Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Lily Catts posted:

so is the Peacock deal a win for WWE? Kinda weird situation, looks like countries outside the US will still be on the Network

Peacock has 24 million more subscribers than the network

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

WWE is getting paid a billion dollars and their current product is doggie doo doo with no plans to turn it around so yeah they did alright imo

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It's a short-term win but they've essentially thrown in the towel on growing the WWE Network which was supposed to reduce their dependency on rights fees.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

It's a short-term win but they've essentially thrown in the towel on growing the WWE Network which was supposed to reduce their dependency on rights fees.

They will solve this problem when Comcast buys them.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Record profits

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Pylons posted:

They weren't going to get a billion worth of new subscribers in four years when they get their rights back.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Pylons posted:

Despite having hundreds of millions of dollars it took them 9 years to fix their search algorithm and their video player is still rear end, I don't think being a top tier streaming service is their destiny.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

This was great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my loving God

Dacap posted:

Because why have any suspense on the show that’s all about surprises?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

They will solve this problem when Comcast buys them.

I mean I'm still sure WWE is not gonna be sold while Vince is alive but given the money being thrown around I wonder if Vince gets a deal where he can't say no

Another question is if this works out does HBO Max make a play for AEW PPV's and maybe a share of the company?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I mean I'm still sure WWE is not gonna be sold while Vince is alive but given the money being thrown around I wonder if Vince gets a deal where he can't say no

Another question is if this works out does HBO Max make a play for AEW PPV's and maybe a share of the company?

Warner seems dedicated to the idea that AEW is part of its sports line-up and they seem to want to keep their sports entities on BR Live, but uh, I think it's basically inevitable that AEW in some form winds up on HBO Max.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Dude, I don't get the loving point of a live performance on a PPV that has no live audience to pop.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm glad this poo poo is getting dumped onto a streaming service I don't actually use because lol at how hard they're going to push it to the front being that it's a billion dollar investment

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raw Results 1/25:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • WWE Champion Drew McIntyre returned and talked about his recovery from COVID, and called out Goldberg. Miz and Morrison came out instead and said Miz would cash in at the Royal Rumble. Goldberg came out and he and Drew beat up Miz and Morrison.
  • Charlotte Flair did a backstage promo and talked about how people call her Miss Wrestlemania (nobody calls her Miss Wrestlemania).
  • Charlotte Flair vs. Shayna Baszler ended in DQ in less than a minute due to interference by Nia Jax, Mandy Rose, Dana Brooke and Lacey Evans showed up and started brawling.
  • Charlotte Flair, Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke defeated Lacey Evans, Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax by countout in less than 5 minutes. The heels complained in the commercial break to Adam Pearce who agreed to restart the match.
  • Lacey Evans, Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax defeated Charlotte Flair, Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke in a six woman tag, with Nia getting the pin on Dana Brooke.
  • Xavier Woods defeated Slapjack in a singles match. Retribution beat him up afterwards and Mustafa Ali cut a promo on Kofi Kingston and announced he was entering the Royal Rumble.
  • Matt Riddle got an idea from R-Truth misunderstanding something The Hurt Business was doing.
  • The Hurt Business gave a gift to MVP, got interrupted by R-Truth who was jumped by jobbers after his 24/7 title, and Matt Riddle's "idea" turned out to be running in and hitting MVP with a flying knee.
  • Over an hour into the show they mentioned for the first time, completely unadvertised, that Edge would be making an appearance (at least by video) tonight.
  • Adam Pearce told R-Truth he could maybe be in the Royal Rumble if he beat AJ Styles tonight.
  • Sheamus defeated John Morrison in a singles match. Miz immediately challenged him to a handicap match which an exhausted Sheamus accepted.
  • The Miz and Morrison defeated Sheamus in a handicap match.
  • Charlotte Flair warned Ric Flair backstage that he was in danger of becoming a pathetic old man instead of a Legend. Lacey Evans attacked her from behind and pulled out Ric as he tried to check on her.
  • AJ Styles defeated R-Truth by submission to prevent him from being in the Royal Rumble. No jobbers rushed out to try and pin Truth post match despite being laid out and lame from the submission.
  • They played a large portion of Orton's HORRIBLE promo from last week and followed it up immediately with an Alexa's Playground segment just in case there were any survivors.
  • Matt Riddle won a Gauntlet against the Hurt Business. He defeated Shelton Benjamin after Cedric Alexander accidentally distracted the referee while Shelton was pinning Riddle. MVP was immediately submitted after being distracted by Shelton and Cedric arguing. Riddle pinned Cedric finally, earning a title shot against Bobby Lashley... who already beat him clean in a singles match two weeks ago. Lashley also came out and beat the poo poo out of Riddle post-match.
  • A Backstage Special on Saturday is going to give away the first 2 entrants in the Women's Royal Rumble and the #30 entrant in the Men's Royal Rumble :cripes:
  • In a pre-recorded segment, Edge announced he was entering the Royal Rumble.
  • Asuka (C) vs. Alexa Bliss for the Raw Women's Championship was one of the worst matches of the year and had no finish because Randy Orton showed up after a series of Alexa costume changes and RKOed Alexa and then the show just loving ended.
  • GDT Discussion here.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 26, 2021

