Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Literally won't let me sell. I've had a market sell order active since it was at 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

oxsnard posted:

gme is gonna close at 50 bucks. quote this post

its on its way

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

soup. posted:

It's cool to be here to try to calm the room, but the stuff you're saying is just not good advice.

I know why you're here. You're here for the same reason someone who's trying not to drink lingers at the bar. You're getting high off of this. The incidental buzz. This is lighting up those neuron pathways burned into you that rewards gambling. That's fine. But nobody should listen to someone who's lurking the room getting high off a gambling fix. I know the excuse you're telling yourself, but it's a lie. I've seen a lot of people like you. You're not helping anyone here. You're creeping your disease.

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin

Dustcat posted:

don't be a dick, dude, it's good to have a voice of reason in here

He's not. He's telling himself he is. But I know why he's really lingering about.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

RH folks should keep trying, they canceled me out a few times but I got in my $69 of AMC stock. Anyway be safe out there though

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Feel pretty scammed by RH to be honest.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I NO LONGER EXIST, MY BODY IS JUST A VESSEL FOR THE RUSSELL 2000 SMALL CAP; I CAN SEE EVERY GAMESTOP IN THE TESSERACT OF INFITY AND I ONLY NEED REACH OUT TO DECIDE MY SELLING PRICE

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

lmao I clicked submit on monday buying gme at $75 and amc at $5

lmao my deposit hadn't gone through on etrade yet and won't until tomorrow

lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

mycomancy posted:

Managed to buy the AMC $11 dip lol what the gently caress is this actual adults spend their days doing this?

yeah and they rule the world lol

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

soup. posted:

Never understood the halts it's like screaming rape in a crowded public place it just makes everyone look to see what the gently caress is amiss and intensifies the chaos

the YOSPOS/CSPAM crossover

it is because of algorithmic trading plus HFT. Computers operating bajillion times faster than human consideration effectively and just doing their programmed algorithms that do not consider any death trap scenario because quants do not think it is possible makes conventional systemic risk look like a doozy

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
time to move up to the big leagues we talking DIS and AAPL baby yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycomancy posted:

Managed to buy the AMC $11 dip lol what the gently caress is this actual adults spend their days doing this?

apparently millions of them

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

AnEdgelord posted:

Its like an Ork Waaagh but instead of fighting its wrecking the stock market.

I can already feel the manic glee at all the chaos and im sure im not alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zelTmn8z0J0

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Dolphin posted:

Literally won't let me sell. I've had a market sell order active since it was at 20.

pretty sure it halted

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

soup. posted:

It's cool to be here to try to calm the room, but the stuff you're saying is just not good advice.

I know why you're here. You're here for the same reason someone who's trying not to drink lingers at the bar. You're getting high off of this. The incidental buzz. This is lighting up those neuron pathways burned into you that rewards gambling. That's fine. But nobody should listen to someone who's lurking the room getting high off a gambling fix. I know the excuse you're telling yourself, but it's a lie. I've seen a lot of people like you. You're not helping anyone here. You're creeping your disease.

nah mang. I literally have to look at commodity markets on a regular basis as part of my job. The thrill isn't there, just a profound wonder at the world.

I've had to reconcile my economic blackpilling (which is still there) with my gambling brain. This is therapeutic

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

mightygerm posted:

how am I going to explain to my kids that I bet their college fund on the advice of a internet person called 'cumshitter'

cumshitter is young enough that when you kids are 17 you can just ask cumshitter to come to your house and he will do it for you

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Should i sell the rest of my amc now

i bumped the stop up to 10 in case it starts to crater, but i'm gonna see where it goes

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah and they rule the world lol

:thermidor:

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

i'm a trader now. i got the app and everything. now i just need to figure out if i'm a bull or a bear

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dolphin posted:

Feel pretty scammed by RH to be honest.

that is precisely the purpose of an app called RobinHood.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

I cant do anything on the robinhood app or site both not working. Oh well i got something in on Blackberry.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

oxsnard posted:

so, just fyi, the fact that GME has been pretty stable for the past 10 minutes is probably a bad sign for HODLers. MMs are getting their books neutral and there's gonna be a big gap down now.

It's gonna drop back to 200 real fuckin fast

soup. posted:

you're both correct lol

GME looks like it's done, it's still overshorted but Melvin was the last group holding the $4 shorts I think? and all the remaining shorts are short from a way, way higher price and are more willing to hold it short

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Dolphin posted:

robinhood has done this before, where their system mysteriously breaks in such a way that you can buy but not sell

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
GME down to $250 lol

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

how long can you humiliate and oppress an entire generation before they wake up and fight back

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
so what actually happens to gamestop and AMC, etc. after the reddit hordes are done playing big-boy games? their stock crashes and they go bankrupt?

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

stay the gently caress away from AMC, don't buy on the downside of the pump & dump

stfu

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Jon Irenicus posted:

cumshitter is young enough that when you kids are 17 you can just ask cumshitter to come to your house and he will do it for you

*turns dining room chair around and sits in it*

hey buddies. who's ready to enter the work force? force. huh. makes it sound powerful, don't it?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

neutral milf hotel posted:

so what actually happens to gamestop and AMC, etc. after the reddit hordes are done playing big-boy games? their stock crashes and they go bankrupt?

the aftermath of stock megapumps is like a game of musical chairs where the chairs are rapidly disappearing

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

mycomancy posted:

i did the same and i was in the middle of playing vermintide and then when i looked back like 10 minutes later the dollar amount increased more than i make in a day

this is stupid

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Dustcat posted:

robinhood has done this before, where their system mysteriously breaks in such a way that you can buy but not sell

this happened with coinbase a lot a few years ago. RobinHood probably doesn't have the infrastructure to handle all this poo poo and their servers are on fire.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Slippery Nipple posted:

i'm a trader now. i got the app and everything. now i just need to figure out if i'm a bull or a bear

take some DMT and let your spirit guide choose your stock picks

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

There are almost 800,000 people reading WSB right now

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

imo i would buy

or sell

one of the two, not sure which. imo.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HallelujahLee posted:

I cant do anything on the robinhood app or site both not working. Oh well i got something in on Blackberry.

owned

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

designing my system infrastructure so that this rack is for buying and this single dell opteron is for selling

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
AMC to 100 by end of day. Trust me, I have a feeling on this one. We are all going to be rich

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Thanks to following Cumshitter's Law, I tripled up on AMC and now get to just enjoy watching Number be Number for the rest of the day, no regrets.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

the only consistent winning move is not to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

They rejected my massive 50 bux buy of AMC earlier