Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Seams posted:

what happened to the bad gimmick tourney? :ohdear:

Someone decided to use the poll to fling the f slur at another poster, which understandably pissed Rarity off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/BenRogerson_/status/1352888618336071680?s=20

BritWres, it's very loving stupid.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CovidProWrestling

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

D-von has the grossest bladed forehead in wrestling

New Jack and Abdullah are both worse

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

can't abdullah put quarters in his or is that a wrestling urban legend

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

Mick claims he can put a poker chip in the grooves and pop it out by flexing his forehead

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

frankenfreak posted:

Bernie would bring a different style to the mix:

I am once again asking you to tap out

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

CovidProWrestling

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Insertnamehere31 posted:

I am once again asking you to tap out

:golfclap:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think one or both of the Bushwhackers are pretty bad as well.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

Yes.

Another underappreciated gnarly forehead is Puerto Rican promotor Carlos Colon. Not coincidentally, he feuded a lot with Abby in absolute bloodbaths in an era before Hepatitis or HIV were things you worried about.

Also, if you've never seen Abdullah Kobayashi (or honestly a lot of death match dudes, but I think he's among the worst), look for a clip of him & look at his back. He's so badly scarred up from light tubes & barbwire & goodness knows what else that his back looks like it has the consistency of sandpaper.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

forkboy84 posted:

Yes.

Another underappreciated gnarly forehead is Puerto Rican promotor Carlos Colon. Not coincidentally, he feuded a lot with Abby in absolute bloodbaths in an era before Hepatitis or HIV were things you worried about.

Also, if you've never seen Abdullah Kobayashi (or honestly a lot of death match dudes, but I think he's among the worst), look for a clip of him & look at his back. He's so badly scarred up from light tubes & barbwire & goodness knows what else that his back looks like it has the consistency of sandpaper.

my personal favourite hosed up back deathmatch guy is Shunma, who looks very cute and sweet from the front and like he's been torn up by a weekwacker on the back.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I teach sociology in a high school class. Yesterday, I was explaining to them how norms differ from culture to cultures. I used handshakes in wrestling as my example.

This led to a discussion about blading and the students could not understand taking any job where you were paid to cut yourself.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I teach sociology in a high school class. Yesterday, I was explaining to them how norms differ from culture to cultures. I used handshakes in wrestling as my example.

This led to a discussion about blading and the students could not understand taking any job where you were paid to cut yourself.

Well yeah, that is the correct response to learning how wrestling actually works. It's loving ridiculous, and needlessly dangerous, and wrestlers aren't smart people. Also, blood can really elevate the drama of a match if used well and often looks real cool. I'm a hypocrite.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DaxFTR/status/1353004520272441345?s=20

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
There's always good old Jos LeDuc when it comes to gnarly foreheads.

He was a regular on Mid-Atlantic TV in the early 80s and apparently it was a-ok to just beam out a scarred up bloody guy like that.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

He had the very briefest of runs in the WWF in the late 80s (like, one or two matches) as "Headbanger" Jos LeDuc, where his gimmick was he'd get DQ'd because he wouldn't stop headbutting his unconscious opponent.

https://twitter.com/maskedwrestlers/status/1169311345914929152?s=20

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

French Toast Revolution?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Davros1 posted:

He had the very briefest of runs in the WWF in the late 80s (like, one or two matches) as "Headbanger" Jos LeDuc, where his gimmick was he'd get DQ'd because he wouldn't stop headbutting his unconscious opponent.

https://twitter.com/maskedwrestlers/status/1169311345914929152?s=20

I love how Gorilla shits on him immediately, saying he'll fare just as poorly as Butcher Vachon did in the WWF.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

None of your students will ever be a World's Champion.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I love how Gorilla shits on him immediately, saying he'll fare just as poorly as Butcher Vachon did in the WWF.

Yeah what a lovely announcer he was.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Pearl Harbored the man's career.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Mr. Squishy posted:

None of your students will ever be a World's Champion.

One kid asked if anyone ever cut themselves wrong and hurt themselves. I showed them clips of Eddie Vs JBL and all they could say was “THEY DID THIS ON PURPOSE! WHAT THE HELL?”

When I told them that moments like this make people notice them so wrestlers do stuff like this to get to the top where there is more money.

A student said that that would be like him blading at his job at Dunkin Donuts to get a raise. I told him that it would be more like him being willing to stick his hand in a fryer or oven to show how dedicated he was to the job.

Kids do not understand how to make it in the world today.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Guaranteed, there was one kid in that class who was thinking "cutting my face is all I have to do to make money?" and they have a bright and promising future as a professional wrestler

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/orangecassidy/status/1353034275432628231?s=21

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

inthesto posted:

Guaranteed, there was one kid in that class who was thinking "cutting my face is all I have to do to make money?" and they have a bright and promising future as a professional wrestler

And that kid grew up to be Necrobutcher.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah what a lovely announcer he was.

I can only imagine the commentary was recorded after they already knew they weren't going to keep using the guy, otherwise why say such a dumb thing?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Strange they'd turn FTR face now but let's see where they go with this

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I’m on my phone so someone please post a picture of villano iii and his insanely hosed up chin please

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

One kid asked if anyone ever cut themselves wrong and hurt themselves. I showed them clips of Eddie Vs JBL and all they could say was “THEY DID THIS ON PURPOSE! WHAT THE HELL?”

When I told them that moments like this make people notice them so wrestlers do stuff like this to get to the top where there is more money.

A student said that that would be like him blading at his job at Dunkin Donuts to get a raise. I told him that it would be more like him being willing to stick his hand in a fryer or oven to show how dedicated he was to the job.

Kids do not understand how to make it in the world today.

If they're students they're probably too young to remember Jackass, but is there a modern equivalent on tiktok or something?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lone Goat posted:

If they're students they're probably too young to remember Jackass, but is there a modern equivalent on tiktok or something?

they're still making jackass movies, steve-o and someone managed to hospitalize themselves shooting a new one a month or two ago

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they're still making jackass movies, steve-o and someone managed to hospitalize themselves shooting a new one a month or two ago

The other guy was Johnny Knoxville

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Not so much "still" as they managed to convince the studio that they could make another after 11 years and still have it be funny.

So it's been a while.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Wrestling really is The Hurt(ing Yourself) Business. I mean no joke that is the core of the job. And is cutting your forehead any more hosed than say, the table bump Darby took against Cage?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

Wrestling really is The Hurt(ing Yourself) Business. I mean no joke that is the core of the job. And is cutting your forehead any more hosed than say, the table bump Darby took against Cage?

They are both equally cool.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

ChrisBTY posted:

Yeah, it wasnt the blading that made it hard for Mick Foley to walk.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Very occasionally getting a small cut on your forehead is leagues safer than getting even a single concussion. It’s also much cooler and looks badass.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

MrBling posted:

Not so much "still" as they managed to convince the studio that they could make another after 11 years and still have it be funny.

So it's been a while.

I think the fact that they are going to be 40 and in varying stages of sobriety will be hilarious

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I think the fact that they are going to be 40 and in varying stages of sobriety will be hilarious

They’re all pushing 50, their target audience are the ones now approaching 40.

Them and Darby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

They’re all pushing 50, their target audience are the ones now approaching 40.

Them and Darby.

Yeah, it's going to be great.

I'll chuckle sensibly while I distract myself from the disaster and futility of life.