Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Padical
Nov 29, 2004

Flunky posted:

doug's dad is creepy

"I would have voted for Obama a third time if I could have, Skeeter."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Mode 7 posted:

I remember enjoying Aaahh!!! Real Monsters but also I have not watched it since I was a child and will never do so again.

same. if I dig very deep I think I can remember the main 3 characters names and that's all I've retained. it wasn't as good as angry beavers

Icus, Crumb, Obleena ?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Growing up I wanted to be like Doug. As I got older, I wanted to be more like Skeeter. Now that I'm an adult, I want to be more like Roger and just harass people.

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

Pulvis Sumus posted:

I used to live with a guy whose schtick was to regularly impersonate Mr. Dink trying to sell weed to Doug whenever we smoked. He was pretty good at it. Welp that's my story.

I would marry that man and follow him to the gates of perdition

Very Expensive

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

Legin Noslen posted:

Bunch of Roger Klotz ITT

Sexy cool guys ITT

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Pepper Ann would kick Doug's rear end.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

I remember enjoying Aaahh!!! Real Monsters but also I have not watched it since I was a child and will never do so again.

Ahh Real Monsters had an extremely gender ambiguous teacher that was definitely ahead of its time

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

wtf is doug

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Applewhite posted:

pretty sure arthur could kick doug's rear end

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

we'll never truly know dude

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Applewhite posted:

https://dinksuckdick.ytmnd.com/

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Ringo Star Get posted:

Growing up I wanted to be like Doug. As I got older, I wanted to be more like Skeeter. Now that I'm an adult, I want to be more like Roger and just harass people.

im becoming the best character, mr dink

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Flunky posted:

doug's dad is creepy

90s were a rough decade for trousers/pants

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
glad to see we all agree on Rocko

also, the guy that wrote Manchester by the Sea wrote an episode of Doug

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
What the hell, I liked Catdog :smith:

GolfHole posted:

:hmmyes: So could DW though.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Grimace posted:

stoop kid left his stoop!

Hey Arnold! was a fun show. I can't remember a ton of things about it, but I do remember there being plenty of down to earth episodes that had good morals for kids.

there was a haunted train episode that scared me as a kid and i bet if i went back to watch it it would be goofy

i kind of miss the ugly, weird character designs of late 90s nick stuff

also arnold had the most bitching kids show bedroom

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

OP you need to escalate this by vandalizing a "Doug" wiki.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

This made me laugh way harder than it has any right to

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
do do do do doo do

I remember one episode when Doug wanted to be an athlete or something but kept losing at everything so he decided to win a sit up contest because all he could do was sit up.

I thought I wouldn't be a fat kid anymore if I did sit ups so I started doing them and then hurt my lower back and cried

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

GolfHole posted:

Arthur and Doug would bond over their shared love of making racist photoshops of their friends.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
CHALKY CHEATED

Asshole Rose
Dec 28, 2017
Hey Funny!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

The Moon Monster posted:

Also the Rocko movie loving sucked lol. It has a positive portrayal of a trans character so that's something but pretty much everything else is a disaster. I sat down super excited to watch it and it was one of those experiences where you can watch yourself go through the stages of acceptance in real time. "This is good, I like this... don't I?", "Well it's starting a bit rough, but they probably needed some time to get there bearings and will turn it around", "Ok it's not getting better but it's still a solid 3/5, that's not BAD really", "Ok no, it's actually quite bad, was the original show even good or am I just blinded by nostalgia?".

the meta joke of making the entire movie be about what a dumb idea it was to make the movie in the first place owns and I respect the creator's ability to get paid for dunking on the people paying him

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
the actual good writing from the old rocko came out of the guys that split off and ended up making spongebob.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Richter Scabies posted:

The only episode of real monsters I remember clearly is the one about a big sewer surfing race nthe mobster society has based around humans collectively going on bathroom break during the superbowl half time show

That's Flushed Away. Not really, but it's almost the exact same plot.

I never really liked the Nickelodeon lineup. It was Cartoon Network for me - Cow & Chicken, Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, all that stuff from What a Cartoon.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I always thought Johnny Bravo would do okay with women. Dude is in great shape, he's well groomed and clean, he's confident. I mean, his Tinder photos would get swiped right.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Caesar Saladin posted:

I always thought Johnny Bravo would do okay with women. Dude is in great shape, he's well groomed and clean, he's confident. I mean, his Tinder photos would get swiped right.

He doesn't do too bad in the first season. As long as the woman had some quirk like being a werewolf or a literal deer.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Tato posted:

Rocko's Modern Life remains good. As an adult, I find it's portrayal of the soul crushing banality of existence to ring true. Each year I become more like Ed Bighead

it really is amazing that someone managed to put a children's cartoon on TV whose overarching theme is that working for the Man is bullshit

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

THE BAR posted:

That's Flushed Away. Not really, but it's almost the exact same plot.

I never really liked the Nickelodeon lineup. It was Cartoon Network for me - Cow & Chicken, Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, all that stuff from What a Cartoon.

So Cow & Chicken invented nuru massage, interesting to know

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
When I was a kid, I violently hated any kid's media that was supposed to be "cool", so I loved Doug because it was about a lovely neurotic weirdo, and that was something I could identify with. OP is still absolutely right.

Also Duckman rules and a DVD set of the whole series is like 20 bucks on Amazon.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Doug touched my B-hole and I told him to stop but he didn't stop and kept touching my butt and my butt hole

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Silt is

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
When I was growing up, in school there was a kid named Doug and I don't think a day went by without someone referencing the cartoon to him. That show probably ruined his life.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

ProperCoochie posted:

do do do do doo do

na-na-na-naahh na-na-na nah nah nah nah

This, the theme song, and Killer Tofu are the only real specific things I remember about Doug.

Original_Z posted:

When I was growing up, in school there was a kid named Doug and I don't think a day went by without someone referencing the cartoon to him. That show probably ruined his life.

The Little Mermaid ruined my life, so I feel for him. :smith:

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Duckman was on Nickelodeon? Isn't it a bit adult? And not just because of sex jokes or whatever there's jokes about hating your inlaws and stuff, I can't imagine a kid being interested. Do you mean Duckula?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

The Little Mermaid ruined my life, so I feel for him. :smith:

I'm sorry Sebastian

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Q. What do you call a guy after you murder him and bury his body but then decide you'd better play it safe and dig up the corpse to dissolve it in a vat of acid?

A. Doug (Dug).

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

BigBadSteve posted:

Q. What do you call a guy after you murder him and bury his body but then decide you'd better play it safe and dig up the corpse to dissolve it in a vat of acid?

A. Doug (Dug).

Intriguing.

Do you know what you call a man who dances to Lil' Jon and the Eastside boys song 'Aww Skeet Skeet'?

It's 'Skeeter'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Skeeter is like the Jesus of friends for sticking with Doug when pretty much everyone else would have told him to go kick rocks at any point in their friendship, but especially after watching him record a music video of a banjo song about how much he loves Patti