Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

7c Nickel posted:

They did a two hour long "prologue" when someone casually mentions they were born in 2001 and makes you feel old. So old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUsd9cTipJw

Jesus, I have been playing PSO since it was released on original Xbox. :( I even still have my physical copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I loved PSO on the Gamecube. Played the hell out of it in co-op with friends. Briefly tried to play PSO online on the Dreamcast on a 28.8k or 56.6k baud modem and... yeah no that was bad times.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
I played Blue Burst when I was a young kid (10 or over, if I remember correctly) and, unsurprisingly, I sucked at it.

Anyway, after maxing out Etoile and Phantom, I can say that I like Phantom more. I liked Etoile but it's just that I liked playing as a Phantom more. Excited for Luster when it's released.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I had a PSP and played Phantasy Star Portable...and Phantasy Star Portable 2. I was super sad when Infinity never got an English translation.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Hypocrisy posted:

I had a PSP and played Phantasy Star Portable...and Phantasy Star Portable 2. I was super sad when Infinity never got an English translation.

Did you know the patch came out late last year, after all this time?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

kirbysuperstar posted:

Did you know the patch came out late last year, after all this time?

Yup. But how do I recover my old PSP save files...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Happy with my player shop searching this morning. :3: It's not too hard to find good deals on making your character look cool. The cash shop is ultra expensive, but the player shops have some cool stuff that is not at all.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Yeah there's a crazy amount of accessories / fashion stuff in the game, and when I am buying stuff from players I always like browsing what else they have for sale, I've found some cool stuff that way.

What I want is a simple pair of jeans for my female CAST, because I wanted to model her after Nano from Nichijou, and I found a red hoodie that works well enough, but no basic jeans outside of the Alyx outfit and that won't work :argh: Also a giant wind-up key for her back please

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

Also a giant wind-up key for her back please

good news for you

not sure if its shown up in NA yet (bumped seems to say no, if thats kept up to date)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Tengames posted:

good news for you

not sure if its shown up in NA yet (bumped seems to say no, if thats kept up to date)

YESSSS

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i haven't played this since july, is it worth jumping back in now or should i just try and hold out for NGS?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I know Japan is ahead in content, but hopefully with the Genesis update that will bring the two regions in-line with one another from here on out.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i haven't played this since july, is it worth jumping back in now or should i just try and hold out for NGS?

No need to hold out, game is in a really good place right now with lots of people playing on Ship 2.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I said come in! posted:

I know Japan is ahead in content, but hopefully with the Genesis update that will bring the two regions in-line with one another from here on out.

Not by a whole lot at least, I had doubts when Sega US said they were hoping for content parity by the end of 2020, but they came close enough!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

July so that means you missed....5-6 years worth of updates.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
It's not very difficult to catch up, collection folder has serviceable 15 star weapons, you can buy a set of novel 13 star units for 300 rising weapons badge 5s which are also fine. You won't be top of the line but you also won't be a massive drag on UQs or other content.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I said come in! posted:

No need to hold out, game is in a really good place right now with lots of people playing on Ship 2.

I guess my last understanding of NGS was that not much would carry over and effort in the base game would be "wasted", but catching up it seems to be a lot more complicated than that?

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Managed to get Hero to 95 and I definitely noticed that Hero is more fragile than the other Scion Classes and that I ended up using Talis' most of the time compared to me mostly using Sword and Twin Machineguns in EP5. Anyway, went with leveling Ranger until Luster shows up in the future.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yeah basically most cosmetics will carry over, as will weapons and such. However the weapons will likely perform differently in ngs with different stats and such. So while likely not super important, it doesn't hurt to be caught up going into ngs.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I guess my last understanding of NGS was that not much would carry over and effort in the base game would be "wasted", but catching up it seems to be a lot more complicated than that?

The base game will also still be operational, and presumably will be receiving updates too, so it won't hurt to have a leveled character for whatever post-Ep. 6/post-NGS content they release for classic side

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

After some Googling, I have a better idea now of what to expect https://pso2.com/news/announcements/pso2ngsannouncement/

I wasn't aware that this is basically a whole new game where most of what you do in original PSO2 is not carrying over. Most importantly your levels and items are not carrying over, you're starting over from scratch. However, both original PSO2 and New Genesis will exist side by side, you're not losing anything either. But I imagine everyone will abandon original PSO2. The nice thing though is that original PSO2 is getting the New Genesis graphics update, and that is coming next month. The new actual New Genesis game and content is not until later this year.

Sega so far has shown almost nothing about the content in New Genesis, we've seen just one area so far.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Stanos posted:

It's not very difficult to catch up, collection folder has serviceable 15 star weapons, you can buy a set of novel 13 star units for 300 rising weapons badge 5s which are also fine. You won't be top of the line but you also won't be a massive drag on UQs or other content.

