Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

skeleton warrior posted:

The more I think about it, the more this game reminds me of GTA: Vice City

* An art vision of the 1980s fully realized and turned into a massive sprawling city which absolutely conveys everything you need to know and feel about the setting

* A GTA-like with 2002-era gameplay
If Luis Guzman lived inside your head for two thirds of the Vice City runtime it would be a much better game than CP on every level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
its weird because they have the "can't destroy this item" mechanic for johnny's stuff (which btw is great because if you craft multiples looking for more mod slots, it keeps all of them from every rarity in your inventory), why the gently caress wouldn't they enable this for all iconics

this game is just loving stupid as gently caress with the majority of its gameplay systems

wouldn't surprise me if its firesaled for $15 by the end of next month

like its currently going the Star Citizen route where all the "I like this game" content around the web is super pretty screenshots from people playing at max settings on super powered rigs talking about how they just hit 500 hours in the game and finding new locations to pose at

thats...not a good sign

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 25, 2021

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

TheAgent posted:

its weird because they have the "can't destroy this item" mechanic for johnny's stuff (which btw is great because if you craft multiples looking for more mod slots, it keeps all of them from every rarity in your inventory), why the gently caress wouldn't they enable this for all iconics

this game is just loving stupid as gently caress with the majority of its gameplay systems

I actually wish I could dismantle Johnny's poo poo because there's no way in hell I'm going to bother with upgrading it enough to wear it. Same goes for weapons. The upgrade/loot system is just total nonsensical poo poo, and this is coming from someone who put hundreds of hours into Destiny.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

TheAgent posted:

like its currently going the Star Citizen route where all the "I like this game" content around the web is super pretty screenshots from people playing at max settings on super powered rigs talking about how they just hit 500 hours in the game and finding new locations to pose at

thats...not a good sign

Yeah, it's already half-off for the PS4 and XBone physical versions, at this point they're not gonna be able to justify full price for the digital (still PC and Stadia only) versions for much longer.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Infinite Karma posted:

I seriously don't get "fix this for the DLC" for this kind of thing. You don't like Judy's apartment and it not having a bed to sleep in... it doesn't make it broken. You also can't save up ten million credits and buy the ending penthouse apartment, or steal cars and bring them to the GTA chop shop to add them to your garage. It's not part of the game?

im sorry for wanting mechanics present in every single open world game since saints row 2

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Thursday Next posted:

Welp, just found out that deconstructing "iconic" gear DOES give you the schematic... which is useless forevermore because you do not have the base component. I'm a dumb dumbo but that was not made clear :(

Oh. I didn't even understand that part. You get the schematic when you get the item.

Regardless, once you've deconstructed any icon item, it is gone forever and the schematic is useless. There's no prompt for deconstructing one, so hope you see the slightly yellowish background before you accidentally delete 'em :(

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I like Judy's apartment because she's still there, standing by her window and if you call her she just absolutely gushes about Oregon and how great it is there and you should come for a visit sometime lol

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Zeta Acosta posted:

im sorry for wanting mechanics present in every single open world game since saints row 2

yeah like one thing that really struck me is this is an open-world RPG with no minigames

i can't go play pachinko or something in one of the million pachinko parlors

CDPR created a minigame so good in Witcher 3 that they made it into its own full-fledged game, you're telling me they couldn't manage that in Cyperpunk? I think it's important in a game like this because otherwise your character is just sprinting from mass murder to mass murder with some (really well-done) conversations to split up the day

I liked Cyberpunk a lot for the record

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Pattonesque posted:

yeah like one thing that really struck me is this is an open-world RPG with no minigames

i can't go play pachinko or something in one of the million pachinko parlors

CDPR created a minigame so good in Witcher 3 that they made it into its own full-fledged game, you're telling me they couldn't manage that in Cyperpunk? I think it's important in a game like this because otherwise your character is just sprinting from mass murder to mass murder with some (really well-done) conversations to split up the day

I liked Cyberpunk a lot for the record
because its a broken, half-finished, half-thought out game made by new developers because the old ones quit because the billionaire in charge micro-managed things to an insane degree and only cared about looks and none of the actual gameplay because lol

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
they should ditch the entire gameplay and ill pay 60 bucks for a cyberpunk visual novel or disco elysium esque game. hire me keanu

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

TheAgent posted:

I like Judy's apartment because she's still there, standing by her window and if you call her she just absolutely gushes about Oregon and how great it is there and you should come for a visit sometime lol

In her defense I’ve done this with a lot of calls from relatives I’ve wanted to get out of. Out of town right now having a great time would love to chat though when I’m back around.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Zeta Acosta posted:

they should ditch the entire gameplay and ill pay 60 bucks for a cyberpunk visual novel or disco elysium esque game. hire me keanu
I mean that's basically what we got here. combat is so unchallenging, even with half the perks being broken or not working as intended, that you can just straight up kill everything on screen in 4 seconds to get to the talky bits that are pretty okay but ultimately come down to ME3's :speculate:

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 25, 2021

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

TheAgent posted:

because its a broken, half-finished, half-thought out game made by new developers because the old ones quit because the billionaire in charge micro-managed things to an insane degree and only cared about looks and none of the actual gameplay because lol

There it is. Little to long to be a thread title through.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

TheAgent posted:

On the other hand, not being able to remove stuff marked as quest items or stash them is annoying as poo poo. I prefer to keep stuff I don't actively need in V's apartment stash, but having to lug quest items around, long after said quest is ended loving blows.

