Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Scientastic posted:

Hal's reaction to me shading his and merk's interaction felt genuine to me

Lol this well-timed follow up that makes me think your callout was sincere.

:tinfoil: theory: you and Hal are the scum and this was good a good bus followed up with a good callback to make you both more seem more town oriented.

Too early to tell ofc, just being paranoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Referee posted:

I’d really like to try this. Do you have a recipe with measurements handy?

https://triedandtasty.com/marshmallow-clouds/

I basically followed this one, I added more vanilla and I’d recommend 6 or so mini mallows per cookie, 4 was too few IMO

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

And yes, time for serious mafia.

Not much to go on yet, I feel like merk voting me there is typical merk play, will think about the scientastic-referee interactions

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Scientastic posted:

We're getting to the point where we need to start actually trying to play the game as well as cooking, so I am going to try to explain why we should vote for Referee:

I find this post to be excessively self-conscious: Ref is overly aware of his lack of interaction at this point and is trying to excuse it by explaining his absence away. The low level of posting is not actually bad, this game is (as has been observed) more chill than usual, and people are concentrating on the cookery: there's no need for him to post this, and I think the reason he does is because he is paranoid about being called out for it.

Nah. Most of you have played with me enough to know I tend to lean towards explaining away my own absences as a general rule regardless of alignment. My only previous post had been this:

Referee posted:

I (mafia edit for clarity: “am”) brutally hungover today so bacon and egg sandwich might be dinner tonight or breakfast tomorrow but I am excited to make it.

So yes, I was conscious of my lack of participation, but “overly so” is entirely in the eye of the beholder. That said, I intentionally didn’t respond to your vote at the time you placed it because I wanted to see if you’d come back to this.

I think the more telling piece is your first paragraph. In a chill game like this, I suspect scum are likely to be somewhat more uncomfortable with pushing false cases, and here I think you’re saying more about yourself, friend Sci, than you are me. :) So this vote isn’t an OMGUS as much as it is a recognition of the dynamic at play here.

##vote Scientastic

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Insandenza posted:

https://triedandtasty.com/marshmallow-clouds/

I basically followed this one, I added more vanilla and I’d recommend 6 or so mini mallows per cookie, 4 was too few IMO

Brilliant, thank you. I think I’ll give this a shot- yours looked great.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Yeah, I'm going to make some of those soon. I love dessert too much and I bet they'd be a hit.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Referee posted:

I think the more telling piece is your first paragraph. In a chill game like this, I suspect scum are likely to be somewhat more uncomfortable with pushing false cases, and here I think you’re saying more about yourself, friend Sci, than you are me. :) So this vote isn’t an OMGUS as much as it is a recognition of the dynamic at play here.

##vote Scientastic

Ah, the old “I’m rubber, you are glue” defence. Old school.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I have created a sandwhich of greasy goodness.

Start with the ingredients, including 3 day old home made bread.

Prep those thicc slices while your bacon cooks

And make them tastey.

Use these highly useful tools for creating perfectly round fried eggs, adding salt and pepper.

Melt the cheese a bit.

And done!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Scientastic posted:

Ah, the old “I’m rubber, you are glue” defence. Old school.

I wouldn’t call it exactly that. :)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Amnistar posted:

Use these highly useful tools for creating perfectly round fried eggs, adding salt and pepper.

Egg rings are another thing I’ve thought about buying several times and never pulled the trigger on. Maybe if I made more breakfast sandwiches...

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
How do you flip the egg in an egg ring

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

I think it cooks enough to keep its shape before you flip it?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

merk posted:

Spray the ring with oil and let it cook 1 side fully, then remove the ring from the pan, the egg will slide off (because of oil spray) and then flip like normal.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I need an egg ring, also definitely about to fix some brunch.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Egg rings never work for me, my pans are all too misshapen

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote GGN has not cooked

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Scientastic posted:

We're getting to the point where we need to start actually trying to play the game as well as cooking, so I am going to try to explain why we should vote for Referee:

I also noticed that Referee post at the time but just mentally filed it away for later. I didn't think it was that suspicious, more like one of a very small set of posts it was possible to suspect. So at first I was on board with Ref here, thinking it might just be jumping at shadows:

Referee posted:

Nah. Most of you have played with me enough to know I tend to lean towards explaining away my own absences as a general rule regardless of alignment.

But then the post continued:

Referee posted:

So yes, I was conscious of my lack of participation, but “overly so” is entirely in the eye of the beholder. That said, I intentionally didn’t respond to your vote at the time you placed it because I wanted to see if you’d come back to this.

