Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
+1 Sucrose and Bennett. Between them and Fischl you'll be golden on supports for most non-Abyss content

e: :synpa::synpa::synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

No Wave posted:

I think the Eye is probably better than a refinement 4 frostbearer (and won't cost you any prototypes) for Ninguang.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

They both have the same substat so the only difference is the passive.
Frostbearer is probably good if for some reason you are doing a cryo/geo team, otherwise I bet Eye's proc is gonna be better over all.

thank you. I'll ask again in 3 more months when they release another craftable catalyst

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Clarste posted:

Honestly it's more than a little weird that they translated all these Extremely Chinese Things into Greek/Latin like Rex Lapis and Adeptus.

there's also some stuff that's a little off, like how Zhongli is described as 武神 which I usually see translated in webnovels and stuff as "martial god" vs. the en's "god of war." yeah it's technically kind of correct but the two terms carry very different sets of connotations

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The english team in general seems to be given like the least resources possible, between constant mistranslated that are kinda important (like artifact/skill descriptions) or the forever screwed up thing with Childe's naming convention.

Also no one just writing down how to pronounce names universally.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I'm really not liking world level 5 that much. I put off on doing the AR35 quest, was able to run around with new characters just wasting stuff without that much effort, etc but now with WR5 it feels I hit the real grind of the game to get all the artifacts/weapons/talents upgraded. There isn't a way to drop it is there?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Tae posted:

The english team in general seems to be given like the least resources possible, between constant mistranslated that are kinda important (like artifact/skill descriptions) or the forever screwed up thing with Childe's naming convention.

Also no one just writing down how to pronounce names universally.

The translation is actually way, way higher effort than most, imo.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Nakar posted:

By not doing Anemo DPS. His physical multipliers are ridiculous for his attack speed and he can use the Crescent Pike. The clear intention is that he buffs up and does lots of Anemo-based dashes and plunges, but actually amping Anemo is fairly difficult absent constellations on Jean and Venti. Physical is somewhat easier since Xinyan can buff and shred at C4 and Zhongli may shred in 1.3, and Superconduct is a thing.

If this happens it will be very very dumb but I think it's going to happen. Changing his secondary from Anemo to Crit Rate only makes it more encouraged.

Anemo MC's ult has a 20% anemo RES shred at C6. Not exactly all that practical, but it's there and everyone has it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

BexGu posted:

I'm really not liking world level 5 that much. I put off on doing the AR35 quest, was able to run around with new characters just wasting stuff without that much effort, etc but now with WR5 it feels I hit the real grind of the game to get all the artifacts/weapons/talents upgraded. There isn't a way to drop it is there?

no, your only option is just not doing advancement quests.

but you don't need to be uncapping your entire teams to 80 and pushing every talent to 8 etc, so maybe knowing that lessens the grind? artifacts being RNG and endlessly improvable means they'll always kinda suck but you can definitely stop at just having proper mainstats in your set at +16.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

BexGu posted:

As long as you're half paying attention to progression it shouldn't be an issue. Are you using a team with decent synergy?

WL increases just make your resin spend more efficient. They shouldn't ever be something that gates you from doing stuff.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Had a 5* artifact that was crit dmg, crit chance, attack damage. Upgraded it and a +def popped up. Then the vast majority of upgrades enhanced the def. Is it still decent or should I hold out hope that I get something better?

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Had a 5* artifact that was crit dmg, crit chance, attack damage. Upgraded it and a +def popped up. Then the vast majority of upgrades enhanced the def. Is it still decent or should I hold out hope that I get something better?

In general upgrading to +20 isn't a good use of resources unless you've got everyone on +16 artifacts anyway considering 1->16 is about the same as 16->20. You've got some pretty good substats on that, at this point you're almost certainly better off getting good +16 artifacts for your supports than you are trying to get an even better set of rolls on that one.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It looks like it hit def twice, crit dmg once, and atk once. If you're otherwise done with crimson witch domain I'd just leave for now, you can always go back later. (Looks like a nice flower for Albedo).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hu Tao's voice lines are fully datamined, Rie is unhinged in this role

https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/char/hutao/#scroll_combat_sounds

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

No Wave posted:

For the numbers to be close you have to ignore the anemo goblet's effect on Xiao's E, assume the crescent pike is R5, ignore entirely the benefit of larger attacks and being able to plunge, assume 100% superconduct uptime with no cost, and discount swirls entirely.
I had an error in my math as it turns out, but it doesn't change quite as much as I thought it did. I'm comparing a Jade Winged Spear to an R5 Crescent Pike, Anemo vs. Physical goblets, Viridescent/Gladiator vs. Full Gladiator, optimized Crit stats, no shreds or reactions assumed and no buffs outside of Xiao's own kit (except a Bennett buff of 600 ATK but they both get that so it cancels out), and the basic breakdown is:

JWS: 43953 damage per normal attack string, 103701 damage per Burst-boosted normal attack string, 41129 damage on Skill.
CrPk: 102795 damage per normal attack string, 127002 damage per Burst-boosted normal attack string, 19964 damage on Skill.

