Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Ironsolid posted:

Hey gents, Canis here. Here's my loot filter. All Mario sounds. (Kick, jump, stomp, fireball, world completion, and the spade match from cards)

1-14-21 11:00 AM ET Echoes V1 is ready. I will update the filter with the new league changes once Neversink updates the filter.
This link is/will be valid: https://www.filterblade.xyz/?profile=Ironsolid&saveState=Echoes%20-%20Starter%20Filter&platform=pc

Zip link with all sound files:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_JC1h3rSh_tkS-0D7aF8Mz7Ea94JjkUA/view?usp=sharing

***********************************************************************************

https://www.filterblade.xyz/?profile=Ironsolid&saveState=Echoes%20-%20Starter%20Filter&platform=pc

Echoes of the Atlas changes

Vendor Recipes
6 socket items no longer hidden

Currency:
Divination cards are mostly unhidden. This will change dramatically over the coming weeks to be a LOT more strict.
Alt, engineer, transmutation, binding, and regal shards are currently hidden.

Fragments:
Sacrifices are unhidden.
Council Prophecies unhidden.

Uniques:
Tier 3 + Uniques are now shown.

In order to continue removing cluttered and garbage items, the following rare items are shown:

Tier 1:

Wands:
Imbued Wand
Opal Wand

2x2 Armours
Arcanist Gloves
Arcanist Slippers
Crusader Boots
Goliath Greaves
Harominc Spirit Shield
Hubris Circlet
Murder Boots
Slink Boots
Sorcerer Boots
Sorcerer Gloves
Titan Greaves
Titanium Spirit Shield
Vaal Greaves

Tier 2:

All 2x2 Boots and Gloves

Jewelry:
Tier 1 and 2 rings and amulets, heavy belt, leather belt, rustic sash, atlas jewelry.

HIDDEN JEWELRY: Coral Amulet, Gold Amulet, Gold Ring, Iron Ring, Paua Amulet, Paua Ring, Breah rings (garbage), and all other belts.

Tier 3/4
Boots/Gloves
Wands (Tier 3 only)

Filter updated with league changes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I guess it’s ok I’m still working what with all the crashes

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Nice to see this is a stable release as usual.

Maybe this time I’ll be able to finish my current games before I dive back into this :v:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Its been 20 minutes with no posts so Im going to foolishly assume the servers are more stable than usual

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
My chance to block attacks with a staff went down 12% for no reason I can find. Anyone else?

Nevermind, I just needed to unequip and re-equip my stick.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The rares from ritual seem to be weighted towards being good

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
First impressions, Rituals are freaken awesome!! I think this might be my favorite map thingy yet. The fights are fun and intense, and the reward system gives out currency and uniques. I also love the aesthetic of the rituals and the blood sacrifice and evil totems and lasers and everything!

Just fantastic.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Rutibex posted:

First impressions, Rituals are freaken awesome!! I think this might be my favorite map thingy yet. The fights are fun and intense, and the reward system gives out currency and uniques. I also love the aesthetic of the rituals and the blood sacrifice and evil totems and lasers and everything!

Just fantastic.

Are you the person that didn't know some bosses have immune phases on harvest league? If so, can I get a second opinion on league mechanics while I'm stuck at work.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Zotix posted:

Are you the person that didn't know some bosses have immune phases on harvest league? If so, can I get a second opinion on league mechanics while I'm stuck at work.

Can we stop dogpiling on Rutibex for every post they make? If they explicitly say something dumb, then call them out, otherwise these posts are worse than hearing from them.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I can’t be sure but it seems like chain deterring doesn’t incrementally decrease the cost of things? Need more data

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Zotix posted:

If so, can I get a second opinion on league mechanics while I'm stuck at work.
So far I'm enjoying them too, the only real negatives seem to be having to hunt around the area to find the last enemy to kill to end the ritual (it's a small area, but since it just draws a circle around the object, sometimes people will be in weird corners) and that I've been deferring the same 3 chaos orbs for the last 4 maps because nothing better has shown up but I haven't had enough currency to grab any of them yet.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

I can’t be sure but it seems like chain deterring doesn’t incrementally decrease the cost of things? Need more data

I am p sure it does. I bought a chaos orb for about 500 that started at over 1k. I have too many things chain deferring though. Want that tabula!

ETA -

whydirt posted:

Can we stop dogpiling on Rutibex for every post they make? If they explicitly say something dumb, then call them out, otherwise these posts are worse than hearing from them.

If there's no benefit for Rutibex when they post well, there's no incentive for them to stop posting badly. It seems clear they aren't going anywhere.

pork never goes bad fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 15, 2021

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

So far I'm enjoying them too, the only real negatives seem to be having to hunt around the area to find the last enemy to kill to end the ritual (it's a small area, but since it just draws a circle around the object, sometimes people will be in weird corners)

my hatred for the primordial blocks map continues

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

hawowanlawow posted:

my hatred for the primordial blocks map continues

Aka possibly the best blighted map in the game thanks to the natural choke points

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
:eng101: remember, the forum has an ignore list; if you hate a user's posts, ignore them and their posts will be auto-hidden

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Farming rituals for uniques in the first area in Act 2 is a thing if you are under level 24.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Rituals are pretty good, got a couple early 10% speed boots, so I dumped the spares in the gstash. They lasted approximately 4 seconds in there.

