Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I wonder who's call it is that none of the EN girls have collab'd with Coco, given that she is a fluent English speaker. I assume someone's trying to avoid pulling the EN Girls into Coco's drama, but is it Coco herself or Cover?

I think it's probably a bit naïve to assume that the EN girls would be negatively affected by collabing with Coco, we already saw the Chinese Antis try and fail to take down Gura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Talorat posted:

I wonder who's call it is that none of the EN girls have collab'd with Coco, given that she is a fluent English speaker. I assume someone's trying to avoid pulling the EN Girls into Coco's drama, but is it Coco herself or Cover?

I think it's probably a bit naïve to assume that the EN girls would be negatively affected by collabing with Coco, we already saw the Chinese Antis try and fail to take down Gura.

Coco mentioned, I believe, around the first week of January that she'd pinged HoloEN for a collab, but, as of two weeks ago, had yet to receive an answer. Nothing else has been mentioned since - for all we know, it might've come the next day and the collab is being set up, or it might still be pending.

I presume her request has to be greenlit by ENma/JENma, since it's not like the girls are "ghosting" her: we've seen Coco talk on Twitter with Kiara, Gura famously dedicated Judgment to her during her first karaoke stream, and Mori went on record to say she saw Coco as an inspiration for her own VTubing career.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm sure Amelia "ground pound your mom" Watson and Takanashi "bottom left" Kiara are both really concerned about Coco ruining their pure image. They've been around for 4 months, if Coco wasn't blocked from having Sora on the shitpost review she's sure as hell not being blocked from having Gura on. She was even asking for Japanese language memes a few weeks back in preparation for having the EN crew on.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Brunom1 posted:

Coco mentioned, I believe, around the first week of January that she'd pinged HoloEN for a collab, but, as of two weeks ago, had yet to receive an answer. Nothing else has been mentioned since - for all we know, it might've come the next day and the collab is being set up, or it might still be pending.

I presume her request has to be greenlit by ENma/JENma, since it's not like the girls are "ghosting" her: we've seen Coco talk on Twitter with Kiara, Gura famously dedicated Judgment to her during her first karaoke stream, and Mori went on record to say she saw Coco as an inspiration for her own VTubing career.

Could be a scheduling thing too, if you remember that one stream where Haachama straight up asked the EN girls for collabs on stream, it took about 2-3 weeks from that stream to when the collab happened.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Maybe Collabs just take a long while. I remember when Ange set up a collab with Belmond, it was like at least a month for the next available date and these are relatively more independent vtubers than hololive's company.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

ina squidbagging confirmed toxic

also using gyro controls, loves all the squid puns and salmon run, ina is my spirit animal

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

^ and then it turns out she goes to Salmon Run, explodes everything far from the basket, and then yells "Come on!" until you show up

Tae posted:

Maybe Collabs just take a long while. I remember when Ange set up a collab with Belmond, it was like at least a month for the next available date and these are relatively more independent vtubers than hololive's company.

I'm so used to seeing indie Vtubers post "yo, who wants to play Phasmo on Sunday" on a Thursday night and setting up a collab right then.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Lyer posted:

Could be a scheduling thing too, if you remember that one stream where Haachama straight up asked the EN girls for collabs on stream, it took about 2-3 weeks from that stream to when the collab happened.

Even then, only the Amelia and Ina ones happened. The collab with Gura she was trying to arrange still hasn't happened and it's pretty clearly not because of unwillingness on Gura's part, because she talked about collabing with Haachama too.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Even then, only the Amelia and Ina ones happened. The collab with Gura she was trying to arrange still hasn't happened and it's pretty clearly not because of unwillingness on Gura's part, because she talked about collabing with Haachama too.

hell getting the schedules of people in drastically different time zones to line up is difficult enough on it's own

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

hell getting the schedules of people in drastically different time zones to line up is difficult enough on it's own

That would be the case if 80% of them didn't have awful sleep schedules. Korone pretty much lives in her own doggo timezone.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Lyer posted:

Honestly I don't think the EN girls are treated any differently than the JP/ID girls and it's just a side effect of their personalities and situations. The 3 of them (Ame, Gura, Ina) that stream in times better for Westerners are incredibly introverted and have difficulty even asking for collabs even within Hololive. On the other side of the coin for English Vtubers, I can see an apprehension for asking the EN girls for collabs without it seeming like they're wanting to ride their popularity.

The other two that would be willing to reach out, stream at ungodly hours for most English Vtubers. Also Kiara would rather much collab with the JP branch (because she can easily) and that basically leaves Callie who probably wants to have "non standard" collabs with people outside of Hololive that get shut down.

You're probably right. I keep forgetting the distance between all the members and all the time zones.