You will notice that a Physical goblet Crescent Pike is still winning even when dealing Anemo damage, albeit not by a ton, but also has an absurdly higher damage floor when the Q isn't active, in exchange for half DPS on the Skill. Trading basically 4k DPS for more than twice the damage on normal attacks seems pretty good, but I don't have the frame counts to know how fast Xiao's normal attack string cycles. Swirl is not going to make up for the difference though, especially if you have trouble keeping an element up that long when it's constantly getting Swirled off. XQ can probably manage, but most other supports won't be able to do it. Swirl may also have an internal cooldown on Xiao's basic attacks, though it shouldn't on his Skill.

I wondered if maybe it was 4pc Gladiator and 2pc Viridescent just isn't worth it, so I tried JWS with that. I also tried R2 Crescent Pike:

JWS (4G): 57687 damage per normal attack string, 111549 damage per Burst-boosted normal attack string, 37575 damage on Skill.
CrPk (R2): 91044 damage per normal attack string, 120513 damage per Burst-boosted normal attack string, 19964 damage on Skill.

Alright, that's a lot better. Still losing out on the Physical floor, which could be a factor once shredding and amping is factored in (though we could just leave Zhongli out since his buff shreds all defenses and so would help both equally). My math was incorrect that pressing Q is a DPS loss, but it's possible that it's constructively so if you have Superconduct active. Not that it matters; Physical Crescent Pike build still wins even if you do have the Burst active.

So the difference wasn't as stark as I thought but Crescent Pike is still making an exceptional showing for itself even at R2. Oh, did I forget to mention that I was assuming full stacks of the JWS buff and the DMG bonus you get when you're at full stacks this whole time? Yeah so if you're not at full stacks that hot poo poo five star weapon is actually not doing so hot; you lose about 8k damage per normal attack string (12.7k when Burst is active). I wouldn't sleep on Physical Xiao, it at least looks like a viable build option.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Tae posted:

Wow, the eng VA isn't too terrible but Rie just knocks it out of the park

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Pope Urbane II posted:

As long as you're half paying attention to progression it shouldn't be an issue. Are you using a team with decent synergy?

WL increases just make your resin spend more efficient. They shouldn't ever be something that gates you from doing stuff.

Yeah, I got a Diluc/Albedo/Bennett /Fischl. Before this banner I was running mostly a Diluc/Fischl/Barbara/Xiangling and was gonna try a suggestion of double pryo/double geo with a Diluc/Albedo/Bennett /Ningguang and some other different comps. I guess I find the game more fun just dicking around exploring so being way ahead of the power curve was really nice. Dealing with the new area with leveling 69 monsters is annoying. Really glad I finished the event when I stayed at AR35.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nakar posted:

I had an error in my math as it turns out, but it doesn't change quite as much as I thought it did. I'm comparing a Jade Winged Spear to an R5 Crescent Pike, Anemo vs. Physical goblets, Viridescent/Gladiator vs. Full Gladiator, optimized Crit stats, no shreds or reactions assumed and no buffs outside of Xiao's own kit (except a Bennett buff of 600 ATK but they both get that so it cancels out), and the basic breakdown is:

JWS: 43953 damage per normal attack string, 103701 damage per Burst-boosted normal attack string, 41129 damage on Skill.
CrPk: 102795 damage per normal attack string, 127002 damage per Burst-boosted normal attack string, 19964 damage on Skill.

You will notice that a Physical goblet Crescent Pike is still winning even when dealing Anemo damage, albeit not by a ton, but also has an absurdly higher damage floor when the Q isn't active, in exchange for half DPS on the Skill. Trading basically 4k DPS for more than twice the damage on normal attacks seems pretty good, but I don't have the frame counts to know how fast Xiao's normal attack string cycles. Swirl is not going to make up for the difference though, especially if you have trouble keeping an element up that long when it's constantly getting Swirled off. XQ can probably manage, but most other supports won't be able to do it. Swirl may also have an internal cooldown on Xiao's basic attacks, though it shouldn't on his Skill.

