Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Strong Sauce posted:

it is more likely one of pelosi's aides was in her office doing work when they got the call to leave immediately because of the pending mob. i mean she probably should have hit the power button or locked the computer though.

Good point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

mallratcal posted:

Pelosi and most senators are a million years old and it's surprising they are not doing all of their work with quill pens.

I weep for the capitols IT department.

I saw something the other day saying that when the Capitol is back up and running and Congress reconvenes, anyone who can’t connect to the WiFi without calling tech support gets banned from any committee involved in technology.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/KarateSkool/status/1347951629878915072

Banned from Shopify and Pinterest, lol

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I haven't even tased myself in the balls to death once. I'm such a soy snowflake...

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Some Guy From NY posted:

true, but why the hell do these computers not lock out/log off due to inactivity automatically? my company's computers do.

I admit I was a little surprised to learn that I have better infosec on my shitposting station than there is for the official government computers used by the US Congress.

lol

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

2 of the Trump Merch stores were apparently using Shopify

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Some Guy From NY posted:

true, but why the hell do these computers not lock out/log off due to inactivity automatically? my company's computers do.

They probably do, the least-restrictive standard I know of is 15 minutes.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Hazo posted:

I saw something the other day saying that when the Capitol is back up and running and Congress reconvenes, anyone who can’t connect to the WiFi without calling tech support gets banned from any committee involved in technology.

I'm not insisting that oversight committees have an entrance exam, I'm just saying it wouldn't hurt.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/facebookvillain/status/1347930772796223493?s=19

Lol

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Grillparzer posted:

dusting off this account after 7 years to say

rolf !!!!

IT'S ROFL DAMMIT

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006
I keep lolling at that Animaniacs video, it's stuck in my head on a loop. I hope that makes it into a museum someday.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Some Guy From NY posted:

You can't solve the dancing bunnies problem with IT policies if your user is a Senator.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Waiting for videos of chuds tasering themselves in the balls to prove that Trump supporters are tough enough to take it so that guy must have been an antifa plant.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The more likely and infinitely more terrifying reading of that is that it was a man so overwhelmed by his genuine love of Donald J Trump that he is moved to tears at the mere thought of him.

It also genuine when I say Trans rights are human rights. The right defining virtue signaling as insincere is itself insincere. It's just a part of their inability to empathize. This man is performing Alt-Right virtue signaling though his choice of language (ie. Patriot, die in my boots) which has been refined though cult reinforcement.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

tmm3k posted:

I keep lolling at that Animaniacs video, it's stuck in my head on a loop. I hope that makes it into a museum someday.

https://twitter.com/jacob_posts/status/1347238285500944391

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

A 21 ball tase salute
You missed the chance to call it a 21-stun salute and for this I will never forgive you

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

:hmbol:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
:patriot: AH'S SO SICK AWV ALL THIS HERE racial equality FRAUD GOIN ON IN MAH COUNTRY, THESE HERE'S JUST white GEWD PEOPLE JUST WANTIN ARE COUNTRY BACK :cry:

*tazers my own balls and dies making GBS threads self loudly*

:ghost:LOOKIE MAW, AH'S A MARTAR NOW

crispix fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 9, 2021

h3r0n
Dec 22, 2005

Our collective balls:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Roftmbo

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Hazo posted:

First day back at work will also coincidentally be 'Bring your grand child to work' day.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Senior Trump Official: We Were Wrong, He’s a ‘Fascist’

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2021/01/capitol-riot-senior-trump-official-calls-him-a-fascist.html?__twitter_impression=true

On Friday afternoon, 48 hours after the U.S. Capitol was stormed by violent insurrectionists encouraged by Donald Trump in an attempt to overthrow the government in protest of his election loss, a senior member of his administration spoke to me while he was driving to work.

“This is confirmation of so much that everyone has said for years now — things that a lot of us thought were hyperbolic. We’d say, ‘Trump’s not a fascist,’ or ‘He’s not a wannabe dictator.’ Now, it’s like, ‘Well, what do you even say in response to that now?’

For four years, people like this official — lifelong Republican operatives — have convinced themselves that Trump’s obvious faults were worth tolerating if it meant implementing a conservative policy agenda. These officials believed the benefits of remaking the courts with conservative justices, or passing tax reform, outweighed the risks that a Trump presidency posed to democracy and to the reputation of the country in the world. Now, at the eleventh hour, with twelve days left before Joe Biden is sworn into office, it’s clear to some that it was always a delusion.

