Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Real answer: Riposte or Reckoning + Life leech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Do the gems in Surrender modify the reckoning skill because is so : nice

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They do but a level 30 Reckoning is still not as good as a Reckoning 6L, not that anyone would do that because if you're gonna 6L something you're obviously gonna do it with a Riposte. "Obviously", she says, as if anyone else put some thought in these lovely skills.

You can Reckoning - Pulverize - Life Leech if you need to do it on a 3L. Reckoning gets a huge area from Pulverize, and the raw damage of Reckoning helps capping Life Leech passively.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would put fortify in there imho

Is fortify even needed on max block

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fortify doesn't work with trigger gems.

euphronius posted:

Is fortify even needed on max block

A lot of Gladiators go for max block and ignore health pool and other sources of mitigation. Fortify remains a very solid source of mitigation in the game, which is why people in SSFHC still kinda prefer to go for a character with a third of the EHP, but four times more alpha survival as Champion.

Fortify as is is 20% less from all hits, with Rampart and Steadfast wheels, 33%. For champions that means 50% more EHP against hits all the time, for everyone else it depends on how good you are at keeping up your Shield Charge Fortify, or your Vigilant Strike Increased Duration The Vigil, or your AG Kingmaker.

Edit: Or, God forbid, Hardened Scars.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 21, 2021

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey I've gotten my ground slam berserker to maps and have a few questions. Its pretty fun but I'm having trouble with health and rage sustain. Health is decent but with the degen pretty much all of my health recovery is flasks+warcries, and then its hard to keep rage up with the warcry node. I guess I cam slap rage in my 5l but thats leaving a lot of damage on the table.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I've finally got to maps, and the ritual rewards are just absurd. On my first map I got one that was just a stack of 10 chaos :v:

This ritual system is insidious, the way it presents all sorts of goodies and makes you defer the best ones until later. Its the perfect hook to make people play just one more map. I hope Chris Wilson never gets into the drug trade.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Ironsolid posted:

Original Post:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3828536&pagenumber=2007&perpage=40#post508235732

Hey gents, Canis here. Here's my loot filter. All Mario sounds. (Kick, jump, stomp, fireball, world completion, and the spade match from cards)

1-21-21 2:40 PM ET Echoes V1.21

Current up to date loot filter:
https://filterblade.xyz/?profile=Ironsolid&saveState=JLGxZfNuJy6j1e&platform=pc

Zip link with all sound files:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_JC1h3rSh_tkS-0D7aF8Mz7Ea94JjkUA/view?usp=sharing

Loot filter History:

Starter: https://www.filterblade.xyz/?profile=Ironsolid&saveState=Heist%20-%20Base%20Sounds&platform=pc

Mid Week 1 Filter: https://filterblade.xyz/?profile=Ironsolid&saveState=JLGxZfNuJy6j1e&platform=pc

If you have a suggestion, please use this google sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iRjVD--1hyc8xckhZod4OsOx28RxWafDXmhNhYAnwBs/edit?usp=sharing

V1.21
Leveled Gems unhidden
5 links hidden

1.21 updated for Mid Week 1.

rasputin handshake
Dec 25, 2005

Hello, WIP? Am I on?
Has anyone had experience using Badge of the Brotherhood on a flicker strike build? I got insanely lucky and had one come up through Ritual so I’m taking it as a sign I should roll another character for it. Haven’t played flicker in a while and the new raider seemed like it could be a good fit but I’m wondering if anyone who has played one recently has thoughts. Might just roll another CoC Nova Assassin otherwise.

Edit: maybe this should be a general “recommend me a build that’s not going to waste this item” question

rasputin handshake fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 21, 2021

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Vasudus posted:

Despite all the hype, I find bleed explosions to be lacking - I'm still eating a ton of porcupine quills. That's going to be a problem later.
you're doing too much damage.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

rasputin handshake posted:

Has anyone had experience using Badge of the Brotherhood on a flicker strike build? I got insanely lucky and had one come up through Ritual so I’m taking it as a sign I should roll another character for it. Haven’t played flicker in a while and the new raider seemed like it could be a good fit but I’m wondering if anyone who has played one recently has thoughts. Might just roll another CoC Nova Assassin otherwise.

Edit: maybe this should be a general “recommend me a build that’s not going to waste this item” question

Using Badge + Stampede, CoC bodyswap Assassin, it will be just like flicker strike but with explosions!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

the level tag on a harvest craft means what exactly in relation to the ilvl of an item it can work on?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

the level tag on a harvest craft means what exactly in relation to the ilvl of an item it can work on?

Has to be within 10 .

Any item level over 83 is scored as 83 for these purposes (iirc)

This means level 73 crafts are usually the mininmum needed to be saleable

Edit

It’s level 86 . My brain is bad

euphronius fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jan 22, 2021

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

euphronius posted:

Has to be within 10 .

