Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I've read two reviews, one that says the first half is great but the second half isn't and the other says the opposite. Hopefully I'm the person who enjoys both halves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That video seems overall positive on the game and the technical performance. Which seems at odds with the reaction to it in this thread.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nah you're supposed to overreact to the small number (900!) and laugh.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
yeah hitting sub 1080p when u should be at 4k. who could even notice that. lol. both the ps5 and series x are so bad this time what happened.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Dynamic resolution scaling happened. I doubt you'd even notice it and the frame rate would stay stable.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
you would have to not own eyes to not notice 900p on a 4k res screen thats the dumbest thing anyones said in this thread in at least 6 months

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Do you understand how dynamic resolution scaling works? It's 900p for half of a second as a huge explosion is happening. You won't be able to tell.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
you can just admit its bad. this is as sad as the ps5 guys saying its fine their $500 console cant do native 4k on stuff.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
ah heres the series x at 900p for a milisecond due to an explosion

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Jesus christ Stux just loving find a new thread. We understand we are loving ignorant assholes that choose to play with the wrong toys at the wrong time.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

He wants gamers to demand better. He loves you in his heart

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
7/10’s are perfect for gamepass. There’s always a few I think are way better than their average but now I don’t have to pay full price to find out.

I played through Donut County yesterday and it was great. Another game I would be unlikely to purchase outright.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Stux posted:

yeah hitting sub 1080p when u should be at 4k. who could even notice that. lol. both the ps5 and series x are so bad this time what happened.

A 3080 can't even handle it at 60fps at 1080p. https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perfor...t-off-settings/

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Thom12255 posted:

A 3080 can't even handle it at 60fps at 1080p. https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perfor...t-off-settings/

Even with DLSS! Holy poo poo!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://slickdeals.net/f/14801116-x...=external+share

1 month GPU for $4, stacks.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fwiw

quote:

Hey guys!
A dude from Eneba checking in here to answer some of the more common questions:

1. These codes definitely work for both new and existing users.
Theoretically, you can stack your subscription up to 36 months, but our security system will start rejecting your orders and not accepting your money after a several of them in a span of 24 hours (standard measures to avoid buyer abuse).
2. Please make sure you are selecting the cheapest seller from the list when buying on the product page to ensure you get the prices indicated by the OP on this thread.

Warmest regards,
A guy from Eneba
21 Minutes Ago
Like Reaction

It’s a great drat deal that’s for sure.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah I just did 10 weeks (max single order size) and put all the codes in just fine and I'm paid up until May. Looks like it stacks infinitely.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Midnight Club: LA doesn't show up on microsoft's backwards compatibility list but it is in fact a BC title. I wonder if some weird rear end licensing deal causes them to not be able to advertise it as BC despite being able to put the disc into my XSX and play it. totally forgot about how good the soundtrack is. game fuckin owns

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

American McGay posted:

Yeah I just did 10 weeks (max single order size) and put all the codes in just fine and I'm paid up until May. Looks like it stacks infinitely.

I bought 10 and only 3 worked.

It’s a pretty big YMMV thing looking at the thread on slick deals.

I’m not really out money I guess?

I still opened a support ticket. I’ve bought from this vendor before and never had a problem though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I bought ten codes and all ten worked. Kinda tempted to do more...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I bought ten codes and all ten worked. Kinda tempted to do more...

That’s Awesome that it worked but going by that SD thread it’s a big gamble to get more.

Although as a few people pointed out PayPal would give you your money back if it goes wrong so :shrug:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I got 10 working codes thank you

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I used Paypal. I'm gonna stick with the ten that I got. I feel like if there's risk, it'll be with Microsoft thinking something funky is going on.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I got four working codes, and then a refund for the rest, so I guess I'll take a month of Ultimate for 2 bucks.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

I bought 10 and only 3 worked.

It’s a pretty big YMMV thing looking at the thread on slick deals.

I’m not really out money I guess?

I still opened a support ticket. I’ve bought from this vendor before and never had a problem though.

Did you check your subscription end date to confirm they didn't work?

I only ask, because I used this deal direct on Eneba earlier this week and even though it'd say quite often that the code was already used, if you check your subscription date it still added on the 7 days. Every now and then you'd get a 'something went wrong'. If you wait a few minutes before trying again it worked fine.

