Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Memento posted:

On his forearm. That's a bold move.

He's not one to minimize his accomplishments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It would be funny if they weren’t misunderstanding the point of the song

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Screaming Idiot posted:

He's not one to minniemize his accomplishments.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

That Minnie Mouse is reminding me of a horrible story I have and I don't even know if you guys would want to read it here (but of course you do).

Had a guy come up to me at a convention with a sketchbook and ask if I could draw his character. I open the book and it's Gadget, the mouse lady from Disney's Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, with a stripe on her arm, but before I can say anything he goes off on this massive tirade about how his character isn't the same as THAT SLUT GADGET something something THAT loving WHORE GADGET I HATE THAT DISGUSTING oval office GADGET. Then says "So anyway, I was thinking you could draw Gadget raping my character. Because I've had it drawn the other way around." I declined.

Just to add I am not even sure what he asked me for, I don't draw cartoony stuff and I definitely don't draw Disney style stuff. If you are imagining this dude as a vast sweaty basement dweller in sweatpants, he was a tall, lanky, fairly polished loud American man in I guess his 50s. This is exactly who I imagine with that Minnie Mouse tattoo.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJz2cWHnJBV

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

That had to have been intentional. Please, Lord tell me it's a meta joke.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

If that's supposed to be a joke tattoo I think I'm going to be waiting a long-rear end time for the punchline.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah it's gotta be an inside joke or something but I still lol'd

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

moerketid posted:

That Minnie Mouse is reminding me of a horrible story I have and I don't even know if you guys would want to read it here (but of course you do).

Had a guy come up to me at a convention with a sketchbook and ask if I could draw his character. I open the book and it's Gadget, the mouse lady from Disney's Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, with a stripe on her arm, but before I can say anything he goes off on this massive tirade about how his character isn't the same as THAT SLUT GADGET something something THAT loving WHORE GADGET I HATE THAT DISGUSTING oval office GADGET. Then says "So anyway, I was thinking you could draw Gadget raping my character. Because I've had it drawn the other way around." I declined.

Just to add I am not even sure what he asked me for, I don't draw cartoony stuff and I definitely don't draw Disney style stuff. If you are imagining this dude as a vast sweaty basement dweller in sweatpants, he was a tall, lanky, fairly polished loud American man in I guess his 50s. This is exactly who I imagine with that Minnie Mouse tattoo.

I'm sitting here going :wtc: over and over in my head.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The year is 2028. The mocking toggle-case Spongebob meme has finally gone out of fashion. Laser removals have become the preferred method of wiping dated references from your skin, after nearly an entire generation began using coverups that also didn't take the brief shelf-life of memes into account. In a crowded tattoo & piercing shop, a man grits his teeth in agony as a hot deathray shears the remnants of Salt-Sprinkling Chef from his left calf, and Roll Safe from the right. Out in the lobby, a middle aged man's jaw quivers after a teenage girl reads the ironic joke on his forearm and asks who Chuck Norris is. He ignores the query, spotting the pair of shoes tattooed on her shoulder blade, and tearfully whispers, "What are thooooose..."

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

sticklefifer posted:

The year is 2028. The mocking toggle-case Spongebob meme has finally gone out of fashion. Laser removals have become the preferred method of wiping dated references from your skin, after nearly an entire generation began using coverups that also didn't take the brief shelf-life of memes into account. In a crowded tattoo & piercing shop, a man grits his teeth in agony as a hot deathray shears the remnants of Salt-Sprinkling Chef from his left calf, and Roll Safe from the right. Out in the lobby, a middle aged man's jaw quivers after a teenage girl reads the ironic joke on his forearm and asks who Chuck Norris is. He ignores the query, spotting the pair of shoes tattooed on her shoulder blade, and tearfully whispers, "What are thooooose..."

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

rydiafan posted:

That had to have been intentional. Please, Lord tell me it's a meta joke.