I wondered if maybe it was 4pc Gladiator and 2pc Viridescent just isn't worth it, so I tried JWS with that. I also tried R2 Crescent Pike:

JWS (4G): 57687 damage per normal attack string, 111549 damage per Burst-boosted normal attack string, 37575 damage on Skill.
CrPk (R2): 91044 damage per normal attack string, 120513 damage per Burst-boosted normal attack string, 19964 damage on Skill.

Alright, that's a lot better. Still losing out on the Physical floor, which could be a factor once shredding and amping is factored in (though we could just leave Zhongli out since his buff shreds all defenses and so would help both equally). My math was incorrect that pressing Q is a DPS loss, but it's possible that it's constructively so if you have Superconduct active. Not that it matters; Physical Crescent Pike build still wins even if you do have the Burst active.

So the difference wasn't as stark as I thought but Crescent Pike is still making an exceptional showing for itself even at R2. Oh, did I forget to mention that I was assuming full stacks of the JWS buff and the DMG bonus you get when you're at full stacks this whole time? Yeah so if you're not at full stacks that hot poo poo five star weapon is actually not doing so hot; you lose about 8k damage per normal attack string (12.7k when Burst is active). I wouldn't sleep on Physical Xiao, it at least looks like a viable build option.
But the burst is still better even for physical build Crescent Pike. I see what you mean that going physical goblet could theoretically be better than going anemo goblet depending on how you want to play, but burst is still where you want to be especially given the burst attack size/jump height advantages.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Nakar, does Crescent Pike still work as well if you plan to play Xiao as the sick dunkmeister? Because if you don't plunge 24/7 as him I dunno why you're playing Xiao.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Tae posted:

per character language toggles need to be a thing

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

No Wave posted:

But the burst is still better even for physical build Crescent Pike. I see what you mean that going physical goblet could theoretically be better than going anemo goblet depending on how you want to play, but burst is still where you want to be especially given the burst attack size/jump height advantages.
Again, it really depends. I don't have the model set up to properly account for resistance reduction but a C4 Xinyan can give +15% Physical DMG and -15% Physical Resist on enemies, and Superconduct also reduces Physical Resistance. It may be possible to push the Physical damage output to within a thin margin of the Anemo output, though I'm not sure if it can overtake it. It's harder -- but not impossible -- to amp Anemo the same way: Venti can shred Anemo Resist by up to 24% (ironically though, it also amps Physical, so it's a wash); C6 Anemo Traveler can lower Anemo Resist by 20%; C4 Jean can shred 40% Anemo Resist in her Burst field, which is definitely the biggest damage amp but also the highest Constellation requirement.

Whether the attack size expansion matters, and whether Plunging Attack DPS is significantly higher (which would throw things against 4pc Gladiator as I don't think that bonus applies to Plunging Attacks), is something I can't really calculate, but Crescent Pike and a Physical goblet seem to still have potential to exceed the overall damage of an Anemo setup even when playing the same way (although Crescent Pike I think also doesn't trigger off Plunging Attacks).

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
How about that event epilogue, eh? So Albedo's master is the alchemist who made Durin. Durin is mentioned in Breeze Amidst the Forest Vol. 1 in the context of the alchemist Gold's creation of an army of "shadowy monsters" shortly after the fall of Khaenri'ah, so it seems likely that Rhinedottir is Gold. The fact that the pronouns used for Gold in Breeze Amidst the Forest Vol. 1 have been changed from "he" to "they" sometime within the past few updates provides further (weak) evidence for this theory. Either way, if Albedo's master made Durin then she's hundreds of years old.

On the other hand, the wording in Breeze Amidst the Forest is a bit ambiguous as to whether Durin was one of the dark monsters Gold created, or if it simply rose up from the sea at the same time that Gold made their army. It's possible, though way less likely, that Albedo's master created Durin before Gold's time and the connection here is a red herring. Seems like a weird place to put a twist, though, considering that all this backstory is told through vague allusions in lore books most players won't know anything about. I think Rhinedottir being Gold is way more likely.

Someone on reddit mentioned that with Albedo's master being tied to Durin and by extension Gold and the fall of Khaenri'ah, there seem to be some thematic connections to Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen—specifically the first opera, Das Rheingold. Kaeya's last name is Alberich, the name of the dwarf who stole the Rhinegold used to make the ring the whole opera cycle is named after and later laid a powerful curse on it. The gold itself was protected by the Rheintöchter, who were ordered to guard it by their father; interestingly, "töchter" is daughter in German, while "dottir" is daughter in Old Norse, keeping Rhinedottir's name with the Norse naming conventions GI generally uses for characters/places tied to the game's ancient past (like Dainsleif, Durin, Dvalin, the Mondstadt clans that date back to Decarabian's time, the outlander Imunlaukr, and undoubtedly more that I've forgotten about).