Any item level over 83 is scored as 83 for these purposes (iirc)

This means level 73 crafts are usually the mininmum needed to be saleable

ok i picked up a level 69 5L craft at some point and wanted to make sure i know what it's usable on while i'm building up my gear base

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

ok i picked up a level 69 5L craft at some point and wanted to make sure i know what it's usable on while i'm building up my gear base

It’s level 86 max

I remembered wrong. So level 76 crafts are needed to be sure you can craft everything

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Fenris13 posted:

Using Badge + Stampede, CoC bodyswap Assassin, it will be just like flicker strike but with explosions!

It never occurred to me that CoC's cooldown could be further reduced via travel skill cooldown reduction if it's linked to a travel spell... Does that really work?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Okay, so I need to stop exploding and I still can't quite figure out how:

https://pastebin.com/FB2WHSxq

T14+s are very rippy, and every now and then it just feels like 3.5kk DPS doesn't kill stuff fast enough even though that's insane. So I gotta be playing the build wrong or doing something ELSE wrong. Dread Banner (thanks Vas) and Enfeeble helped a bit, Enduring Cry feels awkward though it helps.

I'm running basically a mish-mash between Esoro and Matth's build (that's why it has EB) with some random poe.ninja adjustments right now. I could go take Wind Dancer and I still have to finish Uber Lab but I can't see Opportunistic fixing my issues. Other than that I'm not sure what to do other than throw more money at it. Replace the Cold Iron Points? Go shield?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Shhh you're gonna make GGG break all the filters to rename it like they did with Peenarch

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
10 storage spots is not *nearly* enough once you get the harvest atlas nodes. It feels like I get 10 good crafting options that I have no use for per grove.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

They are now correct.

To be clear, this is a Samnite, an Italian warrior tribe:

PoE's Samnite Helmet:

This is samite, silk woven with golden threads:

PoE's Samite Gloves:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dutifully deferring all currency over gear through entire acts because I don't have the hang of the economy yet. I've got more Chaos Orbs and Orbs of Fusing that I otherwise would have at this point.

Are there any use for Vaal Orbs or are the consequences too risky unless you've got a large stack and a lot of normals to burn through?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Victory Position posted:

Dutifully deferring all currency over gear through entire acts because I don't have the hang of the economy yet. I've got more Chaos Orbs and Orbs of Fusing that I otherwise would have at this point.

Are there any use for Vaal Orbs or are the consequences too risky unless you've got a large stack and a lot of normals to burn through?

You can corrupt rare maps for extra modifiers/chance to unid id'd maps. I'd say that's the most important use of Vaals.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

red maps have to be vaaled to get the atlas bonus

i vaal random uniques all the time just for fun hoping to hit like a curse on hit implicit or something

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
You're also legally required to throw Vaal Orbs at Hands of the High Templar until you brick them so chat can be entertained.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

whypick1 posted:

You're also legally required to throw Vaal Orbs at Hands of the High Templar until you brick them so chat can be entertained.

or any Tabula Rasas

or any top-tier uniques do it coward

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This league is easily my favorite of all time! Normally the league mechanic gives me a lot of junk loot and I only use a tiny bit of it; but these rituals let me laser focus on exactly what I'm after (dumb uniques and chaos orbs). I am only on tier 3 maps so far so I have not begun with the more advanced new atlas stuff. I expect Maven will be even more fun! I loved harvest crafting, but I have not found any groves yet. Heist seems to have the same drop rate of contracts as Heist league itself :v:

The reworked Hexblast and Occultist as absolutely power houses. Huge packs of monsters pop in one hit every time, and bosses die very quickly now. Hexblast seems particularly suited to Ritual league. Maybe GGG wanted to keep everything on theme, the Occultist is the obvious poster child of blood ritual league. The rituals condense a huge number of chump mobs into a small area, this is perfect as Hexblast is an area effect and Profane Bloom makes them all explode when they die (finishing off any stragglers). I'm dying more that I would like, so I think I am going to focus on getting more HP now rather than more damage. Everyone seems to build with energy shield, so I think I'm going to try that once I have saved up enough chaos to afford the proper equipment:

https://pastebin.com/zic711eR

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

How rippy late game content is? I'm doing T3-T5 maps with my bleed bow gladiator and the #1 problem has been dmg. I got Lioneye's Fall jewel yesterday so the damage is a lot better now.

I'm just thinking where to go next. I could get
-20% from rumi's
-24% from rearguard,
-4% from reckless defense jewel,
-4% from gladiator tree
-8% IF i've taken a hit recently (from gladiator tree)

So 52-60% chance to block spell and attack hits since glad tree gives equal chance to block spell hits.

If I understood right blocking a hit or a spell means I take 0 damage. So it would significantly reduce the damage I take, supposing basically every other hit does 0 damage.

I'd lose challenger charges which provide 20% more attack speed and 20% more ms. I would miss the chance of getting frenzy charges too.

Also regarding vulnerability, is a warlord ring with vulnerability better than a impresence amulet with free vulnerability aura? Vulnerability boosts damage at least as much as one extra socket in a damage skill. (40-50%).

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jan 22, 2021

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dias posted:

or any Tabula Rasas

or any top-tier uniques do it coward

No thanks. I'd rather figure out how to sell the uniques, including this Tabula Rasa.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I'm thinking of buying a map stash tab (and already have currency). Are any of the other types of stash tab good to have?

