Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Desert Bus posted:

Umbra/Necromechanic on the board, drop Oblivitron with Tonk in hand and laugh your way to victory. This is a fun deck, thanks!

Edit: kinda agree on Zilliax but not sure what a good swap would be.

Half considering a second Flare - it's fair-costed cycle, and Secret Mage is a loving scourge right now.

(The funny thing is, Secret Mage doesn't feel intrinsically unfun like certain combo decks to play against **cough cough raza**, it's just such an unbelievably synergistic deck it's unreal)

I suspect/hope there might be some more anti-secret cards in the mini-expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Got Golden Brann and Amalgadon as Tess with a full menagerie. To gleefully get the extra adapt, I threw out my one tribeless and played the Vulgar Homunculus for maximum tribes, only to triple suicide myself from 6 health.

My shame is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jeza posted:

Got Golden Brann and Amalgadon as Tess with a full menagerie. To gleefully get the extra adapt, I threw out my one tribeless and played the Vulgar Homunculus for maximum tribes, only to triple suicide myself from 6 health.

My shame is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

If you recorded it sent that to Trolden.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Olpainless posted:

Half considering a second Flare - it's fair-costed cycle, and Secret Mage is a loving scourge right now.

(The funny thing is, Secret Mage doesn't feel intrinsically unfun like certain combo decks to play against **cough cough raza**, it's just such an unbelievably synergistic deck it's unreal)

I suspect/hope there might be some more anti-secret cards in the mini-expansion.

I did the swap for the second Flare, hit two Secret Mages in a row, both conceded by turn 5 after they got hit with it. I'm going to run with it and see what happens.

Edit: Pack Tactics seems better than Wandering Monster. My current list below:

### Clonk, I'm a Tonk x2
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Fireworks Tech
# 2x (2) Flare
# 2x (2) Freezing Trap
# 2x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 2x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Mok'Nathal Lion
# 2x (4) Necromechanic
# 1x (4) Spiritsinger Umbra
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAR8CycIC8ZYDDocEyQSAB5cI9w2czQLv9QLw9QLylgO2nAP7rwOkuQP2ugOD4gMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 18, 2021

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Desert Bus posted:

I did the swap for the second Flare, hit two Secret Mages in a row, both conceded by turn 5 after they got hit with it. I'm going to run with it and see what happens.

Edit: Pack Tactics seems better than Wandering Monster. My current list below:

### Clonk, I'm a Tonk x2
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Fireworks Tech
# 2x (2) Flare
# 2x (2) Freezing Trap
# 2x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 2x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Mok'Nathal Lion
# 2x (4) Necromechanic
# 1x (4) Spiritsinger Umbra
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAR8CycIC8ZYDDocEyQSAB5cI9w2czQLv9QLw9QLylgO2nAP7rwOkuQP2ugOD4gMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

You know, you're very right on the pack tactics swap.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Gave that list a few tries after being disappointed with the original I saw a few days ago, and it’s a buttload more consistent.

At the least, it can beat Rez Priest.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Apparently a winning strat in Battlegrounds is go gold early and often and hope you get all the Goldgrubbers and a late Argent Braggart lol

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Regalingualius posted:

Gave that list a few tries after being disappointed with the original I saw a few days ago, and it’s a buttload more consistent.

At the least, it can beat Rez Priest.

I suspect Sylvanas might be the appropriate tech card for big priest. Might have to try that out too instead of one of the flares.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

skaboomizzy posted:

Apparently a winning strat in Battlegrounds is go gold early and often and hope you get all the Goldgrubbers and a late Argent Braggart lol

If no-one is going Murlocs it's a solid strategy to just build up a massive minion, definitely a strat to keep in the pocket in no-murloc games especially. Looks like you didn't even need a way to snipe out a Deadly Spore as well, so bonus.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
FFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff why does Flare and only Flare trigger spell-triggering secrets
I have a feeling that interaction SHOULD actually be changed.

Lost a game to Odd paladin to this. Oops.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
N'zoth really shouldn't be in the BG heroes pool when Beasts are banned.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Olpainless posted:

FFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff why does Flare and only Flare trigger spell-triggering secrets
I have a feeling that interaction SHOULD actually be changed.

Lost a game to Odd paladin to this. Oops.
Yeah, it's a bit much. Flare was originally 1 mana cost and didn't trigger Counterspell but it got nerfed back in the day before we'd even had 1 full expansion. I think it's one of the cards that would fine to return to its original state.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1351560295223865344?s=20

35 card set for $14.99 or 2000 gold is a pretty good deal.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Uh Prime Legendaries??!

They'll be revealing new cards every hour today.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The Priest legendary from the video seems to be a 5 mana 3/5, Battlecry: Reduce the cost of Corrupt cards in hand by (2).

Anyway, Wacky Races, neat.

Envoy Rustwix: A solidly fine card/effect, would be alright in a slow-ish deck. Might be good in a last hurrah Galakrond Warlock, pretty fun with Free Admission.

Keywarden Ivory: A fairly powerful value card. Again, slower Mage/Rogue will like this.

Landslide: Pretty solid card, given that Spelldamage is commonly accessible in Shaman. Edit: Didn't realise this works a bit like Defile, albeit only up to two ticks. Very strong card then, albeit needs Spellpower to be really amazing.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 19, 2021

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Flayer posted:

Yeah, it's a bit much. Flare was originally 1 mana cost and didn't trigger Counterspell but it got nerfed back in the day before we'd even had 1 full expansion. I think it's one of the cards that would fine to return to its original state.

