Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

MarshyMcFly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJgI4h-1Y0w&t=37s

20 Body + legendary fire gorilla arms + legendary berserker = one KO'd Razor!
Level 33 seems a lot more appropriate for that dumb quest. I had the same setup except electrical damage and no berserker, but in the low 20's I was dead in two hits and had to glitch myself a sledgehammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

i must compose posted:

Okay so I'm getting 60 fps at 1440p without rtx but as soon as I turn it on, fps drops a bunch while driving. Only happens when using rtx! I have a 3600 and a 3080, is this a cpu issue? Surely not gpu bound. This is with floss performance.

Make sure dlss is still on, rtx runs bad on everything without dlss.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Whoops I guess dlss auto corrected to floss. Yeah I have floss on. Are there gpu heavy settings to turn down or anything? It seems like changing my graphics settings at all seems to tank performance too unless I restart

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

i must compose posted:

Whoops I guess dlss auto corrected to floss. Yeah I have floss on. Are there gpu heavy settings to turn down or anything? It seems like changing my graphics settings at all seems to tank performance too unless I restart

Color precision on high hurts fps and literally nobody can see the difference.

Make sure anything set to psycho is turned down a notch.

E: I think this is a good guide

https://overclock3d.net/reviews/software/cyberpunk_2077_performance_review_and_optimisation_guide/1

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

LCdr. Jebus posted:

I don't know if I just had too high of expectation for the 1.x series patches but from reading the patch notes this seems more like hotfix 1.07. I guess we'll see how well it plays when it finally finishes downloading.

I'm pretty certain that's actually what the patch really is but they were feeling the pressure about their promise to have it out like a week ago so they just pushed out a glorified hotfix

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/marshymarsh101/status/1352860821156724736?s=21

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

jisforjosh posted:

Patch didn't fix my stuck quest with Brendan or the shopkeeper crafting specs issue.

I have had shopkeepers get crafting specs after a wait now, specifically the one in south pacifica. I will need to go somewhere that always offers legendaries and see if those respawn or not.

OTOH the two side quests I've had bug out on me still don't function properly :(.

EDIT: Also, IRT Boxing, how many additional matches are there after Razor Hughes? Is it just the one against Ozob?

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

sean10mm posted:

Color precision on high hurts fps and literally nobody can see the difference.

Make sure anything set to psycho is turned down a notch.

E: I think this is a good guide

https://overclock3d.net/reviews/software/cyberpunk_2077_performance_review_and_optimisation_guide/1

Thanks for the guide! Is it unrealistic to expect 60fps at all times with a 3600? I've already basically done everything the guide suggested.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just had a weird thing, not really a problem just more strange. This relates to after finishing up Judy's questline:

I went by her apartment since she said I could use it, and she was just hanging out there and talking about the politician quest she recommended me for even though she's long since left Night City. I thought maybe it was the game triggering that to happen because I did quests in the "wrong" order but then she started talking about how she's out of Night City now, about what Oregon was like and how she was currently driving so it was a good time for a chat etc. Just an all around odd experience.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

TheAnomaly posted:

EDIT: Also, IRT Boxing, how many additional matches are there after Razor Hughes? Is it just the one against Ozob?

Ozob isn't necessarily last, I did him I think 3rd overall, just popped up for me well before I fought Hughes. He's a pretty easy fight as long as you dont punch him in the face. (what does happen if you punch him in the face??? I never tried)

dishwasherwong
Sep 20, 2006

Best taken in small doses.

Jerusalem posted:

Just had a weird thing, not really a problem just more strange. This relates to after finishing up Judy's questline:

I went by her apartment since she said I could use it, and she was just hanging out there and talking about the politician quest she recommended me for even though she's long since left Night City. I thought maybe it was the game triggering that to happen because I did quests in the "wrong" order but then she started talking about how she's out of Night City now, about what Oregon was like and how she was currently driving so it was a good time for a chat etc. Just an all around odd experience.

I got this too during my last playthrough (I haven't tried it since because there is not much point going back to Judy's apartment) but I assumed that it was a hologram.