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Peewi posted:

I'm thinking of buying a map stash tab (and already have currency). Are any of the other types of stash tab good to have?

Map and divination are pretty handy.

The big rear end tabs are nice too

Wait until they go on sale though. It happens a lot.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Ihmemies posted:

I'd lose challenger charges which provide 20% more attack speed and 20% more ms. I would miss the chance of getting frenzy charges

I would absolutely go block. I don't think you need vuln either way? Can you not just blood rage for frenzy charges?

Peewi posted:

All of them are huge qol upgrades tbh

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Wezlar posted:

I would absolutely go block. I don't think you need vuln either way?

I guess I can try block. Respeccing 2 gladiator points isn't too expensive, only 10 regrets. Seems you can get body armor with 7% block etc so the block can go up to quite strong numbers. Like this guy has 59% spell and attack block chance. https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Deniscio/YEPbleedYEPblockYEPglad?i=0&search=class%3DGladiator%26item%3DRearguard

Vulnerability gives:
Cursed enemies take (30-39)% increased Physical Damage
Ailments inflicted on Cursed Enemies deals Damage 20% Faster

Which is a solid DPS boost. Especially that bleeds 20% faster...

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
At least one premium tab for selling stuff is also basically a requirement in trade league.

I'd say a basic beginners pack would be currency, map, div and a premium. After that you'll want a quad, at least a couple more premiums (I prefer upgrading the existing free tabs over buying new premiums) and the fragment tab. Essences and the newer league ones are nice enough but I wouldn't go out of my way unless you plan on going all in on crafting. Uniques is very very meh.

Make sure you save a little store credit for when the "buy anything and get a free loot crate" offers are on. There's a 2c weta pet if there's nothing you actually want to buy during the deal. And you can buy multiple, one per deal.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

My experience playing bleed bow is that the best way to avoid taking damage is to off screen everything with split arrow. I would get the vuln ring ASAP, right after the bow basically, and yes it is way better than the amulet because vuln aura requires you to be within aura range, but vuln on hit goes as far as split arrow does. After the vuln ring I would probably ignore rearguard unless it's <10c and shoot straight for a phys dot multi quiver, and I really liked to use kaom's heart (really cheap at this point in softcore) with this build but I'm not sure what your build guide recommends.

I do think that the vuln ring is probably one of the most important parts of the build and I'd recommend getting it ASAP.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

The vulnerability isn't that huge difference in damage. Skills with Lioneye's Fall jewel give more damage.. I have money for the ring, I'm planning to go for it next though. 6L belly is quite expensive.

I thought block would be good in juiced maps, bosses etc. so you don't get accidentally deleted.. might give more time to charge the snipe etc?

Also there's a nice small cluster jewel which gives endurance charges when blocking:
Rote Reinforcement
+20 to maximum Life
20% chance to gain an Endurance Charge when you Block
+4% Chance to Block Attack Damage

Maxed rearguard is like 2C and rumi 20C. 10 regrets are free since I always forget them and leave them to collect dust in my currency tab...

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jan 22, 2021

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I don't think the div card tab is all that useful. I use a regular-size tab for mine, and just pull out all the ones with blue numbers occasionally. I don't see the value for the specialized version.

Fragment tab is great for keeping things organized, imo, and would be on my list after currency, map, and a few premiums.

We had a poll at some point last year about what everyone thought were the best tabs. I don't suppose anyone kept that, and maybe it could go in the OP?

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

I think you'll be surprised, 30% more combined with the full bleed dealing damage 20% faster is an insane mod combo and is super noticeable, especially for map clear. I suppose it depends on how big your bleeds are, though.

I didn't use the snipe hat because sniping late game bosses was a horrible experience, I just threw out a mirage archer + gmp + ensnaring arrow and then tapped puncture a few times to get a good highroll with ryslatha's coil, which kicked off a bleed that would destroy any non-conqueror boss before it had time to finish 2-3 attacks. Herald of Purity is IMO a non-optional quality of life improvement because the presence of the sentinels fucks with boss AI in a really beneficial way. I'm sure I had plenty of block I just never noticed it because everything died so fast.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Pob says that a 32% increased effect *vuln ring gives 32% more split arrow dmg, from 38k to 50k. That doesn't sound too big of a number. If I got a 6L with deadly ailments it would give 40% more dmg, from 38 to 53k.

BOTH would take it from 38 to 70k.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jan 22, 2021

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Noper Q posted:

I don't think the div card tab is all that useful. I use a regular-size tab for mine, and just pull out all the ones with blue numbers occasionally. I don't see the value for the specialized version.

Fragment tab is great for keeping things organized, imo, and would be on my list after currency, map, and a few premiums.

We had a poll at some point last year about what everyone thought were the best tabs. I don't suppose anyone kept that, and maybe it could go in the OP?

Yeah fragment tab is easily the most useful after currency, maps, premium. It holds soooo much poo poo.

I also use just a regular tab for div cards and it takes me basically all league to fill it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
When I ran bleed bow a few leagues ago I didn't go full block and I'm frankly not sure how to get there with a bow. I just focused on off screening mobs as much as possible.