Tae posted:

Some of these lines seem kind of...short? Nondescript? Lacking in character? I can't quite put my finger on it, but they feel like they have less personality.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

BexGu posted:

Yeah, I got a Diluc/Albedo/Bennett /Fischl. Before this banner I was running mostly a Diluc/Fischl/Barbara/Xiangling and was gonna try a suggestion of double pryo/double geo with a Diluc/Albedo/Bennett /Ningguang and some other different comps. I guess I find the game more fun just dicking around exploring so being way ahead of the power curve was really nice. Dealing with the new area with leveling 69 monsters is annoying. Really glad I finished the event when I stayed at AR35.

It sounds like you might be spreading yourself too thin by leveling/building too many units at once? With just Diluc and Fischl you should be able to handle the majority of the open world content. The general advice is to keep a DPS or two as close to maxed out as you can with weapon/talents/accessories and let the supports else lag farther behind.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

What about the option of "build for anemo damage, but still use Crescent Pike because it's broken".
If you use an Anemo goblet instead of a Phys one in that crescent pike build you'll have even higher damage during the burst window.

edit:

Space Opera posted:

It sounds like you might be spreading yourself too thin by leveling/building too many units at once? With just Diluc and Fischl you should be able to handle the majority of the open world content. The general advice is to keep a DPS or two as close to maxed out as you can with weapon/talents/accessories and let the supports else lag farther behind.

The advice on actually leveling your main carry only stays true until about level 60 or 70. After that levels get crazy expensive for not that much benefit, and it's not really worth maxing your carry out before touching the rest of the party.
You should 100% still focus on getting talent levels and artifacts for them first though. And DO level up your carries to uncap their talent levels, once you have the mats for the next levels.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 6, 2021

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Some interesting variation in the "Chat: Taking a Break" for those Hu Tao lines across the languages.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it figures that after dropping Abyss at 11-2 last week i'd toss a few runs at it tonight and suddenly 3-star by the skin of my teeth

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

What about the option of "build for anemo damage, but still use Crescent Pike because it's broken".
If you use an Anemo goblet instead of a Phys one in that crescent pike build you'll have even higher damage during the burst window.
The Crescent Pike's extra hit scales off Physical DMG% so switching to an Anemo DMG% goblet is a DPS loss. Even with the Burst active, Xiao's Anemo normals will still proc Physical Crescent Pike hits. Unless those are also converted to Anemo, but I doubt it since other weapons that proc Physical hits don't work that way; if they are then yeah you probably want to swap goblets.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

But the anemo goblet will buff Xiao's attacks during the burst, which will have a greater effect than buffing the pike procs. So it won't be a DPS loss during burst, but will be a much greater DPS loss outside of burst.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

lurksion posted:

Alright, got some resources stored (basically I pulled at launch, then didn't play in depth until December, gotten up to WL39 atm).

I'm taking it the current banner has super good supports atm and pulling is a good idea atm?

Yes. Albedo is great, as is every 4* on the banner. I strongly suggest at least getting c1 Bennett. Everyone should at least have a c1 Bennett. He's just that good.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

lurksion posted:

Alright, got some resources stored (basically I pulled at launch, then didn't play in depth until December, gotten up to WL39 atm).

:psyduck: I don't understand how you guys get so many primogems so fast.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Framboise posted:

Yes. Albedo is great, as is every 4* on the banner. I strongly suggest at least getting c1 Bennett. Everyone should at least have a c1 Bennett. He's just that good.

I have C5 Bennet but you can't make me use him!

RareAcumen posted:

I don't understand how you guys get so many primogems so fast.

I started playing during the Klee banner and had about that many saved up by the time the Albedo banner came out. It's mostly one-time exploration and quest bonuses though.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

No Wave posted:

But the anemo goblet will buff Xiao's attacks during the burst, which will have a greater effect than buffing the pike procs. So it won't be a DPS loss during burst, but will be a much greater DPS loss outside of burst.
The difference in attack string damage is 6k in favor of Physical, just sitting here toggling between Elemental and Physical goblets. The Crescent Pike is weird and strange bullshit and the passive hits scale better than equivalent stat investments, even factoring in the absurd multiplier of a 4pc Gladiator Xiao under Burst (and it is absurd, something like +125% DMG on his normals or whatever).