Not knowing much about the Cyberpunk universe, I didn't know that holograms aren't much of a thing in this universe and later found out from the Internet that this conversation is supposed to happen if you call her on the phone in your head and that all this is probably just another bug.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
In before people who loaded up on a ton of nexus mods are pissed off that the patch "broke their game".

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Pyronic posted:

Ozob isn't necessarily last, I did him I think 3rd overall, just popped up for me well before I fought Hughes. He's a pretty easy fight as long as you dont punch him in the face. (what does happen if you punch him in the face??? I never tried)

His head explodes. Do you mean there's a different conclusion to that fight if you don't? I was doing those fights with godmode because I didn't have the attributes or gorilla arms. (And it took forever.)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
In certain locations you can call someone and they'll physically load in. I called Regina after beating up a tragic psycho case and she loaded right up on the scene. Maybe this is the reverse version of that bug? A lot of people had even Jackie materialize in V's apartment.

E: the boxing quest seems absolutely not even worth getting involved with unless you're going with a hardcore punch build, imo

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jan 23, 2021

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I had the same thing with Judy in her apartment on my male V playthrough. It's just a bug, clearly.

Still don't understand the point of giving me access to new apartments that I can't sleep in though.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pyronic posted:

He only pops up after you've met him, even if the chain is otherwise over. Does he show up at the final fight if you meet him before?

SplitSoul posted:

His head explodes. Do you mean there's a different conclusion to that fight if you don't? I was doing those fights with godmode because I didn't have the attributes or gorilla arms. (And it took forever.)

Oh seriously? I hit him in the face a few times by total accident and it just sparked at me. I mostly punched him in the dick and he eventually went down without his head exploding. His fight ends at 10% health though, unlike the others. Probably because he's somewhat more afraid of his head exploding.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Orange Crush Rush posted:

someone should check if Killing In the Name and that one Cyberpyscho Gig (think it's Blood Ritual) still bug the gently caress out of you use double jumping too much and reach them from weird angles.

just checked, The Ritual is still bugged

literally the last quest before Hanako left for me

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Ok katanas are so much better than mantis blades its ridiculous. A low level katana build should be the endgame mantis blades build, body parts are just going everywhere.

Uncle Ivan
Aug 31, 2001
The sprint lunge with the mantis blades makes it way faster to chop apart groups of baddies though, and it's not like things don't die instantly with either mantis blades or katanas. Also, why are there no move speed augs in this game?

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
There's movement speed clothing mods but they don't seem to really work

Trying to use katanas in the secret ending is a no-go for my build that's int/reflex/cool based with only 6 body and 3300 armor on very hard. Maybe I hit a bug (I have my doubts given the nature of the story then) but I was capped below max health from the start so I was below 300 health and could take maybe 2-3 rounds.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
1.1 def seems to run noticeably smoother on my rig (5600x + 3070) @ 1440p, RTX ultra and DLSS Automatic. For some reason, takedown animations seem to be bugging out a lot with V's hands clipping through people when you grab them.

Also, is it just me or does the city seem more populated? I thought there were way more cars and people around after the latest patch. Might be placebo tho.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Missionary Positron posted:

1.1 def seems to run noticeably smoother on my rig (5600x + 3070) @ 1440p, RTX ultra and DLSS Automatic. For some reason, takedown animations seem to be bugging out a lot with V's hands clipping through people when you grab them.

Also, is it just me or does the city seem more populated? I thought there were way more cars and people around after the latest patch. Might be placebo tho.

I've been playing post-patch and roads in some areas of the city still seem near deserted. It's one of the few "bugs" I've experienced with the game so far thankfully, there just never seems to be much traffic outside of the city center. Though one time I did happen to turn and see the road suddenly flash to life with cars everywhere only for them to immediately disappear, so I suspect it's actually some issue with "fake" cars only meant to be seen from a distance failing to pop up in particular areas, and the cars with actual physical properties not spawning at all (but only in certain areas) for reasons beyond me.

Quickshanks
Oct 3, 2011

So damned good.
Anyone else catch that the whole sequence where you give up control to Johnny for the very first time was like really deliberately inspired by the extremely awesome music video for that one Prodigy song?

https://vimeo.com/144850907

Right down to him shoving the guy out of the bathroom stall to barf, chatting up and taking a dark haired stripper home, smashing out a car window etc. It's conveniently already in first person and even plays a somewhat similar song in the background.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Quickshanks posted:

Anyone else catch that the whole sequence where you give up control to Johnny for the very first time was like really deliberately inspired by the extremely awesome music video for that one Prodigy song?

Right down to him shoving the guy out of the bathroom stall to barf, chatting up and taking a dark haired stripper home, smashing out a car window etc. It's conveniently already in first person and even plays a somewhat similar song in the background.

Yeah, picked on it too. Fit pretty well for my female V.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

Jerusalem posted:

If you talk to Judy after her quests, her dialogue tree is the same whether you go to her apartment or call her on the phone. Sounds like her dialogue is correct in your playthrough, but the triggers to actually get her out of the city and make the apartment inaccessible either didn't work or don't exist

1982 Subaru Brat fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jan 23, 2021

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Quickshanks posted:

I remember over here in Europe, when that music video came out, it caused a huge controversy and uproar. Now this is considered nothing special.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

After the patch my bike when called continues driving in a straight line, 200m and counting, lmao. Apart from that the performance is much better, I can now play with RTX on ultra at 1440p with 60+ fps.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Son of Rodney posted:

After the patch my bike when called continues driving in a straight line, 200m and counting, lmao. Apart from that the performance is much better, I can now play with RTX on ultra at 1440p with 60+ fps.

Weird, mine has gone both up and down after the patch

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I deleted the game and set up a fresh install before bed, gonna be on PS5 all day let’s see how it goes.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Ok katanas are so much better than mantis blades its ridiculous. A low level katana build should be the endgame mantis blades build, body parts are just going everywhere.

Yeah Mantis Blades seem purely to be a way to carry 3 weapons instead of 2+katana. And style.

Also Scalpel seems to have a 100% bleed chance while in Sandevistan which is pretty loving absurd.

Judy never talked to me about the Peralez's job. drat. She'd had some other reactivity to quests before that I'd liked.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

During The Hunt mission, does a completely random woman show up behind the plastic sheeting as the young serial killer is approaching it, only to disappear when he walks through for everyone else too? I can scan them and they have a name and are listed as no affiliation, and I thought maybe it was his memory of his mother triggered by the dad's abuse, but the name is different and neither V or River mentioned her at all. It just seems way too perfectly timed in the way she disappears at precisely the moment the kid passes through the sheet not to be scripted.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

During The Hunt mission, does a completely random woman show up behind the plastic sheeting as the young serial killer is approaching it, only to disappear when he walks through for everyone else too? I can scan them and they have a name and are listed as no affiliation, and I thought maybe it was his memory of his mother triggered by the dad's abuse, but the name is different and neither V or River mentioned her at all. It just seems way too perfectly timed in the way she disappears at precisely the moment the kid passes through the sheet not to be scripted.

Yes. Remember you're viewing his dreams though!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Over the last month I went from "Katanas are cool" to "why are there only Katanas? There are other swords, 2077!"

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Bust Rodd posted:

Over the last month I went from "Katanas are cool" to "why are there only Katanas? There are other swords, 2077!"

I mean the only ones making that stuff are basically just Arasaka, and it doesn't make sense for the SUPREME ULTIMATE CORPORATION OF THE GLORIOUS EMPIRE OF JAPAN to make like, broadsowrds and poo poo

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

I found a kukri that was inexplicably 4 feet long though, and the machetes of various shapes are billed as 'long blades', but honestly I think it'd be weird to see non-katana swords, just because katana fetishization seems pretty on-point.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I found two different ones and it creeped me the gently caress and I hope it's not just unintended.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

gimme a crucifix blade and a staff so i can be cyberjesus from johnny mnemonic

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Same thing happened to me. Haven't gone back after that to check since I'm focused on the end game.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Legendary item stats don't change with savegame reloads anymore apparently, which got people upset, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Combat Pretzel posted:

Legendary item stats don't change with savegame reloads anymore apparently, which got people upset, too.

wait, uh, so if your legendary corpo pants roll with 1 mod slot your just screwed?