Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Absolutely everything I want to raise wants those drat insignias. Dragonspine is a blessing and a curse with how many fatui it has.

I swear getting those drat scrolls are worse. I was like committing genocide against the entire mage race and still needed much more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

The VV 4-set bonus really is kind of nuts. Do any other sets have anything near that good?

Noblesse and crimson witch are pretty close

But they are like, less auto include on any character of the type, Klee wants 2/2 CW Nd glad for example

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 3, 2021

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Stormgale posted:

Noblesse and crimson witch are pretty close

But they are like, less auto include on any character of the type, Klee wants 2/2 CW Nd glad for example

4p Noblesse is nutty on Bennett and XQ because properly geared their bursts are up on cooldown and they just poo poo out attack bonuses, and in XQ’s case massive amounts of extra damage from his water swords. I love it.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
I'm at AR52 and just now starting my CW hellgrind because the free rolls from 1.2 got me Diluc. Lavawalker is the biggest cockblock ever and I hate them for including it but I'm not scrapping any of the set's 5s that I roll because I'm paranoid they'll improve it in some way.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i almost killed my LW pieces today (did still scrap some, oh well) but then figured Hu Tao seems like she could benefit from it because her skill does pyro conversion. of course this means Gladiator works just as well/better but they're still committed to making it awful to farm.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy poo poo, I am so far behind. I just did the math and getting everyone up to 4th ascension will cost like 1.5 Million Mora. And that's not even counting the costs from using the books and Mora themselves are going to be!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Mora is a pretty ridiculous grind. The last event gave out something like 3 or 4 million over its duration but this one was only like 1 mil total. By comparison actually farming mora ley lines gives way less than that.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm not sure what I'm doing right or wrong, but I haven't dipped under 2.9 million in months and I've been as high as 5 million in that timeframe.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Some Numbers posted:

I'm not sure what I'm doing right or wrong, but I haven't dipped under 2.9 million in months and I've been as high as 5 million in that timeframe.

You're not leveling any new characters, or at least (wisely) not leveling them to 80 or 90.

If you were to level a new character from 0 to 90 alongside a 5* weapon and all their talents, it would cost a total of over 6 million mora, plus all the xp books and enhancement crystals and weekly boss mats.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You're not leveling any new characters, or at least (wisely) not leveling them to 80 or 90.

If you were to level a new character from 0 to 90 alongside a 5* weapon and all their talents, it would cost a total of over 6 million mora, plus all the xp books and enhancement crystals and weekly boss mats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkDMz2ml0gw

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

New survey, by the way. Please complain about how broken the Stormterror fight is, this is ridiculous.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think I'm going to try grinding meat with the big boar boss on dragonspine for the future. At least you've got a better shot of collecting everything by fighting those guys and defrosting any you see on the mountain along the way.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I remember when I thought 5m mora and 1100 experience books was going to last forever instead of three weeks.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
there's honestly no point in leveling any character to 80 outside of big numbers for the sake of, "if" your goal is to level your whole roster.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
ascending to 70/80 uncaps talent levels from 6 to 8 and ascending to 80/90 uncaps talent levels up to to 10
So it's worth it if you have a shitload of weekly boss mats. But it takes a total of 18 plumes or whatever plus 3 crowns to level all three talents to 10.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The talent table is also missing the last current tier that needs the crown and costs 700k mora.

Also leveling to 90 characters is mostly unnecessary (ascending is enough), but the weapons get their substat improvements at 85/90, which might be worth it.

Sanya Juutilainen fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 3, 2021

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Leveling to 80 is fine.

Leveling to 90 is insane and I can't imagine doing so except for maybe my one main carry in the foreseeable future. You have to spend a week of resin farming bosses just to get enough gem things for it, let alone the mora/book costs.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Asimo posted:

Leveling to 80 is fine.

Leveling to 90 is insane and I can't imagine doing so except for maybe my one main carry in the foreseeable future. You have to spend a week of resin farming bosses just to get enough gem things for it, let alone the mora/book costs.

I am morbidly curious to see how long it takes my Klee to level up passively from 80-90.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if i wasn't juggling more weapons than is sensible, i'd definitely be pushing some to 90. it's a transferrable item that is also light on resin cost relative to character levels at least.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I have achieved my stupid dream. All my weapons are pretty now, and I am out of money

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I do the same three star locking thing. How cute!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Tsyni posted:

I am morbidly curious to see how long it takes my Klee to level up passively from 80-90.

I am not sure if it would be possible, it would probably literally be something like 10 years. I had a party member at 79 for months who never left the party and they were not even close to 80 before finally ascending them. I did level my Prototype Aminus and Stringless to 90, figured they will never level up on their own like a character will. The DPS increase going from level 80 to 90 was definitely noticeable, it made WL7 feel the same as WL6. I probably should level up some other weapons, my random supports in the Spiral Abyss do no damage.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I thought there was a damage penalty if you’re lower level than the enemy. Or maybe they meant weapon level.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

theblackw0lf posted:

I thought there was a damage penalty if you’re lower level than the enemy. Or maybe they meant weapon level.

There is but it's only really significant at low levels.

If you're level 60 character hitting a level 90 enemy, you'll do 91% as much damage as a level 90 would do.
Level 70s do 94%, and level 80s do 97%

The enemy-damage-taken formula is (100 + yourlevel) / (200 + yourlevel + enemylevel)
(for some reason the default multiplier against same-level enemies is 50% instead of 100%)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
After taking the Albedo survey, I have learned that apparently Mihoyo was expecting people to jump off of it for plunge attacks. Which was like... huh.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Clarste posted:

After taking the Albedo survey, I have learned that apparently Mihoyo was expecting people to jump off of it for plunge attacks. Which was like... huh.

They've shown it in his promo video, IIRC, so not surprised. I've used it a few times with Qiqi in co-op, since it's way more effective than her regular attacks.

EDIT: Lol at the questionnaire asking me why I don't want to improve Festering Desire when I picked "absolutely not" and then having to choose Other to write down that it's already enhanced to its maximum.

Sanya Juutilainen fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jan 3, 2021

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

One of Albedo's constellations adds a plunging attack damage boost to people in the range of the elevator, so yeah. I think it's a bit too clunky to make intentional use of most of the time but it is funny.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i take advantage of it when i accidentally am lifted into the air, but yeah. maybe Xiao likes it since his original deal was plunging attacks but it's definitely not selling C4s or anything.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

IIRC Crimson Witch actually works out to less DPS than the Gladiator set for Diluc.

Which I'm pretty happy about because I managed to get a nice 5* set of Gladiator crap just from doing weekly bosses way before I got anywhere close to a full Witch set.
I don't know where you heard that but I very much doubt it. The max stack Pyro bonus from Crimson Witch adds up to more than the bonus from Gladiator, and it applies to the E and Q as well. Going Gladiator would also dumpster your Vaporize/Melt reaction damage, and that's a lot more important than +18% ATK. Looking at the numbers it's closer than I thought for the normal damage, but CW definitely still wins out.

If you're not running Diluc with Xingqiu for the constant Vaporizes you're missing out on just how bullshit his damage actually is.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Xingqiu is the only 4* I don't have. I want him so much for both my Diluc and freeze comps!! Mona is an okay substitute, but Xingqiu seems like a much better water applier.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Once I would've recommended Kaeya as a F2P replacement for XQ but unfortunately Kaeya just doesn't work as well with Diluc. His E will apply Cryo that DIluc can Melt, but because of the way the reaction works he'll get rid of the Cryo and leave Pyro behind, meaning the next time Kaeya uses his E it'll be proccing a reverse Melt instead. I similarly found it very inconsistent who would trigger the Melt with Kaeya's Q active. XQ has none of these issues in part because the reverse Vaporize reaction, while it does less damage, leaves the Hydro in place to hit with Pyro multiple times.

Unfortunately there's no easy replacement for that. Barbara swaps technically would work but are super awkward and she also doesn't do anywhere near the damage XQ does. Just gotta hope he shows up in the store soon.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Nakar posted:

Once I would've recommended Kaeya as a F2P replacement for XQ but unfortunately Kaeya just doesn't work as well with Diluc. His E will apply Cryo that DIluc can Melt, but because of the way the reaction works he'll get rid of the Cryo and leave Pyro behind, meaning the next time Kaeya uses his E it'll be proccing a reverse Melt instead. I similarly found it very inconsistent who would trigger the Melt with Kaeya's Q active. XQ has none of these issues in part because the reverse Vaporize reaction, while it does less damage, leaves the Hydro in place to hit with Pyro multiple times.

Unfortunately there's no easy replacement for that. Barbara swaps technically would work but are super awkward and she also doesn't do anywhere near the damage XQ does. Just gotta hope he shows up in the store soon.

Fingers crossed for next banner. I want his C6 :| I am only C2 or something, but I want it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Technically gameplay of Ganyu, but this person decided the one unique thing (charged shot) is too boring

https://streamable.com/71n4wz

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Pain of Mind posted:

I am not sure if it would be possible, it would probably literally be something like 10 years. I had a party member at 79 for months who never left the party and they were not even close to 80 before finally ascending them. I did level my Prototype Aminus and Stringless to 90, figured they will never level up on their own like a character will. The DPS increase going from level 80 to 90 was definitely noticeable, it made WL7 feel the same as WL6. I probably should level up some other weapons, my random supports in the Spiral Abyss do no damage.

Oh, I am certain you're right. The scaling is pretty absurd. WL3 Hillichurls give 14exp. WL7 it's 19 I think. Hilichurl Chieftain is 45/58. Just...I get why they want to have it so low, but it's kind of amusing it's even there.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I leveled Diluc to 89 and he's halfway through the level after weeks of near-constant use, so make of that what you will.

Tae posted:

Technically gameplay of Ganyu, but this person decided the one unique thing (charged shot) is too boring

Her normal attack animation string is very clean though, I like it, but the numbers on it are terrible so you're clearly not supposed to be doing it.

I'm a little worried about potential randomness on her Burst, but at least the Cryo application rate seems quite high.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tae posted:

so the skill basically averts the Amber problem by having huge AOE cryo on cast as well as detonation, while the burst looks to be the worse scenario of random damage procs in an area a la Albedo

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
I was playing around with a Zhongli/Albedo team and compared the initial damage when putting down the stele versus when putting down the flower. At the same level, with 1 more attack on Albedo, 4% more geo damage on Zhongli, and no crits: the flower did 950 and the stele did 130.

I really want to like Geo Grandpa, but at C0 he just feels like a shittier version of Albedo outside of bursting.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

One of Albedo's constellations adds a plunging attack damage boost to people in the range of the elevator, so yeah. I think it's a bit too clunky to make intentional use of most of the time but it is funny.

How does plunge damage work, anyway? The normal attack talent screen lists a plunge damage stat and a low/high plunge damage stat, so it can't be as simple as slotting the former value into a normal damage equation.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I hope I can pull Albedo before the banner is up, because I'm not really feeling Ganyu. The only thing I like is her passive Cryo buff.

Looks like they did change her ascension stat to CRIT DMG, though, so there might be potential for some fun melt headshot shenanigans.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Bloody Emissary posted:

How does plunge damage work, anyway? The normal attack talent screen lists a plunge damage stat and a low/high plunge damage stat, so it can't be as simple as slotting the former value into a normal damage equation.

I think the way it works is that the value that just says plunge damage is what you deal to anything you hit during your descent, and then the low/high values are for the AOE when you land.

E: The weirdest thing I've noticed about plunge attacks is that Ningguang's doesn't share any of the rock breaking properties of her normals, even though I'm pretty sure it still does geo damage. It's just as useless for mining purposes as all the other catalyst and bow attacks. Guessing this probably applies to Klee, too.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jan 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bloody Emissary posted:

I was playing around with a Zhongli/Albedo team and compared the initial damage when putting down the stele versus when putting down the flower. At the same level, with 1 more attack on Albedo, 4% more geo damage on Zhongli, and no crits: the flower did 950 and the stele did 130.

I really want to like Geo Grandpa, but at C0 he just feels like a shittier version of Albedo outside of bursting.

Zhong is getting a lot of changes, alongside Geo in general.