Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

The Klowner posted:

What's a call to action in this context? I can't find anything on Google

Smash that motherfuckin like button. If we get 100 thousand likes, you will see me suck my own dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

I reeeeeally hope The Expanse picks it up this season, the episode tonight was a snoozer. Makes me miss the brain parasites from last season even!

God I think I just can’t stand anything with a lot of belters. Man they suck with their annoying fake accents (pt Drummer she rules)

Give me more amos, avarsala and bobbie dammit.

So it was a good episode. Got it.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gutcruncher posted:

Smash that motherfuckin like button. If we get 100 thousand likes, you will see me suck my own dick

I'm glad there's a word for that (so I can complain about it in the future) but I feel like using those specific words take away valuable language real estate from, for example, social causes. Makes begging for support seem more glorious than it actually is

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

The Klowner posted:

I'm glad there's a word for that (so I can complain about it in the future) but I feel like using those specific words take away valuable language real estate from, for example, social causes. Makes begging for support seem more glorious than it actually is

I mean, it's a marketing term-of-art that has existed for many decades. It can be anything from "Be sure to like and subscribe!" to "Use code 'blowbang' at checkout!" to "Drink more Ovaltine!". It's basically anything that you have someone say that asks the audience to do something.

Much like "ad read", it's an old term that has now slipped into the popular lexicon primarily because it's now something done by anyone with a youtube channel instead of being reserved for broadcast professionals, the way it had been since the inception of broadcast media.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Galewolf posted:

So, uh, the Sex and the City spinoff wasn't a Corona fewer dream of mine :negative:

nowadays they'd have to call it sexless and the apartment, am I right?

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Why didnt they get Mr Plinkett to sing the National Anthem?

Presidency ruined!

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Tip posted:

Yeah, I was about to say that there is backstory in the book and there's a reason that the movies avoided it.

“In the version first published, [the Oompa-Loompas were] a tribe of 3,000 amiable black pygmies who have been imported by Mr. Willy Wonka from ‘the very deepest and darkest part of the African jungle where no white man had been before.’ Mr. Wonka keeps them in the factory, where they have replaced the sacked white workers. Wonka’s little slaves are delighted with their new circumstances, and particularly with their diet of chocolate. Before they lived on green caterpillars, beetles, eucalyptus leaves, ‘and the bark of the bong-bong tree.'”
[from Jeremy Treglown’s Roald Dahl: A Biography]

:yikes:

They didn't change the book until after the movie.

Turns out I have the racist version

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just started return of the king 4K extended and I didn’t realize this is nearly 4.5 hours

Fuckin lol

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Taintrunner posted:

Just started return of the king 4K extended and I didn’t realize this is nearly 4.5 hours

Fuckin lol

I think that includes like 25 minutes of credits fwiw

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Yeah it's 3:45 and then a gonzo amount of credits and thank yous.

Like 300 names on screen at any given time for at least 30 minutes.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
And not one of those names is Weedlord Bonerhitler, so don't bother checking.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
At that point, having a "We are thanking everyone except these fuckers:" list would be more practical:

Exceptions:

Max Landis
Culks Xanax Slave
Mentally ill 30 year old woman living with her parents and owns a giant porg

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

They should have just called the fan club members nerds in the credits

Nerd 1
Nerd 2
Etc

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

“We’d like to thank the hard working New Zealand crew who made all this possible, who we will completely gently caress over in about a decade when we want another bite of the apple”

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

What about the other 7 rings man had?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

luchajones posted:

None of those were to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them. So who gives a poo poo.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

luchajones posted:

they were the nazgul

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Gripweed posted:

None of those were to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them. So who gives a poo poo.

well it seems silly to destroy 2 rings of man and leave the rest

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they were the nazgul

evil kings that became groovy ghoulies

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

luchajones posted:

well it seems silly to destroy 2 rings of man and leave the rest

When you're young you could probably destroy several men's rings, but after 30 you lose that stamina and need a gatorade and a smoke.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

And why didnt someone just come in and forge a super duper ring that controlled the One Ring?

Just like the eagle questions...LOTR has too many plotholes!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

luchajones posted:

And why didnt someone just come in and forge a super duper ring that controlled the One Ring?

Just like the eagle questions...LOTR has too many plotholes!

everyone else that knew how to forge rings of power was dead or banished to the void

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Raskolnikov38 posted:

everyone else that knew how to forge rings of power was dead or banished to the void

sounds like an excuse for lazy writing!

and that poem about the rings makes it sound like the One Ring is 3 different rings. loving Tolk!

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
The only thing I like about "Why they didn't use the Eagles to drop the ring?" brings the most frothing nerdlords out of the woodwork to explain why.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Sauron just wanted his cock ring back :(

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Galewolf posted:

The only thing I like about "Why they didn't use the Eagles to drop the ring?" brings the most frothing nerdlords out of the woodwork to explain why.

Because then there wouldn't be a story.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milo and POTUS posted:

There's a real chance the fake blood freckled conan's face even more and it's a very funny mental image

100% he got some blow back at that range. Even though it's an old gif you can see the droplets flying out.

Dabir posted:

I don't like calls for action but everyome who does them says they do legitimately make a big difference. Blame YouTube for sucking enormous poo poo I guess.

Like, I get it. The effect may or may not be real. It's the sheer frequency that pisses me off, just stick to one at the end, don't be cheeky with your banners. I don't care if the sub rate is only 30%, if it's 30% for everyone obviously none of what you are doing makes you special, you're just rat racing. The eye rolling ad reads. The really good tubers not only have a good lead in but mix it up with their own style, be amusing. Otherwise, I am reaching for the mouse. It's like fertilizer, oh, crops got better yield! If I use more I will get an even higher yield and repeat until they burn the ground and poison the river with run off.

The one thing I really appreciate about RLM is they do none of that poo poo. If you like their stuff you are going to sub. They aren't creepy with the para social stuff, keeping a healthy distance. They are out of maybe 3-4 channels I have literally watched every single video, all down to content.

Galewolf posted:

Sauron has really good Russian made SAMS and AA guns.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
All the rings combine like voltron and kick the poo poo out of one of those giant olyphants (timothy).

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pham Nuwen posted:

Turns out I have the racist version

:stonklol:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

oohhboy posted:

Like, I get it. The effect may or may not be real.

im not defending youtube CTAs because i also hate them but the effect is real

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So the fairies aren't fairies in the new adaptation? That's like taking He-Man and putting him in suburban America.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Fairies are rucking lame. It's all about the Nymphs!

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

super sweet best pal posted:

So the fairies aren't fairies in the new adaptation? That's like taking He-Man and putting him in suburban America.

I would definitely watch He-Dad and the Masters of the Grilliverse though

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Why wasnt She-Ra called He-Woman or She-Man?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

im watching the blob remake right now and something i dont thing mike and jay mentioned is how bad the score is (or maybe they did?). it is very bad and cheesy but not in a good way

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gadzuko posted:

I would definitely watch He-Dad and the Masters of the Grilliverse though

If the Masters of the Universe movie had been about a properly hammy Skeletor bumbling around a modern US city like the villains in Beastmaster 2 it would've been a great movie.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy poo poo that ending for return of the king really goes on for a bit, don't it

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Taintrunner posted:

holy poo poo that ending for return of the king really goes on for a bit, don't it

Don't spoil it. I'm at the noon showing because the midnight opening night sold out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
See you tomorrow morning.