Stressing this. I haven't been on for the last few weeks but I was able to farm those +30 15 star weapons for other jobs in no time and while they're far from an Atlas EX or whatever, they're still a huge jump over the 12-13 star crap they replaced.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah basically most cosmetics will carry over, as will weapons and such. However the weapons will likely perform differently in ngs with different stats and such. So while likely not super important, it doesn't hurt to be caught up going into ngs.

This is correct. And if needed here is a video covering some of the new stuff in NGS Character Creation and how it'll mix and match with PSO2 stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7QuUPl38TY

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
the Millionaire/Croesus Cannon rules too

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Hey, I am just getting started and came up on a referral ID page - anyone have a player ID for this?'

edit: somebody on discord hooked me up!

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 19, 2021

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So apparently the emails for the New Genesis closed beta are going out. Anybody here get in?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

So apparently the emails for the New Genesis closed beta are going out. Anybody here get in?

Is this for just Japan, or is NA in the beta too?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Just the Japanese beta, no work on a global one. A few friends of friends who aren't in Japan got in though, so that apparently wasn't a factor in getting in.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I was in the original closed beta back in 2012, so I was hoping I’d get in this time too, but no dice. :(

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

A bunch of returning/catch up campaigns are rolling now for Episode 6 Part 2 preparation, including Luster Gunslash Camos.
https://www.pso2.com/news/announcements/valentines2021
https://www.pso2.com/news/announcements/campaignsjan2021p2

New/Returning Store Items:
https://www.pso2.com/news/announcements/episode6deluxepack
https://www.pso2.com/news/announcements/ragolpack3
https://www.pso2.com/news/scratch-tickets/supportitemspack0119
https://www.pso2.com/news/scratch-tickets/sweetromance
https://www.pso2.com/news/announcements/freshfindsshop0119

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Free 15 star weapons and 13 star units oh my. Also another COMI code.

ARKs Hour code is typing IARKSYOU in chat.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 20, 2021

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Stressing this. I haven't been on for the last few weeks but I was able to farm those +30 15 star weapons for other jobs in no time and while they're far from an Atlas EX or whatever, they're still a huge jump over the 12-13 star crap they replaced.

The Millionaire and Croesus weapons all apparently have a hidden bonus +15% potency that's not listed, so they are even more powerful than Atlas EX, though iirc they are on par with or slightly worse than the plus potential for Atlas EX. They don't have the extra life or an S4 slot, but since you can get them completed in the time one Armada UQ is live they're extremely good options. Especially the ones that have a 300 dex requirement.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Since Luster is eventually going to be available soon considering that the weapon camos for it are available to get, I might just put leveling Ranger on hold or at least get it to 75.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
It's crazy to me how easy the requirements are for the 15* weapons and 13* gear this time (and last, really)

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Question: If I'm buying ArksCash, am I supposed to do that in-game as opposed to doing that on the Steam store page before logging in? Because it tells me that I'm supposed to log in to get it but the funds haven't been activated in-game.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Grimthwacker posted:

Question: If I'm buying ArksCash, am I supposed to do that in-game as opposed to doing that on the Steam store page before logging in? Because it tells me that I'm supposed to log in to get it but the funds haven't been activated in-game.

I usually do it by going to the AC store and buying it through there, which pops up the steam store window over PSO2, and when the transaction is done the window closes, the game dings at me and I magically have AC in my account. I assume if you buy it outside the game, like buy it then launch, then it should be present when you log in, like it shouldn't take long to show up I would assume

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

why, game

why would I want this

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Grimthwacker posted:

There's a 24-48 hour delay the first time you buy AC via Steam. Apparently it was added awhile back to help combat fraud.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Code Jockey posted:

I usually do it by going to the AC store and buying it through there, which pops up the steam store window over PSO2, and when the transaction is done the window closes, the game dings at me and I magically have AC in my account. I assume if you buy it outside the game, like buy it then launch, then it should be present when you log in, like it shouldn't take long to show up I would assume

If you haven't bought AC before, it takes something like a day to get it now. Some kind of limit on accounts that haven't purchased it before to try to thwart the bots I think.

Code Jockey posted:

why, game

why would I want this

It's honestly cute as hell

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Code Jockey posted:

why, game

why would I want this

I've never bought a gold ticket faster. They feed each other when you feed it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

parasyte posted:

If you haven't bought AC before, it takes something like a day to get it now. Some kind of limit on accounts that haven't purchased it before to try to thwart the bots I think.

It's honestly cute as hell

Hypocrisy posted:

I've never bought a gold ticket faster. They feed each other when you feed it!

Okay okay fine