Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Extortionist posted:

You can save Takemura during the raid.

But you absolutely should not do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

marshmallow creep posted:

Yeah I just got the same ending. Shame that Hanako gets killed because you're not there to help her with her brother and Takemura commits suicide after sending you a final "burn in hell" voice message.

Not a shame at all, she is actively working to turn Saburo, the biggest piece of poo poo in the setting, into an AI god-king. The sister you don't meet would probably be the best leader for arasaka, but she also hates the company so her "faction" is really just a bunch of people who don't like Yorinobu or Hanako. Yorinobu is the best option as far as the game world is concerned.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Farm Frenzy posted:

id keep the big 'organised crime' fights marked and get rid of the weird level scaling thing entirely. also all the gigs that are just clearing out a building or whatever would still be there. i just think the game is pretty bad at distinguishing between the large amounts of actually worthwhile content and the huge pile of weird mmo filler poo poo
BETTER icons are something the game is in dire need of, yeah. Though funny enough "More scaling!" would be appreciated for the side hustle stuff because Leveled Loot is probably here to stay without mods.

"Oh boy, this cool looking legendary cyber visor with a mountain of flavor text has... 3.7 defense and no slots welp. I'll put it on the shelf next to the rare tank top another one of these 'reward' spots gave me... Why do I crave scaled loot again? *Sees another weapon for sale at six figures with -200 DPS and 1 level too high to equip* Ah yes, because the vendors are even MORE MMO like!"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 10, 2021

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Extortionist posted:

Oh really? That's...

Funky See Funky Do posted:

TheAnomaly posted:

Not a shame at all, she is actively working to turn Saburo, the biggest piece of poo poo in the setting, into an AI god-king. The sister you don't meet would probably be the best leader for arasaka, but she also hates the company so her "faction" is really just a bunch of people who don't like Yorinobu or Hanako. Yorinobu is the best option as far as the game world is concerned.

Oh...:smith:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Just finished it and did the secret ending. Fit absolutely perfectly my conception of V. Sick of all the politics and uncertainty, going in and cutting the Gordian Knot, crippling Arasaka and taking mikoshi on my own terms. And then the last twist... I left my body behind. Let Johnny take it. I spent the entire game getting cybered up, fully investing in hacking and whatnot and generally going full netrunner. I actually got as far as lying in the well, telling Johnny I wanted my body back before getting up and sprinting into the light while he called on me to stop. The denoument scene was super nice, and reminded me that as I was getting Johnny's memories and mannerisms, he was getting mine too. The character in the final scene ended up as a weird sort of gestalt of our two personalities. Cyberpunk as gently caress. Loved it, loved it.

Easily one of my top games, ever.

edit: PHOTO MODDDDEEEEE

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 10, 2021

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Extortionist posted:

When Johnny said to book at after the floor collapses, I just jumped straight back up and started blasting instead, and suddenly a new objective was in progress. Is there something that clues you in that you can save him if you don't just have the urge to run in and fight?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I didn't know Taekmura could be saved either. I thought I was in an on-the-rails segment and just moved where it felt the game wanted me to move. Good to know it's possible.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

there should be a third option to change their heart through my love and great dick

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Infinite Karma posted:

When Johnny said to book at after the floor collapses, I just jumped straight back up and started blasting instead, and suddenly a new objective was in progress. Is there something that clues you in that you can save him if you don't just have the urge to run in and fight?

I don't think there's anything explicit, I just figured it was a Deus Ex reference and checked.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Finished game, immediately started new game.

Very hard is like a completely different game. I had been playing on Hard but...yeah. I suspect just like the Witcher the higher difficulty will wane as I acclimate to it and get more resources but it's been tough so far.

Also I thought I would be tired of the dialogue on the second playthrough but so far I've barely noticed.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I've cleared out all the side quests but there's still this "do quests until the Bartmoss person is available to call" objective. Maybe that updates after Gimme Danger? I've gathered there isn't much main quest left after that so I've been saving it. Well I'm level 49, no time like the present tomorrow

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

2house2fly posted:

I've cleared out all the side quests but there's still this "do quests until the Bartmoss person is available to call" objective. Maybe that updates after Gimme Danger? I've gathered there isn't much main quest left after that so I've been saving it. Well I'm level 49, no time like the present tomorrow

Yeah, you can't do it until Act 3, and after some additional side quests.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Rip. I don't have one of the Cyberpsycho quests on my map. :(

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Mordiceius posted:

Is it the one in Northside of Watson? I think that one only spawns at certain times of the day. Or it could just be bugged, if it's the one I'm thinking of it's actually pretty notorious for being buggy.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The dildo "one handed club" is censored.

0/10 worst game ever.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

One of the cyberpsycho missions only appears after the first time you visit a certain clothing shop and leave again.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Is it the one in Northside of Watson? I think that one only spawns at certain times of the day. Or it could just be bugged, if it's the one I'm thinking of it's actually pretty notorious for being buggy.

Nah. It's one in the badlands.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/cyberpunk-2077/Cyberpsycho_Sighting:_The_Wasteland

Maybe I just need to do more of the story? I'm level 34, street cred level 50, but only about half the way through act 2 (done the Evelyn & Voodoo boys questline but haven't done the Takemura or Panam questlines).

