Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

challenge accepted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
broke: tazing yourself in the balls as part of a failed clownboat insurrection

woke: tazing yourself in the balls as part of a weird sex thing

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Another poor soul, for whom pain and pleasure were obviously closely akin, attached an electric train transformer to his penis with alligator clips and was in the habit of administering mild shocks to his genitals. Regrettably, on one occasion—the last!—the transformer shorted out, and he received the full 110-volt household electrical charge. He was instantly and ignominiously electrocuted. This case, when presented at one of our meetings, was interesting because the parents of the deceased had removed all evidence of the transformer before the police investigators showed up. They were understandably horrified and chagrined to discover their son dead under such sordid circumstances and did their best to conceal the manner of his death. But alligator clips leave very characteristic marks and these were plainly visible at the autopsy. After a few shrewd, discreet questions on the part of investigators, the unhappy parents broke down and revealed the full, shabby truth of the matter. The death was ruled accidental.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

haveblue posted:

broke: tazing yourself in the balls as part of a failed clownboat insurrection

woke: tazing yourself in the balls as part of a weird sex thing

pnld?

Have we been kinkshaming this man all along :ohdear:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Alan Smithee posted:

that's not the worst policing

this is

this owns cause you can throw anything from anywhere and put a cop in the hospital

much harder to stop a car

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
plus afterwards you get to joyride a hoverbike

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

hahaha

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

its january 16th though and not a thursday!!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

ADINSX posted:

its january 16th though and not a thursday!!

it's the 17th somewhere

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

qirex posted:

it's the 17th somewhere

it's probably still not a thursday though

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

infernal machines posted:

it's probably still not a thursday though

boy, I really hope someone got fired for that blunder

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
there's a lot to be said about the production value of johnny mnemonic, apparently an infinite calendar was just out of reach back in 1995

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

they were clicking through the schedule+ calendar at 2002 and got bored

carry on then fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jan 17, 2021

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

◢◤◢◤◢◤ DO NOT TOUCH PROHIBITED ZONE 952 ◢◤◢◤◢◤

ftfy

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

and it sure as hell is not 29 Celsius

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/1351179775440789509?s=20

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

to go with your bluetooth blueballer
https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1351285632241463297?s=20

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

get a bucket and a mop

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
wap does not mean white-rear end paltrow

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/mitpress/status/1349763456216559618?s=20

gentlemen the basilisk is on schedule

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

amusing that she never considered putting down false information at the playground register. :angel:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Midjack posted:

amusing that she never considered putting down false information at the playground register. :angel:

the problem is that there's legitimate reasons to ask for most of that. you need the kid's names to distinguish them. you need their age so they can be handled and grouped appropriately. you need contact information in case there's an emergency and to stop the place being used as a daycare. the flow from there to the data brokers is what needs to be cut off

social media info is probably over the line though, if you gave another form of contact info

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Was it this thread that said the japanese johnny mnemonic cut was way better or was that something else

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Was it this thread that said the japanese johnny mnemonic cut was way better or was that something else

it came up in a few places but yeah, it is. more beat takeshi, always a good thing.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/djbaskin/status/1351370850239303684

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

yeah i think band-aid ads are dystopian you absolute tool

https://twitter.com/djbaskin/status/1351431301924982786?s=20

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's a joke you ninny

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

sorry, thought this was the thread for serious-posting about cyberpunk :(

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/djbaskin/status/1351486733234233345

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

my takeaway is *faaaaaaaaaaaaaaart*

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

refleks posted:

yeah i think band-aid ads are dystopian you absolute tool

https://twitter.com/djbaskin/status/1351431301924982786?s=20

I'm the marketing genuis at pfizer making this face :hmmyes:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Midjack posted:

just got to that part and lol I had the same thought. when i first found out about babby i made some social media posts, and i posted a few times once the child arrived, but have since canceled all my accounts and whatnot (which, as a US citizen, means piss when it comes to what happens to my data). I definitely fall into the whole digital resignation thing sometimes, but if you're not fuckin with the system every chance you get then i don't even know.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

the problem is that there's legitimate reasons to ask for most of that. you need the kid's names to distinguish them. you need their age so they can be handled and grouped appropriately. you need contact information in case there's an emergency and to stop the place being used as a daycare. the flow from there to the data brokers is what needs to be cut off

social media info is probably over the line though, if you gave another form of contact info

if she was dumping the kids at a baby jail and going somewhere else then sure, the playground needs their names, her name, and a working phone number so when little aeiou42069 starts throwing her turds at the other children they can call mom to collect the kids, but if mom was going to hang out with the other parents and watch the kids the only true things she might have to provide are first names and a date of birth. and even then she can distort spellings and move the date of birth off by a few weeks. everything else lie about it, it doesn’t matter to you and it makes more noise for people trying to sell your data.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Midjack posted:

if she was dumping the kids at a baby jail and going somewhere else then sure, the playground needs their names, her name, and a working phone number so when little aeiou42069 starts throwing her turds at the other children they can call mom to collect the kids, but if mom was going to hang out with the other parents and watch the kids the only true things she might have to provide are first names and a date of birth. and even then she can distort spellings and move the date of birth off by a few weeks. everything else lie about it, it doesn’t matter to you and it makes more noise for people trying to sell your data.

oh no is grimes pregnant again?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Midjack posted:

easy to think about when you aren't surrounded by screaming kids and idiot parents, and even then if you get a phone number that can be tied into a bunch of poo poo

the problem is the system, not the people forced to participate in it

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

it does get old approaching just about every social and commercial interaction with “what lies should i tell this person, and what disposable contact address should i provide them” before it begins, very much yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

more like oat fart