busy you are

I post here

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
My hot take: if it weren't for those darned imperials then those poor aliens (who were forced into piracy in order to protect their natural resources) would have been free to....wait what the.... isn't this the baby Yoda show? Don't think anyone needs to die on that hill.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Did anyone else turn off The Boys because it was trying to be as unpleasant as possible with no likeable characters? poo poo was just too real for a supes show for me, it made me actively sadder and a bit disturbed.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

The Pandalorian was the worst WOW expansion.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

Did anyone else turn off The Boys because it was trying to be as unpleasant as possible with no likeable characters? poo poo was just too real for a supes show for me, it made me actively sadder and a bit disturbed.

The show is downright cheery compared to the original comics.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

I think after five episodes then you probably know if you like it or you don't really.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

you should go smoke some weed and get a grip my friend

Shut the HECK up Moola

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Regarde Aduck posted:

Shut the HECK up Moola

bitch I'll suck your dick!

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Vakal posted:

The show is downright cheery compared to the original comics.

Was gonna post this. Garth Ennis (creator of the comic) is a massive super-hero cynic/hater and boy o boy he loves to make readers uncomfortable on the premise of "lmao if you think superheroes would give an ounce of gently caress about normal humans or show restraint to reduce collateral".

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.

Gripweed posted:

Are you guys just still mad about that Richard Ayoade joke? It really was just a joke, I don't actually think you guys are racist.

Of course I should've expected Bill Burr fans to be touchy about being called racist but it's too late now.

Youre_thedevilsson.mp3

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
my pick for best of the worst is vampire assassin

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

my pick for best of the worst is vampire assassin

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Galewolf posted:

Was gonna post this. Garth Ennis (creator of the comic) is a massive super-hero cynic/hater and boy o boy he loves to make readers uncomfortable on the premise of "lmao if you think superheroes would give an ounce of gently caress about normal humans or show restraint to reduce collateral".

Oh yes, I've read a ton of Ennis, just not The Boys. I guess I'm more sensitive to this now. Ennis is awesome but not for me anymore :(

Reminds me a bit of Supergods by Morrison, I read that like 5 years ago and I think about it.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Bill Burr is one of those guys who is so close to being extremely great and likable but he has like, two or three opinions on women or racial things that are really hard to reconcile or listen to him without going “yeah that was funny but he still said ____”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I've never watched a Bill burr thing in my life except the mando and he was good in that