Also, that tattoo wasn't done by Jason, it was done by Lee Rowlett, the guy that did the greenscreen Rick and Morty tattoo. And yeah# it was totally intentional.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

This is Will Watson. He was just arrested for his role in the insurrection at the capitol. His dumb tattoos were initially identified as a hammer and sickle and used by chuds to support their claims that it was antifa/communists who did were behind the attack. Turns out they're from a video game. What video game, though? When I heard I was 90% sure that it would be one of those Zelda triforce ones, but it isn't.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Scratch Monkey posted:

This is Will Watson. He was just arrested for his role in the insurrection at the capitol. His dumb tattoos were initially identified as a hammer and sickle and used by chuds to support their claims that it was antifa/communists who did were behind the attack. Turns out they're from a video game. What video game, though? When I heard I was 90% sure that it would be one of those Zelda triforce ones, but it isn't.

If you're saying that Link is a commie and him stealing all those rupies was appropriating them for the workers from bourgeoisie castles and dungeons...you might be onto something.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Scratch Monkey posted:

I'm pretty sure that Mortdecai and Rigby would not approve of storming the capital.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

It's from Dishonored, the Outsider's Mark

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

Garrand posted:

OH poo poo SCRATCH MONKEY JUST GOT ROASTED!

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

i started playing Dishonoured recently. It's about a political coup in a society that has collapsed during a pandemic.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

*spends 10 minutes searching, coming up empty*
"OK, probably have nothing in common with that chud"

Garrand posted:

"...goddammit, I own all those games" :smith:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Those games are super dope and this is hardly the first time a CHUD didn't understand a piece of media (see also: Fight Club, Breaking Bad, Rick and Morty.)

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

LifeSunDeath posted:

OH poo poo SCRATCH MONKEY JUST GOT ROASTED!

I don't even know what this means

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Garrand posted:

I don't even know what this means

the answer is, I cannot read, and am running on half-pressed A buttons only as I got zero sleep.

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 00:31 on Jan 13, 2021

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Since you're a smart videogame person, can you tell me whether Metroid's gun is his actual arm, or is it part of his suit?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

rydiafan posted:

Since you're a smart videogame person, can you tell me whether Metroid's gun is his actual arm, or is it part of his suit?

https://i.imgur.com/dHbZeDM.gifv

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rydiafan posted:

Metroid is the ship. The space dude is called Zebes :eng101:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

LifeSunDeath posted:

User "scratch monkey" said the tattoo was from zelda

He said it wasn't from Zelda.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Never 100% sure when it's a roast to know things about video games vs when it's a roast to not know things about video games.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

He said it wasn't from Zelda.

You see, upon reading it again just now, I was the one who got roasted in that scenario. Oof.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Chitin posted:

Never 100% sure when it's a roast to know things about video games vs when it's a roast to not know things about video games.

It's like Global Thermal Nuclear War, the only winning move is not to play

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Schrödinger's Roast

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

It's like Global Thermal Nuclear War, the only winning move is not to play

This is also a videogame reference

Recursive checkmate

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Chitin posted:

What would you say to someone attending a roast (me) but then finding out they were at arby's and it was not a roast at all? would that make you laugh or be mad?

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

LifeSunDeath posted:

What would you say to someone attending a roast (me) but then finding out they were at arby's and it was not a roast at all? would that make you laugh or be mad?

Going to Arby's is its own roast

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Speaking of Arby's, have a look at them gams.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

rydiafan posted:

Metroid was the name of the princess, dude.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

Metroid was the name of the princess, dude.

The one Zelda is always rescuing? I thought she was named Tetris.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

rydiafan posted:

The one Zelda is always rescuing? I thought she was named Tetris.

You're thinking if Rosalina, who got her start being kidnapped by Trans icon Monkey King.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Monkey King lives in Castle Mania, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this conversation reminds me that Pit was just called "Kid Icarus" to his face on Captain N