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, señor!
Did Callie have a 1on1 collab with anyone else in JP-crew besides Korone?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

I didn't see yesterday's Super Sunday, but I hear that Watson mentioned she'll be having a collab with a senpai this week. Did anyone catch that?

She already had one with Roboco before, so, unless it's ID Gen 1, the only other JP girls with at least a semi-decent grasp of English would be Aki, Haachama, Coco, Korone, or... Polka (stretching it a bit)? Anyone else?

PerOlus posted:

That was her only one, aye.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

PerOlus posted:

Does providing rap for Watame count?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Could be Apex with Aqua, if she has got her Japanese to the point where she can shout directional phrases and blame things on lag

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Takoluka posted:

^ and then it turns out she goes to Salmon Run, explodes everything far from the basket, and then yells "Come on!" until you show up

oh no shes only a new profreshional thats whats shes gonna do isnt she

oh no its an ark polaris rotation oh noooo

oh noooo ink brush and undercover brella rotation oh nooooo

e: im super tempted to stream snipe aaaa

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PerOlus posted:

nope iirc

Ina and Kiara are the ones who collab internationally a lot

e: pretty much all of jp who's interacted with her loves calli a lot though

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 26, 2021

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Smiles posted:

oh no shes only a new profreshional thats whats shes gonna do isnt she

oh no its an ark polaris rotation oh noooo

oh noooo ink brush and undercover brella rotation oh nooooo

e: im super tempted to stream snipe aaaa

gotta show her how it's done, friendo!

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Lyer posted:

Could be Apex with Aqua, if she has got her Japanese to the point where she can shout directional phrases and blame things on lag

IIRC Amelia once said she can and has played with Aqua, but while they can communicate enough to play, they can't communicate enough to actually make entertaining content out of it

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Way back before the Korone collab Calli said she had three music collabs planned with senpais. After Watame there should be two more in the works. It's been a while so hopefully they're still on.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
VShojo Jack Box highlights. That should be all you need to know, really.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Takoluka posted:

gotta show her how it's done, friendo!

i tried stream sniping the bakatare a while back but i couldnt manage due to the distance and probably 3000 other people trying to do the same thing so im not even gonna try lol

still im biting my fingernails from this gameplay aaaa

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Lyer posted:

hahaha no. She hasn't even started practicing this year :)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUK8z6GMmWk

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Callie and Ollie have a Phasmo collab this weekend. Should be good poo poo.

Sorry to interrupt the holodrama doomscrolling, carry on

Carteret fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 26, 2021

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Kuku from AniMare finished up a six hour karaoke stream earlier, she was adding an emoji to the screen every time she got another drink:

Lamy collab when.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Livers screaming in torment

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I mean this is Lamy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UclFIzxhtTo

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ4XlIz4uCc

Super Ultra God Nenechi going maximum overdrive.

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
https://youtu.be/8u9LSxJWN1s
Ina speaking the language of the Ancient Ones.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Speaking of Nene, the 31st is just the new 2D outfit reveal right? Her 3D will happen later?

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isOLZg_PHDs&feature=youtu.be

Super Nenechi can now add unemployment creator to her resume, RIP anyone listening to this at the office.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Lyer posted:

Speaking of Nene, the 31st is just the new 2D outfit reveal right? Her 3D will happen later?

Aye, we don't know when she'll get a 3D, only that it won't be in time for Bloom due to the redesign.

Also, here's a clip of the Coco zatsudan stuff I mentioned yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt4xBeMhzOc

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Lyer posted:

Her new design reveal is on the 31st, yeah, and her 3D debut's pretty much up in the air as to when it'll happen but is most certainly at least a couple months out. In the same stream as the Lamy pit water clip she talked about how the past couple months since the decision was made were pretty rough because of her falling behind her genmates and not even being able to join them in their 3D model testing.

Tribladeofchaos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isOLZg_PHDs&feature=youtu.be

Super Nenechi can now add unemployment creator to her resume, RIP anyone listening to this at the office.

On the plus side she's enjoying ruining her audience's careers.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Good to see that Ultra Mega Nenechi MkIII has finally found her voice as the enfant terrible of her generation.

Now she needs to be either a guest in a Haachama armpit pic appreciation stream or in Meme review.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How was haachama your first thought for armpit degeneracy and not Watame

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WojNYdXH_XE

Another EN-focused Terraria stream, starting in 15 minutes.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

How was haachama your first thought for armpit degeneracy and not Watame

Have all three together!

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Nene is pretty good. She became my fav of gen 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
For anyone who missed the Akukin HQ construction relay you really should check it out.

Stream started with Aqua's channel and then
every member had 30 minutes on their own channel to build something before handing it over to the next member for ~6h total content. It was nice to see 30k+ viewers even for members with usually smaller audiences like Mel, Choco, Aki or Iofi.

Would be nice if that type of mass collab would be used more often in the future, gives everyone the chance to show off.