“This is like a plot straight out of the later, sucky seasons of House of Cards where they just go full evil and say, ‘Let’s spark mass protests and start wars and whatever,’” the senior administration official said.

“I went through Access Hollywood, Charlottesville — all of these insane things. There’s some degree of growing accustomed to the craziness. It’s not like my heart is racing, like, Oh, God, how am I supposed to react to this? It’s just more that I’m depressed. For people who devoted years of their lives to dealing with the insanity in an attempt to advance a policy agenda that you believe in, all of that has been wiped out. The legacy of the Trump administration is going to be that the president sparked an insurrection and people died because he tried his best to not abide by the Constitution and the tradition of a peaceful transition of power that’s been the norm since our founding. Nothing else is even going to be a side note.”
Click to shrink...

This adviser, who spoke to Trump on Wednesday amid the siege, said Trump watched the events on television intently. CNN reported that he was so excited by the action, it “freaked out” some staffers around him. The adviser told me that Trump expressed disgust on aesthetic grounds over how “low class” his supporters looked. “He doesn’t like low class things,” the adviser said, explaining that Trump had a similar reaction over the summer to a video of Brad Parscale, his former campaign manager, shirtless and drinking a beer in his driveway during a mental health emergency in which police tackled him and seized his weapons. “He kept mentioning, ‘Oh, did you see him in his beer shirt?’ He was annoyed. To him, it’s just low class, in other words.”

The adviser said that Trump recently offered them a pardon, although they have not been charged with any crime. The adviser “politely declined.” Others are taking Trump’s pardon offers more seriously, whether they’ve been investigated or are at risk of jail time or not. “He’s just talking up a storm about giving pardons to allies: His kids, and their significant others, and staffers. He’s pretty generous with the offers. When you’re offered one, it’s like, Should I take it? Is it like insurance?”

One person close to Trump’s legal team told me that the lawyers have struggled to get his attention. “He’s sort of turning on everybody. The president is so visceral, he just can’t hear people unless he can respect them. And he thinks everybody’s a traitor, even the people who got him through impeachment. It’s just nuts.”

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Big Beef City posted:

If these things aren't using some form of preboot encryption and multi factor authentication in addition to that I'd call you a liar and them criminal. Like not even in the realm of 'may very well'.
Legal minimum. Insurance companies use this for sales agents.
I can only imagine what they'd use for govt officials in positions like this.
I'm mostly allowing for the same sort of exceptions Hillary Clinton got for being both old and powerful. Multifactor authentication is possibly beyond a lot of Congress (but you're entirely right).

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Or she, you know, had to run away from the mob trying to kill her when security came for her
Win+L needs to be tied into people's standing motion at the limbic level. It's unfortunately not something most users do on reflex.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1347702975049854976?s=21
I’m not sure that’s how this works...

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1347353260953255940?s=21
Well, your credentials check out

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

I went to sleep loling and I woke up loling.

The President of the United States and narcissist of the highest order has just been isolated from all forms of communication with the outside world. :hmbol: gently caress you Domald you wet puddle of barely-sentient baby diarrhea.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They need a panic button kill-switch to lockdown everything.

Never did understand why they didn't kill the power.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The Last Call posted:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I know it's a very minor thing to complain about but one thing I really hate about these fascist redhats is that their gun captions are always like "welcome to MY hood, homie!" like the last rap song they heard was Gangsta's Paradise.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Fake James posted:

Hello from the other siiiiiide
I tazed my balls and then I diiiiied

britishbornandbread posted:

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
I tazed my fucken balls

I just feel like signal boosting these, I lol’d super hard this morning at them

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Fistboy posted:

Destroying your federally funded building is bad.

Burning and looting private businesses is ok.

I loving hate Trump supporters but there is so much hypocrisy right now.
I just realized I can ask someone about the inherent difference between these two situations to gauge how to respond to them. If they see an inherent difference, I'll do what I can to explain. If they don't, I'll just give them a link to the Missing Missing Reasons page and tell them good luck with their life.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I guess US foreign policy of exporting democracy is a more "do as I say, not as I do" directive

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/allinwithchris/...%5Es1_&ref_url=

https://twitter.com/AntiFashGordon/...%5Es1_&ref_url=

https://twitter.com/daveyalba/statu...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

body slam me president itoh-chan

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Flyinglemur posted:

Joined at 18, retired at 38. A lot of Vets go to work for the USPS for 20 or so years after that and it is a pretty good gig. Some Vets come out of the military with physical and mental poo poo to the point that the VA pays them to NOT work because they are too disabled.