The total overall DPS is about equal between goblets though, factoring in the boost to the E damage. They're pretty competitive and it'd probably just come down to which one you had better substats for, with a slight edge to Anemo% at lower Crescent Pike refinements.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Nakar posted:

The Crescent Pike's extra hit scales off Physical DMG% so switching to an Anemo DMG% goblet is a DPS loss. Even with the Burst active, Xiao's Anemo normals will still proc Physical Crescent Pike hits. Unless those are also converted to Anemo, but I doubt it since other weapons that proc Physical hits don't work that way; if they are then yeah you probably want to swap goblets.

Looking at the wiki here, Xiao's attack string at talent level 6 is 8 hits long and does 542% total attack damage. A rank 20 Anemo goblet increases that by 46.6%, so it adds 253% ATK worth of damage to your rotation.
A refinement 5 crescent pike will do 320% atk over those 8 hits. A rank 20 Phys% goblet increases that by 58.3%, so it adds 187% ATK worth of damage to your rotation.
Since these % increases only apply to the base damage, we can ignore all other anemo or phys bonuses while comparing them.

Even with R5 crescent pike, and ignoring all damage from skills, an anemo goblet gives you more damage than a phys goblet during the ult buff.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bennett is slapping ~700 atk onto my Albedo so his burst actually does damage and that's pretty great

otherwise it's like my blossom crits hit harder...

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

RareAcumen posted:

:psyduck: I don't understand how you guys get so many primogems so fast.

I don't whale at all (learned my lesson on that way back in October), just Welkin Moon and Battle Pass, and I've quite easily managed to get every banner 5* so far (on approximately 75-pull pity each time, Venti aside since I rerolled for him), short of Zhongli since I didn't really want him. I'm easily on track to get Ganyu day 1. You just gotta do all your dailies every day and all your quests (drain every gem out of every event too!) and it just comes naturally.

Hell, I'm not even playing optimally because I don't even have the patience to minmax every abyss floor as they reset.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jan 6, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Framboise posted:

I don't whale at all (learned my lesson on that way back in October), just Welkin Moon and Battle Pass, and I've quite easily managed to get every banner 5* so far (on approximately 75-pull pity each time, Venti aside since I rerolled for him), short of Zhongli since I didn't really want him. I'm easily on track to get Ganyu day 1. You just gotta do all your dailies every day and all your quests (drain every gem out of every event too!) and it just comes naturally.

Hell, I'm not even playing optimally because I don't even have the patience to minmax every abyss floor as they reset.

Ah, you're not f2p and getting the 2700 and 640 primogem packs every month too. Okay, that explains it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Framboise posted:

That's still pretty lucky! After 75-90ish pulls you're guaranteed to get some 5*, but there's only a 50% that it'll be the banner's featured one.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Is there decent lore repository somewhere? I've gotten used to just skipping dialogue since I couldn't make hide nor hair of whats going on most of the time. But I might make some effort to actually watch dialogue if I knew some background.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

RareAcumen posted:

Ah, you're not f2p and getting the 2700 and 640 primogem packs every month too. Okay, that explains it.

No, I'm not f2p, but I'm also not blowing fat stacks on the game like I have for other gacha games (because it's literally not worth it in Genshin). The Battle Pass actually has very little impact on wishes imo-- there's still about a week left on this current banner and I'm one 4* away from soft pity on a 5* where I stop pulling, waiting for the next banner. The Battle Pass just gets me there just a liiiiiiittle bit faster-- I get that more for the hero's wits and mora more than anything else.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

That's still pretty lucky! After 75-90ish pulls you're guaranteed to get some 5*, but there's only a 50% that it'll be the banner's featured one.

I am waiting for the backfire where I don't get the banner 5* and I get a dupe Qiqi or something. That's gonna be a sad day but again, I usually get more than enough to stop early in each banner in preparation for the next, so I can just keep going and grab the 5* and shift my expectations to getting the next 5* at the end of the banner after that rather than at the start.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Is there decent lore repository somewhere? I've gotten used to just skipping dialogue since I couldn't make hide nor hair of whats going on most of the time. But I might make some effort to actually watch dialogue if I knew some background.

There should be a decent story recap repository somewhere in the menus where you can go back and read (and even listen to) past dialogues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Excited to see how polearm DPS will work without relying on Crescent Pike. Hu Tao's kit and design looks really fun. Love that she enables a way to get the suspicious food variants.