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jan 10, 2021

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Mordiceius posted:

Nah. It's one in the badlands.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/cyberpunk-2077/Cyberpsycho_Sighting:_The_Wasteland

Maybe I just need to do more of the story? I'm level 34, street cred level 50, but only about half the way through act 2 (done the Evelyn & Voodoo boys questline but haven't done the Takemura or Panam questlines).
You need to do more story. There's a few side quests that are gated by the story and a few gigs that are gated by previous gigs.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Mercurius posted:

You need to do more story. There's a few side quests that are gated by the story and a few gigs that are gated by previous gigs.

Okay. Cool, that's good.

Seems like there's still a lot of misinformation online about what triggers availability of gigs and side missions. Almost everything online said that Cyberpsycho should be available pretty early, but I found one site that said it requires one of the Panam main story quests.

I've been really enjoying just hanging out in this world doing side missions.

At almost 50 hours on my save. Character level 34. Street cred 50. This is my world progress:

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

2house2fly posted:

After you rescue Nancy from Maelstrom, call her up and she will say she totally forgot about that story but you can try to dig something up if you want

Bartmoss collective is a great side mission though, payoff is worth the trouble

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Is there ever any excuse for why it's impossible to just reverse the damage done by the bio chip by making another one with only v in it and sticking it back in their own body? I should work for arasaka in space. Fire that blonde lady.

Also it seemed like yorinobu was intent on destroying arasaka (fomenting war with militech, getting Johnny into the hands of netwatch etc) or did I miss something?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

cmon January Patch i wanna do my 2nd playthrough
I just started one...should I hold off on it? What’s coming in that patch?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I just started one...should I hold off on it? What’s coming in that patch?

Likely qol/bug fixes. Doubt it will add much to change a play through.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Without better enemy AI and a reveal of that mysterious extra parameter, I don’t think it will make much of a difference, yeah.

Is better AI on the table for any future patch or is that just not something that they’re ever going to do?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Is there ever any excuse for why it's impossible to just reverse the damage done by the bio chip by making another one with only v in it and sticking it back in their own body? I should work for arasaka in space. Fire that blonde lady.

I'd imagine w/e V engram ends up on that chip would be out of date / out of sync with present V, so either way they'd be overwritten (but in this case with a divergent version of themselves).

Also it seemed like yorinobu was intent on destroying arasaka (fomenting war with militech, getting Johnny into the hands of netwatch etc) or did I miss something?

Do the Arasaka ending and find out.

Edit: Wait, looks like you did... He literally explains that's what he was trying to do.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

itry posted:

I'd imagine w/e V engram ends up on that chip would be out of date / out of sync with present V, so either way they'd be overwritten (but in this case with a divergent version of themselves).

Do the Arasaka ending and find out.

In relation to the first bit wouldnt soul killer sort that out though. It seems to work in all of the endings in separating v from johnny.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Haha looks like trying to uncrouch in front of yorinobu I missed a couple of things lol.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

How did the UI get so much worse than that? Look how neat and organized and logical it is compared the mess it is now.

For loving real. My brain is having a seizure just trying to get the logic behind the current state of the UI.

Just lol at getting back to this game at this point. I'll wait a year and then consider it if the gameplay / balance / UI / literally everything has been improved considerably.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

In relation to the first bit wouldnt soul killer sort that out though. It seems to work in all of the endings in separating v from johnny.

Edit: Sorry, vague spoilers for other endings follows.

I don't think Arasaka scientists know how to do what Alt has done. And Alt can't do it because it would require manufacturing another chip and inserting it into a comatose V (which requires hands).

itry fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jan 10, 2021

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It really is one of the worst inventories in gaming history. it's somehow worse than a bethesda game. TW3 was similar though. Someone needs to tell CDPR that less is more.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I want a DLC which is just all the clothing we can't currently get that the NPCs are walking around in.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

itry posted:

Edit: Sorry, vague spoilers for other endings follows.

I don't think Arasaka scientists know how to do what Alt has done. And Alt can't do it because it would require manufacturing another chip and inserting it into a comatose V (which requires hands).

I guess it makes sense when you consider that arasaka manage to only partially remove johnny and gently caress up your brain

I really enjoyed the final sequences in the endings more than I thought I would. specifically the Johnny takes over and the space station recovery sequence

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

It really is one of the worst inventories in gaming history. it's somehow worse than a bethesda game. TW3 was similar though. Someone needs to tell CDPR that less is more.
There’s clearly a lot of gamers for whom more is more, and the current state of open world games reflects that in every way.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

DancingShade posted:

I want a DLC which is just all the clothing we can't currently get that the NPCs are walking around in.

INJECT THIS IN MY VEINSSSSS

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

DancingShade posted:

Artelier posted:

INJECT THIS IN MY VEINSSSSS
Going cyber psycho I can't have the garish cyber hooker glowing legs.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i cant believe gorilla arms are the most fun of all the arms

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Eau de MacGowan posted:

i cant believe gorilla arms are the most fun of all the arms
I bought mantis blades first and immediately realized my mistake.

You can’t sell cyber parts right? I’m not completely misunderstanding something?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Let me have that holographic hoodie!

And also make Rhyno a romance option (if you have to gate the romance she should require Body 16+ instead of any sex/voice thing.)

8one6 fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jan 10, 2021

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
Idk if any difficulty in this game can present a challenge if you focus Quickhacking outside of a few particular missions. You don't even have to leave your car lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Samurai Sanders posted:

I bought mantis blades first and immediately realized my mistake.

mantis blades are hands down my biggest disappointment about this game, theyre somehow lamer than katanas, thanks japan