And like was previously said, a lot of dipshits claim to be retired when they aren't. A friend of my dad's wore a RETIRED NAVY ballcap and he justified that by saying he served for 4 years and is now a retired teacher, so.

one of my lovely and weird uncles who is a useless dumbass that can’t cook or clean and has zero friends and also loves trump would actually dare to drive around using the Medal of Honor recipient plates even though he has never served in any way and these belonged to my grandfather

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
All the conservative crybabies screaming about censorship somehow forgot that they voted to make it so private companies control what they do, even if it breaks some laws. Gay people and bakeries refusing to make a cake for them. Ah. Reaping and sowing.

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

Also, I must say, having lost a testicle to cancer this very past summer, the idea of tazing yourself in the balls...TO DEATH...for dornld loving tramp.

Mama mia that's-a good.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/andrewkimmel/st...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Shocking, are you shocked, I'm sure your shocked.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

The Last Call posted:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2021/01/capitol-riot-senior-trump-official-calls-him-a-fascist.html?__twitter_impression=true

On Friday afternoon, 48 hours after the U.S. Capitol was stormed by violent insurrectionists encouraged by Donald Trump in an attempt to overthrow the government in protest of his election loss, a senior member of his administration spoke to me while he was driving to work.

“This is confirmation of so much that everyone has said for years now — things that a lot of us thought were hyperbolic. We’d say, ‘Trump’s not a fascist,’ or ‘He’s not a wannabe dictator.’ Now, it’s like, ‘Well, what do you even say in response to that now?’

For four years, people like this official — lifelong Republican operatives — have convinced themselves that Trump’s obvious faults were worth tolerating if it meant implementing a conservative policy agenda. These officials believed the benefits of remaking the courts with conservative justices, or passing tax reform, outweighed the risks that a Trump presidency posed to democracy and to the reputation of the country in the world. Now, at the eleventh hour, with twelve days left before Joe Biden is sworn into office, it’s clear to some that it was always a delusion.

“This is like a plot straight out of the later, sucky seasons of House of Cards where they just go full evil and say, ‘Let’s spark mass protests and start wars and whatever,’” the senior administration official said.

“I went through Access Hollywood, Charlottesville — all of these insane things. There’s some degree of growing accustomed to the craziness. It’s not like my heart is racing, like, Oh, God, how am I supposed to react to this? It’s just more that I’m depressed. For people who devoted years of their lives to dealing with the insanity in an attempt to advance a policy agenda that you believe in, all of that has been wiped out. The legacy of the Trump administration is going to be that the president sparked an insurrection and people died because he tried his best to not abide by the Constitution and the tradition of a peaceful transition of power that’s been the norm since our founding. Nothing else is even going to be a side note.”
Click to shrink...

This adviser, who spoke to Trump on Wednesday amid the siege, said Trump watched the events on television intently. CNN reported that he was so excited by the action, it “freaked out” some staffers around him. The adviser told me that Trump expressed disgust on aesthetic grounds over how “low class” his supporters looked. “He doesn’t like low class things,” the adviser said, explaining that Trump had a similar reaction over the summer to a video of Brad Parscale, his former campaign manager, shirtless and drinking a beer in his driveway during a mental health emergency in which police tackled him and seized his weapons. “He kept mentioning, ‘Oh, did you see him in his beer shirt?’ He was annoyed. To him, it’s just low class, in other words.”

The adviser said that Trump recently offered them a pardon, although they have not been charged with any crime. The adviser “politely declined.” Others are taking Trump’s pardon offers more seriously, whether they’ve been investigated or are at risk of jail time or not. “He’s just talking up a storm about giving pardons to allies: His kids, and their significant others, and staffers. He’s pretty generous with the offers. When you’re offered one, it’s like, Should I take it? Is it like insurance?”

One person close to Trump’s legal team told me that the lawyers have struggled to get his attention. “He’s sort of turning on everybody. The president is so visceral, he just can’t hear people unless he can respect them. And he thinks everybody’s a traitor, even the people who got him through impeachment. It’s just nuts.”

name and loving shame what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Corny and lame