Also, why would River's gun be a quest item, if you can't stash it? They clearly want you to, since there's a slot for it on the wall display in the stash room.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Thursday Next posted:

Oh. I didn't even understand that part. You get the schematic when you get the item.

Regardless, once you've deconstructed any icon item, it is gone forever and the schematic is useless. There's no prompt for deconstructing one, so hope you see the slightly yellowish background before you accidentally delete 'em :(

Meanwhile, I was selling some Legendary Dian SMGs and every time it gave me a popup asking if I was *sure* I wanted to do that.

Arch stash - is there one? I only have Jackie's, and nada; I've seen some comments online that there's a stash, but you haven to flip the fucker upside down for access.

Also no stash in the freebie Quadra Turbo-R V-Tech, dammit I need someplace to park this ridiculous gold-plated Grad...

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

That's me standing on the E.

I challenge anyone else to reach this location, only using vehicles and double jumps. I did save scum because some jumps were hard.

I think double jump is necessary for this one, but I have no experience using the big/hover jump.

This is in the downtown area, far left side of the map.

edit: I am definitely having more fun with this game trying to jump to the top of buildings than actually playing the game

forest spirit fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 25, 2021

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

TheAgent posted:

well at least he was competent on that, it is a very pretty game

Pajser fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 25, 2021

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The city parts are great, the not city parts.. eh

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Coming up on 150 hours or so. I can't argue with that.

The different Operating systems are pretty cool, I mean there's some variety there when you're a god level hacker. Occasionally though, I run into some kind of damage wrapping where Short Circuit gives 1-10 damage on opponents specifically vulnerable to electric damage.

Like most of the game play systems feel like prototype marzipan dildos. Good at first but sooner or later, it just becomes a mess.

Frying peeps from the inside never gets old though... Or making their chooms shoot them.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Infinite Karma posted:

I seriously don't get "fix this for the DLC" for this kind of thing. You don't like Judy's apartment and it not having a bed to sleep in... it doesn't make it broken. You also can't save up ten million credits and buy the ending penthouse apartment, or steal cars and bring them to the GTA chop shop to add them to your garage. It's not part of the game?

Same, like... what do you do at your apartment? What would you do at Judy's apartment? Who cares?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

TheAgent posted:

I mean that's basically what we got here. combat is so unchallenging, even with half the perks being broken or not working as intended, that you can just straight up kill everything on screen in 4 seconds to get to the talky bits that are pretty okay but ultimately come down to ME3's :speculate:

Almost everything in this post directly applies to Witcher 3, including the “half perks not working” thing.
For some reason CDPR likes to make games where the player far out scales everything else, so even with a little bit of attention to your stats and gear you start turning into a death god.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

2house2fly posted:

Same, like... what do you do at your apartment? What would you do at Judy's apartment? Who cares?
They are definitionally part of the game. They exist as spaces for you to visit. The conflict in the thread has always been between people who expect spaces to serve a simulative purpose beyond just providing a visual and people who don't (/ those who strive to protect the honor of CDPR). The apartment(s) are particularly galling because something like an email kiosk that never updates is actually worse for immersion than a computer you can't interact with at all.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

TheAgent posted:

thats...not a good sign

I really want to like Panam's rifle but I lean SO hard on tech weapon cover penetration when I bring out the sniper/precision rifle...

Like yeah sure it's great that it's silenced but 99% of the time when I need to snipe some fucker they're not THAT far away and behind hard cover I need to shoot through.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

They are definitionally part of the game. They exist as spaces for you to visit. The conflict in the thread has always been between people who expect spaces to serve a simulative purpose beyond just providing a visual and people who don't (/ those who strive to protect the honor of CDPR). The apartment(s) are particularly galling because something like an email kiosk that never updates is actually worse for immersion than a computer you can't interact with at all.

Wait do because your computer doesn’t get 100 spam emails a day it means your appartment serves no function? What?!

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Listen, I'll have you know that I personally emailed Joe Cyberpunk over at CD Projekt Red with my list of 223 brilliant suggestions for the game, and the fact that not one, not a single one of them made it into the game is glaring evidence of just how much content they cut from this hackjob of a game. I can't wait to fight for a refund once I'm done with my 80 hour playthrough.

Sachant fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 25, 2021

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
^^^ thats_bait.gif

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh i see we’re still doing the thing where playing this game for any amount of time means you can’t complain about it.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

forest spirit posted:

edit: I am definitely having more fun with this game trying to jump to the top of buildings than actually playing the game

Yeah double jump is a real game changer

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Almost everything in this post directly applies to Witcher 3, including the “half perks not working” thing.
For some reason CDPR likes to make games where the player far out scales everything else, so even with a little bit of attention to your stats and gear you start turning into a death god.
W3 has a ton of memorable moments and characters for me, even years later.

Cyberpunk has like three that I think I'll remember. Honestly the other day I was remembering the Panam tank combat end thing and realized it could've been straight outta any of the CoD games and almost got it confused with the end of Cold War. A lot of the set pieces, characters and choices are easily forgettable.

Weirdly I think the last River questline will stick with me, even thought the beginning and middle were forgettable (honestly I can't even remember why or how I met River) but the end at the farmhouse was sickening and weird and the virtual game with the kids was pretty cool

like I find it super weird that River is such a meh but I'll probably end up remembering and liking the end of that questline

really in like a few years in my brain CP2077 will be "that future game with keanu with a ton of lovely bugs, terrible combat and ill-planned mechanics that had a somewhat passible storyline and a handful of neato moments"

I'm hoping to add "and then they added this DLC that made it incredible and fixed all my whiny complaints, wow, good job, really well done, stellar, awesome" but I'm fearing it's gonna head v quickly into ME:A or Anthem territory

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh i see we’re still doing the thing where playing this game for any amount of time means you can’t complain about it.

To paraphrase Kanye:

"I hate Cyberpunk. It's awesome."

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

No but I've seen no shortage of people in the gamersphere banging their desks over refunds while admitting they played more hours than the dollar cost.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sachant posted:

Listen, I'll have you know that I personally emailed Joe Cyberpunk over at CD Projekt Red with my list of 223 brilliant suggestions for the game, and the fact that not one, not a single one of them made it into the game is glaring evidence of just how much content they cut from this hackjob of a game. I can't wait to fight for a refund once I'm done with my 80 hour playthrough.
yeah I emailed them "pls make it work on the PS4" and I didn't even get a loving read notification

wth Joe Cyperbunk

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

TheAgent posted:

yeah I emailed them "pls make it work on the PS4" and I didn't even get a loving read notification

wth Joe Cyperbunk

Terrible suggestion tbh

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

TheAgent posted:

I'm hoping to add "and then they added this DLC that made it incredible and fixed all my whiny complaints, wow, good job, really well done, stellar, awesome" but I'm fearing it's gonna head v quickly into ME:A or Anthem territory

Given CDPR's track record, why the latter is the prevailing opinion is beyond me. Like, they've fixed up every single one of their games for multiple years after release, generally for free.

In conclusion, gamersgoons are the worst and have lovely opinions.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Fuzz posted:

Given CDPR's track record, why the latter is the prevailing opinion is beyond me. Like, they've fixed up every single one of their games for multiple years after release, generally for free.
That track record was with entirely different developers, headed by an entirely different dude and run by a different set of managers.

I'll be happy if they do continue to support it but it wouldn't surprise me if they cut their losses and move on to the next project they have teed up.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

TheAgent posted:

That track record was with entirely different developers, headed by an entirely different dude and run by a different set of managers.

I'll be happy if they do continue to support it but it wouldn't surprise me if they cut their losses and move on to the next project they have teed up.

If they did that, they will get sued by the Polish Government or someshit so I doubt severely that’s what’s going to happen.

Also I do have a bit of a problem with people calling CP2077’s combat/gameplay terrible, while acting like it’s not just W3 with guns in first person, because it’s basically that, down to “everything not really standing a chance against you after a while.” People wanna give the old game a pass but gotta act like the newer one is all that’s wrong with game design. It’s like the Zelda Cycle is taking over all video game discussion or something.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

TheAgent posted:

The what now?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

TheAgent posted:

They haven't got a cash cow they can just put out in a year or even two. They need to get all the money out of CP2077 they can to tide them over for the several years until they can launch the next thing.

From a pure greedy rear end in a top hat POV they need to milk this game for all it's got, and the way you do that is patch it and make DLC so you can sell expansions and GOTY ULTIMATE versions.

Like for all the backlash it got, this was the biggest digital sales launch of all time even when accounting for returns. They have no incentive to bury it and move on.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-24-cyberpunk-2077-is-now-the-biggest-digital-game-launch-of-all-time

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Basic Chunnel posted:

In this game I can't imagine a way they could serve a purpose without significant changes to the way the game plays. eg in Bethesda games you can use player homes for crafting; maybe CDPR could make it so you can't craft from the pause menu and have to do it at your apartment. But would a change of that scale annoy people? Maybe they could give you a resting bonus for sleeping in your bed. Maybe they already do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

110hrs down, all sidejobs done/cars collected, friendships maxed out etc and got the secret ending. The thing that will stick with me is how unrepentantly loving sad it was. The conclusions with all of the chars I really enjoyed (Judy, Jackie, Panam, Silverhand, the NO QUESTION best character in the game Brendan, and even V) are just all so fuckin... sad. The prospects for the future are sad, the present is sad, the world all around you is sad. Judy, in particular, was one of the best characters in any game I've ever played. Her occasional texts after you finish her story line as a male were devastating to me, even if she was herself was doing ok.

When I ended Witcher 3, I felt at peace with it and still contemplate firing it up sometimes just to wander around and feel it again. I cant say the same about CP. Beyond the buggy/broken gamplay, the story and world are just so sad. I hated it and loved it. gently caress this game.

Judy :(