Counterspell absolutely should counter Flare.

Me: I play Counterspell, which counters any spell.

You: aha, I play a spell, Flare, which destroys secrets.

Me: You play a what now?

You: ...

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

skaboomizzy posted:

35 card set for $14.99 or 2000 gold is a pretty good deal.

I still have 50 DF packs sitting around since the expansion launch and I'm pretty drat sure those will not give me the full mini set.

I am happy for everyone who can get it for just 2000g, but at the same time ... :argh:

Chernabog posted:

I think I'll just use my packs now to get the stuff I'm missing and get the new cards for 2k

Yeah, I feel I might as well.

[5 minutes later]
Wow, 50 packs, 1 legendary.
I think I gotta lie down for a bit, can't handle all this dopamine...

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 19, 2021

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I think I'll just use my packs now to get the stuff I'm missing and get the new cards for 2k

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The first hourly update:
https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1351575195966976010

Imprisoned Celestial seems crazy to me, Lightsteed is ok.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I have the reverse thought because Imprisoned Celestial looks extremely weird to me and I don't know if Pure is even gonna play it. Maybe Dude Paladin?

Lightsteed on the other hand looks great, unless the +2 health doesn't trigger when the minion is already at full health. But I guess it's a midrange card for Priest which means it's only a consideration for Highlander decks.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Lightsteed is just like, what deck is that going into? the only time you're going to be doing much healing of minions is in some sort of Tempo Priest and that doesn't exist right now and won't start existing just because of one card

Imprisoned Celestial though, yeah I can see that going into Pure/Libram Paladin for sure

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
Imprisoned Celestial is going to be an absolutely nuts setup for Odd/Dude.

Lightsteed is pretty nice I guess? It's a 4 mana 3/6 with upside, which are normally pretty good. Just it doesn't have a deck plan to go with it.

Elysium posted:

It's just an unusualness because every other secret hate option is a battlecry, but it does really affect Flare's usefulness and ends up with it being inconsistent to every other secret hate card.
It's not just Counterspell either - Never Surrender and Oh My Yogg! Will also be triggered by Flare.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Julio Cruz posted:

Imprisoned Celestial though, yeah I can see that going into Pure/Libram Paladin for sure

I think it's more dude paladin. If you're heading into turn 5 with an established board in pure / libram you've probably already won.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Dormant minions are extremely awkward for Pure Paladin because they want to turn that body into tempo immediately. Imprisoned Sungill is barely a good result out of First Day, this one comes down on turn 3 (and only awakens on turn 5 at best), and good players are always gonna try to keep a Paladin's board clear so I'm really not sure. It's probably more of a Dude Paladin card yeah.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

enki42 posted:

I think it's more dude paladin. If you're heading into turn 5 with an established board in pure / libram you've probably already won.

You don't necessarily need an established board; this curves nicely into the 5 mana 4/6 taunt and the +1/+1 libram.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Mayveena posted:

Uh Prime Legendaries??!

yeah, one of the key mechanics in Ashes of Outland
https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Ashes_of_Outland#Prime_Legendaries

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Elysium posted:

To add to the Flare discourse, I think they should just add it as a battlecry on a hunter creature if they want it to bypass counterspell.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Armor Vendor is a pretty neat anti-aggro card, I like it. Kind of a Mistress of Mixtures.

Barricade I see being ran in a Big Warrior/Paladin, although it might be a bit more splashable. A slightly better Saronite Chaingang is worth a glance.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 19, 2021

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
Armor vendor is gonna see a lot of play i think. Its good anti - aggro.

Barricade could easily help Big variants of Paladin and warrior, but it's a little situational.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Doesn't the neutral 1/3 body help aggro decks more than 4 armor helps anti aggro decks?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

CRAYON posted:

Doesn't the neutral 1/3 body help aggro decks more than 4 armor helps anti aggro decks?

Pretty sure an aggro deck would rather pick a more impactful card than that. Still, yeah, it's just a Good Card i think.

Unpacked my 16 spare darkmoon packs now and got Sayge and Maxima out of it, so no complaints there.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
1/3 is a fine card in aggro, but they're not hurting for that, there's plenty of options. For a very aggro deck, you'd probably rather have a 2/2 anyway, which is available.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

There are way too many well-statted 1 drops for aggro decks to even remotely consider running Vendor. It's not like Face Hunters were running Zombie Chow way back when either.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
a neutral 1/3 with downside is not remotely an aggro card, what the hell

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1351605349774745601/photo/1

Can't believe they made Tinker's Sharpsword Oil 1 mana and made it friggin targeted (it gives 1 less attack but still)

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Opened the 18 I had and got no new legendaries but finally opened a Tent Trasher so I can do that one achievement... I really need new C'Thun and Y'Shaarj but I never have the dust.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

enki42 posted:

Yeah I think the Dude Dream would be Steed on three, some kind of 4 drop or a maybe Truesilver or something and then Day At The Fair on 5.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Moonfang is going to enable some Tier 5 dumb OTK and I live for that.

Also unless I'm missing something obvious, Moonfang is an aggressively bad card right?

Misread the card, I put a "You" at the text's start :downs:

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 19, 2021

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

blizzardvizard posted:

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1351605349774745601/photo/1

Can't believe they made Tinker's Sharpsword Oil 1 mana and made it friggin targeted (it gives 1 less attack but still)

Kingsbane is already coming back. We didn't need it getting more support!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Nitroboost Poison is gonna get nerfed to 2 mana lmao