Of the 32 codes I bought, over half had an error, but every one of them added onto my subscription end date.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

hambeet posted:

Did you check your subscription end date to confirm they didn't work?

I only ask, because I used this deal direct on Eneba earlier this week and even though it'd say quite often that the code was already used, if you check your subscription date it still added on the 7 days. Every now and then you'd get a 'something went wrong'. If you wait a few minutes before trying again it worked fine.

Of the 32 codes I bought, over half had an error, but every one of them added onto my subscription end date.

Yeah I checked it and they didn’t apply.

I sent a support ticket in and they said they are aware of the issue and offered a refund :shrug:

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Donut County is short and charming and I want to play it again for the achievements. Good Game Pass game

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Thom12255 posted:

yea this isn't a console issue, it's a bad game issue

if you want to go full console war the Xbonx is already pissing on the PS5 in multi-plats and the difference will only become more pronounced over time as currently the PS5 dev tools are more advanced with MS playing catchup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCcyYKpAsdM

i've still passed on a couple opportunities to become a proud Xboner since i want to play sashimi ghosts and poo poo tho

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I pickup my Xbox Friday and I'm actually excited. Can't wait to play Gears 5 as smoothly as on PC and finally play DMC5 SE. Did MK11 get a performance upgrade too? Forgot about that.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Wheeee posted:

yea this isn't a console issue, it's a bad game issue

if you want to go full console war the Xbonx is already pissing on the PS5 in multi-plats and the difference will only become more pronounced over time as currently the PS5 dev tools are more advanced with MS playing catchup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCcyYKpAsdM

i've still passed on a couple opportunities to become a proud Xboner since i want to play sashimi ghosts and poo poo tho

yeah the ps5 sucksssss too. i dont do console war i do "good hardware" thank you goon sire.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

phil spencer's sex box actually is good hardware tho

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
it has better gpu and cpu but a worse storage and memory solution. also while the ps5 is cosmically large the xbox is also too big and a weird shape. both consoles have stupid cooling systems. they both suck, need actual games to come out and hardware revisions before i would look at either .

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The best place to play 360 games has stux shook

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

no the sex box has better hardware than most people's gaming pcs

like i get your gimmick, but it's dumb

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What's wrong with the cooling solution?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

American McGay posted:

You can drop poo poo directly into the console

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Here I am, eating my drippy nachos crouched over my sex box.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Wheeee posted:

no the sex box has better hardware than most people's gaming pcs

like i get your gimmick, but it's dumb

so what lol that doesnt just automatically make the hardware good, theres more to it than "big number good". the memory is insanely stupid, the sdk sucks currently and devs cant get it going how it should for its spec, the form factor is completely bizarre, the storage solution is 360 propritary harddrive garbage brought back when drive space is getting filled up by unoptimized rushed games. the cpu and gpu being solid doesnt mean anything when everything else around it sucks. both consoles will inevitably get a slim revision thats a normal form factor and more sane size and ship with better internal storage numbers. this is like the ps3/360 gen if both of them released a ps3 lol

American McGay posted:

iits just a big fan sitting on top of everything with messed up airflow and no filtering, complete garbage. hate to see/hear how theyre going to end up by the end of the gen. at least it doesnt currently ship with heating issues tho like the ps5 and its memory that runs at 95c.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Claimed 10 and they stacked, nice heads up.

American McGay posted:

Absolutely nothing. Running silent and cool and will do til the end just like my one did for 7 years. Dipping into yakuza 3 on gamepass now. Xbox stays winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Stux posted:

so what lol that doesnt just automatically make the hardware good, theres more to it than "big number good". the memory is insanely stupid, the sdk sucks currently and devs cant get it going how it should for its spec, the form factor is completely bizarre, the storage solution is 360 propritary harddrive garbage brought back when drive space is getting filled up by unoptimized rushed games. the cpu and gpu being solid doesnt mean anything when everything else around it sucks. both consoles will inevitably get a slim revision thats a normal form factor and more sane size and ship with better internal storage numbers. this is like the ps3/360 gen if both of them released a ps3 lol

iits just a big fan sitting on top of everything with messed up airflow and no filtering, complete garbage. hate to see/hear how theyre going to end up by the end of the gen. at least it doesnt currently ship with heating issues tho like the ps5 and its memory that runs at 95c.

drat,, u should go educate those idiots at digital foundry