Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Arrhythmia posted:

I'm gonna do bleedbow glad but I haven't seen a lot of people talking about it this time around :ohdear:

This is my plan, but no news is good news since it seems minimally impacted by changes to glad nodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Yeah, bleed builds continue to fly under the radar. Gladiator took a ~10% dps hit from the rework depending on which nodes you're looking at, but got some weapon-agnostic block and also the highly mysterious Jack the Axe buff.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

search engine posted:

Yeah, bleed builds continue to fly under the radar. Gladiator took a ~10% dps hit from the rework depending on which nodes you're looking at, but got some weapon-agnostic block and also the highly mysterious Jack the Axe buff.

Isn't that the other unique that also talks?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Arrhythmia posted:

Isn't that the other unique that also talks?

Yes, it’s a very good and cheap weapon for bleed glad and it does talk

And it probably got better!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

pork never goes bad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg9H2RVsmas

I cannot decide between Raider and Deadeye now. I really want to try the wall chain node, but the sheer speed of raider sounds great both for leveling and endgame.

Any of y'all starting bows? What are your plans?

https://pastebin.com/SJFcapx3

Doomfletch Raider. Still working on it, but the tree is mostly done.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Right now I'm torn between Flicker Strike and Frost Blades on a Raider. How hard is it to get Frost Blades's single target into respectable bossing territory?

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

Attorney at Funk posted:

How hard is it to get Frost Blades's single target into respectable bossing territory?

Pretty loving hard, from past experience.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Captain Foo posted:

Yes, it’s a very good and cheap weapon for bleed glad and it does talk

And it probably got better!

It's literally twice as good for bleeds as it used to be, and there's the complete unknown of the thirst for blood skill that it adds now. I'm guessing it'll be something pretty minor related to life leech, but who knows.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If anyone else is also doing Matth's BB/BF Assassin, he updated the PoB due to some miscalculations: https://pastebin.com/jjeybJ81

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Attorney at Funk posted:

Right now I'm torn between Flicker Strike and Frost Blades on a Raider. How hard is it to get Frost Blades's single target into respectable bossing territory?

It's decent baseline (white wind, touch of anguish, etc) if you have rage to pop berserk and use assassin's mark or whatever curse is best for your current gear. Scaling it past that baseline is all about stacking flat phys and crit multi which is expensive but not impossible or even especially complicated.

It's better post-delirium because there are some really sick cluster jewels for frost blades, most notably, the one that lets you shock with cold damage.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Attorney at Funk posted:

i've seen frost blades zerker pull it off but frost blades feels like one of those skills that haven't aged well in poe sadly

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

im hoping with the tank and damage of BBBF chief i can start slamming the 10 boss encounters and make fat stacks.

launch the league GG im ready

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

queeb posted:

launch the league GG im ready

No don't, I'm still at work and I have tomorrow off.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

whypick1 posted:

This.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Thanks, this looks great - a little low on life, but that's ranger for you. Are you planning to level with split/barrage too? Heartseeker looks like a strong cluster for damage per point with no travel - is there a specific reason you didn't grab it?

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Vasudus posted:

I respect the absolute commitment to going fast implied by using Daresso's.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

edit: nevermind pastebin's not working.

Meeko fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 14, 2021

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

you need like.. 40% more life on there.

edit: im dumb, if you're going dodge/evade

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Since I'm one of those weirdos who likes trap builds I'm gonna do octavian's explosive trap, that's actually one I've never used before.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

whypick1 posted:

Our company didn't take MLK day off last year, but we acquired a new company who does so we're getting this monday off this year to be woker.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Slayer reave. Reave reave. God if they increased the reave timer to like 8 or 12 seconds it’d feel so much better.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
isnt it a federal holiday? you think anyone who isnt a service sector job would jump at the chance to not pay holiday hours

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Wuxi posted this in the discord and after trying it, it's definitely the way I'm leveling this BB chieftain. It's noticeably faster than any other method, doesn't require a ton of regrets, and a nice bonus is that a lot of your socket colors are what you'll need for BB/BF. The damage through the first few acts felt very comfy.

quote:

I think the easiest leveling would be Witch muling -> Check for Wands/boots, buy Explosive Trap, get to Submerged, run Tidal, pick Flame Wall, Infused Channeling, Quicksilver and Frost Blink
Probably buy Swift Assembly too
Passive-wise beeline straight to Divine Judgement, no detours and you'll get there by lvl14
Once you're 14 its going to be easy and Explosive Trap and HFT both scale the same way as BB/BF

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Red Red Blue posted:

Since I'm one of those weirdos who likes trap builds I'm gonna do octavian's explosive trap, that's actually one I've never used before.