##vote Scientastic

I don't like this at all, if we should know our meta enough to remember little details like 'Referee just normally explains away absences', it should be even easier to remember Sci's very broad meta of 'high effort bulldog player'. Trying to gun for him this early, over picking at something that deserved picking at, smells fishy.

##vote Referee

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

##vote GGN has not cooked

Hey man neither have I!! And I said I wouldn’t be doing too much because again, I’m a garbage man

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't like this at all, if we should know our meta enough to remember little details like 'Referee just normally explains away absences', it should be even easier to remember Sci's very broad meta of 'high effort bulldog player'. Trying to gun for him this early, over picking at something that deserved picking at, smells fishy.

##vote Referee

This is a pretty good point. I feel like, I agree with Ref’s read of himself but I think Sci’s meta is strong and when he’s town he’s on-fuckin-point so he feels like a bad person to be throwing stones at so early. I’d vote Ref

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

This is a pretty good point. I feel like, I agree with Ref’s read of himself but I think Sci’s meta is strong and when he’s town he’s on-fuckin-point so he feels like a bad person to be throwing stones at so early. I’d vote Ref

Hmmm I see you there agreein with me Sandwolf

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Hmmm you haven’t cooked either, if it wasn’t for the sand alliance I might vote you too, I don’t like this post much

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
It sounds like sand is making meta excuses to keep a player in the game which is weird.

Bif +1ing that doesnt seem weird though.

I interpreted that last sand post as "this player, when town, is so good that finding them suspicious early on is suspicious"

And that just seems like a bad reason to find anyone else suspicious.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't like this at all, if we should know our meta enough to remember little details like 'Referee just normally explains away absences', it should be even easier to remember Sci's very broad meta of 'high effort bulldog player'.

##vote Referee

I would put you in that same category most of the time and yet you haven’t participated the same way until jumping on Sci’s bandwagon.

I also didn’t expect anyone to have that meta regarding me memorized, which is why I was happy to explain it. But if you want to take that in bad faith too, go right ahead.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

If I flip I’m honestly not going to be that upset about it anyway because I really like the recipe I chose (even if it’s not anything exotic), so y’all do what you want to do. But I don’t think Sci’s push here is in good faith at all.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Some quick unwarranted alignment calls based on what little mafia interaction there is.

Ref/sci - I dont feel like both of these players are town but I'm on the fence about both of them and have no strong opinions either way.

I just ~feel~ that these two probably dont share an alignment from the interactions.

Bif - town feel
Hal - town feel more or less
Merk - null, but curious with that earlier Hal callout.
Sand - null-leaning scum with that defense of scientastic, but I'm finding that I often misread sand in-game

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Referee (2): Scientastic, Bifauxnen
Scientastic (2): ObamaAkbar., Referee
GenericGirlName (1): Hal Insandenza
ObamaAkbar. (1): CapitalistPig
Hal Insandenza (0): merk, merk
Sandwolf (0): Scientastic, Scientastic

Not Voting (6): GenericGirlName, Idle Amalgam, merk, Retro Futurist, Rhymes With Clue, Sandwolf

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 25th, 2021 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 7 hours, 33 minutes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Referee posted:

I would put you in that same category most of the time and yet you haven’t participated the same way until jumping on Sci’s bandwagon.

Yeah I gotta give you that, I don't know there's something a little different about this game but I can't put my finger on why

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I agree with the referee vote

##vote ref

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Referee posted:

##vote Scientastic

Can someone tell me how this ends up getting to Sci = scum? Ref feels scummy for making such a stretch on someone who I haven’t seen do anything bad and yes, on a meta level, is very good when town. If its just Ref putting pressure on Sci for early D1 reasons, fine, but that’s an over explanation of a vote that I do not understand or agree with.

I’ve talked myself into it! ##vote Ref

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Referee posted:

Mate that's not a bandwagon, THIS is a bandwagon

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CPig with the driveby hmm

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Bifauxnen posted:

Mate that's not a bandwagon, THIS is a bandwagon

Lmao

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

lol

it's day 1 and we've spent almost all of it talking about cooking.

We gotta vote someone and this flimsy rear end ref case is the best we got.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote sandwolf Posting mad weird this page

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

Lol

##vote Sw

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Here’s a post

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

*accidentally twirls evil mustache*

Oh whoops

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Here’s a post

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

*accidentally twirls evil mustache*

Oh whoops

I forgive this gross misrepresentation, because I am full of grace.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

##vote CapitalistPig
I don't like "I agree" post/votes. Suspicious. Grasping.

CapitalistPig posted:

I agree with the referee vote

##vote ref

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I don't like "I agree" post/votes. Suspicious. Grasping.

:same: