Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

killian hayes has been playing with an ankle injury for like half of his minutes this season and is getting an MRI on it now too. also i cant believe how many people are overreacting to less than 10 games being played by a 19 year old kid during a season with no summer league or preseason

remember when people remembered it could take years for a point guard to develop

I can barely remember what I had for breakfast this morning. Ship me off to the nursing home, buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

https://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/status/1346305184344002562

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

"He was my guard," says Van Gundy, stifling his tears. "I'll do it."

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Steph putting up a second single double in a row.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

does anyone know what set they run this play out of https://twitter.com/Itamar1710/status/1346272277294428160

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
That's a hell of a bench celebration.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DwyaneWade/status/1346350683209928705?s=19

lmao

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

how dare draymond do something likable

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Stevie Lee posted:

the sixers simultaneously expected too much and too little of him. i think he was checked out by the end

The Sixers miscast and misused everyone last year. Yeah let's make J-Rich a spot up shooter and occasional primary ball handler. Great idea. It would be like if they told Curry to lockdown the other teams top ball handler. I don't want to think about last years offense anymore I'm getting PTSD

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

holyshit lol

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Veryslightlymad posted:

That's a hell of a bench celebration.

Seems irresponsible during covid time. Fluid disposal, what not.

I like Wade way more as a twitter follower than I did watching him play.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

predicto posted:

I was screaming at my tv when this happened. Steph was double teamed at midcourt, got it away to the outlet Oubre. So there's a 4 on 3. What does Oubre do? Waits for a while to let the defense catch up and then drives straight at two defenders instead of finding either of the open shooters at the three point line.

He seems to be absolute bottom tier in terms of court awareness.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Oubre plays by the code and will not disrespect the D by taking advantage of them

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/abovethebreak3/status/1346479271305482240

lol

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/apgelston/status/1346289565716402176?s=21

Arguably the best deal for any team this year.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I forgot that GSW has Minny's 2021 first round pick. I wonder if they try to bundle it and get younger/better/reduce salary. My bet is that they don't make any big moves this year and figure they try to run it back one more time next year with Klay.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/1346486847078330368?s=20

Not actually a good defender at all but it's still been a pleasant surprise how active he is

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/1346486847078330368?s=20

Not actually a good defender at all but it's still been a pleasant surprise how active he is

Steals aren't a measurement of on-ball defense but they are still really good. They end a possession and usually generate a really high value transition opportunity on the other side. Especially for guards, people undervalue how much impact steals give you.

If a guard is generally funneling guys the right way and getting a good rate of steals they are generally doing exactly what you want for your defense. People overrate the point-of-attack perimeter defenders too much, you don't need to do that to positively impact your teams defense.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Somebody trade for Harden already so the Nuggets can make a run at PJ Tucker

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I forgot that GSW has Minny's 2021 first round pick. I wonder if they try to bundle it and get younger/better/reduce salary. My bet is that they don't make any big moves this year and figure they try to run it back one more time next year with Klay.

i think at this point if things continue the way they are gsw is probably aware they need to Think About the Future

makes more sense to keep the pick and use it and start building around wiseman

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Lockback posted:

If a guard is generally funneling guys the right way and getting a good rate of steals they are generally doing exactly what you want for your defense. People overrate the point-of-attack perimeter defenders too much, you don't need to do that to positively impact your teams defense.

Sure, but he's real bad at the first part so far

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

MN's top-3 protection looking pretty good right now!

morestuff posted:

Sure, but he's real bad at the first part so far

Oh agreed, but he's like 19 and not playing against chain smoking day labourers anymore so its not a surprise. Point was more if he's getting steals now that's a really good start. But yeah, he's going to be pretty exploitable for a while.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Lockback posted:

MN's top-3 protection looking pretty good right now!

wait until lady luck fucks them into fourth place in the lottery

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Lockback posted:

Oh agreed, but he's like 19 and not playing against chain smoking day labourers anymore so its not a surprise. Point was more if he's getting steals now that's a really good start. But yeah, he's going to be pretty exploitable for a while.

We'll see how it goes but yeah, obviously better than him being bad at everything. Once he fills out and gets some reps his size will help a lot regardless

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

lady luck is adam silver in a wig fyi

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/MasonGinsberg/status/1346302963170611205?s=20

https://twitter.com/MasonGinsberg/status/1346448494723289088?s=20

https://twitter.com/MasonGinsberg/status/1346463745665454080?s=20

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Nice to see Dwight Howard stealing the jimmy butler playbook of doing performative poo poo so people will talk about how hard you work

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Jimmy butler loving rules though. Dwight Howard is hugely fail

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Id buy $15 fun sized skittle packets

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

if dwight ran faster he'd be out of the arena quicker

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

Id buy $15 fun sized skittle packets

would you buy $20 big face branded candy spheroids?

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Time posted:

Nice to see Dwight Howard stealing the jimmy butler playbook of doing performative poo poo so people will talk about how hard you work

One weird trick to staying in the NBA. GMs hate this!

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

hifi posted:

if dwight ran faster he'd be out of the arena quicker

There's probably someone outside waiting to serve him papers for child support

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

i think at this point if things continue the way they are gsw is probably aware they need to Think About the Future

makes more sense to keep the pick and use it and start building around wiseman

Yeah I think they will most likely stand pat this year, but the pick does give them a way to upgrade from Draymond or Wiggins if they really wanted to. How good a player you could get back is still to be determined.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Once again, I just want to remind people, this is LaMelo's second year ever being taught, and being forced to play defense.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This isn’t how the award works but the Timberwolves went from being a team people were saying “the surprising __” about to the worst team in the league once Towns went down. Definitely shows how valuable he is.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Dexo posted:

Once again, I just want to remind people, this is LaMelo's second year ever being taught, and being forced to play defense.

Yeah, I'm not writing him off at all. I was mostly trying to post something positive while also heading off the "steals/blocks ≠ defense" replies

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I'm kind of wanting to see SVG change up his rotations to force some point-Zion minutes, if only to give Ingram a breather and maximize the minutes Ingram and Bledsoe can be on the floor together as shot creators.

Maybe throw some more NAW in, too. Develop his skills, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

He has amazing work ethic in everything that's not his kids' upbringing