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm really happy I decided to watch that. What an embarrassment.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm gonna watch the Royal Rumble because, well, it's the Royal Rumble. After that though I think this show and that main event (and the Peacock news) might have been the breaking point in much the same way The Prince Justice Brotherhood in TNA finally was more than I could put up with.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Royal Rumble is Sunday? Lol.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The sickening anti WWE Raw recapper neglected to mention Alexa Bliss manifested a hobby horse before the break but it was gone after the break.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

RKOed Alexa and then the show just loving ended.

Who's the face in the feud?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The Edge promo made me want him to win the rumble

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

The sickening anti WWE Raw recapper neglected to mention Alexa Bliss manifested a hobby horse before the break but it was gone after the break.

That's what the detailed results link is for! :colbert:

Vagabundo posted:

Correct.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'll never forgive WWE for breaking Jerusalem :argh:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't really see any reason to watch these shows when I can follow the WWE thread instead.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Vagabundo posted:

the face with the face burned to a crisp

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
How much supernatural power do you need to survive the RKO?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

That's what the detailed results link is for! :colbert:

Correct.

Yeah right buddy explain how they got a billion dollars then.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The best part by far was Randy Orton's jelly face.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Charlie just said The Fiend could be dead. Why isn't Randy in jail?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah right buddy explain how they got a billion dollars then.

They borrowed a million dollars from Ted Dibiase 1000 days in a row, duh!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
there is a non-zero chance we get two (three?) alexa bliss entrants in the WRR

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

graph posted:

there is a non-zero chance we get two (three?) alexa bliss entrants in the WRR

That's one way to get to 30 entrants without using 20 nxt women.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Blaise330 posted:

That's one way to get to 30 entrants without using 20 nxt women.

absolutely

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
last weeks raw and tonight's raw have absolutely been the worst raw episodes i have ever watched period

like at least smackdown is mildly entertaining

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vince's brother died.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Wait Charlotte and Asuka vs Nia and Shayna is at the rumble? That was a feud?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

Wait Charlotte and Asuka vs Nia and Shayna is at the rumble? That was a feud?

Last week Nia and Shayna both enthusiastically agreed to FINALLY cash in their automatic rematch clause (that no longer exists), and the commentators immediately gasped that it seemed like Nia and Shayna weren't on the same page here.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Orton's sunburn makeup, Alexa's crow getup, wtf.

https://twitter.com/theangleradio/status/1353918495738753024

bartok
May 10, 2006

MJeff posted:

I'm really happy I decided to watch that. What an embarrassment.

I'm really happy I watched this instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP8MPgWI7Pc

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I'm gonna watch the Royal Rumble because, well, it's the Royal Rumble. After that though I think this show and that main event (and the Peacock news) might have been the breaking point in much the same way The Prince Justice Brotherhood in TNA finally was more than I could put up with.

After so many years of dedicated watching I really thought I would have a harder time switching to "I'll check in on PPVs if I feel like it," and, boy, Jerusalem, it's actually been really nice. Do you know how much loving Yakuza I have been able to fit into Monday nights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://www.clippituser.tv/c/gvkbev

OH COME ON REF, that's a foreign object