Got to the end of Act 4 in ~5 hours which for me is about normal, although I did spend some time doing rituals for early gear.

I like them, they ramp up quite nicely, and I've been pleased with the shop offerings. Main issue I have is if you're doing a multi-part zone, like the Act 4 tunnels, the rituals are on different floors, and it's a pain in the balls. The other issue is the ritual spawning next to a wall and doing the rotate-o-laser without giving you a way to walk around it. Move skills fixed this, but it nearly got me early on.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whydirt posted:

i'll stop when he stops being wrong

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Hamelekim posted:

Farming rituals for uniques in the first area in Act 2 is a thing if you are under level 24.

Is this because of the beastiary quest? Did quickly notice that a lot more rare mobs were showing up in order to help along with the objective.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Magus42 posted:

:eng101: remember, the forum has an ignore list; if you hate a user's posts, ignore them and their posts will be auto-hidden

Regardless of context, ignore seldom does anything in a social environment. You will either be reading the post through quotes, or, if the person was worth an ignore, you'll be reading the derail caused, even if the original post and posts quoting it disappeared from your screen.

With that said Rutibex has clearly got his share and has just been posting his thoughts, he wasn't even replying to anyone. He just said he likes the league.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Got my first ever day 1 tabula :woop:

Really makes up for the stability issues and slow rear end login queue.

Trinity support is good.

League mechanic is good for a pretty simple loot pinata.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I am very much enjoying leveling doomfletch, and I very much like the trinity buff icon and animation.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not missing out if I totally ignore ritual in acts right? At A4 and it has only shown me complete trash. Feels like a trap when I should be keep rushing to maps instead.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

fuuuuck why did I buy stuff. first lesson of ritual I guess

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

MMF Freeway posted:

fuuuuck why did I buy stuff. first lesson of ritual I guess

Defer it!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

I did and I got it the very next zone lol :peanut:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Layaway league is good, but don’t put too many things on layaway or the thing you actually want to see again stops showing up.

Putting 4 stacks of perandus coins on layaway is still hilarious to me and I don’t regret it, though.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

This is going to be the high water mark of my luck this season

Of course there wasnt enough tribute to even defer it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah not being able to have enough to even defer a thing seems like a real cruel move!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah not being able to have enough to even defer a thing seems like a real cruel move!

It'll be worth it for the eventual screenshot of a headhunter 1 point short of being deferred with no more rituals left to complete.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
This and floating candles are only downsides of Ritual I saw so far. I like it.
Also, RIP ctrl-alt-clicking hidden favor items into chat to see what they are 15.01.2021-15.01.2021

Stability has been shat on already, in my case performance is subpar near and around working ritual sites

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Elentor posted:

Regardless of context, ignore seldom does anything in a social environment. You will either be reading the post through quotes, or, if the person was worth an ignore, you'll be reading the derail caused, even if the original post and posts quoting it disappeared from your screen.

The usefulness is reduced by the fact that it doesn't hide quotes but it works pretty well for the handful of users I've used it on; they aren't quoted enough to really matter.

Still a better experience than before :)

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
Ritual rewards are really really good. They aren't really suited for the story since you need to do 3 of them to reveal all your choices, but in maps they're great. Super rewarding mechanic

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s wonderful for levelling gear, hit act 6 with maxed resists

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I'm playing for the first time in years and I'm getting a bunch of stuttering that seems like it might be related to loading stuff. Is this a known thing that there's anything I can do about? Also, when I go back to town a lot of the graphics, including item icons, take up to 30 seconds to load.

I've got the game installed on an SSD.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
OK

I have crashed 5 times in the act 4 mines JUST before I get to the waypoint near Dialla.

This is irritating and I would like to know how to not crash when before I get tot eh waypoint.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I may have missed it because I turned off tutorials but is there any kind of story fluff or "here's what this is and how you get tribute and why this is happening" explanation for the ritual stuff?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Psychepath posted:

I may have missed it because I turned off tutorials but is there any kind of story fluff or "here's what this is and how you get tribute and why this is happening" explanation for the ritual stuff?

Nope.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

One of the ritual sites gave me a pair of unique slippers with the caveat that it only boosts your item rarity find by 100% if you're at low life.

I guess this means I'm going all-in on energy shielding, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Victory Position posted:

One of the ritual sites gave me a pair of unique slippers with the caveat that it only boosts your item rarity find by 100% if you're at low life.

I guess this means I'm going all-in on energy shielding, huh?

No. I mean, LL builds are fine, but not for that.