Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
GGG should really suck it up and arrive at some kind of compromise with the player base on trading. I'm moderately hopeful they will because there's a good track record of them acquiescing on this kind of thing once community-made tools that paper over the things they refuse to fix become widespread. Stash tab crawlers paved the way for public tabs and the item API, PoeHUD paved the way for loot filters, etc.

Awakened POE Trade is, uh, pretty disrespectful to the trade API though. It doesn't need to search every time I open the window or toggle a mod; the thing probably runs 4 searches for every one I actually intend to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
From Awakened POE Trade's Discord:

quote:

1:16 PM SnosMe: GGG responded that they did block the application and are investigating how to handle a lot of requests.
3:35 PM SnosMe: GGG tried their best to unblock trade macros ASAP, but you guys love to price check, so it was blocked again to find more robust solution.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's so weird that the rate limit on their API is a boolean value.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Okay, I am a 100% crafting novice and harvest spat this ring at me from a reroll:

There are only a few similar rings up for 10-20ex. Try to sell as is or harvest to polish it up? What would I want to do to make it better? I have no idea how to properly craft things.

Any ballpark for it's value? I play this game every league but never get far enough where I see actual good items so I am at a loss for pricing and crafting.

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Okay, I am a 100% crafting novice and harvest spat this ring at me from a reroll:

There are only a few similar rings up for 10-20ex. Try to sell as is or harvest to polish it up? What would I want to do to make it better? I have no idea how to properly craft things.

Any ballpark for it's value? I play this game every league but never get far enough where I see actual good items so I am at a loss for pricing and crafting.

Still have open prefix to add a life mod, just try and get harvest crafts to add life mod, then find a annul life mod if you get a bad one.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Just crafting bench life on there and sell it

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Life augs and annuls are 1ex each so no actually don’t spam those on that ring, just craft and sell if you’re not using it

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Agreed. Sell. Let someone else gently caress up trying to make it better.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

whypick1 posted:

Agreed. Sell. Let someone else gently caress up trying to make it better.

Excellent, thanks for the advice (everyone) and yeah that tracks with my playstyle so there ya go.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

xZAOx posted:

From Awakened POE Trade's Discord:

i side with ggg here since it turns out awakened poe is so loving stupidly coded lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Ripped to sirus :(

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

So what’s the go-to minion build this league? Haven’t played one since Metamorph when Baron Zombies Necro was ridiculous. Is there anything on that level that isn’t insanely expensive?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Traitorous Leopard posted:

So what’s the go-to minion build this league? Haven’t played one since Metamorph when Baron Zombies Necro was ridiculous. Is there anything on that level that isn’t insanely expensive?

Carrion Golems Necro or Elementalist. Necro for LowLife Aura Stacker, Elementalist for Life version and more goobers following you around.

edit: Not sure what spectres build are doing now? Skellie Mages? Crabs?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Man, tonight was frustrating. My game performance has been trash, and it really showed when I went to do a baby a5 Sirus (my second of the league — I screwed up a watchstone lol) and ripped all 6 portals due to lag and latency spikes. If I was just bad at the fight that'd be one thing, but I had killed him earlier on worse gear with little issue.

aaaargh. :( On the bright side my Maven is slowly learning to use more words to express how much she loves things killing other things.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Experience of using awakened poe trade macro: I think I sold a 70life 27allres -mana cost of skills ring for 3c. Maybe it was 3ex and I was too tired to see the difference, or the program just didn't work that well :D

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I started my archmage tonight. Giving up on bleed bow. Got through act five in like 4-5 hours which is very fast for me, and painfully slow for others, I'm sure. I keep a quick leveling guide up, so I'm having to refer to it and a pin pretty often

But yeah, just leveling, and it's a ton of fun. No twinking beyond a tabula that was laying in my bank already, and put needed skill gems in the stash. Definitely moving as fast as I can through the maps, it was 43 before I want under leveled. Definitely a glass canon, but the gear is super ramshackle. Hope to hit maps tomorrow night, or at least close, then start shopping on Friday or so.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Speeding through character #2, and while I am really liking Bleed Bow, I feel like I'm going to have to knock off one of the damage support gems for Pierce Support since it is just too drat awkward to fight some monsters with Puncture only hitting one mob at a time.

Feels great, though! I managed to roll this up to help carry me through (ilvl 24, so it's stuck at three slots) and it's been doing pretty good. If anyone's wondering, it took one of each currency to turn a normal bow into this.

Victory Position fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jan 27, 2021

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Victory Position posted:

Speeding through character #2, and while I am really liking Bleed Bow, I feel like I'm going to have to knock off one of the damage support gems for Pierce Support since it is just too drat awkward to fight some monsters with Puncture only hitting one mob at a time.

Feels great, though! I managed to roll this up to help carry me through (ilvl 24, so it's stuck at three slots) and it's been doing pretty good. If anyone's wondering, it took one of each currency to turn a normal bow into this.

annoint the pierce notable imo

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm a fan of the new alva nodes.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

gently caress, soulwrest necro is legit. Swapped at 60 to green triads, diadem, hatred and the staff and have melted bosses instantly.

Hopefully I can speed it up a bit since cyclone is slow, but more move speed and Minion move speed should help.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Zotix posted:

I'm a fan of the new alva nodes.

I looked at them too but chose something else. How much does the respec cost, how can you do it? :v: That looks very good. I did my two first temples ever, in this league, and the potential seemed to be good if you got some upgrades.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ihmemies posted:

I looked at them too but chose something else. How much does the respec cost, how can you do it? :v: That looks very good. I did my two first temples ever, in this league, and the potential seemed to be good if you got some upgrades.

You respect with an orb that drops from the maven invitations. They are uncommon I'd say. Maybe 1 in 3 invitations yeilds one. It's called an orb of unmasking.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Zotix posted:

You respect with an orb that drops from the maven invitations. They are uncommon I'd say. Maybe 1 in 3 invitations yeilds one. It's called an orb of unmasking.

unmaking and I'm pretty sure they can drop in places other than maven fights too, I'm 95% sure I got one somewhere else - it may have been a conqueror/Sirus fight though, not just a plain map drop

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

No Safe Word posted:

unmaking and I'm pretty sure they can drop in places other than maven fights too, I'm 95% sure I got one somewhere else - it may have been a conqueror/Sirus fight though, not just a plain map drop

They do also drop in maps, got one there. I read somewhere their drop rate is around that of an exalt, and they currently go for around 9-10c in trading.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

So I've heard that generals cry blade flurry is an extremely effective boss killer on a low budget, with acceptable clearspeed to go with it. Looks like most people go berserker but there are some variants. Anyone running it? Any advice or input? I'm probably going to try to get it running on under 1ex investment to start, and we'll see how I like it.

Doomfletch raider is clearing great and is a lot of fun, and I do plan to continue to invest in it and play it, but I really worry about maven fights and even t16 bosses to some degree.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Speeding along with my RF Juggernaut. Just finished Act 8. Imported him into PoB to see what my DPS is and I'm at 45k this early. Hot drat. :stare:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Ran some ambush mod with the free rare corruption, got many free jorbs and divorbs.

Boring mod but it’s free money

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tonight I hit tier 13 maps and started thinking my build was in desperate need of of something because my survivability was okay but my kill time had started getting so low it was affecting my survivability. Anyway, I decided I'd hit 91 for some point wiggle room to do a wide respec and on opening up POB to look at my options I immediately figured I should probably first spend some of my hundreds of chaos on a 6-link. :ughh:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Larry Parrish posted:

annoint the pierce notable imo

Global pierce makes it so you can’t use ensnaring arrow

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Right, I've reached the point with this build where I'm super not sure where and how to upgrade. https://pastebin.com/VRzFf9h4 or https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Spuckuk/characters/characterName=LaserBeamExtreme

Started as Divine Ire but ended up switching to Penance brand Ignite Elementalist.

Doing the job just great so far up as high as low-mid red maps, but I am absolutely clueless as to how to get this really making GBS threads out damage, whether I can switch out the Kaoms for ??? and still stay survivable, should I be looking at switching to wands over staff?

Halp

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
wondering if you could make some kind of chaos igniter elementalist with a replica eternity shroud and a disintegrator work

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.
What do you guys pick for the Uncharted Realms points? I've done the two Zana ones, but am not certain what I want to take next. I'm thinking Close Allies, Enduring Influence or Adept Tracker.

And I'm guessing you only get points for doing one of the fights once + Maven, you don't get new points if you do the Guardian fights multiple times?

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

madstrike posted:

Carrion Golems Necro or Elementalist. Necro for LowLife Aura Stacker, Elementalist for Life version and more goobers following you around.

edit: Not sure what spectres build are doing now? Skellie Mages? Crabs?

Hmmmm, my league starter is already sitting on a LL setup with Shav's/Chayula/Prism Guardian, maybe a respec to Necro is in order.

e: Nvm lol, turns out the expensive part of this build isn't the 6L Shav's. These drat cluster jewels are crazy!!

Traitorous Leopard fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jan 27, 2021

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Kosh Naranek posted:

And I'm guessing you only get points for doing one of the fights once + Maven, you don't get new points if you do the Guardian fights multiple times?

Yeah you have to do one of each special fight.

Personally I'm starting with the Elder extra chance to drop watcher's eye because I enjoy doing Shaper/Elder fights, then probably spending the remaining 6 on awakening level 9 and either zana or synth stuff.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I went straight for the Awakener stuff. Faster conqs, Sirus dropping gems, and Awakener 9.

I bricked a Maven attempt at Awakener 9. Made it to the last phase, but I just don't have the DPS on my Lacerate Gladiator. Ground was almost nothing but puddles, and I just couldn't manage to play Simon while dodging the lasers AND all the puddles. I'll get her on a higher DPS build.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Because I refuse to reroll, I added a ryslatha's to my bleedbow gladiator. It's a good help, but the single target DPS is still painful. I skipped the assailum, it's too much of a liability in comparison to a 6L puncture. Maybe I'll get it again later, once I get my chaos resist capped again somehow.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Awakened poe whatever is why you don't let webdevs out of their hovel. Js is a Garbage Lang

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Awakened poe whatever is why you don't let webdevs out of their hovel. Js is a Garbage Lang

As someone who spends a chunk of his time on services dev, I feel this comment in my soul.

That said comments like this:

Futaba Anzu posted:

i side with ggg here since it turns out awakened poe is so loving stupidly coded lol

Are why you wouldn't get me back into open source development of a widely used product with a suitcase full of cash and a gun.

Realistically I think GGG had no remote idea what they were unleashing on themselves when they originally put out that API, I'm guessing as some weird side project a team member whipped up. It would probably be best if they made a V2 and pulled the original down entirely, presumably with some sort of per application token and rate control with more granular data available to make the deal appealing to the app developers.

RossCo fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

AggressivelyStupid posted:

yeah because autohotkey scripts are much better lol