Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NotJustANumber99 posted:

My last hospital experience, the doctors:

1. A middle aged asian man with not great english who ignored all hospital organisational structure to take me where he decided I should be. he was right but that isnt how the hospital worked so I had to go back to the beginning and start again. His junior(?) colleagues criticised him infront of me and were very dismissive of him. He blamed me and told them I told him this was where I was told to go. An understandable liar

2. an arrogant young doctor who preferred to laugh it up with the other staff than do his job, almost sent me home to die. A oval office

3. two or three (?drugs?) interchangeable consultants (?) who seemed very good and knowledgeable but disappeared out the door before I could get a word in. Holiday plans

4. A handsome young doctor who did I guess my exit interview. Without particularly meaning to I was able to order him about and had him run some extra blood tests on me once he explained what my situation was. Diligent and without ego.

just nothing really, but I would miss you Njan99 if you stopped posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mods do the needful pls:

namechange: An understandable liar

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
My most memorable experience with a doctor was at my cousins wedding two years ago. He was similar age to me and I was sat next to him at the meal and he was very dismissive toward his girlfriend/fiancee/wife whatever and I was asking him about his work and one of the things he said was he was glad he worked at a hospital instead of a gp cuz at a hospital he actually gets to treat people instead of dealing with time wasters. What a nice man.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Losing interest in the expanse. Funny voice lady has a poo poo bag son and a dick head ex.... Err ok. What about spaceships and weird alien poo poo? No imaginary hat man that turned into a poo poo robot. I dunno. Doesn't help the me too guy getting treated like poo poo by the tough Martian lady as a kind of meta thing? Just a bit miserable. Sweary lady, muscle psycho and other lead guy hardly in it.

I made it through the first series but loving hell it was badly acted. It was like Prequel Trilogy George Lucas was on set shouting "No! More wooden! Less life!" between takes

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

fridge corn posted:

My most memorable experience with a doctor was at my cousins wedding two years ago. He was similar age to me and I was sat next to him at the meal and he was very dismissive toward his girlfriend/fiancee/wife whatever and I was asking him about his work and one of the things he said was he was glad he worked at a hospital instead of a gp cuz at a hospital he actually gets to treat people instead of dealing with time wasters. What a nice man.

A lot of people in medicine can be dick heads too op

Source: my relatives

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fridge corn posted:

This is my brother-in-law. He treats me and my parents like poo poo. Because he can. Because he knows we will pick up the slack in tearms of childcare.

I remember once coming downstairs and hearing him instruct my sister to 'Make me a coffee'

No way would my sister take this language from anyone else but she took it from him.

I loving hate my bro-in-law and he must die.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
My patience and self control is rewarded

50% off my next uber eats order

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

el dingo posted:

My patience and self control is rewarded

50% off my next uber eats order

I was getting non-stop promo codes from November to just before Christmas. I only just got the first one of 2021. Glad to hear that the kind-hearted folk at Uber are still doing what they can.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Ubers really annoying to work for because it doesn't show you the customers location before accepting a order. It kinda sucks on a bicycle or even a ebike.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
One of my various past NHS jobs was organizing the weekly meetings where the consultants all sit round and discuss cancer cases and treatment plans

My area was urology and luckily for me every urologist I dealt with was friendly and chill. I've learned that this is probably the exception rather than the norm, my colleague that did the colorectal meeting had to deal with a bunch of angry arseholes (fittingly enough)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

that sea shanty thing doing the social media rounds is pretty cool, imo

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

What that deepfake thing with the very top heavy lads? Yeah I found myself staring at that for far too long

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I have mostly dealt with MH doctors. They vary in the usual ways, but most are just too busy to concentrate.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

fridge corn posted:

What that deepfake thing with the very top heavy lads? Yeah I found myself staring at that for far too long

this is the one I saw

https://mobile.twitter.com/Beertheist/status/1348759849077714951

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I was talking about this one

https://twitter.com/vonstrenginho/status/1349824512544698369?s=19

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

lol, the way that's animated reminds me a bit of the anime club rap thing

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

spray-on trousers

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol HOW do these cunts wear jeans like that.

So top-heavy.

I wear boot cuts because in part that fits over y feet. I loving hate anything tighter than that because taking it off in the evening/night is a pain.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
presumably there will be a slew of corona movies made in the near future. Who do you think will play you and what would your arc or storyline or whatever be?

I will be played by the rock and I'll be one of the scientists (amateur, self taught) that discovers the cure/cover up by accidentally entering the wrong zoom chat

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'll be played by some former hunk whose star has faded in a pointless "hard-hitting" realistic drama about how, sometimes, the people we really need to be quarantined from are in fact ourselves. He will gain considerable weight for the role and develop an alcohol problem, winning an Oscar nomination for his troubles before getting fit again and starring in a.) the next Marvel film or b.) The Contrabulous Fabtraption of Professor Horatio Hufnagel.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

The People Who Decide What's Fashionable have been taking the absolute piss out of vain men for years now and I love to see it.