As someone who did one last league be aware you will not be able to see poo poo which may be an issue this league.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Zenithe posted:

As someone who did one last league be aware you will not be able to see poo poo which may be an issue this league.

I've done a lot of ice trap with the frostflower mtx unless it's somehow worse than that it'll be fine

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Soiled Meat

Zero VGS posted:

Our company didn't take MLK day off last year, but we acquired a new company who does so we're getting this monday off this year to be woker.

Good.

Saturday I must be physically present for my zoom baby shower at family friend's house. But no boys allowed on the zoom party, boys have cooties. So I'm gonna have a no girls allowed LAN party in the host's son's room. He showed me his autohotkey setup for his roblox trainer, so I think he is gonna dig this.

I don't even plan for this poo poo. It just keeps happening on fated days and I keep going greater lengths to league start.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Papercut posted:

Wuxi posted this in the discord and after trying it, it's definitely the way I'm leveling this BB chieftain. It's noticeably faster than any other method, doesn't require a ton of regrets, and a nice bonus is that a lot of your socket colors are what you'll need for BB/BF. The damage through the first few acts felt very comfy.

I did a run through Act 1 with HFT, Flame Wall and Ethereal Knives and it was ok as well, managed a 26 minute Merveil (not counting the time to mule). Explosive trap is probably better than EK, though.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Final recap of prepatch and launch info - along with links to torrents and some wallpapers? - is now up.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/Tytykiller_/status/1349275208264282113

Tytykiller's starter tier list

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
tie23he published the exact same list about 10 minutes before tyty did :v:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

pork never goes bad posted:

Thanks, this looks great - a little low on life, but that's ranger for you. Are you planning to level with split/barrage too? Heartseeker looks like a strong cluster for damage per point with no travel - is there a specific reason you didn't grab it?

Hearseeker is a good cluster and I most likely will be grabbing it when I finalize my tree. I'm going to take one last pass on POEDB for cluster jewels and see if there's anything I want to do. Right now I have basically 10 points free.

Ideally I'll be dodge capped and maybe possibly spell dodge capped, along with Wind Dancer/Dread Banner/Avatar of the Veil and maybe a source of blind. Things are going to have a pretty hard time hitting me.

Wilekat posted:

I respect the absolute commitment to going fast implied by using Daresso's.

I haven't used Daresso's since Warbands, and the new and improved version in conjunction with going Raider is pretty much the best opportunity to do so.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

god im gonna be so slow waddling around on chieftain bf/bb

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Traxis posted:

I did a run through Act 1 with HFT, Flame Wall and Ethereal Knives and it was ok as well, managed a 26 minute Merveil (not counting the time to mule). Explosive trap is probably better than EK, though.

Ethereal Knives has Onslaught but not nearly the damage of Explosive Trap, since there's no passives scaling it near Marauder or Templar start. Its up to you what you prefer though. Between HFT and Flame Wall I don't think Onslaught uptime will be high enough though and if you rely solely on EK for clear your damage will suffer.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Hearseeker is a good cluster and I most likely will be grabbing it when I finalize my tree. I'm going to take one last pass on POEDB for cluster jewels and see if there's anything I want to do. Right now I have basically 10 points free.

Ideally I'll be dodge capped and maybe possibly spell dodge capped, along with Wind Dancer/Dread Banner/Avatar of the Veil and maybe a source of blind. Things are going to have a pretty hard time hitting me.

I haven't used Daresso's since Warbands, and the new and improved version in conjunction with going Raider is pretty much the best opportunity to do so.

If I have the motivation to do a second build this league I think I'll try this one if it goes well for you. Haven't done a bow build since tornado shot was the hot new thing, and this one looks like fun, especially if I have some currency to start it up.

At least starting with BB chief there are a lot of other people in the same boat so we can share tips, and it's pretty much all rares so shouldn't be too much more expensive to gear just because it's popular.

Still almost want to go ancestral warchieftan with facebreakers but I'll probably regret not going bladeblast if I do it.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

I think I'm starting with a rearguard bowiator

https://pastebin.com/EC3KjzVs

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What are the pros and cons of BF BB? Is it just really solid at both bossing and decent clear?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
vasudus give me a stupid suggestion

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Zotix posted:

What are the pros and cons of BF BB? Is it just really solid at both bossing and decent clear?

Pros: okay clear, great damage, tanky, skills look cool, cheap

Cons: two buttons

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MMF Freeway posted:

Pros: okay clear, great damage, tanky, skills look cool, cheap

Cons: two buttons

YMMV on the con.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus