Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

People getting monomaniacally obsessed with Trump himself is also what got us Biden in the primaries imo

well, that and TV news

I have never been madder at TV news than I am right now, the sooner they all die off the better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1352263575612612608

quote:

On June 9, 2003, President George W. Bush nominated Wray to be the 33rd Assistant Attorney General in charge of the Criminal Division of the Justice Department.

he's been a republican appointee for over 17 years! gently caress you! didn't you learn anything from keeping James Comey on the job?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

im having trouble thinking of times when trump being unpredictable and incompetent were bad things if anything thats where all the silver linings came from

When he had Soleimani blown up?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

In retrospect, Trump being unpredictable actually prevented more war than it caused. That Muslim immigration ban was pretty much the only negative Trump wildcard thing that he actually got away with

the muslim ban wasnt even that far out legally the only problem with it was that trump said too many racist things ahead of time hilary could have and probably would have passed the exact same ban and the event would have passed without comment because there wasnt a narrative of her being racist

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Flavius Aetass posted:

I disagree to an extent. I think trump thread posters by and large were very much aware of the larger picture but focused on trump because a) he's dumb as poo poo and that's extremely funny and b) he's wildly unpredictable and incompetent, which posed real and unique threats

The allure of going psychotic over trump the past 4 years is everyone encouraged everyone else to do it. He was the worst so it was completely fine to just hate and despise him all day every day. Anything goes.

Its too late to stop encouraging them here since the mods have been in on it the whole time going insane themselves, so containment threads are probably the only real option. Most of them will move on in a few months and the ones that dont are beyond help anyway.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

without trump drops they'll move on to greener/browner pastures eventually

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

alarumklok posted:

without trump drops they'll move on to greener/browner pastures eventually

lol that deplatforming worked, just not on the intended target

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

People getting monomaniacally obsessed with Trump himself is also what got us Biden in the primaries imo

well, that and TV news

I have never been madder at TV news than I am right now, the sooner they all die off the better

that's absolutely true but it applies a lot more to the lib dem base than it does to the trump thread, of which there was not to my knowledge a single Biden supporter

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
here have some homegrown succ

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1352220325665243138?s=20

Jesus lol

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

The Trump threads are fun because we play off the absolute absurdity of everything as a way to cope while also yes, understanding the big picture (mostly, I'm not gonna say that there aren't truly brokebrained posters). It's not mutually exclusive

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Ash..... :negative:

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1352263575612612608

he's been a republican appointee for over 17 years! gently caress you! didn't you learn anything from keeping James Comey on the job?

i want to keep working with the party that has constantly reminded everybody with a pulse that they will obstruct everything i ever want to do

yes i am very good

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Hope this helps. Any president with an fbi director is bad.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

spacetoaster posted:

Also a lot of people seem absolutely certain that the conservative movement is completely defeated and we have just ushered in a 1,000 year liberal reign.

lmAo

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

loquacius posted:

A lot of people were more worried about Trump the individual person than the American far right as a whole, that was the whole issue with the trump thread imo

hi please differentiate between cspam trupm thread and whatever thread you are talking about when you say "tumpo thread"

unless you are talking about our trmup thread in which case i have no idea what you're talking about

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

breathed a sigh of relief when I realized this post wasn't indicating that big tittie scottish communist hornyposter was getting cancelled again

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jazerus posted:

hi please differentiate between cspam trupm thread and whatever thread you are talking about when you say "tumpo thread"

unless you are talking about our trmup thread in which case i have no idea what you're talking about

yeah I absolutely get the criticism that I'm conflating every single person I know IRL with the C-SPAM trumo thread, I see you and I hear you etc and it makes sense

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

loquacius posted:

yeah I absolutely get the criticism that I'm conflating every single person I know IRL with the C-SPAM trumo thread, I see you and I hear you etc and it makes sense

trimp thread is like 50% people who also post in succ zone and 50% food posts. never understood why people in the succ zone acted as though it was a separate entity

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
TUMO!!!!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

That's the spirit

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I ate a sixer yesterday for mildly insulting Pick after she said "hey, there could be a picture of me with a confederate flag, who could know" which really tells me everything I need to know about where D&D is headed

I'm a moron who enjoys USPOL because 100% of my work colleagues are left liberals and it's good practice, but they're not making it easy to participate

Good job practing having nobody listen to you

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

not bad for your first try

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Jazerus posted:

trimp thread is like 50% people who also post in succ zone and 50% food posts. never understood why people in the succ zone acted as though it was a separate entity

I followed the link to that hilarious “I’m left sympathetic also gently caress leftism” post and there sure were a shitload of folks echoing the usual pablum

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

loquacius posted:

well, that and TV news

trump wasn't wrong at all the the news media are the enemy of the people, but like everything else he was right about it was for the wrong reasons

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gringostar posted:

trump wasn't wrong at all the the news media are the enemy of the people, but like everything else he was right about it was for the wrong reasons

you see, they are controlled by the wrong billionaires

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

World War Mammories posted:

I followed the link to that hilarious “I’m left sympathetic also gently caress leftism” post and there sure were a shitload of folks echoing the usual pablum

there wasn't actually a link provided to that post, just coy hints as to where to find it which didn't mention trump thread at all, so i have no idea what you're talking about

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Flavius Aetass posted:

I disagree to an extent. I think trump thread posters by and large were very much aware of the larger picture but focused on trump because a) he's dumb as poo poo and that's extremely funny and b) he's wildly unpredictable and incompetent, which posed real and unique threats

The trump thread was just a chat thread. Nothing more.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
also i mostly posted in the trump thread because i only have a finite amount of posting time and at least trump was insane enough to be funny

succ zone was/is depressing but also 100% right

on the bright side, the climate change thread is giving me hope that humanity dying is speeding up so maybe we won't take literally every other species out with us

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Dixon Chisholm posted:

The trump thread was just a chat thread. Nothing more.

to be fair some of us were also trying to time page snipes with shitposts

turns out its really loving hard to do

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

loquacius posted:

breathed a sigh of relief when I realized this post wasn't indicating that big tittie scottish communist hornyposter was getting cancelled again

Same

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

loquacius posted:

you see, they are controlled by the wrong billionaires

that was exactly trumps problem with them and why he's a loving idiot even if he managed to come to the correct conclusion

the real problem is that billionaires even exist to own the news

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

okay after reviewing the post in question, having tracked it down

lmao this is what you're using to say that the tup thread is reactionary??? this jupiter jizz guy has never posted in a tumbo thread in his life and the biden thread is, uh, not the turpm thread. there's already a new trump thread.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

don't you have to worry about getting #boris out of downing street or whatever

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Jazerus posted:

Trump thread consensus was never as hard anti dem as succ zone. Whether it was because the thread moved to fast for it to cause major blowups, I'm not sure.

It was different.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Jazerus posted:

there wasn't actually a link provided to that post, just coy hints as to where to find it which didn't mention trump thread at all, so i have no idea what you're talking about

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Had the Biden admin said anything about Portland yet?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Jazerus posted:

okay after reviewing the post in question, having tracked it down

lmao this is what you're using to say that the tup thread is reactionary??? this jupiter jizz guy has never posted in a tumbo thread in his life and the biden thread is, uh, not the turpm thread. there's already a new trump thread.

not that post, the positive responses to it, as stated

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
We've been saying this forever

https://twitter.com/leedrutman/status/1352256781385396230?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Trump thread consensus was never as hard anti dem as succ zone. Whether it was because the thread moved to fast for it to cause major blowups, I'm not sure.

It was different.

what

that's like saying that the succ zone thread consensus was never as anti-trump as the trump thread. the subject of the thread is obviously going to be the focus of conversation while things like "dems bad" and "trump bad" are taken as obvious if they aren't the focus. that's like, the premise of cspam, that we all accept those things as obviously true

idk this is a bizarre point of view to me as someone that has always posted in both places.

those biden thread posters that agreed with jupiter jazz are like, not trump thread posters. at all. wtf