Best men's fashion victim I've seen recently was wearing dark pink velour skinny joggers. Hopefully they cost about £80.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

frankly it's just another form of racism

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

kecske posted:

that sea shanty thing doing the social media rounds is pretty cool, imo

its mostly making me want to play AC: Black Flag again

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

kecske posted:

lol, the way that's animated reminds me a bit of the anime club rap thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

hockey jockey posted:

The People Who Decide What's Fashionable have been taking the absolute piss out of vain men for years now and I love to see it.

Best men's fashion victim I've seen recently was wearing dark pink velour skinny joggers. Hopefully they cost about £80.

i will never stop wearing big 1990s dad jeans and comfy jumpers

i will never god drat not wear socks with shoes

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crispix posted:

i will never stop wearing big 1990s dad jeans and comfy jumpers

i will never god drat not wear socks with shoes

smae

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Skarsnik posted:

its mostly making me want to play AC: Black Flag again
my wife is now into sea shanty tiktok and was surprised i was singing along to a bunch of them

mostly i had flashbacks to chasing those loving bits of paper

assassins creed games would be great to replay if you could choose to start new game plus with all of the collectables already collected, all the outposts unlocked

like if you start a new game and there are options like:

❎ main quest
✅ side quests
❎ unlockables
❎ map points

so you could choose what stuff you want to do

assassins creed origins is the best one, i have very fond memories of brotherhood but i suspect if i went back to replay it it would probably feel janky

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

my wife is now into sea shanty tiktok and was surprised i was singing along to a bunch of them

mostly i had flashbacks to chasing those loving bits of paper

assassins creed games would be great to replay if you could choose to start new game plus with all of the collectables already collected, all the outposts unlocked

like if you start a new game and there are options like:

❎ main quest
✅ side quests
❎ unlockables
❎ map points

so you could choose what stuff you want to do

assassins creed origins is the best one, i have very fond memories of brotherhood but i suspect if i went back to replay it it would probably feel janky

I'm unable to play any open world games without collecting every tiny little thing. At least by black flag it was all marked on the map

I sometimes miss the older ones where you were an unstoppable chain killing murder machine but that mechanism did make it a bit silly at times

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jan 16, 2021

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Skarsnik posted:

I'm unable to play any open world games without collecting every tiny little thing. At least by black flag it was all marked on the map

You'd hate seeing me play open world games then, I don't care about collecting anything. It's one of the things I like about GTA V, even after seven years they are super conservative about sprinkling collectables around the map.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS5xR7jBxDw

This is the best sea shanty, and also makes me feel incredibly inadequate because the big man's voice is just lovely and I want a voice like that

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 16, 2021

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

You'd hate seeing me play open world games then, I don't care about collecting anything. It's one of the things I like about GTA V, even after seven years they are super conservative about sprinkling collectables around the map.

Gta V has the spaceship parts and letter scraps, also the submarine stuff. If anything its worse than AC for it

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

also the pidgeons

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Oh god the pigeons :shepicide:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i like pigeons irl, i like the noise they make and also how they walk like little hard lads hehehehe :parrot:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wood pigeons look like vicars

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The re-release of Bully lets you unlock the ability to show collectibles on the in-game map. Another reason why it's the best Rockstar game.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

46y/o woman local to us just unexpectedly died after (rumoured) covid positive.

Fit and healthy, no underlying health conditions.
We have been really lucky down here so far, but it's all getting a little close to home now.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The little gas/flame spreader thing on the hob was misaligned and only half was lighting. So I moved it. With my finger. Gonna be a pretty annoying blister.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Reading the 'outrage' about this poor bloke photographed peeing against the back wheel of his John Lewis delivery vehicle,

https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/1349850481707900935?s=20

I googled:

https://www.insurancerevolution.co.uk/blog/weird-british-driving-laws-truth-or-myth/

A couple of particularly interesting bits:

quote:

2) It is legal for a man to urinate in public, as long it is against the rear offside wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.

Although this is widely reported as fact, this is actually not true. There is no general law forbidding urination in public, although it is often an offence under local bylaws. The same is true of the oft-cited ‘law’ that pregnant women are allowed to urinate in a policeman’s helmet. There is no law allowing or forbidding such a practice, but local authorities are expected to exercise discretion in these cases. So, while there is no law forbidding a pregnant woman from urinating into a policeman’s helmet, a policeman is unlikely to offer her such an opportunity.

quote:

4) It is illegal to flag a taxi if you have the plague

This one can be described as half true. Under The Public Health (Control of Diseases) Act 1984, anyone known to be suffering from a disease, including plague, may not enter a taxi without first notifying the driver of their ailment. The taxi driver can then decide whether or not they would like to carry the passenger. A bus driver, who of course carries more than one passenger, must refuse the infected person. Therefore, while there is no specific law prohibiting people infected with plague from flagging a taxi, such rules are in place for persons with infectious diseases in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goatface posted:

The little gas/flame spreader thing on the hob was misaligned and only half was lighting. So I moved it. With my finger. Gonna be a pretty annoying blister.

haha owned! ( i have done exactly the same)